Care for some Coffee?

Ailith Bisognin

OOC First Name
Marijke
Wand
Knotted 12 1/2 Inch Sturdy Oak Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Ailith Bisognin let out a sigh of relief as she put on her coat and looked at everything she had done so far. She had finished most of the things on her list and decided she would call it a day for now. Closing the door behind her the young woman made her way down the stairs of the building she lived in. With some financial aid from her aunt and uncle back in Scotland Ailith had finally been able to purchase some extra furniture for the small apartment she was renting and had been busy putting everything together and in place for most of the day. It had been very tiresome doing it all by herself and the girl could admit in all honesty that she desperately needed some coffee, but seeing as she didn't have any at home she decided to walk to a nice little place with excellent coffee just a few streets away from her building.

Having her hands down in the pockets of her coat Ailith strolled down the street untill, after a couple of minutes, she had finally made it to the small coffee place. The nineteen year old opened the door and was greeted by the sound of a small bell ringing, untill the door was being shut again. Walking over to the counter she smiled at the two girls behind it and ordered a drink. She had been in the area for a while now and it was almost common for her to get a coffee every now and then, always doing so at the same place which caused her to get to know the employees a bit and they were all super friendly. Ailith happily took her coffee from the barista and made her way over to a table in the corner. Normally there would be quite a few people hanging around, but this particular day it wasn't very busy. For once though Ailith didn't really mind sitting there in silence, although having someone to talk to wouldn't be bad either.

Dan Wilde appeared inside the alley and dusted off his clothes and bag. Class had been dismissed for a few minutes when he found himself a dark corner behind the literature building and disparated. Dan walked out from the alley and onto the streets of New Zealand, with a few hours before his next class back in the states he took the opportunity to return home to relax. His first destination, as it always was, would be one of his favourite little coffee shops just down the street from the alley he appeared in. Dan shifted his bag a little to stop it knocking against his side as he weaved in between the people on the street shopping and talking.

The coffee shop on the corner was a small place but it made the best coffee this side of Wellington and by far superior to any of the numerous coffee stands back on campus. He pushed opened the door and was greeted by the sound of a bell which altered the staff to his arrival. He greeted the familiar barista with a smile and exchanged pleasantries as she prepared his drink. Dan took the coffee his hand and scanned the room, he saw a young woman sat in his usual corner table. Normally he could just sit anywhere but the girl was quite striking and perhaps there was a chance to meet someone new. Adjusting the strap of he bag and firming his grip on his coffee cup, the young man made his way over to the table. "Excuse me, this is going to sound insane but your at my usual table, with that in mind would you mind if I join you?" He asked, he would either come across as charming or as nuts, that seemed to be the consensus anyway.

Ailith took a sip of her coffee as she rested her gaze on the street. Being alone she would often take a seat close to any window and focus on what was happening outside rather than everything that was happening inside. For some reason things outside where more interesting. People outside didn't often notice a lot. Most of them were focussed, they were heading somewhere, they had a goal and they wouldn't be distracted from getting to that goal. It was an interesting thing to watch, as there were so many types of people roaming the streets.

The sound of an unfamiliar voice caused Ailith to focus back on the things that were happening inside of he little coffe place. Ailith turned around and found herself looking at a young man and it took her a few seconds to realise that he had been asking her a question. Repeating the words in her head another few seconds later she could finally answer him. "That does sound a bit strange, yes." She said shooting him a friendly smile whilst looking around the shop for a second. Almost every other booth seemed to be empty, but Ailith had to admit that she wouldn't mind having someone to talk to, even if it was a complete stranger. "But if it really is your usual table then why not." She shrugged and smiled as she motioned for him to get a seat. "So I reckon you come here often?"

sorry this is very late and very bad

A few moments seemed to pass between him speaking and the girl at the table acknowledging him. She seemed to be gazing out the window, Dan smiled as he saw her do that as he would often do the same thing when he sat at the very table the girl was sat at. It seemed like a strange coincidence he would meet someone at his usual table that liked to do the very thing he did. He smiled at her when she finally seemed to snap out of people watching and turned her attention to him. She commented that his request to sit at his usual table was a bit strange and she even looked around, no doubt she was seeing what the other tables were like. They were all empty, he had considered sitting at another table but seeing a beautiful woman sat at his regular table, the opportunity was too good to pass up.

