Can You Keep a Secret?

Nicolas Hensel

OOC First Name
Jessye
Wand
Redwood Wand 13" Essence Acromantula Web
Nicolas didn't like New Zealand as much as he liked it when he was in Russia, the people living here he found far too abnormal for his liking, and he was already tired of searching for his sister. He had been at it for a few months already and no one seemed to know who she was or where she was right now, and he was getting extremely frustrated of getting no further in his search than he was the day he came here. 'At least I have a general idea of where she is.' He thought to himself almost darkly as he shifted past someone roughly and continued on his way down the street without any apologies to the person he had bumped into because he didn't feel like they really deserved an apology for getting in his way. Nicolas wasn't usually such a harsh person but after months of searching and searching he was just tired of trying to be polite and expecting everything to work out the way he wanted it in the end.

After some time of walking, Nicolas stepped himself for a moment as he let his golden eyes peer carefully around him for anything that could help him navigate further, something was telling him that he was getting closer and closer to finding something about his sister but he just wasn't sure yet. Just before he was about to turn the other way and see if he could see anything there he felt something bump into his leg and looked down. "What the..." He said softly when he noticed it was a very small child, pretty much still baby looking up at him coldly, he even looked like he was having a little issue just standing up by himself for so long. Having had children of his own, he had a bit of a soft spot for them and as much as he wanted to just walk and leave the small child on his own he couldn't. "Hey there.." He muttered softly as he reached down and picked the small boy up, the least he could do was try to find the babies parents instead of just ignoring him. However the moment the small baby was lifted up and held by Nicolas, he began to cry slightly, whine, and struggle against him as if the boy thought he was going to be harmed by his or something. Nicolas continued to hold him and try to keep him still despite his cries and sharp movements, especially when his gaze caught onto those golden eyes that were filling up with tears. 'Those eyes!' The only people he knew to have that eye color was the Hensel's and their descendants so why on earth did this child have them too?

Wherever Damian had run off to worried Kalif a bit, and irritated him also. He had stopped subbing for Potions, and was taking care of Herbology only. Even if he was suited for Potions, Herbology was his forte. He was too used to it now. Kalif rolled his eyes and he uttered, "I swear, I will tear that kid apart if he runs off too far." Kalif was relieved to see Nicolas was following him too. Things were not as hectic as they appeared but he was still worried. Somewhat. And the seconds that passed just made him even more agitated. If something happened to that kid, he would end up getting Nicolette for assisting in losing track of Damianos. Turn your back on a kid for one second, and they run off wildly. But, it was Damianos' screams that made Kalif turn around and head toward the other direction, Nicolas following close behind.

A strange man was holding Damianos and he appeared to be young. But looks can be deceiving. Kalif narrowed his eyes and he stated icily, "Who the hell are you and why are you making my kid scream like that?" Kalif added, "Cursed kid runs off every chance he gets, and winds up in the arms of a stranger." But it was the man's eyes that struck Kalif. Immediately, he knew. This woman was in relation to his wife. But how close had yet to be determined. Kalif remained tense, and he glared at the strange man.

Nicolas froze and turned his head when an icy voice spoke to him, whoever it was definitely not keen on the idea of him holding his crying child. Her eyes turned fully onto the man and immediately he felt slightly intimidated by the mans height and the coldness that he reflected as he stared at him, he was not someone to let your guard down around and Nicolas immediately sensed that and put himself on guard. "Who I am is no concern of yours." Nicolas stated almost defensively, a look on his face that greatly resembled a look that his sister Nicolette often made when she was getting irritated or bothered. Flicking a bit of hair out of his golden eyes he allowed eyes to gleam in the light before they drifted down to the small child in his arms who's eyes appeared to nearly identical in looks. The man claimed he was this child's father, so maybe he could provide some answers that he was looking for.

"He was wandering around and bumped into me. I didn't want to leave him wandering around like that.." He responded as he stared at the sobbing child for a moment, he must not like being held by people other than his family or something because he looked scared to death. The baby turned his head to look at the man before reaching a hand out to him, Nicolas had no doubts by this point that this was the kids father and considered releasing him but then stopped when he looked at the kid once again, he looked so familiar for some reason. "Tell me something, where did this child get these golden eyes at?" There was another small child with the man that he suppose must have been this guys little twin, he did not bare those golden eyes though. The ones that Nicolas' family was known for greatly, for considering them to be cursed or something foolish like that. In the distance he could see some of his family members that had travelled with him looking around, he hoped they would stay where they were and not head over here right now.

