Carry a Change

Sophia Night

OOC First Name
Kathy
Wand
Carved 13 Inch Whippy Willow Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Sophia hadn't needed to ask anyone where she could find Diana Holland and, when she hadn't seen the other girl sitting at the Slytherin table, she had headed down towards the dungeons to try her luck outside the common room. It didn't seem the best option, really, as she thought it would involve a lot of waiting and relying on other people ... but it was still better than wandering obsessively around the castle's corridors, relying on a chance encounter.

Considering this, what were the chances that Sophia would run in to Diana as they both crossed through the Entrance Hall? Sophia was almost wasn't prepared for the meeting, but she managed to say, "Hello, Diana ... It's, nice to see you again." She had first met the girl a long time ago, before they'd even begun at Hogwarts, but here they didn't really seem to exist in the same circles outside of classes. "Um, I have a rose for you actually ... uh, just one second." Sophia usually tried to have the rose ready upon finding her recipient, but she hadn't prepared for finding Diana quite so soon. "Here you are," she said as she held the flower out towards the other girl.

Diana had been feeling uneasy about the talk with Rose after she had caught her talking to Jacob and saying mean things. She knew she had gone a bit far, but Rose had reacted too strongly. She just didn't get it, in Diana's opinion. Now it was Valentine's day, and Diana was trying her best to focus on that instead of the trouble she was in. She hadn't sent out any roses, but was still hoping to get some. So when she was approached by Sophia, she gave the girl a smile. She had noticed the roses the girl was carrying, and was hopeful. "Hi Sophia, are you having a good Valentine's day?" She asked her even though her eyes were already fixated on the roses. When the girl held it out to her, she grabbed it eagerly. "Thank you. Did you get any yet?"

Sophia watched as Diana took the rose from her, and she smiled at seeing the pleased look on the other girl's face at her delivery. This was what she enjoyed about doing this, Sophia was happy to reaffirm to herself. "I am," she replied, her smile widening. "Everyone's so happy today, and it's nice to be part of that—Oh!" Sophia rustled in her basket. "The note, too. Sorry, I'm so disorganised this time ..." She handed the note to Diana as well. "No, I haven't had any. But my sister might send one." She had last year, and Sophia had found it quite touching considering that Rory was generally one for actions and not words. After a slightly awkward pause, she continued, "How has your Valentine's Day been?" It would be rude not to ask Diana in return.
Diana

So glad we've been spending more time together. Happy valentine's day!

Winnie!

Diana had to resist the urge to roll her eyes at Sophia's sweet speech. Surely she had some other reason for wanting to deliver roses. Diana had done it last year and really hadn't enjoyed it. It was really hard for her to imagine anyone would actually like it that much. She waited impatiently for the note, smiling slightly as she heard the girl hadn't gotten a rose yet. Diana was a step ahead in that regard, it seemed. A rose from a sister didn't really count, anyway. "That's nice." Diana said as she unfolded the note. She quickly read it and folded it again. It was nice of Winnie to send her something, though Diana wasn't sorry for not sending her one in return. If she had thought Edmund would appreciate it, she would have sent one to him. But she had the feeling he wouldn't like such a gesture. "It's been good. But the dance tonight is the real highlight. Are you going with anyone?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back