Career Fair: 2045

Geo listened as the man explained how he would tame the Dragons so they wouldn't be so difficult to handle for their magical services. It made sense, but Geo still couldn't understand why you couldn't just make a smaller version of the animal, and just freeze it for a moment to get what you needed from them. The girl beside her seemed much more understand though, and offered up additional questions that Geo would never have considered. Geo wasn't sure if she'd seen her around the school much, and had begun to introduce herself to her when a voice over her shoulder caught her attention. She looked up to see a blonde, bashful woman standing beside her, who by the looks of it knew the man they were talking to. Geo frowned, she understood flirting when she saw it, but she could also understand there was a time and a place. "Do you mind?" Geo piped up, not really caring whether anyone around her thought badly of the Hufflepuff. The students were here to find out about their careers, and even if Geo didn't care so much for Dragons, there were clearly some who did. She looked between the blonde and the Dragon man, wondering if she was enjoying depriving them of the one day they had to ask questions for their future.

In the corner of her eye, Geo spotted a hooded figure bumping into everyone, and she peered a little in their direction in case it was something that was going to purposely cause trouble. Fortunately a boy seemed to speak to her, and realising she didn't need to be on guard she turned her attention back to the job at hand.

The size of the crowds were increasing, and Luewann adjusted the plants on his stall. Perhaps they weren't quite in the right position for anyone to see them from a distance. As he moved the Reindeer Moss he heard the sound of someone speaking, presumably to him given their question, and his eyes scoured around for the owner. They landed on a small child, who seemed keen to find out whether she could participate in the study of plants. While the man was shocked to see a child so young by herself, he didn't show it on his face and tried to remain focused that no one was ever too young to start thinking about what they wanted to do in the future. Luewann tried to consider her question, but the concept was slightly misleading and he wasn't sure whether he had understood her correctly. "Miss, could you elaborate on the conclusions of any vertical challenges?" He replied, coming round to the front of the stall as he spoke, so he could see her more clearly. "As far as I'm led to believe, plants, herbs, and other naturally or unnaturally produced leafy ingredients can be nurtured and prepared by anyone, provided they have the correct skill and time to dedicate to such a craft" He added, proud of his own work. Everything he'd brought with him were things he'd put together himself, from the Calamus seeds right through to the Ash Weed that was currently drying between two sheets of glass. "What is your current experience of the subject?" He enquired further, hoping he would have a snippet of wisdom to offer the child.

Not having the right height for this fair was a bit annoying. She just wished the stalls were a bit lower to the ground. At least the man behind the stall took his time to stand up and walk to the front of his stall. Lenore liked when people put up an effort to make a conversation work. When the man spoke about what kind of vertical challenges she meant, Lenore had to think. ''I mean some plants will probably be longer than I am, would that work?'' Lenore wasn't going to grow another meter anytime soon.

Lenore nodded when the man talked about that everyone could be a herbologist in later life. ''Thanks, that reassures me a lot'' Lenore smiled broadly. When the man asked about her current experience she had to think. She did have herbology for one year, but that wasn't much. ''I got a full year of herbology and I learned some stuff from my dad, but I document plant life outside.'' Lenore grabbed her sketchpad which had a lot of plants with description and a drawing next to it. She had made a lot of entries already, mostly from the more common plants.
bbdaf2e5d01bfb05bd2bc1990f2f7b5a--herbs-illustration-graphic-illustration.jpg
But then more discription with it.

Tristan felt some annoyance when an older boy joined him at the deputy minister's side. Why couldn't he just have a moment for himself while he figured out what to say? To make matters worse, he recognized the boy as the one who had won an incredible amount of points for Ravenclaw last year. If that was his competition of getting into the ministry, he had to work harder. The boy's question was very reasonable though, and Tristan wouldn't mind hearing the answer to it either.

