OOC First Name
Katie
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
Kat had set up a whole area of the Great Hall for the meet and greet session that the girls of Heta Omega had planned for today. She neatly arranged a pile of applications on the table and then set about to hanging purple, white, and black streamers using a levitating charm. Kat had sent an owl out to all the members of the executive board of the sorority as well as the other members reminding them about today's event as well as to have them make sure they wore the Heta Omega colors. Checking her watch once more she went to arranging the refreshments on another table hoping that today would turn out fairly well.

((Sorry should have put this in here to begin with :doh: but here is the application. Just follow the instructions. Looking forward to hearing from you all))
Application for Admission to Heta Omega:

How often are you online?
For how long, usually?
How old are you? (You may be as specifc or non-specific as you like.)
Why should we choose you?

Tell us a little background info on your character (Family, where your from, etc.):

If given the opportunity to serve in a position of authority, what would you do to better, or what policies or new programs would you initiate within our sorority?

If accepted into the sorority, will you:
A) Be at all meetings/gatherings that require your presence? (Y/N)
:cool: Actively participate in said meetings/gatherings? (Y/N)
C) Notify the executive board if you are unable to attend a meeting/gathering? (Y/N)
D) Notify the executive board if you will have a leave of absence in the middle of a meeting/gathering (any extended period)? (Y/N)
E) Maintain an A average per term? (Y/N)
F) Inform the President(s) if you overhear any boys with the password? (Y/N)
G) Inform the President(s) if you find out anyone has given the password to a girl who has not been admitted? (Y/N)

Please PM me ( Katalina Harker ) with the application! Thanks!!
Code:
[center][big][big][u][b]Application for Admission to Heta Omega:[/b][/u][/big][/big][/center]

[u][b]How often are you online?[/b][/u]
[u][b]For how long, usually?[/b][/u]
[u][b]How old are you?[/b][/u] (You may be as specifc or non-specific as you like.)
[u][b]Why should we choose you?[/b][/u]
[u][b]
Tell us a little background info on your character (Family, where your from, etc.):[/b][/u]
[u][b]
If given the opportunity to serve in a position of authority, what would you do to better, or what policies or new programs would you initiate within our sorority?[/b][/u] 

[u][b]If accepted into the sorority, will you:[/b][/u]
A) Be at all meetings/gatherings that require your presence? (Y/N)
B) Actively participate in said meetings/gatherings?  (Y/N)
C) Notify the executive board if you are unable to attend a meeting/gathering?  (Y/N)
D) Notify the executive board if you will have a leave of absence in the middle of a meeting/gathering (any extended period)?  (Y/N)
E) Maintain an A average per term?  (Y/N)
F) Inform the President(s) if you overhear any boys with the password?  (Y/N)
G) Inform the President(s) if you find out anyone has given the password to a girl who has not been admitted?  (Y/N)

Clad in her Heta Omega shirt, grey jeans, and purple flats, Violet made her way down to the Great Hall, a smile on her face. She'd been somewhat dormant for a while and now she was coming back out of her shell, and really enjoying herself. With a spring in her step, Violet walked over to Kat, where she was setting things up, and greeted her enthusiastically. "Hey Kat! Need any help?" she asked. She wondered how many girls would be asking to join - she'd convinced both Lucy and Charlotte, so hopefully they'd be here.

Having been convinced by her cousin to try joining Heta Omega, Charlotte trailed not too far behind the older girl as she entered the Great Hall. She may have been a Gryffindor, but she wasn't the most outgoing of people, and was always looking for support in her decisions and actions. She wasn't completely shy, but she just needed that extra help getting out and about sometimes, when she was trying new things.
There weren't really many other people there at the moment, just Violet and a seventh year Gryffindor Charlotte recognised as Katalina Vanderhol. Putting on a confident smile, Charlotte moved to stand next to Violet, waving enthusiastically, before turning towards Katalina. "Hello," Charlotte said, politely. "This is where I sign up for the sorority, right?" she questioned, her accent mostly Australian with just a hint of South African - she'd spent the first eight years of her life there, after all.

