Can't Sleep

Alyssa Chevalier

OOC First Name
Jessye
Wand
Willow Wand 13 1/4" Essence of Veela Hair
Alyssa sighed and kicked a small pebble with her designer boots as she walked down a path towards the Forbidden Forest. It was almost pitch black outside, but somehow Alyssa was able to see quite well. She was a little tempted to pull out her wand and use lumos as a precaution.

To best honest, Alyssa was unsure why she was outside at this time. She really should've been sleeping but couldn't seem to fall alseep.

So she figured a walk and some company might help her bcome just a little tired. But who's knows what kind of company would come and join her at this time of night....by the Forbidden Forest.

[I hope you don't mind if I join your thread. It's been a while since I used Ferra, and I simply could not let pass a little girl alone in the forest at night. :shifty: ]

All was silent and quiet in the Forbidden Forest, save for the scattered hoots and squeaks of waking nocturnal creatures. The night sky was showered with stars, and the moon shedding its sun-reflected light down to illuminate a small fraction of the existing darkness. Centaurs were not nocturnal, but they made it a habit to wander their lands as if on guard of any intruders. Having been born a female, Ferra was always left behind with the other women, children and elderly. The forest was not safe for nighttime gallivanting, she was told. Yet of course, Ferra was a disobedient one.
As the males set off for the usual patrol, always careful to keep away from the area closest to the magic school, Ferra pretended to sleep. When the pounding of their hooves on the earth grew distant, she arose silently, stealing away from campgrounds and then bounding off toward her favorite spot; the only clearing in the forest. The best thing about the location of her spot was that it was near the magic school, so she was never caught by the patrol.
When Ferra finally made it to the clearing, slowing to an easy pace, she allowed herself to fall into a comfortable kneeling position in the damp grass, dropping her bow and arrow carelessly to the ground. It was a moment too late when Ferra gazed around and noticed for the first time a human child, walking aimlessly it seemed, before her. Springing onto her hooves, Ferra quickly swiped up her weapon and aimed an arrow at the child.
"What is your business here?" Her harsh voice broke the night silence, cutting through a cricket's song and silencing a watching owl. "Answer me human!"

Aeon was sitting in his dorm, staring at the ceiling with a bored expression on his face. He looked over to his side to see his roommates fast asleep and frowned. He thought he must have been the only one awake. Aeon kicked the covers off of him and went over to the window. He could see the whole school grounds, It was pretty cool during the night. He let his eyes wander over to the Forbidden Forest, The last time he was there he was in a fight with two girls. Obviously they wouldn't be there now and he wanted to test his courage. Aeon quickly put on some shoes, took his wand and quietly crept out of the castle and down to the forest. He walked around, gazing up at all the trees, hearing the hooting of owls and the rustling of leaves. Then Aeon heard a voice, He wandered curiously over to it and saw a centaur, A real centaur..aiming an arrow at another student, Not much older than him, Probably in her second year. Aeon took his wand from his pocket and held it up infront of him.
"Leave her alone!" He shouted at the centaur.

//Sure go ahead and join :cool: //

Alyssa stared into the forest with little intrest as she walked foward. Alyssa never really viewed this forest as dangerous. Nor did she really care that it was supposed to be off limits. She carelessly flipped some of her blonde hair over her shoulder and kept her slowly pace.
She was about to wander further into the forest when she heard a loud stomp like a horse hooves and turned roughly to see what the noise was.

Standing right in front of her was a real life Centaur! However this one seemed far from friendly as it was point an arrow at her. Alyssa gasped in shock when it demanded to know what her buisness was here.

Taking a sudden step back Alyssa tripped over and branch and fell back with a loud thud. She was about to scream for help when suddenly a boy ran in front of her with his wand in hand. When he demanded the Centaur leave her alone she blinked before she remembered that this kid looked younger then her, and more likely to make it angrier.

"HEY!" She grabbed ahold of his robes and pulled him back a bit. "What are you doing?" She asked him.

Aeon turned his head to the girl behind him when she pulled on his robes. "I'm saving you, What does it look like?" He said with a grin before turning his wand back to the Centaur.

