OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
10 inch knotted rigid Ash with a Hippogryff feather core
Amaya's last year had been a bit uneventful so far. She hadn't had a date before or during either of the dances. But that was fine, she knew she had looked fabulous. She was working on the last of her book. She hummed, curled up in the corner of the student lounge. She was going through letters from home, reading news from her mother, her father, her sister, even one from her uncle and her cousin Onyx. She had her hair pulled back into a bun, setting aside each letter as she finished it.

Abian felt like he spent most of his time studying this semester, probably because he was. He knew that everything depended on this semester, and he was very worried he'd mess it all up in his final year. It was wild to think that in a few months he could be studying to become a healer, but he was well on his way. He had taken a few books with him to the student lounge, looking around for a good space to sit. He spotted Amaya sitting by herself, and hesitated. He'd been avoiding her for so long that he almost walked away quickly, but them he remembered they were okay again. Abian moved over to her table and placed his books down. "Can I sit here?" He asked her a little awkwardly.

Amaya looked up when someone spoke, smiling as she saw Abian. Her heart fluttered a little, but it was different than it had been with Kace. More like... relief, really, mixed with happiness. "Hey, yeah," she gathered her papers, setting them in a neater pile by her elbow. "Studying?" she asked, tucking a stray curl behind her ear.

Abian smiled at Amaya as she moved some things so he could sit with her. He sighed as he sat down, nodding at her question. "Always." He said, shaking his head a bit. "I seem to be stuck in a loop of studying, eating, and sleeping. With the occasional Quidditch." He said, pulling a face. "And I hate studying. If you told twelve year old Abian I would be such a nerd he would be so disappointed." He joked. It was true, but mostly because at twelve Abian had thought he was just too stupid to do well at school no matter how much he tried. That had been before he had figured out that he wanted to be a healer, before he had gotten the motivation to dare trying again.

Amaya smiled a bit. "Oh, don't be so hard on yourself. You're still quidditch captain and in charge of that boys club," she reminded him. "Why are you studying so hard?" she asked, curious. It had been a while since they'd really talked. She chuckled a little. "I think twelve year old me would be very upset I haven't finished this book yet," she wrinkled her nose and shook her head.

Abian shrugged. "Well, yeah, but that also costs time." He said with a shrug. "Maybe a loop of studying, eating, club stuff, quidditch stuff, sleep and repeat." He said with a shrug. "If you want to be literal about it." Amaya asking why he was studying so hard really reminded him of how long it had been since they talked. "I realized I wanted to be a healer." He said with a shy shrug. "A while ago. But it takes a lot of time for me to get my grades somewhere decent, let alone somewhere good." He admitted. School work had never come very naturally to him, it had always taken him a lot of effort.

Amaya smiled a little, hesitating before moving her hand over Abian's. "You're doing very well," she reassured him. Her eyes widened a little when he said he wanted to be a healer. "Really? Wow, that... that is a really noble profession." She smiled widely. "You're going to do great." she laughed lightly, squeezing his hand. "You're stubborn, you know. Every time you set your mind to do something, you do it. I have complete faith in you."

Abian looked at their hands in surprise, but didn't pull away. He felt a little awkward, but he knew Amaya wanted to be like they used to be. For her, he could try. "Uh, yeah. I've known I wanted to for a while." He admitted. "I just used to think I'd be too stupid to get the right grades, but I'm almost there." He admitted. He then smiled at her, glad for her support. "Do you know yet what you want to do?" He asked her.

Amaya pulled her hand back, brushing her hair behind her ear. She didn't want to push too much. "I could have told you that, silly," She teased softly, "Once you set your mind to it, you always get what you want," she laughed lightly. She hesitated when he asked what she wanted to do, looking away. "I, ah... I was actually thinking... I could be a dance instructor. Work on my novels the rest of the time."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back