Lucy was still excruciatingly shy, even in her third year at Hogwarts, and there were only certain people she would open up to. such as Violet and Angus, who she saw as siblings, and Landon (naturally). But Lucy, too, had been convinced by Violet to go join the sorority, "because it'll be good for you to be in a group of really nice and friendly girls!" and so here she was, walking to the Great Hall. She recognised Violet, clad in a Heta Omega shirt, and Charlotte, as well as a girl she recognised as a seventh year Gryffindor prefect. Shyly, Lucy stood to the side, waiting to hear a little more about the sorority before signing up.

Maddison walked into the great hall flicking her hair back and adjusting her top. She smiled at the others as she walked in and waited to hear more. She hoped it wouldn't take long, she had things to do. She looked over and saw application forms, but she supposed she would have to hear some talk first. "Can I sign up now?" she asked hopefully, pulling out a crystalized pen.

Kat was rambling about when she heard someone ask her if she needed help. Turning she saw Violet, Hufflepuff and fellow prefect. With a grin she said, "Yes actually I could. Thanks Violet! If you could pin up those balloons then that would be great." Pointing the girl in the right direction Kat returned to arranging out the rest of the food. Heading back over to the sign up table she saw a younger Gryffindor who's name she couldn't remember. With a friendly smile she replied, "That's right. Just take one of these and here's a quill and you fill out everything. When you're done you can just leave it here. If you have any questions about anything please don't hesitate to ask me or Violet...oh and there are plenty of snacks so please help yourself." Kat happened to notice a younger girl standing alone over in a corner. Walking up to her she introduced herself. "Hullo! I'm Katalina Vanderhol. Are you interested in applying?" Before she could get an answer another younger girl approached and asked about signing up. "Sure. Just fill out one of those applications from the table and then when you're done you can leave it on the table."

Cassidy entered the Great Hall, an unusual feeling filling her stomach (she discovered later that it was nerves). She glanced around, noticing that there were a few other girls already there.
She plastered a smile on her face, just as her mother had taught her to do in social situations. She began striding towards a girl in the sorority's purple t-shirt, someone who she recognised as a Gryffindor, but faltered halfway there. The whole reason she was at Hogwarts New Zealand was to become someone different, to be someone who wasn't defined by her parents, and she was hoping that being a part of Heta Omega would help that. The false smile slid off her face, and her shoulders relaxed. There were no expectations for her here.
Cassidy began walking towards the girl again, this time with a natural, warm smile lighting up her features. The apprehension from just moments before had completely disappeared.
"Hi," she said with a smile. "I'm Cassidy Parker, from Ravenclaw."

It seemed that this event was going to turn out to be a success especially if the girls kept coming out the way they were now. Kat was just about to go and help Violet with the balloons when another girl approached her and introduced herself. "Hi Cassidy. I'm Kat...Gryffindor. It's nice to meet you. You must be a transfer because you look a little old to be a first year."

Vivienne already had several friends in Heta Omega, so when she heard that they were having sign ups, the young Hufflepuff had decided to go along to check it out. Now here she was, walking (or should I say dancing) towards a small group of girls, whom she presumed were members and other interested students. Linking her fingers in front of her, Vivienne looked around. While in the past she would have been towered over by the other girls, after a growth spurt Vivienne was now nearer the average height. She was still a little shorter than them, but not by as much as she had been.

Listening attentively as everyone else spoke, Vivienne smiled at the group leader when she felt a lull in the conversation. She wouldn't want to speak over anyone, so now was an okay time to ask a question. "Excuse me, I was just wondering.. does everyone that signs up get accepted? Or only a few?" Vivienne enquired, doubting whether she would be chosen if this was the case. Although she had become quite a bit more worldly and less naive over the past year, she was still as insecure as ever, and had yet to learn to believe in her own abilities.

Alyssa walked into the Great Hall wearing the Outfit she had planned out earlier in the week that she would wear for the Heta Omega meeting. The first thing she noticed was that Kat had seemingly done a nice job setting up, and there was already quite a few girls seeking to sign up and become part of their sorority. "Hello ladies." She said lightly but loudly enough for them all to hear, as the social Chair of the Sorority she was interested to see what kind of members that would be attracted to joining the Sorority.

