OOC First Name
Madz
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Irene's ♥
It took Jake about a couple hours to look for something decent to wear for tonight's Yule Ball. He had procrastinated till the last minute, but he wasn't entirely sure if he wanted to go after Irene had started problems with him and his current girlfriend Kathryn. But he couldn't break a promise or her heart just because of an ex's lies. He found something eventually, no old fashion school robes. It pretty much went with the way he was feeling a lot nervous, still cool at the same time.
After coming out of the bathroom promptly dress Jake looked up at the time and realize it was almost 8 O'clock. He slapped on some after shave and sprayed on body essence from tag. He smelled like he was going to a Hollywood party in the muggel world, kinda over did it but it work either way. Jake walked out the dungeons and headed straight up the stairs to meet Kathryn. In his arm he held a small lace flower so her to wear, it was something that muggels gave to girls on prom night. He just didn't know the name and it was the same flowers he picked that day at the picnic. Only it was freshly picked one and it had its very own lace added to it. He charm the lace and flowers to last forever, maybe this will forget some unwanted drama he thought as he stop waiting Kathryn near the great hall entrance.
Jake peaked outside to see if anyone was around. There were many students filing in the great hall. Some couple up, others coming alone, a few arriving in groups. He held the corsages in the palm of his hand, while he looked to see the girl with red hair. She said eight at the dot, maybe she was running late. Jake didn't mind it, he just wanted everything to be okay tonight. And make her feel wanted, that's what he got the last time they talk. She didn't think she was wanted by Jake, but it wasn't true. He cared about Kathryn much more than he thinks, he just couldn't submit to his feelings right away. Bad luck was running his way and he could feel it swimming through him. If tonight was the night than maybe he would avoid the bad luck and not have to deal with feeling guilty. Jake proceeded to wait with his head bowed down.

Jessica didn't really know why she was attending the ball this year. Last year proved to be no fun at all and this year it was unknown to her why she thought it would be any different. However, after finding a great dress and having nothing else to do, Jessica decided she would check the happenings of the Ball. Her heels clinked loudly against the marble stairs as she made her way towards the Great Hall along with many other students but found herself almost tripping on the last step, wearing heels was something that was rather rare for Jessica. If her dorm wasn't so far away she would have definitely traded her shoes for her converse.

There was something about the way that Jessica entered the hall, there was something daring and attractive about her wheter it was her risque dress she didn't know. But guys eyed her, some commented and the Gryffindor found herself loving every scrap of attention. Her natural beauty shone beneath her make-up and her smile only egged the boys on, but as she abruptly looked away from the gawking boys, it was obvious that Jessica wasn't all that interested. Her green eyes found her best friend amongst the crowd, she was one hundred percent certain it was him, even from the back of his head.

Making her way over to him as best she could in her shoes, she smiled. Hogwarts would have been absolutely horrible without him here, her life would have been horrible if she hadn't ran into him after all those years, her smile never faltered around him. Jacob was obviously waiting for that girlfriend of his but perhaps the pair could share a few minutes of the night together seeing as it was so long since they last spoke. Coming close enough to him, Jessica wrapped her arms around his chest and said into his ear playfully, "You clean up well." She slid her hands off his chest before taking a step in front of him fully revealing herself. A charming smile fell upon her glossed lips and as she stood in front of him there was a flirty presence about her. Perhaps tonight would be fun afterall?

Jake felt the arms of someone small but familiar wrap around his chest that it was harder to resist not to smile. Although he was a bit disappointed Kathryn hadn't arrive yet, seeing Jessica always made him smile wildly for some reason. "Well look who we got here" he said his smile turning into a wise guy expression that told her that much, he was still little Jake. "My,my, my, I never seen such a sight. Are you Jessica or her twin? You must be her twin, I never seen Jessica look so drop dead gorgeous." he commented with a humorous grin that played clearly on his smooth lips. His honey optics linger only for a second enough to see what his best friend look like in a dress. "I'm kidding kiddo" he nudge Jessica slightly. "So who's the lucky guy tonight? Please show me so I can beat him up?" Jake joke some more, it was in his nature to do so. He loved kidding with Jessica, but he wonder if his best friend was still the same. She looked appealing something that shocked him the least, he would be taken back if she changed a whole lot.

