Can't Believe You Came

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amzurah Archer

OOC First Name
Linda
Wand
Birch Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Dragonstone
Amzurah made her way from her seat the moment the last student had accepted the scroll from the headmistress and all of them cheered and clapped for one another. They had done it, they were now official graduates of Hogwarts. She saw her mother instantly and went to her, both women enveloped one another in a warm hug. They looked very similar to one another, except Zura constantly cut her hair up short. In fact she did so every single night and put a charm on it to keep it short otherwise it would simply grow out as long as her mothers in a matter of minutes. The trials and tribulations of being a witch she had always mused. It was when herself and her mother were chatting enthusiastically and her mother began to unroll her scroll that Amzurah glanced up and saw him. Her heart hammered loudly in her chest and her insides felt as if they were on fire. He was possibly more handsome now than when she had last seen him.

A smile spread across her face instantly.
"Mom I'll be right back" her mother merely nodded as she read through the scroll with evident pride before getting caught by one of the professors in a warm greeting.
Amzurah made her way across to Bas, unable to prevent the distinct swell of shyness that engulfed her. With hands behind her back, index fingers locked with one another she smiled up at him.
"Hi you, thanks for coming" before she could stop herself she reached over and hugged him, he was after all a friend and friends did hug one another. No matter that she didn't feel any way platonic when she wrapped her arms about him. Releasing him took a few seconds but she figured she had better do so.
"Speeches were short and to the point at least" she grinned wishing she wasn't wearing a dress but something more comfortable so she could at least feel like herself about him, instead of feeling suddenly as if they were on a formal date.

Sebastian rose out of his seat slowly as the ceremony ended. It had been relatively short, far shorter than he had anticipated and for that the recent grad was glad. The speeches had been short and the headgirl hadn't even spoken, which was surprising. As he stood to his full height, Bas's eyes followed Amzurah as she nearly ran over to a woman. His eyes widened as he quickly realized that the woman was her mother. There was no doubt about it. The two women looked remarkably alike and from this distance he could see that as they hugged, they even held onto each other the same. A grin crossed his face, happy that someone from her family had been able to make it after all. As he bent down to pick up the small package he'd placed under his seat a thought quickly flitted into Sebastian's head. If that's her mother, Zura is going to be hot even when she's older. He quickly frowned, wondering where that had come from. He so wasn't go to go there, not with Amzurah. She was his friend, plain and simple.

Standing up straight, his eyes went anywhere other than the area where Zura and her mother were. He halfheartedly looked for Kathryn. Families were rushing here and there as they met up with their graduates and he finally spotted her with a rather large group that if he wasn't mistaken contained James Potter. He didn't follow quidditch but one didn't need to in order to know who that guy was. Just as he was about to begin walking somewhere so that he didn't appear lost, Sebastian heard a voice that quickly brought a smile to his face. Before he could return her greeting, he was in the middle of a hug, one he returned with a soft pat on her back. "Congratulations and nice to see you too" he said while in the middle of the hug. It felt good.

"You sure you aren't contagious?" he asked with a grin on his face that Amzurah couldn't see as they let go of each other. She had promised him she wasn't after all. Now that they were standing so close, Sebastian couldn't help but take a glance at what she was wearing again. He cleared his throat and then looked back towards where the woman Amzurah had left was standing in conversation with another adult. "So, I guess your mom did make it after all?"

She laughed as if the ice had broken and any awkwardness that they might have initially felt seemed to melt away. Playfully she slapped his arm.
"Well if I am contagious still, I'm going to have to quarantine you" she couldn't help but grin at him, he was the one that was contagious. Her smile seemed to be utterly dazzling and her whole demeanour had lit up on seeing him alone, she was afraid in case she would get lock jaw if she didn't stop smiling but still she continued. Her heart was bursting to overflowing and could not remember the last time she had been this happy. As he mentioned her mother she turned then to stand beside him, regarding the beautiful woman who was still stuck in conversation with two of the professors. Zura beamed, she loved her mother dearly and she was possibly the best role model a girl could have but sometimes the woman's beauty made her feel like an ugly duckling in comparison.

"Yeah she came, my aunt couldn't but at least Mom did. I wasn't even expecting so it was a great surprise" she glanced up at him a moment, "Would you like to meet her? I'm sure she's having a brilliant time discussing how amazing her daughter is but it's probably time to rescue the professors now. My mom is one of those parents that love to wax on about their childrens credentials, even if they aren't warranted."