Kalif was indeed, correct. This man was related to Nicolette. And by the looks of it - brother. "As for a matter of fact, I do believe it is a concern of mine considering I would know those gold eyes from anywhere, after looking at them all throughout my schooling and to this present day. Also: you do have a hold of my child which gives me every right to know who you are and whether or not you are a threat." Kalif's voice was like daggers to flesh, harmful, sharp and cold as Death. Kalif was in no mood to fool around, and if need be, he would take this man's life and claim that it was for the better because he was about to bring harm to Damianos, an important figure of the family, or soon to be rather. He was too young right now to take the position he was meant to hold.

Damianos reached out to him, but the man was not putting him down. This angered Kalif, and it showed in his facial expression, as his muscles tightened and his eyes flashed dangerously. "I assume from his mother," Kalif snapped, though his voice did not fray from the usual monotone he carried. "I will tell you one more time, or else I will have to resort to violence. Put Damianos down, or else you will live to regret it." There was no joking in his voice, and he would gladly rip a man apart when it concerned his children. Of course, Kalif was skilled enough in dueling and physical fighting to make sure this man's arms were broken and not harm Damianos in the process.

Nicolas averted his gaze from the man the moment he could know those eyes from anywhere, that made him nervous if he knew about the infamous golden eyes that the Hensel's all bore. Turning his head he nodded over a few of the older family members like cousins and such that it was okay for them to stop trying to blend in and head over if they wanted, but none of them moved. "How would you know these eyes from anywhere?" Nicolas asked suspiciously, he said he looked at them from his schooling days to the present day, so this man must have had or currently had contact with one of the living descendants. This man, whoever he was, happened to be pure gold with all the information that Nicolas was receiving in just the few minute's of talking to him that he had done, perhaps this man knew more then he already just revealed and he was going to get all that he could out of him before he left him alone and continued on his search. "I am not a threat, I can assure you that." He pat Damianos' head as he tried to lull the child to calm down a little, why was it that this small little baby reminded him so much of someone he could not recall at this moment. He would give the child back to his father in just a moment, he just had a few more questions to ask him before he did. Hopefully the man would just comply, this information could be very valuable.

"Although I normally do not take kindly to threats. I will release him in just one moment, I have one more question for you." Nicolas smirked, another facial expression that almost exactly matched that of his younger sister, he may not have a cruel heart like she did but he knew how to be sly and use resources to get what he wanted and when he wanted it given to him. By this point some of the other living Hensel family members had ventured closer but still kept their slight distance, all of them also had those gleaming golden eyes that this man claimed he knew. "Who is this boys mother?" She pointed at Damianos and as the baby let out another soft cry he knew this had to end soon because the boys father was getting extremely angered and Nicolas could just tell my the atmosphere around him that things could or were going to get dangerous.

"That would be none of your concern on how I would know those eyes from anywhere, as that would reveal a bit of my history to a stranger, and that is what I do not like to share," Kalif retorted sharply. If it was one thing Kalif was excellent at doing, it was hiding information from others. He was excellent in covering up and being stubborn enough to never reveal anything he did not want to. This man said that he wasn't a threat and Kalif restrained from rolling his eyes out of annoyance. "Seeing as Damianos only cries when he is around people who threaten him, or he just doesn't like them, I have every right to be cautious and suspicious of a character like yourself." This man was appearing more and more like a child predator than anything else in Kalif's eyes. What man would not put down a baby, even when it is clearly related to said man, over some information? To Kalif, it was utter stupidity, especially with his temper through the roof.

The twin of Damianos tried to scamper off but Kalif quickly grabbed the kid by his arm and stopped him dead in his tracks. This Nicolas was bound to go running off just like Kailie and Damianos. He had no idea where they got it from. Once Nicolas pouted and sat down at Kalif's feet, Kalif could resume his attention to the man. "The boy's mother is my wife, obviously. I told you I would not ask you again." Kalif flourished his wand, and though he did not aim it or shoot off any curses, he still had it by his side and in the open. His onyx eyes gazed over to where the other members of the family were, all with those gleaming gold eyes. "I am not an idiot, as I know that some people are rather interesting, but if you seek out someone, you will receive no help from me. But be warned, if my wife is the one you are searching for, a single hair harmed on her head, and you all will be wiped out instead of simply believed to be dead. You all would be in the grave - for real." There was promise to his voice, and his eyes were blazing.

This man did not seem keen in sharing any information with Nicolas, at least that said something about the people from around here being smarter than he had given then credit for. "Let me tell you something, my eyes, even his eyes....they belong to descendants of the Hensel's. So you must know of us or know one of us personally." Nicolas stated as he adjusted himself, this man gave him the creeps and he was actually become more and more intimidated as he continued talking to this man, something was just not right about him and that put him on immediate guard. After a moment Nicolas carefully set Damianos down and watched at the small boy scampered over to his father and hid behind him, obviously the little boy was not fond of being around strangers regardless. "Your two boys remind me of someone..." Nicolas stated as he remembered seeing the other little boy try to run off just moments ago, if they really were the children of whom he thought, they were mirror images of her. The other family members gathered around the area seemed a little confused by this point, obviously they had not realized what Nicolas had already discovered.