Jessica folded her arms over her chest as Jacob commented on her, she wasn't sure wheter he was just teasing her or if he was serious, either way she didn't mind. It was all just a bit of fun, that she was certain of. "I throw on a dress a bit of make up and shoes - " Jessica grimaced as she took sight of her poor feet, " - that hurt like hell I might add - " She said quickly glancing back up at the tall boy "and I get all this attention? Hmm, perhaps I should wear dresses more often?" Jessica laughed at her comment knowing well that nothing would change, well, maybe the fact that she would never ever wear such high shoes again, but other than that, nothing. As Jake nudged her she was quick to hit his shoulder in return, bantering like this with Jake seemed to be second nature to her and so her actions were both immediate and rather painful even for a buff bloke like Jacob.

"Kiddo? Whose the kiddo in a dress like this?" She retorted with her hand placed firmly on her hip, causing attention the daringness of the dress. Jessica knew she looked nothing like a child or a 'kiddo' tonight and she knew that Jake was well aware of it too. But nothing had changed other than her appearance, Jess was still that playful soul, she still had her childish insecurities and of course, that fierce stubborness. "There is no 'lucky' guy." She explained lazily, she didn't really care that she didn't have a date, Jessica Reed was an independent soul. Besides, right now, she really had the hots for one guy, Miles, the school librarian but of course, no one had to know about that. "Where's that girlfriend of yours? I hope she hasn't stood you up?" She said playfully, a hint of flirtiness arriving naturally in her laid back American accent. In all honesty, Jessica rather wished that his girlfriend would stand him up. It meant that she had Jake all to herself for the night and what a good night that would be. The pair knew how to have fun and where music and pumpkin juice were involved, how could they go wrong?

Man she was right, dress, makeup and everything. Every guy that walked by were seriously gawking her for some attention. This sort of made Jake kind of jealous. He felt his face tighten a little and even had the nerves to trip one guy walking buy holding a glass of punch. He went down hill so did the punch. It splatter around the floor almost spilling on Jake and Jess. Glady he took a few steps back and so did Jess. "Watch were you going next time" he called out, the guy restoring to get up and clean himself off. He started to muttered something about clumsy idiots. Jake chuckle shaking his head looking over at Jess. "What? He wasn't watching where he was stepping? Not my fault" he shrugged a little easy now. Still he could feel that tension building up out of nowhere.
"I dunno" he looked away, he still had that stupid flower bracelet in his hand. He looked at the time it was past eight. She wasn't coming tonight. "She should be coming, think she running late" he sounded a little let down. Jake sighed looking away from the time. The music was already playing and she still wasn't here. "Tough not being with nobody tonight" he turn the subject around. He was kinda of glad she was dateless, to glad to be honest. A tinge of jealously was building and he didn't notice it till now. "So what's your plans? Gonna dance for me" he grin now again his mood change. Kathryn wasn't here but his best friend was, Jake never seen Jess dance before. He was sure as hell know she wouldn't dance now in those shoes. He laughed thinking about it.

Jessica smiled up at Jake until she heard a series of crashes behind her. Immediately looking over her shoulder, she spotted the cause of all the noise. A boy about her own age covered was on the floor covered in punch that was now spilling across the floor, coming closer to herself and Jake. With a wry smile, Jess took a step back and the people around them, resumed to their dancing and chatting. She knew it had been Jake who caused him to fall and she looked at him supisciously, an eyebrow arched, adding to the cute, cheeky expression on her face. "Yeah, like I'm going to believe he 'accidentally' fell." She said with a quick eye roll, although wondering why Jake did something like that. She knew he was a joker but that was just uncalled for, it's not like she cared all that much though, it happened to cause huge smile form on her lips as she peeked over her shoulder at the poor soaked boy.

Although it was loud, Jessica heard the disappointment in Jacob's voice, it was hard to mistake it seeing as it rarely was there. As he asked would she dance for him she rolled her eyes, "Hmmm, perhaps you'll dance with me?" She said taking his hand in her own, a flirtatious tone in her voice. It would be extremely difficult dancing in her heels, but she would endure the pain for a dance with her friend. Leading him out on the dance floor, she turned around to him, "At least until that girlfriend of yours shows." Jessica really had no attention of leaving Jacob tonight even if she did turn up. A new song began quickly after the other ended, she hadn't intended on slowdancing with Jake but the song was a classic and she couldn't exactly turn back now.

