Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual
Wand
Curly 9 Inch Flexible Black Walnut Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
After the Quidditch game, Jordie and Val made their way back to the castle, hungry and looking for food. At least, Jordie was hungry. Starving, really, he'd been too excited to eat that morning. He hummed happily, pulling his Slytherin Quidditch Captain jacket out of his bag and slipping it on, missing his sister and proud he could wear her jacket to school. He wished Onyx had given him a jacket or something he could wear at school, maybe he would ask. He waited until he and Val had seated themselves and gotten a plate of food before speaking. "So, how are you liking school?" Jordie asked his friend with a smile, digging into the salad he'd picked.

Val was a bit hungry, he hadn't eaten much for breakfast due to a stomach ache, but it seemed he was fine now. "It's... been alright. I'm not used to all the noise though." He said, once again wondering if the other houses were as rowdy as his. His home was much quieter than hogwarts. He took a bite of the sandwich he was eating. "The classes are alright, you?" Val had to admit that the not all of the classes so far weren't too boring. The magic aspect of things did make classes a tiny bit more fun.

Last edited:
Jordie nodded, swallowing a bite of his food. "Yeah, I understand that. My house can be energetic, but nothing like this," He chuckled. "I've found some quiet places to hide away, maybe I can show you? The Hufflepuff common room is pretty relaxed, though. I don't know if the Gryffindor common room is, I've heard it's always been pretty rambunctious up there," He laughed, picking up his drink and sipping it. "I don't understand all of it, but I'm enjoying it," He laughed lightly.

Val widened his eyes and nodded his head more than enthusiastically. "Yes, show me your hiding spots." He was completely serious, there wasn't enough places that the young gryffindor had found to relax, there always seemed to be another person there. "Rambunctious is an understatement." His smile had a bit of a strain as he said this. "You think you'll try out for quidditch next year?" To his understanding, first years weren't allowed to try-out, though even if it wasn't true, Val wouldn't have tried-out. He didn't know enough about the sport, or the flying.

Jordie smiled easily. "Sure!" He agreed, "We can go when we're done eating." He took another bite of his food. When Val asked about quidditch, Jordie nodded enthusiastically. "Yeah! I really want to be on the team," He gushed, practically bouncing in his seat. "My sister was co-captain with the Slytherin seeker last year, she was a beater, I really want to be on the house team like she was." He explained, taking a sip of his drink. "Who knows, if I'm any good at it I might try to play professionally, I haven't decided yet,"

Val started eating his food a tiny bit faster, excited to discover these new hiding spots. It was pretty cool that Jordie had something he wanted to do when he grew up, even if he wasn't so sure about it. Val had never actually thought about what he'd do when he got out of school and now that he was in this magic school, he was even more unsure of what he'd do. What jobs did the wizarding world have anyways? "That's cool, good luck on that next year." He said as he gave an attempt at an encouraging smile.

Jordie laughed. "Thanks." He sipped his drink before looking to Val. "How are you adjusting? I remember when we met you seemed to be having a bit of a time adjusting to being magic." He poked at his food. He hoped Val was doing alright, he would hate to think one of his friends was struggling with things.

"Um.. The magic thing's kind of hard. " He said truthfully. He still wasn't used to waving the magical stick around, and most of his spells didn't really turn out well yet, but he was practicing... occasionally. Okay, let's be honest. Val hadn't really done any practicing. He was too lazy to and he had actually spent most of his free time just swimming in the lake. "Flying's been kinda fun though."

Jordie nodded. That made sense. "I could help you if you wanted," he offered. "I'm not the best but I've always been around it so I get it a bit." He took a bite of his food, nodding enthusiastically about flying. "Yes! I love flying!" He laughed lightly.

"That would be great. Um. Thanks." Val wasn't used to making friends this easily, especially ones who were so willing to help. He had always been the new kid, and even to magic, Val was the new kid. He finished his food, and as he waited for Jordie to finish his, he remembered something else about hogwarts. “Do you know if your sister’s ever been into the forest?” He asked, an idea slowly forming.

Jordan smiled. "You're welcome!" He laughed lightly. When Val asked about the forest, Jordie nodded. "Yeah, she has," He smiled a bit. "Why? What are you scheming?" He finished off his food and leaned forward, a sly grin on his lips. This was bound to be fun.

Val had heard that the forest had some dangerous things, but why build a school so near these dangerous things. Maybe they were hiding something? Maybe it was the machinery that ran the school, and he wanted to see for himself. Val had a grin forming on his face, finally something fun could happen. "Oh, I don't know." He said with a tinge of sarcasm. "We could.. go exploring in the forest, instead of...y'know, going to class." He added the last bit, it would probably be much more fun than whatever potion ingredients or floating trick they would learn in class for sure.

Jordie hesitated. Skipping class? But he liked class. Still, he'd promised to help out Val... and he couldn't just let Val go into the forest by himself. "Skipping class is too obvious, people will notice we're gone..." He snapped his fingers. "What if we go during the next quidditch game? Everyone will be preoccupied with it and it will give us time to prepare, and we're less likely to get caught," He proposed, smiling widely.

Val liked the idea of skipping class better, but Jordie did have a valid point. He didn’t think that they’d be noticed if they were gone, but he did think that there were much more distractions during the quidditch game. Hopefull this quidditch game would last for longer. “Hmm.. Ok, Yeah that sounds good.” He said, starting to get up. “So you gonna show me those hiding spots?” He asked, rhetorically, smiling a little bit.

Jordie laughed, standing as well and motioning for Val to follow him. "Yeah, come on, let's go," He grinned, winking playfully before sauntering out of the great hall. He was pleased with how the day had gone, really he was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back