But he turned his attention to the man in front of him once he responded to his question, smiling politely. "I'm sorry to bother you, sir, I know it probably took a lot of work to organize all this." He said, looking around. "Though, thank you for that. I went last year too and it's been very educational." He smiled up at the man in an easy and relaxed way, even though he did feel kind of nervous. "My name is Tristan Collins and I'm very interested in working for the ministry once I leave school, though I'm not entirely sure what department would suit me. Have you worked in different departments before becoming deputy Minister? Is there any advice you can give me?" He asked, glancing at Flavio too. He wasn't sure why, but he didn't like the boy much right now. He had another question to ask but didn't quite want to do it in front of him. If he wasn't mistaken, the boy spent time with that awful Rory Fergusson and probably hated muggleborns too. Though, if he was indeed friends with Rory he probably knew about Tristan already. With that in mind, he powered on. "I hope you don't mind the question, but I'm wondering in how much it matters what your blood status is for a job at the ministry? Does it matter?" He looked at the man closely, watching his expression.

For: Fawn Barrow

Bertie eyed the young girl distrustfully as she peered into his tank. He'd grown quite protective of his animals, and Muriel no less than any of those he'd left at home. "Yes, yes, very noble endeavour," he said, wondering what she could possibly mean about living in the Aoikigahara forest. Surely nobody lived there! "Though there are creatures all over the world to be studied and taken care of. Don't confine yourself to one place! Why settle for less than your absolute potential? Here - take a leaflet. Are you taking Care of Magical Creatures at school?" Bertie looked around, wondering whether anybody else might approach, or if they would all but one be distracted by Matthew's fancy side of the stall.

For: Samuel Phillips

Elt smiled patiently as the big man bent over the table to take a closer look at her, obviously admiring her lovely clothes. At first, she couldn't make sense of his remark; what on earth did she need to see a personal-whatsit for? Then, with a rising sense of horror and indignation, it dawned on the goblin that he was... insulting her! Insulting her and her clothes! What a horrible, horrible man. He clearly didn't know the first thing about fashion if he didn't think her clothes were the best around. Like a very small volcano, Elt erupted. "WELL, SIR, I THINK YOU NEED TO BE LESS MEAN AND MORE NICE! Just because you're big and I'm small, doesn't mean you get to be a bully. I could have said that you look like you got dressed in the dark! BY A TROLL! BUT I DIDN'T! BECAUSE IT'S NOT NICE! Do you get it, Sir? Hurting people's feelings ISN'T NICE." Elt thrust her chin up. "By the way, I look great." Then she flounced off, spotting Flavio in the crowd as she went. "Hi, Flavio!" she said cheerfully. "I like your suit, Mr. Matthias!" Bored, she skipped off to find some ice-cream.

Bituin was beginning to wonder how she might 'sell' her department to those students wondering around. She pursed her lips a little when she kept hearing people go up to the deputy minister telling him how they are interested in the ministry, obviously she thought they might be more interested in the fame of people a top person in the ministry rather than the work a department like the one she worked for did. She of course wouldn't say that outloud but it would come up in her head if she was asked to return the following year, she wasn't famous and didn't have any cool demonstrations or interesting bottles of things on her desk with her. She also was not an Obliviator, though she found them fascinating people to work with she couldn't ever imagine going into a person's mind and taking memories from them, or changes those memories. Wondering best how to get a student to come by and talk about her but she was pretty much blank on ideas. There wouldn't be much for her to show students, but she did pull out a few newspaper clippings of events her team had gone out on and placed them on the table.

It was a little early for Ameila to be thinking about her career but she couldn't pass up the opportunity to see her brother trying to act all responsible adult and advising her fellow students on their futures. She knew Matthew loved his job, as dangerous as it was and Amelia had always thought it was so cool that her brother worked with dragons but she just couldn't imagine him giving out career advice. Eventually, Amelia spotted her brother through the crowd and made her way over to him and was surprised to see that he was mid-conversation with two younger students and an older girl was also hanging around. Amelia sneaked behind the booth and stood as close to her brother as she could. Once she saw the blonde girl up close she had a good idea who it was. "psst, is that her, is that Amy?" She asked. Matthew had been talking about her nonstop since he had been to some wedding. It had been getting annoying, but it was still cute to see her brother acting like he was her age.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back