Jake was utterly shocked for words. She was actually gonna dance for him? Well dance with him! He felt the his smile widen nervously across his chisel expression. "Okay I'll dance with you but can you do me a favor?" before he asked he took one of her wrist and laced it with corsage he had attended to give to Kathryn. "I don't think she will be coming tonight. Not saying I would never give you one..." he could feel his chest tighten a little with nerves. The flowers were a little off but it went well with what she was wearing tonight. Attrie wasn't important to him either way she was here and it meant he wasn't a loser. "Ummmm anyways let's dance" he said more casually now that the phobia had passed and his hand were now entwined with Jessica. "Who would've guessed? Me and you at a dance from how many years since we last hang out in Boston?" he question moving a little slow for her pace. Jake wasn't a dancer but Jessica can guide well more than he would've imagine. He went with the flow of the music, and let his arms do more of shifting than his legs. Jake was drown by the music around him slowly and steady he would also be drown by his best friend's eyes. He never notice how radiant they can be under dim lights, maybe he hadn't notice before because they were young?

Jessica looked back as Jacob placed a corsage on her wrist and she began to feel a great aching pain in her cheeks from smiling so widely but it didn't seem to matter to the seventeen year old. She smiled adoringly at the corsage on her wrist, how perfectly it went with what she was wearing, "Thank you, Jake." She said slowly, the three words spoken in absolute seriousness. She felt her heart hammer hard against her ribs as she looked at his face, how beautifully defined his jaw line was. But of course, her serious mood was interupted by Jakes lighthearted comment, it was one of the things she loved about her friend, she couldn't be around him for long without smiling. "It's insane isn't it?" She said upon realising what little chance they had meeting each other that day, she would call it fate, if she believed in any of that nonsense.

"But I wouldn't change it for the world." Having Jake in her life was like the sunrise after a long cold night and she wanted Jake to know that. They began to dance, swaying moreso than anything else but Jessica felt so very comfortable in his arms. Catching his gaze Jessica found herself blushing from some unknown reason. She hooked her hands behind his neck and swayed quite slowly to the music playing. She did not imagine her night turning out like this but she wouldn't have it any other way. She took a small step closer to Jacob, their bodies touching and very slowly, Jessica rested her head on his shoulder, nuzzling into his neck. She wasn't really sure what was going on. She didn't think she had any sort of romantic feelings for Jacob, he was her best friend since they were five, how could she? Besides, she only had eyes for one guy right now and that was Miles. So, Jessica put her actions down to atmosphere around them, the dim lighting, the romantic music, sure what else could it be?

"Yeah who knew..." he chuckle lightly than let everything played on his own. Jake never been a Mr.Romeo. He always though Jon would be more that type than Jake. He was to much into having fun than being romantic. Consequently, he notice the change in his behavior recently. With Kathryn he notice, with Irene it had been a blurred, but right now he felt different. Maybe because it was Jessica and it was someone he felt comfortable being himself. But he wasn't himself, he was dancing. Dancing with a girl he known many years ago, and she no longer was a girl. "You've grown on me Jay, I miss my old friend" he felt her nuzzle his neck playfully. He stumble a little, a heat of the moment was rising unexpectedly.
"Can I ask you a question?" a thought cross his mind, while they moved nonchalant ignoring those around them. "Do you remember when you ask me years ago if we could get married?" course it had been innocent words that never meant anything. And Jake and Jessica had said this while joking around not really knowing the very meaning of marriage at age nine. "I could never forget it.." he laughed, though his tone was different. Something felt off key, stop it Jake he told himself. You have to prove someone wrong, remember that. The voices were telling him which he would think was his guilt telling him to behave. "Just thought I share one of our old memories Jess..." he smile when another song played, it was bother slow jamn he was looking at Jess now, instead of her temple resting on his shoulders. He stepped forward to look into her eyes, "I really do miss my old friend Jess" this time he lean over to kiss her soft irresistible lips. Guilt was pushed away, but some old feelings were replace and he kissed her like he never kissed a girl before. Everyone around them were still moving but Jake had held Jess tight and didn't part till he had to suck in a deep breath and look at what she had to say.

Jessica pulled her head off his neck as Jake said that he missed his old friend. Sure, she had changed to some extent, appearance or otherwise but she was still her, the child was still in there somewhere and she only seemed to come out with Jake around. "Jake, I'm still here." She reassured him, not once taking her eyes off him. She almost felt hurt that he would think that she had changed that much? Her thoughts strayed away as he asked her a question and what a question it was. Jessica found herself laughing hard into his chest. Oh how she missed the days where she could just ask her best friend to marry her and everything would be okay. She lifted her head reluctantly off his chest once more as he said, quite seriously, that he could never forget it and to be honest, either could she. Jessica would never forget any of the memories she shared with Jake, hell, they made her who she was.

