Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Ivy
Wand
Knotted 13 1/2 Inch Flexible Fir Wand With Augurey Tail Feather Core
@Professor Kahurangi Josephs

During the school breaks, Flynn made sure to make the most of all the free time. Which usually meant staying locked in his room and sleeping for long hours of the day. While things around the house had become interesting now his mother was running for Minister, Flynn hadn't really gotten involved in all of it. And it was not really like he fully supported the idea. Not that he was against it, but rather he wasn't really all that interested in all of the politics. But with the election cycle, the house was quiet most of the time with Siobhan out working on her campaign. Which meant there was no one around to wake Flynn up at a decent time.

It was just gone noon by the time the teenager finally pulled himself from bed. Hair sticking at all odd angles, not even bothering to change out of the baggy shirt and shorts he had gone to bed in. Too tired to even bother putting on his prosthetic, instead, he just grabbed one of the crutches leaning against the end of his bed, yawning as he half-hopped and half-walked down the stairs to the kitchen. The first port of call was food, quickly making himself some toast, holding it in his mouth to free his hands as he decided to cut through the living room to reach the stairs. However, he was not prepared for what he was hobbling into.

There, sitting in the living room, was the Ravenclaw Head of House. Of course, Flynn was aware of the fact his mother and the Ravenclaw Head were dating, it was not really something he enjoyed thinking about, but it was rather hard to ignore now a Professor was sitting in his living room. "Uhhh...." he trailed off rather dumbly, blinking sleepily as he pulled the toast from his mouth, swallowing the mouthful, "I'm not dreaming, am I?" It would be nice if he was dreaming, otherwise, he was currently standing there looking an absolute mess in front of a Professor. Not a great image.

Minister McGowan. As good as it sounded, Kahurangi was still adjusting to the thought that her partner might become leader of the entire country. She almost hadn't believed Siobhan at first, but it was clear now that the campaign was well underway, and she couldn't help being proud of her partner, working so hard to stand for such important things. She was doing her best to support the campaign, watching her own behaviour in public and picking up any little jobs she could handle for Siobhan. Especially now, in her holidays, Kahurangi was free to do as much as she could for the campaign.

She was working on fliers today, trying to make as many as she could before going out on a run taking them around town. Kahurangi hadn't bothered to change out of her pyjamas yet, wrapped in Siobhan's largest dressing gown as her wand moved back and forth, operating the production line she had going. Duplicating the original flier, folding the duplicate neatly along the clear lines, and settling it into the pile with the others. She had one eye on her work and one on her daughter, as Hinemoa enacted some kind of ferocious war between two toy dinosaurs.

Her mind was so busy with her task that Kahurangi didn't realise she had been joined until Flynn spoke, giving the boy a cheerful smile as she looked over. "Well, I certainly hope I'm not a figment of your imagination." She smiled, lowering her wand as the last flier folded itself and settled neatly atop the pile. "Mōrena* Flynn, I hope Hinemoa didn't disturb you."

*Mōrena - Good morning

Upon closer inspection, it seemed as though the Professor in his living room was still wearing her pyjamas. Now Flynn just felt even weirder about this whole thing. It was weird enough that his adoptive parent was dating a Professor, but now someone he was supposed to see as an authority figure at school was sitting there casually in her pyjamas.

"Err," it still took him just a moment to find his voice again, blinking a couple more times just to make extra sure he wasn't just dreaming all of this before his gaze found the child and her dinosaurs. "Uh, no. I didn't even... know you were here." Maybe Siobhan had mentioned it and he just hadn't been paying attention at the time. This could be possible, he didn't really pay much attention to most things, so it wasn't too out there to imagine he just hadn't been listening when he had been told. If he had even been told.

Still feeling incredibly awkward about all of this, Flynn shifted his fingers around the piece of toast still in his hand. "I guess you're... um... working on campaign stuff?" He supposed that would make the most sense, otherwise, he couldn't see any other reason a Professor in her pyjamas was sitting there folding up fliers in their living room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back