"That boys mother is Nicolette Hensel's, is she not?" Just looking at them he was reminded of her in her youth, plus the eyes and the fact that she was believed to be alive and somewhere around New Zealand. It all added up to fact that she was very alive and that someone knew where she was and what she was up to at this moment, gasps could be heard by the other family members when they too realized what was going on. "My baby sister married you?" He asked dumbfounded, he wasn't insulting the man or anything but it was almost hard to grasp that his little sister was married and had children of her own, everyone had pegged her not to make it past her teenage years yet here she was apparently married and a mother. When the man spoke again, Nicolas was utterly stunned because he seemed to know everything about what was going on. "How the hell do you know all of this? And whoever said we were going to harm her? We just want to....talk to her." Nicolas asked slyly, it was a lie because they did plan to harm her quite a bit actually. The reasons for them going after her were various but the most relevant was the fact that she was a dark praising murderer who had done more than her fair share of harming people.

"You make it seem like it is an honor to have golden eyes, as if it were a natural cause when it is a proven fact that others have golden eyes, as I have seen myself," Kalif said as he watched Damianos hid behind him and was out of this man's way. Kalif tried to recall why Nicolas was named Nicolas. Did Nicolette say something about naming him after her big brother? Was this young man her big brother? It had to be. Kalif pieced the puzzle pieces together, and he glared at the man. Kalif's stare was as hard as a glacier and it appeared to be staring into the young man's soul. The other members of the cat's family had gathered, but none of them passed off as a threat to him. When something came to harm his children, Kalif released hell on earth. It was just how he was. Kalif was highly protective, maybe too much so. Kalif kept his eyes upon the man he presumed to be the very man the twin was named after. Nicolas.

"Shame that she had to name the weakest of the twins after you, Nicolas. It is a waste seeing that the supposed honorary big brother that supposedly died is back and after her. Given that she was rather stupid in her schooling days, she did wise up and marry someone like me." However, Kalif was no where near done. How he knew things was rather uncommon, and perhaps this is where Hades got his ability on reading people. It was a lie that came from Nicolas' mouth. Kalif put his wand away, and he narrowed his eyes just in case something happened.

He picking up the twins, and he warned Nicolas, "She attracts drama like flies. I only assumed, and seeing as you lied just now, it seems my theories were proven correct. Though how I see things, all of you," Kalif's eyes glanced about to each of the golden eyes around. "pretended to be dead, or made it appear that way. You never made the effort to contact Nicolette, and were never there during those times with James, whatever happened between them, I don't know. A poor and pathetic family the Hensel's turned out to be all those years. Cowards and traitors, never standing up for what you believed in. But I will warn you, if you dare come around my family, instead of being hung by muggles and mudbloods, you will be ripped apart by pure-bloods. At least then you will die with some dignity." Kalif needed to get these children home, and he turned, vanishing from the spot, leaving without remorse.

"It's not an honor to have these at all, it's a curse." Nicolas hissed at the man, those ugly gold colored eyes were a constant reminder of the mistakes that they had all made and how they had fallen to a muggle-born all those years ago. The man seemed to be good at piecing things together, chances are he may have even figured out who he and all the others with him already were. It was only moments later that his assumptions were correct, apparently his name was not only know by by the man but the twin with the silver colored eyes appeared to share the same name as he did as well. His sister had actually bothered to name a child after him? 'If only he knew..' Nicolas wasn't actually there to harm his sister, things would only get violent and messy if she gave him a hard time about all of this, he really just wanted to talk to her about why she had done the things she did and what happened with James. All those who had died were the Death Eaters of the future Death Eaters of his family, and this was why Nicolas didn't support them, it was their fault blood had been spilt all those years ago.

"You understand nothing and never will about why we dud things the way we did." He hissed when he became extremely insulted by Nicolette's husband, the way he spoke it made it sound as if the family was nothing but traitors, Before the man left though he gave him one final threat that made all of them freeze in their spots, if they came around his family harm would come to them. "He's going to screw everything up." Was the first and only thing that came to his mind once the man had left, he turned to looked towards the others worriedly before he nodded his head in a direction for them to follow him in, he hoped that Nicolette's husband would not say anything to her about them being alive, it would not only stress her out but give them away. One way or another he was going to talk to her, and now that he knew she was alive and somewhere around here it would make his job only that much easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back