As Jake took a step closer, Jessica's eyes looked from his feet to meet his own, she gasped quietly, overwhelmed by the closeness and the beauty of it. "Jake? Why are you talking like -" and then he kissed her. Jake was kissing her. Jessica didn't really know what to do or how to react, her heart raced rapidly against her chest, did she feel this way for Jacob? Did it really matter? The Yule Ball for a lot of people was just a once-off thing. The fact that Jacob had a girlfriend only made it that bit more thrilling. Jessica ran her slender fingers through his short hair, melting in the kiss. Not once had she ever been kissed like this before not once had she ever kissed like that before. For some unknown reason she forgot who she was kissing until he pulled away. Jessica avoided his eye contact, her heart was still banging too hard.

"-like this." She sighed exasaperated after the kiss, she didn't know what else to say but finish off what she was saying before the kiss took place. Looking back up at him cautiously she spoke again. "Y'know, you're not going to get your 'old friend' back by kissing her like that." She said playfully, she then leaned up to kiss his cheek but had a quick change of thought, she went straight for those perfect lips of his. How could she resist another kiss of his again?

The kiss had been enticing that it was harder to resist not wanting to kiss her again. She was right, 'old friends' don't behave that way. Yet he had no words to comeback from what just happen. Maybe old friends had feelings for each other but were to young to understand boundaries? Or possibly to young to even date when they cared more about having fun and just living life as it was given to them. The grownup world had been complicated around that time. Jake was happy to have been a kid forever and that's how he felt when he was around Jessica. Now the feeling had blossom to something more ever since he saw her that day maybe? By the Pier?
This was all going on around his mind when he felt her lips yet again touched his. Jessica was no doubt beautiful, she no longer held the tomboy look, maybe the attitude but her physical appearance had changed. He kissed her back with more desire than his whole body can offered. He wished for just a moment longer this moment can last an eternity. With the music still playing a slow jamn, this song now he recognize from somewhere but couldn't remember what it was called. Glitter in the Air? Something he didn't know, he was to busy trying to shake off the numbing sensation. The thought of wanting to be with her cross his mind. It would something he could picture someday happening but he didn't know why he felt something else come in mind just than. He close his eyes and continued to kiss her, soft sweet groans escape once from his lips. He didn't want to stop what was happening here. But he did and when he did he brought her close still dancing slowly around. Jake was at lost for words, he couldn't think of anything else to say but cherish this moment with Jess even if it meant hurting someone he may care about deeply.

Katheryn Kingsley was running late as she scurried down the stairs to the Great Hall. A situation had arose between two first years and she had to take care of it since she was the last Prefect in the dorms. It had taken longer than she thought to resolve the conflict so now the girl didn't have time to fix her hair like she wanted. Instead, the girl pulled her red locks up into a pretty updo. Her dress was a light pink color that had a tight top but turned into netting around her middle. She had on a light eyeshadow and red lip gloss. It was quite poofy and the Hufflepuff looked a lot like the old muggle Disney Princess, Ariel.

Kat rounded the stairs into the Great Hall, feeling slightly out of breath. She frowned as she didn't find Jake by the doors like he had told her he would be. She glanced first at the refreshments table, thinking he might have gotten hungry or thirsty since she was a half hour late. However, her boyfriend wasn't there either. Kat's frown deepened. Where had that boy gotten to? she wondered. Had he stood her up? They had one arguement. It was hardly a reason to break a promise. Her azure eyes almost missed the dark haired boy she loved out on the dance floor with a girl she did not know. To make matters worse, he was kissing her deeply and passionately. A small gasp escaped her lips unvoluntarily.

Katheryn could have sworn that she heard something like glass shattering into millions of tiny shards. It was her heart. Her ocean blue eyes stared at her boyfriend as tears started to form. Never had she felt so betrayed by a single person. She only stood there a moment before her eyes met his. Quickly she spun around and ran. She couldn't bare to watch that. Kat's face heated up with embarrassment with how ridiculous she looked. She had spent time looking for the perfect dress and shoes. Kat ripped her hair down and let it fall around her face, trying to hide her tears. It was slow trying to get out of the hall as students crowded between her and the exit.

