OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
10 inch knotted rigid Ash with a Hippogryff feather core
Amaya was on her way up from the dungeons and on her way over to the Great Hall. It was early and she was cranky, wishing she could have slept in a bit more. But no, of course she couldn't, a couple of the girls in her dorm had been up all night giggling and it had driven her mad. She was so tired that she hardly noticed when she ran into another student until she was knocked back. "Ugh," She groaned, too tired to deal with this. "I am not in the mood for this." She complained, rubbing her sore head. "Sorry," She snapped, knowing it was her fault but too tired to be nice.

Even though Abian had only been here for a short while, he was forming opinions on the efficiency of having a school inside some old castle. The conclusion being that it really wasn’t very efficient at all. The tour by an older student had helped him a lot, but he still wasn’t sure where everything was. Every corridor looked the same, and since the people portraits wandered around and went into other portraits, they were terrible landmarks. But Abian was glad he knew where the entrance hall was, as it connected to the place where he could eat and the door the grounds outside. He was happily walking over to the Great Hall, imagining what things he might eat once he was at the Hufflepuff table, when a girl bumped into him quite hard. Abian stepped back, more in surprise than because of the force of the impact. “Uh, you okay?” He asked, unsure what to make of this girl. She seemed a little hostile, but she had said sorry. “It’s fine. Impatient to get to breakfast too?” He asked her with a small smile.

Amaya rubbed at her eyes, trying to wake up even just a little. "I'd be better if my room wasn't full of giggling girls who had any sense of decency and let others sleep." She grumbled. She sighed and looked at the boy. "But that's hardly your fault. Forgive me for being rude. I'm just tired and rather hungry, so yes, eager for breakfast." She attempted to give him a small grin. "My name is Amaya. What's yours?"

Abian smiled at the girl’s words. “Maybe there’s a magical way to block your ears or something. Or an anti-giggle spell.” He said, still hoping that magic could be the solution to absolutely everything he might run into. “Not much of that happening in my dormitory, though.” He added with a slight shrug. “No worries, anyone would be rude if they were tired or hungry, let alone both! Wanna sit together?” He asked her, grinning slightly. “You’re not in Hufflepuff, are you? Oh, and my name is Abian.”

Amaya wasn't surprised by the boy's optimism, but she did find it slightly useful. She wouldn't have thought of that. She resolved to look into it later, for the sake of her sanity. She offered a small smile when he said there wasn't much giggling in his dorm. "Wanna trade?" She asked jokingly. Boys were so much easier to deal with sometimes. He invited her to sit with him, and that reminded her she had forgotten her robes again. She shrugged. "I'll sit with you, Abian, if you can handle my crankiness." She told him. "I'm actually a Slytherin, but I doubt anyone will care."

Abian didn't think he would mind giggling roommates too much, but it was clear they were annoying Amaya. He shrugged at her suggestion of trade. "I am curious what Slytherin is like. It's kinda silly to sort us in houses like that, isn't it? Wouldn't it be more fun to have more varied people together?" He was still a little sad he wasn't in the same house as William or as Raf. "I think I can handle it. And I promise not to giggle." He said as they started to make their way into the hall. "I guess if we're breaking some sort of rule, they might as well come and tell us off right? Then we know." He gestured to the Hufflepuff table. "Do you want to sit there, then?" He asked. "That's the Hufflepuff one, by the way." He said, though he wouldn't mind if she would rather sit with the Slytherins either. Abian was just glad to have someone to hang out with during breakfast.

Amaya shrugged a bit. "I think they might as well be sorting us at random. Ambition, Bravery, Heart, Smarts, they're all traits everyone has to some degree. It seems silly to me to sort children based on that." She studied the two tables. "Hufflepuff would probably be better unless you don't mind the Slytherins glaring at you. A good majority of the ones I've seen are a bit full of themselves." She told Abian, already planning her breakfast. The less annoyed she became the more her hunger became prominent.

Amaya's take on sorting was interesting. So far, Abian had been fairly impressed by the entire process. A talking hat was so new and startling to him, that he would hardly question anything it said. But seeing the sorting in a more objective light wasn't bad. He nodded, thinking it over. "I guess everyone has at least some of those... though I guess it looks at what you have most? I guess you're very ambitious." He said with a small smile at her. "Is that actually accurate, you think?" He wasn't sure if he was all that suited for Hufflepuff. It was still a bit vague to him what his house's traits were, exactly. The hat had been singing about it, but honestly he hadn't paid too much attention to the lyrics. "Hufflepuff table it is." He said, leading her to the table.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back