Cartwheels in the sun

Eliza Beth Stewart

OOC First Name
Melissa.
Wand
Mahogany Wand 14" Essence of Unicorn Hair
Eliza Beth was feeling a little lonely, she still hadn't seen any one around lately that she knew. She had been keeping an eye out for Sia but so far hadn't seen a trace of her. Dumping her backpack on the ground she turned a few cartwheels before landing in a giggling heap on the grass. Pulling her bag towards her she pulled out her notebook and quill and flipped to the page where she drew Sia. Tracing the lines on the page with her finger she looked around at the students milling around on the lawn. Sighing she turned to a new page and started to draw.

Sia came up behind Eliza Beth and yelled
"Boo!" She knew it was kind of cheesy, but couldn't help it. Sia hadn't seen her friend for ages, apart from the occasional glimpse in class, and was loonkng forward to catching up.
"Hi! How are you?"

Eliza Beth being absorbed in her drawing didn't hear Sia approaching until she shouted 'BOO!' Shreiking her hand flew up the page and left a great pencil mark through her page. Laughing she ripped the page out and srunched up. Turning to Sia she grinnned "Oh my gosh you gave such a fright!I'm good... how are you?! I haven't seen you in AGES! Whats been happening?!" Eliza Beth knew she was asking lots of questions with out leaving any room for answers but she didn't care she was excited to see Sia "Sit down we have to catch up!"

Sia gracefully accepted Eliza Beth's invitation, and flopped down on the lush grass beside her.
"Oh, where do I start," she said, laughing.
"I'm pretty good, but isn't school hectic! And then there's everything outside school as well. I've been gaining long lost relatives all over the place! My sister's getting married, and . . . I don't know."

Eliza Beth smiled at Sia and laughed "Lucky! I haven't even got a long lost relative...my sisters don't count" she nodded "School has been hectic! Hold on...your sister?! You have to tell me every thing!" Putting her notebook down she turned to Sia and crossed her legs in front of her "Story time" she said giggling.

"Well . . . I don't know where to begin, really." Sia sighed, knowing she was repeating herself but not really caring. "My sister Melodie, who I only met recently, is both pregnant and getting married. My cousin Abathyn, who I've also just met, has a young child and is pregnant with another. My parents are away, and she's just asked me to live with her, and . . . It's all so complicated! So, how has your day been?"

((not to mention you already know all this stuff and it's too complicated for Sia to explain properly.))

((lol yeah thats true :cool: ))

Eliza Beth nodded her mouth agape "That is complicated." she agreed and she shrugged "It's been okay but I have to admit I'm missing my younger sisters a bit." Picking up her notebook she flipped to the back. There was a slightly ripped piece of paper stuck to the back cover. Lifting up the flap she extracted a photograph, smiling she looked up at Sia "I discovered this flap one night and I found some photos of my parents and sisters do you want to see?" she asked as she held out the photos.

images
images
220px-KellyMacdonaldOct07_2.jpg
MV5BMTA3Nzk2MDg3NzFeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDk0ODU4NjE@._V1._SX93_SY140_.jpg

((Maybe Sia should realise something familliar about Eliza Beth's parents or something?? maybe??))

"Cool! Your sisters are really cute, I wish I had younger siblings. . ." Sia trailed off, realising there was something familiar about Eliza Beth's parents. She frowned, discombobulated.
"Your dad looks so much like my uncle, it's scary."
Then she grinned and changed the subject, resolving to puzzle over it later.
"Hey, show me some of your drawings. You know how I love your drawings."

((Eliza Beth can still keep thinking about it if she wants. What's her dad's name?))

[((nice use of discomboulated! Her dads name is Pierre (french for Peter) coz isn't Sia's uncle french? I can change it later))

Eliza Beth frowned "Really?!" she took the photos back and studied them "Odd." Thinking hard she vowed to find out more then she smiled "Ok why not?" handing over her sketch book she flipped it open and showed Sia her latest sketches.
images
images
images
images

The orphanage__________Dogs__________Dogs and______________More Dogs

"They're not much but...I went through a doggy phase for a while there." she giggled "As you do!" she added with a smile. She looked up to the cloudless sky "It's a beautiful day" she stated with a sigh. And waited for Sia to say something.

"These are brilliant," Sia exclaimed, looking through her friend's notebook. "You could, like, be an artist or something. I mean, you already are an artist, but . . . that came out badly." Sia sighed and made a silly face.
"Hey, what do you think of the teachers?"