When he open his eyes more clear from his thoughts and memories his eyes met the hurtful eyes of oceanic blue. Kat. Jake stop dancing looking at her with faults. Her night was ruin because of his own desire. Jake looked over Jess once apologetically but without words he took off leaving his best friend behind.
He would take the blame for it. Every single one, he didn't care. He just needed to catch her before she did anything distracted.

"Kat! Stop!" he demanded. She was making her way out the exit and into the corridors. "Kat!" he called out again running after her. She was fast but he was faster. He had to prepare himself for the guilt washing over him and the pain he caused. Irene was right about him, but he wanted to prove her wrong. Jake just kept running.

Katheryn could hear Jacob behind her but she didn't slow down. She wasn't sure she could face him right now. She had been a fool to believe him so completely but that was her nature. Kat hated to think badly of anyone and it often made her very naive. She could hear that he was catching up to her as she sprinted up the stairs to the first floor. She made it all the way to the fourth floor before Jake caught her.

As she entered the corridor, Kat found it deserted. The redhead might as well get this out of the way. She whirled around. "What is it Jake?" she asked, her voice shaking with anger. "Why are you chasing me?" she demanded in a tone that was very unlike her. "Clearly you found a better date so just go back to her!" she said, her blue eyes spilling over with tears. Jacob had hurt her in a most unkind way.

She brought her body closer to his own, her heart was thumping rapidly, their lips fitted so perfectly. Jessica's hands cupped his beautifully chiseled face yearning for his kiss. She honestly didn't know what was driving her at the moment, she was so caught up in everything that she seemed to have forgotten who it was that she was kissing. When they pulled away, Jessica simply leaned her head comfortably on his shoulder, how she would face him again after tonight, she didn't know nor did she really care, anything other than this moment seemed to far away to think about. Jacob was making her feel happy, loved, even if it was just for the night.

Suddenly, something happened and she seemed to just be cast aside. She noted his apologetic glance and just stared back at him as he ran after his girlfriend. So, there she was, standing there, like an idiot. She acknowledged the fact that there were several pairs of eyes on her and so she just stood, with her arms folded and to be frank, she felt used. But what did she expect? That he would just forget his stupid girlfriend? Be ignorant to the fact that she just saw them kissing and stay with her? She stood alone as she watched Jake leave the hall after his girlfriend, not really knowing what to do next.

They reached the fourth corridor which was thankfully desserted. She spun around furiously to face him, her words pin him like thousand needles. Kat was just so fragile for situation like this so he painfully deserve every word she threw at him. "If you can let me explain Kathryn" he said huffing slightly from running. "I thought you were mad at me and stood me up. I will take the blame for my mistake Kat but it doesn't mean I don't wanna be with you anymore. Please.." he pleaded taking a step forward to comfort Kathryn. He felt lower than dirt, now only was he regretting his night with Jessica he was apologizing for it happening. Now he had someone else to talk to if Kat ever forgive. He would have to talk to Jess as well.

Katheryn crossed her arms as she stared at Jake. He began to talk but it didn't make any sense to her. The redhead was heartbroken and angry. He took a step forward to her and she took a step back. She couldn't just forget that he had been making out with another girl in front of the whole school. Kat felt humiliated. "Explain?" she questioned him. "You thought I would stand you up?" she said in disbelief. "Never would I do that. Even if I had, you still were making out with that girl in the middle of the dance floor! Did you really think I wouldn't find out?" she asked him, hurt seeping through in her voice. "Why did you do this?" Kat asked. "Why ruin something that was so perfect?" she asked, her blue eyes seeking an answer.

Ugh, she wasn't making it any easy for him. He dropped his head touching the side of his temple. Words would come in mind what to say but they wouldn't come out of his mouth. He resorted back to looking up at her, oceanic optics dazzle with confuse tears. Why did he do it? Only Jake knew and he wasn't gonna claim something right away. Why did he ruin it? He thought since that night of her not feeling anymore he did what any guy would think. She didn't feel the same for him when he tried to explain Irene's lies. That she believed his exs and her not showing up what the reason he reacted. That's the best you've got? Loser. "Kat..." he sighed resuming to get closer to her. His lame excuses wouldn't do him justice. Maybe if she showed that he did mean to he could reclaim her heart back. He step closer to her that he was actually able to grasp her arms with a quick dash of movements. He did that before she got ready up to swing at him. And did what he could only think of. He kissed her with one tear shedding down his left eye hoping that was enough for her to forgive him. The pain however was so sickening at the pit of his stomach, he cringe holding onto her. Please forgive me he thought to himself, unspoken words afraid to spell from his sinful lips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back