OOC First Name
emzies
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Knotted 10 1/2" Flexible Hazel Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Friday had been at school now for a total of about 24 hours. It was the first night after sorting, and she had been looking around a lot. There was much to explore and to learn about. Hogwarts was not like stories from her brother and sisters, it was better, but her imagination of it, and what it was really like were two different things. Friday had lost track of time a little bit, without her phone and her digital watch connected to the phone. But she had made it just in time for the tail end of dinner. There were fewer people about, and she wondered how strict the tables were. If Monday were there, could she eat with him rather than with people she didn't know. Eventually, Friday sat down at the Gryffindor table, filling a plate and trying to see if any other students from other houses were sitting at different tables.

Anisha didn't feel very different, being a third year, but she knew this year wouldn't be like the ones before. For one, they always had classes with everyone now, which meant she couldn't avoid Dorian. Another thing was that she was definitely no longer easy to mistake for a first year. Anisha had grown quite a bit over break, to Indi's chagrin. She was pretty pleased about it, though. She sat down at dinner, looking around for Raafe. She spotted a young girl nearby and thought she looked kind of lonely. Anisha waved at her with her fork. "Hey, first year?"

Last edited:
Friday hadn't taken much of a bite of her food when someone spoke to her. She glanced at them, at her, and gave a tight smile and nodded. "Is it painfully obvious?" she said, almost attempting to joke with this girl, but perhaps not hitting the right tones in her voice. "Are we allowed to sit at other tables?" she then asked, deciding that rather than waiting around to spot her brother, or her sisters, this girl was right there and talking to her, she could just ask her instead. Having an older friend who was not a sibling could be useful.

Anisha pilled potatoes onto her plate, giving the girl a slight smile. "Not painfully." She reassured her. "There's honestly not that much difference between first and second years. I just figured you were a new face." She said with a shrug. "And second-year transfers are pretty rare." The girl's question took Anisha off guard. "I think so. I don't think the professors mind. I've just never seen anyone do it at feasts." She said with a shrug.

Friday was glad it wasn't painfully obvious, though perhaps the girl was just humouring her a little. "Must've had a terrible first year if you do transfer into second year," she commented lightly. Hoping that she didn't do anything so embarrassing to merit that. Friday thought it made sense that for school feasts there was no moving, but for other days it was fine. "I'm Friday," she introduced, holding out her hand to the girl, though making sure that her hand was clean before she did so.

Anisha shrugged at the girl's comment. "Yeah, guess so." Anisha had never considered transferring. She had wanted to go to Hogwarts for as long as she could remember. Anisha blinked as the girl introduced herself, her mind working fast. "Wait, related to Wednesday and Thursday I guess?" She asked, eyebrows raising. "They're in my year." Wednesday was her roommate as well. "Dang, your parents really committed to a theme, huh?"

Friday was quite surprised when this girl, who didn't introduce herself, seemed to realise who her sister's were. "Yeah, Monday is my brother too, obviously," she wasn't sure if this girl would know her older brother, but she knew the twins and had figured the name convention. "Yeah, there's still Saturday and Sunday to come to the school," she replied with a shrug, clearly becoming less interested in this conversation. She had her answer for the question and didn't really need to keep talking to this girl, though having an older friend could be useful.​

Anisha didn't think she knew a Monday, but she thought maybe he was an older student in a different house. She briefly wondered why she didn't mention a Tuesday, but decided not to ask. Maybe they were a squib or something. "Oh, right." Anisha said, wondering how someone committed that much to a naming theme. "So.... what would've happened if there was another kid?" She asked, curious. "I'm Anisha, by the way."

Friday had never really thought about it. She didn't think her mother wanted more kids, and her dad was useless and out of the picture. ”Our dad isn't around so it's unlikely,” she said, though that didn't really answer the question, mostly just skirted around it. ”Maybe start on the months?” she hadn't ever questioned why she and her siblings were named after days in the week. But this girl was Anisha. ”Does Anisha mean anything?”

Oops, maybe Anisha had been prying a bit into the girl's personal life. She hadn't meant to, but when Friday told her her dad wasn't around, Anisha realized she had kind of dived head-first into some personal stuff. "Sorry, none of my business." She said, holding up her hands. She shrugged when Friday asked her about her own name. "Probably, but I don't know. My sister is named Indira, I think my mum just picked them because they were nice names." She said. "My sister was actually head girl here last year." She added, realizing the girl wouldn't have known her.

Friday shrugged, "No skin off my back," she said to indicate that she was unbothered by it, hoping she'd used the phrase correctly. It was fair that Anisha, and her sibling did not have odd names, she was sure that most of them didn't. Naming themes was likely only if you did intend to fill the theme. "Oh, that's cool. Do you think you'll be head girl too when it's your turn?" she wondered if Anisha was like or not. Friday knew her brother was one of the top students, but she absolutely refused to be a top student in any capacity.

Anisha had to respect the girl for being so unbothered by Anisha's questions. She often didn't realize it in the moment, but she did think she had gone a bit far in asking about her parents. She decided she liked the girl for not being upset about it. At her question, Anisha shrugged. "No idea." She said, trying to sound casual, like she didn't desperately hope for it. "I think it depends on the others in my year, and if I can keep my grades up." She smiled. "I did win the dueling contest last year, though. I wonder if that counts for anything."

