Calling All Girls

Merlina smiled as she approached the table with the girls. Picking up an application form she just kept the smile plastered on her face. She was trying to be sociable but after spending much of her time with only one or two others from the school, this felt almost exhausting. Yet she was determined to try. She had already spotted her cousin on the bench but chose to sit a bit away so as she would have to make some conversation with strangers. It wasn't that she was shy or anything but sometimes she just came across as being extremely blunt in how she spoke.

"Hi" still the smile stayed on her face and at any moment she would get lock jaw it was starting to hurt that much, "do I just fill this in and hand it back to you?" she asked the girl she had seen her cousin with a few times, as she seemed to be in charge of this motley crew.

Rhianne dragged herself to the Great Hall,weraing her Heta Omega shirt given by Katalina and slumped in the nearest chair..Snatching an apple from the table,she greeted everyone halfheartedly.."Hi,guys..Sorry for the late..",she was babbling she knew that,since she noticed Robert seemingly close to Shalamar..She wondered if they were together..Or if the girl joined too.."Hi,Kat..Need help??",she asked,looking for something to do..

When a younger girl, who was sporting an uncomfortable looking smile, approached her Kat grinned and said, "You can either hand it back to me or just sit it in the pile of other applications that have already been filled out." Thinking for just a second she leaned in closer to the girl and said just loud enough for her to hear, "And smiling all the time isn't really a requirement...Merlin knows I sure as hell don't smile all the time. Just relax and be yourself." She gave the girl a little wink before turning to Rhianne with a smile. "Hey Rhianne! I think we're good on help, but if you'd like to start going around and introducing yourself and mingling with everyone then that would be great," Kat said to the fourth year. It looked like things were going well enough. She'd give everyone a few more minutes to see if anyone else would show up and then she'd call everyone to order.

Imogen Day had always wanted to be part of a group. She had friends in all, but there was something about being able to say, I'm in (inserting name of group here) that was something Immy had wanted to be able to say. She had somewhat known about the Sorority, but had never really known how to apply. She got quickly dressed into her usual Gryffindor t-shirt, shorts and red All Star plimsolls and headed out the dorm. She walked down to the Great Hall, where the meeting was being held and entered the room. There were quite a few people there already. Immy spotted the pile of applications already filled out, and then the pile that hadn't been filled out, and who were waiting to be filled out. Imogen took one and found a spare table and began to fill it out. She hoped she'd get in. It would be great if she could. Imogen took her pen out and began to write. Noticing a few people who were familiar and others who weren't.

Tootle Loo, third generation Hogwarts House elf, popped in under a table. She had a plate of light and very airy pastries with strawberry cream. She made them in such a way that they only tasted fating because they where so good but there was so much air in the crusty edges that it fell down light. Making them and all the food for the event that she had watched the Mistress Vanderhol set up for had been both her pleasure and her obsession. It got to the point where she had struck several other house elves around the face because they where making things wrong in her opinion.

Finally she had given a shriek to leave her alone which made most of the male house elves back off. Tootle Loo was now finishing putting everything up. She would dissaper after this because she knew she did not belong here. She knew her place very well though she did ware bright pink wigs and things like polka-doted skirts. The one she was waring at the moment was a soft pastel blue with white spots all over.

Rhianne nodded at Kat,forcing a smile for herself.."Sure thing,Kat..",she stepped back and grab a chair that could serve as their platform....Standing up where everyone could see her,she started introducing herself..Flashing a bright smile,she began,"Hello,Heta Omegas!!Kat here told me to introduce myself so to make things easier,I have a small platform here for everyone..So I start..",she winked at Kat again.."I'm Rhianne Delle Clivey..Proud 4th year Lionness..So,you might be wondering that "Hey we're supposed to be in the same class but how come I don't know you??" That is because I rarely attends class but I am changed now..See you in class..",she laughed to her own joke.."So,anyways,I am so happy to be with you guys..Let's have fun!!",she concluded and smiled for everyone..

When it looked like they had a decent turnout Kat decided that she would get up and introduce herself to the gathering of girls. Hopping up on one of the tables she whistled loud enough that it caused everyone to quiet down and look at her. "Sorry. I promise this won't take long and then you can all go back to your mingling. First off let me introduce myself. I'm Katalina Vanderhol, Gryffindor seventh year and president of the Heta Omega. Most everyone calls me Kat so feel free to do the same. I'd like to thank you all for coming out and expressing interest in joining the sorority and I can assure you that you will all absolutely love being a member of such a female driven organization. We have so many events planned for this year and I'm excited that you will all be able to participate in them. If you haven't already, then please fill out one of the applications and place it in the stack of finished ones once you are done. If you happen to have any questions then please don't hesitate to ask either myself or one of the other members of the sorority...just look for the girls in purple." After finishing her little spill she looked out over the group of girls and added, "With that being said, thank you all again for coming out and enjoy yourselves!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back