Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Asaiah
Wand
Curly 9 Inch Flexible Willow Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
</FONT></COLOR></SIZE>
Freya had to admit that she had been sceptical about Halloween in her first year at Hogwarts. She had never really done anything for Halloween back at home and she had always thought of it to be a bit strange. However last year turned out to be fun and with her new mindset of loosing up a bit the twelve year old was more than excited for the Halloween Feast this time. Looking down at her costume she couldn't help but smile. It wasn't the prettiest costume and it most certainly wasn't the best, but it was soft and cosy and she loved it. And it had a cape, which is a big plus, because who wouldn't like having a cape? Other than that she was also sure of the fact that she'd be far more comfortable in this costume than she would be in a costume that would consist of a dress.

The Great Hall had once again been decorated absolutely fantasically and Freya couldn't help but just hold her step and look at all the decorations for a little while, before she made her way further into the hall. There was one thing she had been looking forward to almost as much as the actual party and that had to be the candy. The second year could remember her reaction to all the candy. It had to be the biggest amount of candy she had ever seen in one particular place and she had been completely mesmerized by it. Whilst happily making her way over to where the candy was Freya flipped on the hood off her costume to finish her look. Once she had reached the table there was only one thing left for the blonde to do: choose what kind of candy she would try first.​
<SIZE size="50"><COLOR color="#000"><FONT font="Verdana">

Halloween was always a fun holiday for Xavier. That year in particular Xavier was more excited than ever to celebrate halloween because his costume was not only colourful, but muggle inspired and a diamond in the rough in every respect when he found it after searching for hours in a second hand clothing store. The colours were what stood out to him in the beginning, but after purchasing it and spending a few days researching what comics the costume was from, he realized he loved it even more. Despite being a costume for children, the robin costume fit Xavier perfectly and only made him want to celebrate more. He could hardly wait to wear the costume in the few weeks leading up to the Halloween feast and when it was finally time he had to spend the entire day running around to keep his excited energy from overflowing.

His efforts worked for the most part, but that didn't stop Xavier from running around the hall, making whooshing sounds with his mouth as if he were flying and flipping his cape dramatically whenever he got the chance. Eventually his pretend flying lead him to the snacks table where he finally halted his steps and pulled the mask on his face down to his neck as he searched for the bowl of gummy worms. When he found it he greedily dug his hands in and stuffed a few in his mouth, only stopping when he saw another familiar superhero costume from the corner of his eye and exclaimed "Hey, it's wonder woman!", not realizing that he crossed paths with the girl inside the costume once before in the midst of his excitement.

It took a couple of minutes before Freya had finally decided on which type of candy she was going to eat first. Not that it mattered all that much because she was sure that before the night was over she'd have tried every single type of candy there was, but she felt like she had to make a smart decision about it. What if she hated the first candy she tasted? Perhaps she wouldn't be as eager to try all of he other types after that, so she needed to make sure that she liked the first thing she'd grab. The point was that there was just so much. She didn't know all of it, her mom being a very anti-sugar person, but she did remember a few things from the year before.

Freya happily grabbed a hand of something that seemed to be something like fudge, even though she couldn't be sure of that because wizards seemed to be interestingly good at making things seem like something they're not, and started stuffing her mouth. This stuff was good. Never actually having eaten a lot of candy the thirteen year old was rather curious about what would happen to her after eating as much as she planned to. Would she get a stomach ache? Would she get a huge energy boost and start bouncing around the great hall? Perhaps she would even explode!

Shrugging as she put another piece of candy into her mouth Freya turned her head after hearing someone calling at her. Or at least she figured it would be at her, because the voice seemed to be close and she hadn't seen another wonder woman yet. Now completely turning around towards the boy the second year Hufflepuff smiled, before striking a pose and putting her one fist on her side whilst she put the other one into the air. "Hey, I know you!" She exclaimed as she put her arm down again. At first she only meant that she recognized the costume the boy was wearing, but after a couple of seconds she realized that she had also met the boy before, if she wasn't mistaking. That wasn't the most important thing right now, however. Thinking as hard as she could Freya knew the boy's costume came from a comic book character as well, but it took her a few seconds to realize who it was he was dressed up as. "You're Robin!"​
<i>
</i>

As the girl realized who Xavier was dressed as, he smiled, nodding to confirm she was right before he withdrew his hands from the bowl of gummy worms to make his own dramatic pose. He stared off to the left and held both hands on his hips as he pictured how he looked in his mind, standing on top of a skyscraper in his home town with his posture straight and his cape flying gracefully in the wind. Unfortunately there was no wind in the great hall not a skyscraper for him to stand on that night but he hoped his pose looked valiant all the same. When he returned to standing normally he said "So, Robin the boy wonder meets wonder woman." in what he hoped was a confident sounding voice. Truthfully he did not know much about wonder woman as a character and only the character's name, secret identity and the way their costume looked but he was glad he knew enough to recognize it.