Friday didn't know anything about Anisha's year apart from her sisters being in it, and even then she knew her sisters, unlike Monday, were not aiming to be the best thing at Hogwarts. She gave a little smile. "Do you think you'll manage that?" and there was a genuineness to her question, really asking about if Anisha thought she could. some people would just know if they could and others perhaps wouldn't. "Probably counts if you have good grades too, less if you don't." That was the point right to either be the best at everything and be given things or good at one thing. "I think being duelling champion is better than being head girl, or anything,"

Anisha shrugged again at the girl's question. "Probably, it's not been that difficult so far." She admitted. Anisha laughed when the girl said it probably only counted if she had good grades as well. "Luckily, I do." She said confidently. Anisha pondered what Friday said about being duelling champion and being head girl. "I suppose, but it was only for second years. I don't think it gets truly impressive until you've had it a few years in a row." She finally concluded.

Friday thought it would be difficult for her, school was hard. It always had been. Though Friday knew she was never getting prefect, head girl or top points. She didn't want that anyway, she wanted friends. People to spend time with. "Maybe so, but surely it still means you're the best," Friday told her, it didn't matter what level it was at, this girl, Anisha, had still won. "Has anyone managed to win a few years in a row?"

Anisha nodded, but she didn’t get why the girl didn’t get why Anisha wasn't entirely satisfied with her win. "Yeah, of the second year.” She said like it was obvious that wasn't enough. “So, that barely counts. Second years hardly know any good spells, so it’s not like the duels are that high stakes yet.” She explained. Anisha nodded at her question. “I think so, but I don’t think anyone has managed all seven years yet.” She said, not mentioning that she secretly hoped she would pull that off.

Friday thought winning anything was pretty good but it did seem that the win was not quite enough for Anisha. She shrugged a little. "It's still a good start," Friday replied with a shrug. but she then considered. "Well....no one can manage to win all seven years, you can only do duelling from second year, so they just have to win six times," she said that like it was easy. Like just by removing one, the task of winning six times in a row was reduced.

Anisha snapped her fingers as Friday pointed out no one could win seven years, laughing a little. “Oh right, good point. Well, I don’t think anyone has managed six either.” She said with a shrug. “I do think it’s kind of silly first years can’t duel, I could do some spells in first year. It’s just a matter of practicing outside of class.” She said, still remembering how annoyed she had been not to be able to join the tournament.

Friday gave a little smirk as the girl said she was right. Friday had to think someone in the history of the school must've. "But you just said that second years hardly know any spells so a victory there doesn't count....so surely it would count less for a first year," Friday thought, maybe yes, they could practice outside of class but that could be achieved without a formal, duel.

Anisha sighed as the girl poked holes in her logic. She supposed she had been a bit contradictory, but it made sense in her mind. "Right, yeah." She said with a shrug. "Basically, I meant that I think I could have competed in first year, along with anyone else that paid attention and tried their best. But not most people." She told the girl. "So winning against second years isn't all that impressive because they barely know any spells, you know?" It wasn't like Anisha knew that many more spells, but she did know she was one of the few people that practiced spells regularly outside of class.

Friday did not quite see the logic in what this girl was saying, thinking that if there wasn't much difference, but there had to be, and it meant the second year one had to mean something. Friday just shrugged though, she didn't think she needed to really think about it more this girl clearly just hand an opinion and Friday was contrary. "What else is good at this school?" she asked the girl, since Friday had heard things from her family, but there might be more that was fun that they wouldn't tell her.

Anisha wasn't sure if what she said even made sense, and she wasn't sure if the younger girl cared even if it didn't. She moved on to a different subject, which Anisha thought was fine. She pondered her question for a moment, tapping her chin. "Well, Quidditch is a big thing." She said. "Most people go to the matches. I don't play." She said with a small shrug. "But it's popular. And we have like, a few events every year like the yule ball."

Friday knew about quidditch, her brother was on the team. She was less interested in the sport. It seemed..fine, but she didn't think it was for her. Then the yuleball she knew about, so there was nothing that she didn't already know about. "Do you like the yuleball?" she asked, a little curious to know how another person might see it, when compared with her brother and sisters, who maybe just didn't know what fun could be had at an event.

Anisha shrugged a bit at the girl's question. "I mean, it's fine." She said, not really sounding that enthusiastic. "I'm personally a bigger fan of the Halloween Feast, but they do decorate the hall nicely for the yule ball." She said. She had mostly mentioned it because it felt like a bigger thing at school than Halloween. And she somehow got the vibe that Friday might like a dance more. "A lot of older students go to be all mushy and romantic, but that stuff is weird to me." She said with a shrug.

Friday wasn't sure she'd be able to say who was right about what the yuleball was like until she actually went along to it and saw for herself. She was sure at that point she would actually love it. Or maybe they were right and it was meh. "Do people actually dress up for halloween?" she asked, feeling that anisha would be honest about it and that she could trust what she said. Friday didn't see a problem with romance but she wasn't going to talk about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back