Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Gay
Wand
Curved 14 Inch Swishy Ebony Wand with Augurey Tail Feather Core
Finn always had more fun at school dances when he had a date, and he was looking forward to tonight immensely. He had always thought Sawyer was cute, and after their flirtation in the locker room it had been easy to track down the younger boy and ask him to the ball. He felt fancy and a little daring in the fancy shirt and leather pants he had picked out for the date, unable to help a small chuckle when he saw Sawyer all done up in a formal suit. "We've gone for different dress codes, I see." He said with an amused smile, running a hand through his hair before offering the Keeper his elbow. "Shall we dance, though?"

Sawyer wasn't totally sure if trying to date someone on his team was a good idea, but looking at Finn he wasn't sure he actually minded. This whole flirting thing they'd had going on this semester was fun in a way Sawyer hadn't really managed with anyone else before; it felt light and easy in a way things with other people he'd liked had seemed so much more complicated. It must have been something about Finn, cause Sawyer knew he couldn't be that smooth on his own to land a date like this. "Yeah, sorry, left my leather pant at home," Sawyer said sheepishly in response to Finn, trying not to trip over the word "leather pants" as he glanced at Finn's, feeling decidedly in over his head. He took Finn's offered arm, letting them head out to the dance floor and trying not to let his head run away with his mouth too early in the night. "Sure, I'll warn you though, my dance moves probably put your flying to shame in terms of grace," he said with a grin.

Finn chuckled lightly at Sawyer's comment about his outfit, shaking his head. "The formal look suits you." He said warmly. "It's a nice suit." He couldn't keep the smile off his face as he headed to the dance floor with the younger boy, looping his arms easily around Sawyer's neck once they got there. "Oh don't worry, I'm as graceful on my feet as I am in the air." He grinned, starting to sway loosely side to side, hoping it felt and looked something like dancing. "See?"

Getting Finn to laugh almost beat out the little thrill that came from the compliment and Sawyer resisted the urge to fuss with his tie. Just barely. "Good, uh. Glad you like it. I don't wear a tie for just anyone. Except every day. For my uniform. But this is a special tie, so," Sawyer trailed off with a twirl of his hand, grateful he'd managed to stop talking before the tangent got any stupider. "Oh, perfect. We can match," he said. proud his voice only cracks a bit as Finn looped his arms around his neck. Sawyer hesitated a moment before resting his hands on Finn's hips, vaguely aware of his pinky now being dangerously close to the hem of Finn's shirt. And the leather pants.

"So uh. Just to clarify but is this like. A date? Or something?" Sawyer asked after a few minutes of swaying and shuffling. It wasn't graceful, but Sawyer was enjoying it, especially having Finn this close, even if he was sure Finn could probably feel his heart beating in his chest. He'd been enjoying this weird little flirtation he had with Finn, but he couldn't tell if that's all it was. Finn had asked him to the ball after all, so it had to mean something.

Finn laughed lightly at Sawyer's rambling about the tie, giving him a gentle smile. "Well, I'm glad I warranted a special tie." He teased, endeared by the younger boy's nerves. Finn had never really felt nervous on a date, but he could understand the feeling and wanted to do the best he could to set the other boy at ease. He definitely felt a bit silly just rocking side to side, like he should have a better idea of how to dance, but at least this was something they could hopefully manage without knocking each other over entirely. He was distracted from trying not to step on Sawyer's toes when the younger boy spoke, looking up at him in surprise. "Well, I was hoping it was." Finn smiled, raising one eyebrow. "Hence all the asking you to the ball and dressing up and asking you to dance. Not..." He paused, reconsidering the next thing he had been going to say. "Well, not something I do with my platonic friends often..."

"Special night, special tie," Sawyer said inanely, glad when they had the distraction of dancing so Sawyer could avoid saying any more stupid sh*t. He tried to keep his hands still on Finn's waist as they swayed, knowing it would be just his lucky to fidget and accidentally make Finn punch him in the face or something. He was sure Felix would find the idea hilarious though, which helped Sawyer stay still if only out of spite.

He let out a huff of amusement at Finn's explanation, shaking his head sheepishly, though he had to admit his nerves were soothed by the clarification even if he felt a bit silly for needing to ask. "Some people are very close with their friends, you never know these days," he said lightly. "But uh I guess I meant like. Is this something we could keep doing? Later? Like maybe you wanna hang out over the holidays or something?" Sawyer offered, letting his eyes drop down to the column of Finn's throat out of a need to hide, though it mostly succeeded in getting Sawyer more distracted and he awkwardly glanced back up at Finn's face instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back