Alyssa cast a pretty smile that only a Veela would be capable before she walked over and stood next to Kat, she had heard the girls' question but was actually unsure of the answer herself. Were they letting everyone in or were they not. Gracefully, she turned her crystal blue eyes onto their President before she turned her head back to the other girls and let the pretty smile returned to her face, perhaps she should ask if Katalina needed any help with decorations or anything. "Need help with anything Kat?" She asked with her lightened French accent that she had never managed to loose after five years of being in New Zealand and speaking English to others. Katalina seemed to have most everything in order so she was unsure if there was anything else for her to do, but it still wouldn't hurt to ask.

Abigail had never been comfortable enough with joining any sort of Sorority. She had seen those movies about the girls in sororities. Not only where they dumb as bricks, annoying but they shared secrets all the time. She of course didn't know if that was true, it was a muggle movie after-all, but her friends seemed to enjoy it so why couldn't she? She convinced herself it wasn't true as she entered the Great Hall, her deep violet eyes meeting the purple coloured shirts that were almost twin to her fanciful colour.

She cringed to herself as she walked forward, spotting Alyssa she nearly relaxed but she didn't yet. The Slytherin Prefect glanced around and asked with a confident hue to her grubby, poor English accent she loathed to the girl her friend spoke to that she vaguely recognized from the prefects common room, "This where we sign up?" Abbey sighed quietly to herself, she couldn't believe that she could possibly be one of those annoying sorority girls. She did look the part sure, but that didn't mean she was as ditzy and naive as they were, would she become like that? Oh god she hoped not.

"Before I do, please tell me, this isn't like those dumb muggle movies right? Where we share secrets and become 'best friends while baking cakes and loving puppies'," Abigail asked the brunette, making an expression that mocked those movies she had detested so much while the other girls in the orphanage thought them funny.

Lame post.

On top of everything that Patricia had added on to her, already, busy schedule, she had been appointed Secretary of the Sorority of the Heta Omega and she could not be more proud that she had been given the opportunity. She had been a proud Sister of the Sorority for a few years now and having some pulling power on the running of it was great for the Hufflepuff's confidence. Having received Kat's letter about the meet and greet session in the Great Hall Patricia got ready and made her way to where the rest of the girls would be.

Entering the Great Hall it wasn't hard for Patricia to find out where everyone was. Making her way over to the large group of girls she was about to ask Kat if she needed any help but she picked up a comment from a fellow fifth year and Prefect. "And what exactly is wrong with that?" she asked with a laugh to Abbey before going to the other side of the table. "Hey Kat! I'll go help Vi over there, shout if you need any more help." she said with a smile as she made her over to the only other Hufflepuff Sister there at the moment. She really hoped this 'Meet and Greet' Session would work well so they could get more girls into the Sorority.

Kat was just about to answer the younger girl when Alyssa Snow, the newest social chair, approached and greeted them. "Hi Alyssa. Thanks for coming." Turning to the younger girl Kat smiled and replied, "The selection process takes a while, but for the most part we do take everyone that applies. We like to have a nice community for the girls at the school." Finally she turned back to Alyssa and said, "Oh Merlin yes. If you could point the girls in the right direction and try to answer any questions that they may have then that would be great. Thank you so much!"

Just then one of the newest prefects came up and asked a question that made Kat snort. "Oh yeah, but don't forget the rainbows and unicorns...those are the most essential bonding topics right there," she retorted with a smirk before she saw Pat who came in and set straight to helping Violet. "Thank you so much Pat...you're a life saver," Kat said loudly enough for the Hufflepuff to hear.

Ariah was nervous about this whole sorority thing because she had never been in an area with so many girls before, but the pretty Veela girl called Alyssa had told her that she should join because it was a lot of fun and all the girls were really nice. So taking the girls advice and knowing that she needed to try and get out to meet some friends she got herself dressed in the cutest Outfit she probably owned and headed down the the Great Hall which is where the meeting was being held at. The whole time she was breathing in and out, this was a new school and a new chance to be accepted by people.

Once downstairs, she was amazed at how many girls had shown up. The overwhelming urge to take a nap took over her, a habit which often happened when she was nervous or getting upset. 'Come on, just smile and show them what an awesome girl you are.' Putting a soft smile on her face she walked over to the table, as slow and careful as she could so she wouldn't bump into any of them, she didn't want to upset anyone within just minute's of being there. Once she was close enough to see all the faces she heard someone talk about rainbows. "Dude, I love rainbows. And I love cake even more." Ariah cracked a small as she approached the table and looked at the girls who seemed to be in charge of this whole Sorority thing. Her smile was soft and friendly, she was hoping she looked at least looked like the type to be in the sorority.

