Callan's looking about.

Callan Aireous

Wand
Black Walnut/Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
Callan walked down to the lawn, looking for something to do. She had gone to all of her classes and finished all of her homework. Her fingers tugged at the itchy collar of her shirt as she walked aimlessly about. Callan found a tall tree and she sat underneath it, grateful for the shade, seeing as it was very hot outside. She laid her jacket next to her and pulled out a book and turned to the page she had last left off on.

Andromeda was flicking her yo-yo back and forth as if she hadn't a care in the world. It wasn't a normal yo-yo of course, it was completely homemade, a round piece of wood fashioned to a string but she had charmed it with the accio and depulso charms as she knew the wood would have made it virtually impossible to wind back up the string. As she unravelled the string once again she noticed a young girl sitting by the tree and as she hadn't met many of the first years yet, decided it was high time she introduced herself to one of them at least.

"Hi there. Mind if I sit here with you?" she smiled at the girl, hoping she wasn't interupting any great study session.

Callan was in the midst of a very boring part in her book, it almost made her fall asleep. A few minutes later, her eye lids heavy, she nodded off. She jumped when she heard a voice very close to her.

"Oh, hello!" Callan smiled. "Sure, I don't mind!"

Andromeda gave what she considered her friendliest smile though not having ever seen herself smiling, she wasn't sure if she looked genuine enough or not. She plonked herself down beside the girl and crossed her legs as if she were about to perform some yoga chant.

"I'm Andromeda by the way, what's your name?" she held out her hand realising it would seem like an overly formal gesture but thought it was still friendly enough as well. Andromeda felt as if she had sequestered herself away already way too long in the library and common room doing homework and studying. Her social skills seemed rather rusty.

Callan smiled and said, "I like your name Andromeda!" Callan couldn't help but wonder how that name came about, it was very nice. "I'm Callan," she smiled, taking Andromeda's hand. "What house are you in?"

"Oh I like that Callan. You don't happen to know where it originated from do you? It sounds Scottish but I could be wrong, I like the way it just sort of rolls off your tongue, I've been told mine is a mouth full altogether" she smiled making herself more comfortable, "I'm Gryffindor, a second year. How about you what house did you get sorted to?"

"I've been told it's Irish, but it may very well be Scottish," Callan replied. "I'm a Ravenclaw," she stated, a hint of pride in her voice. "I really like it here, but you're really the only person I've had a conversation with other than the shop assistants."

Andromeda smiled at Callan.
"I'm Irish well half Irish and half Italian, your name is really cool though" she frowned when Callan said she had talked to no one else.
"Really? we'll have to remedy that you know. My bestfriend is in Ravenclaw don't know if you've met her or not, if you had you'd definitely be still talking to her" she smiled thinking of Zuka and her penchant for the obscure and ridiculous. She was probably the most interesting person Andromeda knew.
"what about in your year? have you made any first year friends yet?" Andromeda was beginning to feel bad for the girl who really did seem lovely.

"I really haven't talked to anyone in my year either," Callan said sullenly. "I'm really hoping I make some really good friends while I'm here. I didn't have many back home in Muggle School."

Callan glanced across the lawn, a group of first years were talking and giggling happily. She sighed, "I just have a problem introducing myself to people I think. I don't just go up and say 'Hey! I'm Callan! What's your name?'" She smiled wryly at Andromeda, she was just being silly.

"I could if I wanted to, but I just don't know if I can," Callan ended. "So, anyways, who is your best friend?"

Andromeda leant back against the tree and picking up a weed tried to figure out what it was called, she knew their potions professor had mentioned them before but for the life of her she just couldn't remember.
"Her name is Zazuka Bones, she's completely nutty but totally great. I think most people have that problem Callan. I know all I did for the first few weeks last year was babble my head off like a complete lunatic whenever anyone came near me just out of sheer nerves you know but the more you practise at talking to people the better you get at it" she smiled attempting to cheer the girl up, "I bet those first years are mad jealour because you're talking to one of the coolest people in the school".

Her grin just got wider and wider until eventually she laughed.
"Have you joined any of the clubs? There's a great one called the Friends Finders club, they're having their first meeting later today, promise me you'll come along. I'll be there and so will loads of others. You won't be left out and you really will make lots of friends there".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back