((when & where should we post the whole relatives discovery thing? How do we find out? Maybe Sia's dad could say something . . .))

Eliza Beth giggled and pulled a silly face back o_O "Theyre ok..." she said. Taking the book back and put it down on the grass. Tracing the cover with her finger she answered Sia's question "Yeah the teachers are alright I guess... I'm generally too shy to speak to them but... they give a good impression..." Blushing smiled at Sia "How do you like teachers then?" she asked

((Um... Idk Whenever...We can work it out at school on Monday...Yeah maybe Sia's dad should say something...))

"Well . . . most of them are pretty good, I think."
Sia tried hard not to say anything too controversial in case a teacher happened to wander past.

((soz bowt the short post, just I'm simultaneously trying to do my real writing. Yeah, we should really discuss it at school, cos Bitty kinda needs to be in on this too))

Eliza Beth smiled knowingly and giggled. Picking up her notebook again she flicked it to a clean page "Hold still" She said.

The light and scenery around Sia was perfect. Pulling a well worn pencil out of her pocket she started to draw. Shading and sketching she noted that the light behind Sia's head almost made it look like she had a halo. Looking up at Sia's face insperation struck and she quickly erased the grass and trees around her. Draw clouds she drew light feathery wings on Sia's back and gave her a long flowing dress. Looking up again she passed the notebook back to Sia "What do you think?" she asked hesitently hoping she would like it.

((Iz ok... Yeah we can discuss it later))

"Wow," Sia murmured, looking at the drawing. "This is amazing- I've never looked that good to my own eyes. You are seriously talented at this stuff. I wish I had a talent like that."
Sia gazed absently in the distance, not noticing the whistful expression on her face. She was jolted back to reality by Eliza Beth's hand waving in front of her face.
"Sorry. I get so distracted lately. I don't know why. Something's bugging me about your dad, though. What's his name?"

Eliza Beth grinned "You do look like that you know...well minus the wings and halo" she said giggling. "I bet you do have a talent, everybody is good at something" she added.

Eliza Beth watched as Sia looked off into the distance she seemed far away. Waving her hand in front of her face she giggled "Sia? Earth to Sia?" she grinned "Don't apologize I get like that too." she laughed. Then listening to Sia she said "Pierre." she said confused "Why?"

Sia smiled at Eliza Beth's support.
"Yeah, maybe I do. Guess I just haven't found it yet." Sia did wish for a talent, but didn't see she ever had a hope of finding one.

Hearing the name she had been waiting for, Sia gasped. Things were falling into place, but she didn't know what they were. It was like doing a puzzle, but not being able to see the pictures on the pieces. Sia's voice, when she spoke, was little more than a hoarse whisper, and Eliza Beth had to strain to hear it.
"My uncle's name . . . was Pierre."

Eliza Beth strained to hear what Sia was saying. Listening her face drained of colour "What?!" she whispered back "Are you sure?" she asked. Because if this were true she realised that she had might, possibly have found her realitives that disappeared all those years ago. Biting her lip she waited for Sia to confirm.

"Of course I'm sure- he was my uncle. He died a few years ago . . . when did you become a orphan?" Sia strained to keep the excitement out of her voice; was Eliza Beth yet another long lost relative? There would be things to confirm, she would have to ask her parents, but it seemed too much to be a coincidence.

((remember Eliza Beth's parents must have died quite a while after Sia's went into hiding; she has younger sisters.))

Eliza Beth frowned "I became and orpahn....2 years ago... When Zeiva was 1" she replied with a sniff. Suddenly all the questions that Sia was asking fell into place. Turning to Sia, her eyes filled with excitement "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" she asked with a giggle.

Sia frowned, then giggled back.
"I think I'm thinking what you're thinking. Did that sentence just get way too confusing? It doesn't matter. I think . . ."
Sia trailed off, thinking.

It seemed to all fit. Uncle Pierre had died two years ago, with his wife. Sia had never asked how, had never realised it might be important. She hadn't seen him for many years before that, and her only memories were vague, but they were certainly similar to the picture Eliza Beth had shown her. Sia's smile faded as she realised just how confusing her life was getting. This, if it was true, was yet another piece to add to the jigsaw puzzle of long-lost relatives. Sia desperately wished for a family tree, but knew that no such thing was available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back