"I'm Ariah Rowan, is this where we sign up for the Sorority?" She asked as her eyes shifted around carefully, eyeing the Great Hall before her eyes returned to the girl who seemed to be the leader of all this.

According to his little half-sister Alyssa, there was a meeting going on in the Great Hall today where the Heta Omega Sorority was trying to recruit more girls for their upcoming year and such. Why she bothered to tell him this out loud he couldn't really say, but it gave him the biggest and best idea he's had for a good time in awhile. 'This is going to be so fun!' Was the only thought that ran through his head as he left the Hufflepuff common room and headed down to the Great Hall where the meeting was being held at. Once down there, he noticed all the decorations and girls that were standing around, this made him even more excited to be here.

With soft steps he walked over to the table and stopped, his eyes first going to his sister who looked awful adorable for someone who was supposed to appear so graceful most of the time. His icy blue orbs glanced around to the others girls then landed on the person he assumed was the President, a girl he remembered was in his year but not in his house. "Heeey, I'm Xavier Snow. Where do I sign up?" He winked before he stood back to his full height and continued to stand there waiting to see if he got jumped by all these girls for trying to join. Hey it's not like he could help it if he thought it looked like fun to join.

"Oh sweet Merlin...you love rainbows AND cake? I do believe that you're going to have to be my new best friend then," Kat said to the younger girl with a grin. Holding out her hand she added, "Pleased to meet you Ariah, I'm Kat. Seventh year Gryffindor and president of Heta Omega. You are definitely in the right place. All you need to do is fill out one of these applications and then leave it in that pile once you're finished. Oh, and there are plenty of refreshments so just help yourself and mingle around with all the other girls."

Kat was just about to go and see what else needed to be done when a boy, who she recognized from class, came up and asked where he was supposed to sign up. Biting the inside of her cheeks to bust out laughing she just looked at him. Taking a deep breath in through her nose she finally was able to speak and say, "Before I tell you that I'm afraid I'll have to take your man card from you and will require you to polish your nails a pretty pink color."

Andy raced into the hall hair blowing wildly about her as usual, skidding to a halt at the table she grinned broadly at Kat.
"I am so sorry, have I missed everything?" she smiled at the girls sitting about then realized there was a boy standing there. An eyebrow quirked up, he was so unbelievably cute she almost felt it was a shame she was so well and truly spoken for.
"We haven't gone co.ed have we?" she whispered to Kat hiking her leg over a bench to sit down, "I didn't think I'd missed that much."

She reached across the table and grabbed an apple from a fruit bowl, taking a massive bite from it and munching loudly as she observed everything the boy not withstanding.

Hilde was running late, trying to prod her sister to get moving. Finally, she gave up on Hannah and ran up to the Great Hall to join the others from Heta Omega with recruitment. She straightened her shirt out before entering the room, and was amazed. The place looked amazing, outside of one little detail. There was a boy standing at the table asking about joining. She laughed as she crossed the floor, ending up next to him. "Hey girls! This place looks great! Sorry I am late, I was waiting on Hannah but you know her, she is being a slowpoke and I just gave up." She turned her head to look at the taller boy, grabbing his hand and examining his nails in the process. "Kat, I think he needs bright purple. Would be much better with his coloring," she said with a nod. "Oh, and we must do something with those eyebrows." She smirked, wondering just who this guy was and what he was playing at.

Looking around just a bit as she dropped his hand, she noticed that Ariah was there and gave her a smile. She was starting to warm up to her roommates a bit and it was nice to see her interest in the sorority.

"I am not a slowpoke...it just takes me longer to get ready than most other people," Hannah hissed at her sisters back as she trailed in just far enough behind her sister to hear her snide comment. She looked at Kat and said apologetically, "Kat I'm really sorry. I couldn't find my shoes. I promise I'll be on time from now on." With that Hannah went around to start mingling and talking to the new applicants.