Ferra's nostrils flared angrily when another human child seemingly sprang from the bushes and aimed one of those magic sticks she'd heard of directly at her, and not to mention yelled at her. "How dare you!" she yelled back at the child, kicking up on her hind legs angrily. "You dare to enter my home and raise your voice at me?!" Ferra was furious with the child's behavior. All she had done was ask the other human child a question! Yes, she had raise arms against it, but that was only by instinct; these humans who attended the magic school were dangerous.
However when she witnessed the first child take the second aside and question its actions, Ferra cocked her head to the side in both amusement and curiosity. So some of this kind can be civil, eh? As the second child answered the other's question, Ferra could not help but laugh. "Save it?" she repeated, bewildered. "Do not insult me, human. Centaurs are noble creatures, who would never attack another creature unless by defense or provocation. I pull out my bow just as you pull out your stick thing; in defense. So do not affront my behavioral instincts." Ferra decided the first child opposed no threat to her, and so she tightened her bow at the other, her evident enmity for it expressed clearly through her glare.

Thearus had been walking deeper within the forest when he heard shouting.
Why must students be so attracted to our bloody home.. He made his way along to the shouting and he saw another centaur, and not a bad looking one at that. He then looked to a child with the raised wand and let his hand fall over the hilt of his long sword.

He looked between the ground the asked in his mystic commanding voice, "What may I ask is going on here?" he eyed the wand carefully. If the boy moved against them, it would be his last moment of life.

Aeon heard another creature approaching and tjrned his head to see yet another centaur, male this time. Oh bugger, Two of them. He thought, clearing his throat. "This centaur was threatening this girl with her bow." He said to the male centaur, pointing to Alyssa. "I just came to help her." He continued, looking at his hand go to the hilt of his sword.

"Do you not trust the nobility of a centaur" he asked, his voice Just keeping even. He watched the boy and almost felt like letting go of the hilt but he did no such thing.

((Sorry it took so long to reply, Was out for a while))
Aeon stared at him for a moment or two, This WAS their land, Well, Maybe not all of it but still.
He lowered his wand and put it away in his pocket. He turned his head back to the female centaur and pointed at her bow. "Please put that away, You really don't need it." He said, before turning back to the male centaur. "Sorry, I'm not quite sure, I've never met one before, until now." He said with a slight frown

(( no problem ))

Thearus saw the boy stash his wand away and moved his own hand away, thankful that he would not have to use it.
and as he said he had never met a centaur before he chuckled,
"No, I suppose not...well then I shall tell you" he paused a moemnt to amke sure the boy was listening and then said,
"Honour is all, along with nobility...if our wrath should fall apon someone then it is in self defence or that person justly deserves it.."

Aeon listened to him with interest. "Is there anyone who has felt your uhm..wrath fall upon them?" He said awkwardly, Though happy that the centaur didn't seem so threatening. He was interested in meeting magical creatures. He had already met a mermaid, and they were nice, abit on the flirty side though.

Thearus, moved moved his hoof agaisnt the ground. He reallly didnt like this question but he supposed the child msut be answered. "Aye, unfortunately..." he looked at the boy carefully wondering what he was thinking.

Aeon stared at him in shock "Any students?" He asked, hoping they hadn't had to harm any.
((Lol, See you ))

While the boy and the male Centaur that had come moments before were conversing Alyssa picked herself up from the ground and dusted off her unifrom. She was a rad bit embarassed that a boy younger then her almost had to save her, luckily Centaur's usually kept their ground unless the human meant actual harm to them.

"Well at least they didn't kill us." Alyssa spoke out loudly as she stepped towards the male centaur and the boy.

Ferra was surprised when an unfamiliar looking centaur charged into the clearing and resolved the situation with the humans. Who was this centaur? And which tribe did he belong to? When the human boy asked Ferra to lower her bow, she unconsciously did so and continued to stared perplexedly at other centaur.
"Who are you?" she asked, not meaning to disrupt the conversation he was already in with the human, but still eager to know.

Thearus Looked over to the other centaur who he had almost forgotten and gave her a light bow and after she asked who she was he replied in his usual tone,
"I..am Thearus Forthiem..." He knew she expected him to say what tribe he was from but he didn't want her to know he didn't belong to one....not anymore....
"And who, if I might ask, would you be?" his voice rippled abit before he regained himself

He looked to the child and paused a moment before replying to his previous question. "Not of late..."
Thearus then went back to looking at the other centaur.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back