Catching Up

Taylor Mercer

OOC First Name
Taylor
Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the mane of a Unicorn
Taylor couldnt believe she hadnt been in this part of the school yet. She thought she had been everywhere. She must have missed this place in her exploring. She couldnt understand why she would miss this place. The view was amazing! It was twighlight and the sun was setting over the lake. It was a fantastic sight. She stood at the top and let a breeze roll in from a window, pushing her long blonde hair out of her face gently. She let a small smile reach her face as she pulled the green jumper that matched her eyes she was wearing tighter around her.

Scorpius had been avoiding the Ravenclaw tower for as long as he could before he had to go to bed and thought of going up to the North tower to be alone for a bit. He walked up the stairs slowly and when he walked up he saw someone standing there. At first he was going to turn and leave but he recognized who it was. He walked up behind her and said, "Boo," with a grin on his face.

Taylor was too absorbed in the view to notice someone else had joined her. She did notice however when said person scared her. She didnt scream, but she jumped out of her skin nevertheless. Turning she noticed Scorpius with a grin on his face. "You scared the life out of me." She admitted, matching his grin. "What you doing up here?" She asked, turning back to the view.

Scorpius' grin grew wider but he said, "Sorry about that Taylor." When she asked what he was doing up here he walked over and stood beside her, looking out into the horizon. "Just getting away," he replied simply. "What about you?" he turned to look at her with a smile on his face.

Taylor laughed. "Thats alright." She paused for a beat. "Ill just have to get you back now wont I?" She said cheekily. She listened to Scorpius's answer. "Yeah im the same. The view is amazing." She said absently. "How have you been, anyway?" She looked back at him and met his smile with her own.

Scorpius smirked and said, "I'd like to see you try Missy," with a twinkle in his eyes. As she mentioned the view he turned back to look at it, it certainly was breathtaking. When she asked how he was he sighed almost inaudibly as he decided how he was feeling. Jenn, Tyler, and Luna probably all hated him because he had kept his relationship with Luna a secret. He glanced over at Taylor who was smiling and didn't want to hurt her either. "Well I've managed to stay out of fights," he said with a small smile on his face as he gestured to his face that no longer had cuts or bruises. "How about you?" he asked, wanting her to do the talking.

She glanced back at the view. "Thats good to know, cant have you constanly broken can we now?" She smirked. She looked back at Scorpius so see that he was somewhat troubled. There was something he was keeping to himself. She let it go, thinking if he didnt want to tell her, she probably didnt want to know. "I heard Sam and Toni are back together, you ok about this?" Maybe thats what he was hiding, she couldnt be sure.

"Ive been ok." Her eyes watching as the sun began to disappear behind the lake. "Nothing new to report." She smiled softly.

Scorpius chuckled and shook his head as an answer to Taylor's reply of him staying out of fights. When she mentioned Sam and Toni he smiled inwardly, of course people would think he was still hung up on Toni. "Yeah I'm okay with it," he replied with a small smile. "They're my best friends and they deserve happiness," he said with a shrug.

When Taylor said nothing new he frowned a little. "You mean some boy hasn't swept you off your feet yet?" he asked with a devilish grin on his face.

She looked over at him again. "You still liking Toni then?" She asked generally curious. What he had said sounded like he still did, but at the same time, it could have meant he didnt. A secret part of her hoped he would say no, but she hit that part of herself. It was the jelous monster rising in her.

She didnt know what to say at the next comment. She almost said 'yes, you did'. But she didnt like Scorpius, she told herself. She didnt know him well enough anyway. It was just a crush. Instead of answering his question she just laughed.

Scorpius brought his hand up to his hair to ruffle it and gave her a warm smile. "No I don't like Toni anymore," he said honestly, hoping she saw that. He didn't want people to think he still liked her. But for Taylor's sake, he neglected to mention Luna, he didn't want to get yelled at once more that day.

When she didn't answer his question but instead laughed he raised an eyebrow curiously. "Is that a yes or a no?" he asked as his mouth formed a smirk again.

She saw him ruffle his hair out of the corner of her eye and promptly ignored it, focusing all her attention on the view. Taylor didnt reply to the not liking Toni comment, instead she raised an eyebrow and smirked at him. She studied his face carefully, there was still something he was keeping from her and it was starting to make Taylor worry that it was something bad.

She laughed again at the next comment. "Its probably a no." She said truthfully. She couldnt be sure of anything yet, after all she had only been at the school about two weeks.

"Probably?" he questioned her with a curious look on his face. He smiled at her to show that he wasn't in a tense mood and continued to look out at the view.