Hadan had to admit, this place was decorated quite nicely. Purple seemed to reign the Great Hall. Purple usually meant Sorority, and this time, Hadan decided to attempt to join. She approached the table, casting a bright smile over at Alyssa, before she turned her red gaze to a male attempting to sign up. Hadan could have sworn this was nothing but a girl's club. Either he is just making some fun, or maybe he is one of those that...is like Dietrich. Shaking her head, she turned her head toward Katalina and she inquired pleasantly, "Where do you sign up, Kat?" For a Slytherin, Hadan was highly kind, but can be rather hostile as well. But Hadan refused to be like that, not on a sign-up of the Sorority. Hadan didn't believe in being rude, not without a good reason.

Aleyha followed the older Slytherin, also her cousin, into the Great Hall. Aleyha was wearing her casual Slytherin outfit, and was happy that she was no longer nearly as short as she was last year. Aleyha's legs managed to lengthen, and now she appeared to be mostly but leg. That could change in the future. Aleyha gazed around the area, and found no one of particular interest until she saw the Lindrom twins, and Alyssa. Aleyha glared at Alyssa before she smirked and followed Hadan. Aleyha had an ice cream cone in her hand. She only liked it non-dairy, which was also what Theodore could have. Aleyha heard Hadan ask where to sign up and Aleyha said nothing but nod her head instead, indicating that she too wanted in.

Alyssa was extremely happy to see that some of her good friends decided to show up to the meeting and check into joining like she had requested them too earlier. Alyssa gave Abigail a soft wave before she laughed softly at Patricia's comment about what Abbey had said about joining, she had never thought of the Hufflepuff being really funny before but that was slightly amusing to her. "I'm so glad you all could make it!" Alyssa had suggested to Hadan and Ariah that they should come and try getting into the Sorority. Aleyha had been sort of bribed to come but at least she had come in general, she would definitely get the information that Alyssa had promised the young albino later. When her half-brother decided to show his face and bother them about joining the sorority she suddenly felt like she was going to die inside, what in the world did that boy think he was doing?

"Xavier. Get out of here!" She hissed quietly, hoping not to make a scene but still be stern enough to catch his attention and warn him that she wasn't playing around. He was going to embarrass her if he kept this up and she didn't laugh to become a laughing stock in front of everyone.

Ariah waved lightly at Hilde when she was given a smile by her, they were getting along quite nicely and it was good to see a familiar face around. As she took the application and began to fill it out she tried to ignore the noise around her so she could focus and not make herself look like an idiot on paper because sometimes she definitely didn't pay attention to what she wrote on things. Halfway through her paper she froze when she heard a boy's voice, he seriously wanted to join the Sorority with a bunch of girly girls who seemed more than amused that he was there. "Uhhhh." He was cute but she recognized that he was quite old and seemed a little more weird than she was willing to handle at the moment. When her application was finished she handed it back to Kat before she stepped back and stared up at the older boy with her darkened mint eyes, was he seriously related to Alyssa?

Xavier snorted before he scratched his cheek almost shyly, he was glad they were all in such a good humor about this because he knew girls could be downright vicious. Especially his sister, who in fact already seemed more than annoyed that he was there and requesting to join the Sorority in front of her like that. "Relax baby sister." He waved his hand as if telling her to calm down, which he knew was a dumb thing to say to her at the moment but he ignored it and instead focused on all the other girls who seemed to think that it was all in good fun.

"Nah, if you have me browns suit my blue eyes much better." He snickered and point to his blue eyes that he knew for a fact would look good with brown earthy tones. Alyssa had reminded him of that countless times and of course he remembered them. "So..is that a no?" He definitely would write to Trilby about this, he missed her and figured that this would give her something to roll her eyes or even laugh over while he was away from her.

Kat figured that the boy must have been related to Alyssa by the way she spoke to him and then Xavier only confirmed it by calling her baby sister. Rolling her eyes and shaking her head with a smirk she replied, "As tempting as it would be to make a mockery of you and dress you up in such a girly way I'm afraid it's going to have to be a no. You might have better luck with the Brotherhood, though if I were you I wouldn't mention that you know that browns are better suited for your blue eyes...just some free advice." Turning to Hadan she smiled and said, "So glad you came. Just fill out one of those applications and put it in the finished pile when you're done with it."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back