Xavier was yet to realize he had seen the girl wearing the costume before and continued acting playfully in his costume with complete ignorance. "What do superheros do when they cross paths?" He asked her, somewhat joking but also curious because what he read in the comics he used to study unfortunately never brushed on that subject. Ideally Xavier just wanted to continue eating from the massive bowl of gummy worms and talk to the 'wonder woman' in the hopes of making a new friend. But if there was a certain way he was supposed to act, or a pretense to upkeep while dressed as Robin he was ready to do that whole heartedly. Dressing up was the best thing about Halloween, second only to eating bucket loads of candy and playing the character he was dressed as accurately was important to Xavier.

Freya chuckled as the boy did his own little pose once she had recognized his costume. She wasn't sure if she'd run in to other people dressed as super heroes, but now she did she figured it could actually be rather fun. During the boy's pose the thirteen year old started thinking about how she should've searched for a spell or something that could make her cape look like it would when she would be flying, without actually requiring her flying. She wasn't sure if she there even was a spell for that and if there was if she could cast it, but she could have asked someone else, someone older and more experienced than she was.

"Well, Robin the boy wonder, it's an honor to meet you." Freya laughed. She wasn't an expert on comic books, but she liked reading them as a kid and she remembered a couple of things. Enough to know who Robin was and where he came from. "I guess they stop crime together, two can do more than one right?" The second year smiled, before putting a few more pieces of candy in her mouth and looking around for a second. "Or they just chill, but in like a very cool way 'cause they're superheroes after all." She chuckled at the boy's question. She hadn't really ever thought about what it would be like when superheroes would meet, but she figured that whatever they did they did it with style. Superhero style. "So what do you think?" She asked the boy whilst letting her eyes scan the hall and all the people inside of it. "Any crimes to solve here?"​
<i>
</i>

Xavier nodded to the wonder woman's words, agreeing with them because working in a team was always better than being alone. He continued to listen to her speak while trying to make a plan of what crimes there were in the hall in his mind so they could solve them together. Unfortunately as he scanned the hall around him all he saw was other students having fun which certainly wasn't a crime. He shrugged when she asked if there were any crimes to solve in the hall before saying "Looks crime free to me!" confidently though he was annoyed they could not keep up their superhero facade so easily without any crimes to solve.

Luckily a light bulb turned on in Xavier's head as he looked back to the bowl of gummy worms. "Wait. I may be mistaken. There is a crime here." He said, pursing his lips. "The crime is that we're not eating enough candy! It's the super food for superheros!" Exclaiming as such, Xavier dug his greedy hands back into the bowl of gummy worms, picking out two oversized handfuls of the treats and shoving one of the handfuls in his mouth all at once. He offered some of the gummy worms he was holding in his other hand to the girl. "Want some?" He asked as he scanned her face for a reaction, finally realizing that he recognized more than just the theme of her costume, but her face as well. He met the girl on one of his adventures along the lakefront and knew her from some of his classes and even from his common room. "Wait. We're in the same year, and the same house!" He said as a wide, toothy grin appeared on his features. Why the realization did not hit Xavier earlier was beyond him but he readily blamed it on the sugar in his system. Regardless of that fact he shoved a few extra gummy worms in his mouth as he continued to offer some of the candy to the girl.

Freya chuckled at the boy exclaiming that the whole place seemed crime free, before nodding in agreement. Of course there wouldn't be any bad things happening, it was Halloween after all and Halloween at Hogwarts most of the time just meant having a whole lot of fun. The only crimes that could be commited would be if anyone came to the feast without dressing up. That would be a crime against Halloween.

Already having thoughts about what to eat next Freya smiled when the boy noted that there was in fact a crime going on. "Well I did promise myself I would try all of the candy!" She exclaimed before taking the gummy worms from him and putting a couple of them in her mouth. Two sorts of candy down, a whole lot more to go. Whilst happily shoving a couple more gummy worms in her mouth the second year almost started bouncing once the boy seemed to recognize her. She was glad that she hadn't been mistaken by thinking she had seen the boy before. Well of course she would've seen him before because they were in the same house, but she had been fairly sure of the fact that she had sort of met him before as well, although not properly. "I figured I recognized you!" Freya smiled, before looking around as if she was hiding something. "I'm Freya. Or actually that's my secret identity so you can't tell anybody else because then it won't be secret anymore!"​
<i>
</i>

Xavier continued to smile wide as the girl accepted his offered gummy worms. He agreed with wanting to try all the candy because eating too much candy and feeling the effects of the excessive amount of sugar in his body the next day was the best part about the spooky holiday. If Xavier could choose one way to celebrate Halloween every year it would definitely be with candy. Costumes were amazing and all but candy was a whole new level of amazing that everyone could enjoy. When the girl also recognized him, Xavier's expression brightened even further. He clearly wasn't mistaken in thinking he had seen the girl around too many times for him to count. He smiled as the girl looked around before introducing herself as Freya and stating that her name was her secret identity. "Freya's a nice name." He said before looking around his shoulders secretively to also make it seem like he had a secret identity to hide. "My name's Xavier." He said after leaning in towards Freya and whispering like his name was indeed a secret. When he lent back he stuffed the rest of the gummy worms he was holding into his mouth and smiled warmly at her. This was turning out to be a very fun and memorable Halloween and the hufflepuff was glad to have met someone new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back