"Yeah probably." She said with a cheeky smile. "I dont know." She said honestly. She had no idea how she felt. He seemed to stop acting like he was hiding something so she let the situation go. She watched as the sun disappeared, but its glow was still visible and it shadowed the forest.

Taylor probably knew she had something to hide, it read all over his face, but she had seemed to stop questioning him about it so he was glad. He looked out at the view and said, "Beautiful sunset wasn't it?" He smiled at her and then noticed something seemed to be bothering her instead now. "Is something wrong Taylor?" he asked her, putting his hand on her shoulder.

She nodded. "Its fantastic." She smirked as she said it, trying not to laugh at their on-going joke. He placed a hand on her shoulder and asked if something was wrong. He obviously noticed she was concered about why he wasnt telling her. "No nothings wrong with me." She smiled at him gently. "I, I'm..." She guessed she would just go straight out and ask him. "I just feel like your keeping something from me, but i dont know, I'm probably being stupid." She laughed, looking back at the sunset. "And i dont think im going to like it." She finished softly, so softly she didnt know if Scorpius would hear.

Scorpius smiled when she brought up one of their old inside jokes. He smiled was quickly wiped off his face as soon as she voiced what she was thinking. She knew he was hiding something and she knew it would hurt her. He cleared his throat and took his hand off her shoulder to ruffle his hair. "There's nothing to hide," Scorpius lied perfectly with a smile.

Taylor shook her head and her own smile reached her face. She wouldnt make him tell her, if it wasnt her business she would leave it that way. "If you are keeping something from me, you know i wouldnt care what it was." She said truthfully, looking seriously into his eyes. "Your my friend and i wouldnt get angry at you." She gave him a friendly smile. She meant every word, she doubted anything he had to say would make her angry, let alone make her stop being friends with him.

She copied his action and put a gentle hand on his shoulder. "But if its something you really dont want to talk about, as a friend i wouldnt make you." She knew for a fact he was hiding something, even if he pretended he wasnt, she had a skill for being able to read people. She wouldnt make him talk about if he didnt want to though. She smiled gently.

Scorpius smiled at her appreciatively and sighed. He hoped she would hold on to what she had just said 'I wouldn't care what it was.' He looked at her and said, "The reason why I don't have a crush on Toni is because I have a girlfriend now." He smiled weakly at her, hoping she wasn't mad and he was glad he was finally able to get it off his chest and not have to lie about it.

Her smile grew wider and she hit him playfully. "Why didnt you just tell me that silly." She laughed, glad it wasnt something as serious as she had thought. "I thought it was something serious, you had me worried. Thats great, im happy for you." She smiled gently. Sure, she was a tiny bit let down, but she had expected that. She didnt understand why she didnt just tell her this. Realisation hit her, he probably knew she had a crush on him. She mentally slapped herself, had she been that obvious? "So who is it?" She smiled cheekily.

Scorpius' smile grew wider as Taylor hit him. He rubbed his arm as if it hurt but just shrugged when she asked why he didn't tell her right away. "Thanks," he mumbled when she congratulated him. When she asked who it was he paused for a bit, but then said, "Luna Paramore. She's a second year Ravenclaw." He smiled at her once more wondering if she knew her or not and what she would think if she did know her.

Taylor thought about whether she knew her or not but unfortunatly couldnt recall ever meeting her. "Hmm, havent met her before." She turned back to the view. "How long have you been together?" Taylor hadnt talked to Scorpius in a while, suddenly remembering there last meeting she said. "Sorry about running off last time we spoke too, i felt really bad about it after." She frowned slightly.

Scorpius thought back to when he and Luna had first gone through the entire castle in search of a piano. "For about two weeks I think," he said slowly. When she brought up the last time they talked he shrugged and said, "I wondered if it was something I did. Was it?" he asked her unsure.

She nodded slowly, her eyes still on the view. Her head suddenly snapped to Scorpius at the next comment though. "No way! Wow, im sorry. I was on a break from work and I had to go back, but lost track of time. Im so sorry." She felt worse now that she thought she left him because she didnt want to be there.

Scorpius let out a small chuckle and said, "Alright, it's okay no need to apologize. I just wanted to be reassured that I didn't scare you away or anything." He smiled at her and gave her a small hug to show that he forgave her, even though there was no need for her to apologize anyway. "Wait, where do you work?" Scorpius asked curiously as she mentioned it.

She returned the hug. "Why would you scare me away?" She laughed. "I work at Madam Malkins." She smiled, she enjoyed her job and it was something to do when she didnt have classes. "You have a job?" She questioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back