Single
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Olive Wood 15" Core of Aethonan Feather
When you set out on your journey to Ithaca,
pray that the road is long.

Ithaca, Giorgos Seferis

You've got to love how sometimes the journey we call life can change so unexpectadly.

A lot of you already know but I thought it should be nice to inform all of you and especially to those I have ongoing plots with. Military service is still compulsory in my country for males and so, it is my time to serve the army and particularly our atrillery. My decision to pause my studies and take this bold step has nothing to do with the situation in Syria. The catalyst was that many of my friends were going to serve this period of time and I decided it was better for me to get through this experience while having companions by my side.

So by tomorrow, my life will be slightly different. No more anxiety about classes, assignments, etc. It will be quite disciplined for the rest nine months, with both physical and psychological fatigue. Roleplaying will sink somewhere at the bottom of my priorities at least for the first month of my training. Even if I have access to Internet and PCs, I'm not sure I will have the appetite to devote myself. So I would like to share an apology to all of you I was roleplaying with and I'll have to pause our plots. I see the brightest side of this event. Enough time to clear my head, gather inspiration and return with new ideas.

I'll try to post for now my character's classes and eventually I might be able to return back to my plots. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to continue posting flying classes as well. If I see that I have the facility to keep posting classes, I'll inform the administrators. For anything else, my inbox will be welcoming your messages.

Peace to all of you and take care of yourselves.

Liam

Liam.
I know this has been coming for a while but that doesn't really prepare me for this post even though I have been keeping an eye out for it for a few weeks and I am sure you are even less prepared to post it. I wish you all the best over the next nine months. I wish you safety and good health, and that you meet some great people along the way.
You don't need to apologise for not rping I don't know about everyone else but I wouldn't expect you to when you have so much more important things happening. But when you get back maybe we can start on the plot we have been planning for a while. ;)

Just stay safe and happy. And see you in a few months.
Mia :mia: :hug:

Hey Liam,

As much as I hate seeing when people have to leave the site for whatever reason, I think you are indeed a great person, I hope that it isn't all fatigue and that somewhere along the way, you get to have some fun. It will be great to see you around the board again soon.

:hug: Teigan.

Liam,

Thank you for sharing this information with all of us. I wish you the best of luck as you serve your country. :)
I hope that you have some interesting experiences throughout your military service and that it isn't too physically or psychologically fatiguing.

Buena Suerte,

Cyndi

Hey all! How have you been doing? :)

I've missed the site and roleplaying but after half a month away I'm slowly preparing for my return.
So far serving the army has been a far more interesting experience than I have expected. It truly makes you appreciate the small things in life you usually take for granted. I also had to live and cooperate with people of different walks of life, people I would normally not hang out but I came to respect their ways/choices etc.

So after my initial training I'm waiting to be transferred to my permanent base which fortunately would be close to my hometown, meaning I'll be able to night stop at my house and therefore have my laptop and internet. :party:

Since I have two more weeks from my transferring from the greek-turkish borders to the mainland, I won't be that active. I have three days off because of national holidays here and I'll try first to catch up with classes. If I have enough time I might reply to paused roleplays but I can't promised anything. My inbox however will be waiting for ideas for future plots. Two weeks are not that much time after all. ;)

It's good to be back.

Liam

Liam! :hug:
It's good to see you've been having a good experience, a chance to grow I see. It's also great to see that you're coming back. We've missed you, mate.
~Tenilee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back