Californian Rays

The man blinked, looked at Austin, back at the girl, then back at Austin. After a few moments he smirked and gave the young man a thumbs up, wiggling his eyebrows. "Austin, son, good catch!" Austin in turn flushed bright red and growled out of embarrassment, and from there it was clear who the man indeed was. "Nice to meet you Amanda, I'm this boy's father, Cayden Kirkland." It seemed as if the serious demeanor had melted away and left one that was unexpected based off of his frown-lined face and stressed bags under his eyes, but at the same time, it was easy to tell that Cayden was where Austin got his personality from.

Amanda was a bit nervous as to what the man was going to say. But she cracked up when she heard what his father said. It wasn't him that had the good catch, she was the one who had the amazing catch. The brunette laughed, smiling at the man, he was a reflection image, but older looking.

Austin growled at his dad, still bright red. His parents always did that, even if the girl wasn't a good catch. He was just lucky that his mother wasn't there. That would make it even worse. Even if the pair were exes, they were still friends. It was an awkward sight to anyone outside the family, but if they were seen together. one would guess that they were siblings. Cayden in turn just shrugged and went back downstairs, pleased that he had done his job well enough to embarrass him so easily.

Amanda looked over at Austin who didn't seem to impressed, and winked at him. The brunette walked over to him and pit her arms around his neck, he was quite a bit taller than her so it worked out to her advantage. Amanda just snuggled her face into his chest and took a deep breath. "I'm the one who got an amazing catch." She said, muffled on his chest.

Austin grinned softly to himself, petting Amanda's hair and whistling a tune. It was then that his gaze averted to the window, and he saw the now near-black surroundings. He didn't want Amanda to be alone at this time of night, and as far as he could think, apparetion was out of the question. Yet at the same time he didn't want to seem creepy to ask her to stay the night.. But, he had to. "Hey babe, it's really late.. Maybe you should stay over."

Amanda sighed and looked out the window, it was so dark out. The brunette really didn't want to go; she wanted to spend every waking moment that she could with Austin. But she was a bit surprised when he asked her to sleepover. Of course she was going to say yes. " That would be amazing love." Amanda smiled at him.

"Good." Austin gave a smile, kissing her head. "I'll see if I have any pajamas that would fit you okay?" He wanted to make sure that this was a nice night, time that they could look back on and smile at. Then he put her to the side, got up, and then walked out of the room, about to go into the attic to look at the clothes he had outgrown long ago. Though he didn't want to leaver her, she did need clothes.

OOCOut of Character:
Maybe it's time for the thread where she tells him the news? :)

Amanda smiled, she'd never spent an evening at a guys house. Of course she had many sleepovers with her friends but not with guys. But Austin was a guy; he was the guy. The brunette nodded at Austin and winked at hi before he left.
OOCOut of Character:
Yes! I think I'll start the other thread in the morning! This is just getting too good ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back