Dan smiled as she motioned for him to take a seat, he took his place in the seat next to her. ""Yeah I guess it is a little strange, but yeah I do come here often, it's the best coffee in New Zealand, for that matter it's better than the coffee on campus too, I'm in the area a lot so I come in every chance I get," He smiled as he took a sip of his coffee. Despite intending to drink his coffee in the café he always had it prepared in a paper to go cup, he preferred the texture and how it felt in his hands. It was one of his strange preferences but he liked it. "I couldn't help but notice, but were you people watching by any chance, I do the same when I sit at this very table, I find it a good way to pass the time,"

OOCOut of Character:
No worries ^_^

Ailith smiled as the guy explained why he had in fact asked her if it was okay to join her. When he mentioned the coffee at the place they were at was better than the coffee on campus the young woman looked up to him. If he had been on a campus that would mean he was studying at probably som Muggle University which made Ailith wonder if she had a Muggle across from her or someone with magic in their blood. The coffee place wasn't in a wizarding neighbourhood after all, so it wasn't easy to recognize someone as a wizard or witch. Not that she cared a lot about if someone possessed magic or not, it was just something that made her wonder. "So I assume you're enrolled at a University? I mean because you said something about when you're on campus." Ailith started whilst stirring in her coffee. "Which makes me wonder which one it is, as you said you're also in the area a lot. I mean I'm not very familiar with this area yet, but I don't remember seeing a University somewhere nearby."

When the man asked her if she was watching people she smiled once again, before confirming he was indeed right. "Yeah, I was." She said, before he continued explaining it was something he always id when he came to the coffee place. "It is a good way to pass time, the people outside are always so focussed they don't seem to even notice someone watching them." Ailith laughed, realizing it sounded a bit strange when you put it like that. "I mean not in a weird way though, that would make me some sort of creep." The young woman stated before making sure he wouldn't see her as one. "And I'm not one ofcourse. A creep."

As the girl asked if he was indeed a University student after picking up on his use of the word campus and tried to figure out where he might attend given that there wasn't a near by campus. Dan had an inclin that this girl was a witch but if he was wrong and he told the girl he had just apparated in thenbthe conversation could get awkward fast. "Actually it's not a nearby University I go to, I actually go to Yale over in the U.S I'm here visiting family," While that was true on some level he left out that he would be popping back over in a few hours for another class.

He smiled at her as she told him that she had indeed been people watching and that it was a good way to pass the time. Dan agreed and it was one of the main reasons he did it himself, it was also a good creative exercise to make up stories in his head about the people he saw. On a number of occasions it had helped him with assignments he was behind on. "Don't worry I don't think your a creep, at least if you are then I'm one too," He smiled before taking a sip of his coffee.

Ailith nodded as the young man in front of her told her that he was enrolled at Yale, which wasn't exactly close to where they were right now, and that he was visiting family. Curious as she was to if she was sat across someone who was linked to the magical world just as she was she decided to ask a little further. "Yale? That's a pretty good school right?" Being from Bulgaria she had never known a lot about schools in other countries, let alone Muggle ones. "So if you're visiting you must have a break or something? Like no classes for a couple of days?" Feeling a bit stupid asking questions like that Ailith wasn't only interested in getting to know if the guy was a wizard or not, she was also genuinely interested in how things would be like at a Muggle university and how the system worked.Taking a sip of her coffee she smiled when he replied to her stating that she was most certainly not a creep. "Well I don't believe either of us could be a creep, in that way ofcourse." She chuckled as she glanced outside once more before turning back to the person in front of her. Putting down her empty cup in front of her she smiled once again and realized they had been talking for a couple of minutes now and she hadn't even introduced herself properly. "So now we have agreed on that perhaps it's time to have a proper introduction." Ailith smiled, putting her hand out in front of her, ready to shake his. "I'm Ailith."

oops :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back