OOC First Name
Tamara
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Curly 14 Inch Swishy Holly Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
Riley was enjoying her time at Hogwarts. Although she had just arrived and there were still seven years to go. She loved the nature and landscapes that surrounded the castle. There were luscious gardens and beautiful lakeside views. Even the castle itself breathed ancient history. Tapestries, monuments and other sculptures lined the halls. Today she was at the lakefront to check out the local aquatic life. She wondered what lived beneath the shadows of the water. Magical and non magical, she was sure there were probably plenty of fish here. She had brought her camera, but she was currently more interested into spotting something that was interesting enough to photograph. She already had made plenty of the little ripples in the water and the trees that surrounded the big lake.

Airen was out exploring. She'd seen the gardens, the towers, the view out of like, twelve different windows. She was exploring the grounds now, curious about the lake and the forest and all the pretty things she'd seen from the castle. She was surprised to see a girl her age out there, so she skipped over. She smiled happily, leaning to catch her eye. "Hey!!" She greeted happily. "Whatcha doing?"

Riley looked up from the water when she saw someone had joined her. ''I was looking if there was something interesting living in these waters.'' Riley responded to the question of the girl. ''I am Riley, you?'' She said while making sure nothing was happening in the murky water. There must be something magical living in these waters right. If not a non magical creature like sea snakes or something. She already heard stories of things that stirred into the deep, but she wanted to see for herself. Seeing was not enough, she wanted to take pictures of it as proof. '"What do you think?'' Riley asked the girl.

Last edited:
Airen smiled at the girl. "My name is Airen," She told the girl, moving to look out over the water with her too. "Oh, sure!" She agreed, nodding. "There are probably lots of things living out there. Mermaids and lots of fish and all sorts of things." She offered. "We could go ask one of the Professors about it, I'm sure they'd know."

The whole water looked pretty calm, but farther out it was more murky and way deeper. ''I thought mermaids didn't exist, there are sirens and merpeople, but not like the mermaids like Ariel and such.'' Riley loved the Little Mermaid as a kid, her mother would read it to her as a bedtime story. ''Pretty sure most Professors don't want us to know what is out there, we would only get curious and go look for it.'' Well that was what would happen to Riley. She was curious enough to go back to find the truth. Even if the Professor told the truth, she wanted to see it for herself. ''I wonder if we are allowed to swim in these waters.'' Riley muttered.

Airen blinked, considering. "I thought mermaids were girl merpeople," She said. "And the boys were mermen?" She asked, looking back out over the water and wondering. "Like we're people, and they're merpeople? Would it be mergirls and merwomen then? And merboys?" She looked back to the other girl with a bright smile. "I think we're allowed, but we could ask?" She offered, looking around and pointing over towards where she thought she'd seen the greenhouses. "I think the herbology professors are over there somewhere?"

For Riley they were just all called merpeople. People didn't specify any gender and could be thrown on a mermaid and merman. She had no clue if it worked that way, she wasn't an expert on merpeopleology. The theory the girl had did sound pretty plausible. ''Isn't merpeople the right term and then there is female and male versions of merpeople.'' It all was pretty confusing, but mermaids just sounded so fairytailesque. ''Mmm, we could yeah.'' She was still pretty sure the Professor wasn't going to say what was roaming in the waters. Telling students that some mythical sea beast was living in the waters was going to thick a lot of parents off. Complaints would be flooding in. ''Do you think they us to know what lives here?'' Riley asked ''If they say a giant sea beast is roaming around parents would come flooding in with complaints.'' She added afterwards.

Airen giggled. "Well, merpeople does sound right." She agreed. "We won't know until we ask," She mused. "I don't think the parents would be upset... think of all the things that were at the sister Hogwarts, they have a giant squid and a whomping willow and a forest full of centaurs and giant spiders." She chattered a bit. "And if they live in the lake, then that just means there's a whole society down there or something, we can't just kick them out so we can have the school grounds to ourselves. I'm sure if we asked someone would tell us." She decided, nodding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back