The impulse to take his hand as they walked over was strong but she managed to restrain the impulse by putting her hands instead into the small pockets in the side folds of her dress. It was as she did this that she felt the small box within and stopped again. Turning to face him she grew a little bashful as she took the small black box out and handed it to him.
"It's just something small" she told him,"a belated graduation gift" before he had time to open it she hurriedly did so herself. Mortification that she had done something so personal fueling her movements.
"It's a pletrum, it's got a guitar on the front and .. well an inscription on the back but .. well it's not just for you to wear, it's real. I mean you can use it to play your guitar with... " she ran out of things to say and pushed it into his hands with a lopsided grin before standing on her toes and kissing his cheek lightly. Her lips hovered by his cheek after the kiss for a fraction of a second as if she could not believe she was being so forward with him. Embarrassed that she may have caused him embarrassment, she stuffed her hands into the pockets of her dress watching his reaction to the small gift.

Sebastian couldn't help but chuckle when she slapped his arm. As Amzurah stood beside him and looked over to her mother, he couldn't help but feel her happiness seeping into him. He thought he was happy when he had graduated the other day, but her contentment and joy was on a whole other level. Sebastian never once thought it had anything to do with him per se. The fact that she had more than one guest appear and that she was now officially done with school were more likely culprits in his mind. When she asked whether he wanted to meet her mother, Sebastian was all set to turn down the offer but then realized he didn't want to. It was Amzurah's day after all and if that was all she was asking of him, he couldn't refuse. He shrugged and nodded. "Eh..let her have her moment. She's proud" he smiled.

As he turned his green eyes back to her, Sebastian's eyes bugged out. She was holding out a box to him and as she spoke he felt his hand sneak to his ear. He could feel the blush rushing to his cheeks as she explained and showed him the gift. It was amazing and as he took it into his hand, he glanced at the words written. He was about to say something but froze when she kissed him. If his cheeks weren't burning before, they certainly were now. "Oh...wow. You shouldn't have. I don't know what to say. This is...the coolest gift I've ever gotten Zura"he murmured into her ear. His eyes had dropped to the gift and he fingered it, knowing that he was going to be trying it as soon as he got a hand on his guitar. No one had ever given him a gift this thoughtful before and Sebastian didn't quite know how to react.

He smiled shyly as he prepared to hand over her gift. "I've got something for you...two somethings actually" he began, clearing his throat again. He pulled out a small envelope and then handed the bag over to her. "These are all of your albums" he began, making it clear that there was something more to come. The box seemed small but it was one of those ones that were enchanted to hold a large amount of items. Then he held out the envelope to her. "It's not much" he warned. Inside, he had placed two tickets to a muggle music festival. As she opened it, Sebastian spoke. "I know you have to work this summer, but I was hoping you'd be able to take a day off and, uh, come with me to this muggle rock festival. You know, since I never got around to sending you any music" he scratched the back of his neck, nervously awaiting her response and hoping she'd like the gift.

His reaction was so much more than she had thought it would be, she was sure that his ex-girlfriend would have brought him tons of amazing gifts in the time they were together but hearing him infuse about how wonderful the silver pletrum was, made her heart practically sing in her chest. As they let her mother have her special proud moment she continued to watch him, noticing that he tugged on his ear a lot and wondered if this was a nervous tick of his. She found it adorable.

"For me?" she frowned slightly, honestly not expecting it at all and when he returned her fathers albums she could have kissed him. She nearly did in fact but just managed to refrain from it, though a quick glance away let her see others wrapped in each others arms and kissing. Blushing lightly she thanked him for their safe return, hugging them to her chest and beaming up at him.
"I did trust you, really I did. I've just missed having that part of my father around... you know, his fav music" she grinned again, knowing he had an envelope in his other hand. She took it when he offered it to her and looked up at him questioningly. As soon as he mentioned a rock festival her eyes widened. A muggle festival at that, she had never been but had heard so much about them. With a flick of her hand she let her fathers albums hover in the air as she rocketed herself at him. Not caring how others might react to the delighted squeal that emitted from her.
"Bas!!" she beamed her arms about his neck as her hug threatened to squeeze the life out of him, slowly she released him and still her face beamed with so much excitement up at him.
"I love it, of course I'd love to go with you" she glanced from the envelope to him. A whole day spent with him listening to his type of music. She thought someone had shot her with a bolt of avada kadavra and sent her to the heavens.
"I can easily get time off of work. Who'll be playing, any one decent? You'll have to help me decide what to wear, I don't want to embarrass you by showing up in something strange."
She bit her lip gazing starry eyed up at him, this was the most amazing day of her life.
Reaching back she took the albums from the air again and held them with the envelope to her chest, keeping them close.

"Where will it be?" she knew it was all going to be on the tickets but she wanted to hear it straight from the horses mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back