Californian Rays

Amanda Finnigan

Amanda walked aimlessly around her sister's Californian home, it was big enough for her to do a lap around and then some. Since Caysi was spending most of her time with Jacob and getting ready for the baby and wedding, Amanda offered that she take care of the house on the weekends since she would be around seeing Austin anyway. Her sister didn't mind which surprised her, she would've thought that Caysi would think that there was going to be some huge party and that the whole Florida was invited. The brunette tied her long hair up and walked out of the house, Austin's house was a bit far so apparating would be the right choice in this situation.

Austin had a pretty nice house, it was really wonderful. The slim girl walked up the steps and knocked on the door, waiting for her boyfriend to answer it.

Austin was at home, completely exhausted and not so happy with his siblings. They were both fully dressed, chipper, and totally energized. Austin on the other hand was still in pajamas. Of course they pointed this out with a laugh and guffaw, much to their brother's expense. He hadn't even began to think that it was the weekend, and if Amanda had informed him of a visiting day he forgot about it completely. In fact, when she had knocked on the door, he had gotten up and shuffled to the door lazily, opening it and then shutting it closed again right before running to his room to get changed and make himself look nice. Why did things like that always happen to him? Well now the only thing being heard were the slamming of doors and also Sydney's cackling laughter from the kitchen.

Kobi, affectionately nicknamed 'Tas' (short for Tasmanian devil) opened the door again and laughed a little, rubbing the nape of his neck out of embarrassment for his whole family. "...Uh hey, can I help you out? Sorry about him."

Amanda looked around at the front of the house, it was very nice and seemed like a good family home. The brunette was about to speak when Austin opened the door, but he quickly shut it. She laughed and lowered her head, that was quite confusing but she was sure that he would explain. Amanda looked up at the guy who opened the door, " No worries, I'm actually here to see Austin.." Amanda had a cheeky grin on her face. " I'm Amanda." The brunette widended her smile, maybe Austin had told them something about her so she wouldn't have a family awkward moment.
OOCOut of Character:
Sorry for the late reply! :)

OOCOut of Character:
Same :doh: I had a surprise vacation.

Austin rushed down the stairs lazily dressed and relaxed, hair not even gelled as it usually was, just to prevent Kobi from saying anything stupid. That happened many, many times before, and it was up to Austin to stop it. "Amanda! Hey! Uh... Amanda this is my brother Tas, er.. Kobi. Whatever let's just go into my room okay? Okay." The boy (in his usually rushed manner) took her hand and directed her to his room without another thought. The room was slightly untidy, but not anything that couldn't be fixed within two minutes or so. Sheet music and a teeshirt were spread lazily on the floor, as well as an empty coffee cup on his nightstand. He flushed a little out of embarrassment and turned to his girlfriend, smiling. "Sorry that I look totally cruddy.."

Amanda had a nice but very short conversation with the boy until Austin came down the stairs. " It was nice to meet you." She smiled, and followed the direction that Austin lead her hand in. His house was very nice, from the outside you could tell though. " Don't worry about it, I think you still look good." Amanda gave him a quick peck on the cheek. The brunette didn't care about his room or anything, she was just happy spending time with him. " There must be some more family that I have to meet." She said excitedly to her boyfriend.

OOCOut of Character:
I'm such a bad person for replying so late :doh:

Austin took her in his arms and held her tight, kissing her cheek and rocking side to side. "I honestly don't want you to meet my family, all of the sane ones are in France right now.." That was true, his mother was in France. The other people in his family, as far as he was concerned, were very embarrassing and he didn't want to risk making a fool of himself with Amanda there. After all, this was his girlfriend! He was supposed to be a cool guy with a cool family. Though, so much for that... With the earlier events of the day, that was pretty much killed. They always made things worse for him on purpose. But the thing was, it would often lead to the ending of relationships. He didn't want that.

Amanda took hold of Austin's embrace. He was the one that always made her laugh. The brunette smiled, having a short laugh, " And you think that my family is exactly sane?" She raised her eyebrow, laughing. " My families far from sane, we're loonatics!" She put her palm to her forehead. " If I only told you some of the things that we do.." The tanned girl shook her head, laughing whilst having the huggest grin on her face.

OOCOut of Character:
That's ok :)

"Kobi once put a rattle snake in my bed because it was 'a fun experiment.'" Austin countered, trying to restrain the urge to just laugh. Though he was interested when she told him that her family was nuts. She didn't seem to be loony, but hey, who knew? "Tell me more, babe." He laughed and fell on his bed, situating her in his lap and preparing to hear some outlandish story. And yet, he didn't mind at all. It was interesting to see what her family was like.

Amanda had no choice but to laugh at what her boyfriend had said. Rattle snakes? Pretty classic and funny. The brunette sat herself on the guys lap and thought of some stories. " Daniel bleached my once while I was sleeping, my father nearly killed him." She shook her head, laughing. " Caysi and Elise once set the kitchen on fire, Kevin came in with the hose and soaked the whole kitchen and living room." The brunette was nearly crying of laughter, it was the funniest thing ever. " And the best one has to be when Daniel and Mark were trying to get out of the house by tying the bed sheets up and throwing it out the window. Daniel got his foot caught it in which made him dangle infront of the window, Mark fell straight into the garden because he missed a knot. Somehow the whole thing came crashing down and they managed to break part of a window." The brunette laughed, holding her stomach because it now hurt. " Do you have any more stories?" She asked him, hoping that he did.

Austin laughed and laughed, his face turning pink. That was one of the funniest things he had ever heard. After all that was a pretty ridiculous occurrence. It seemed like an interesting family. "Well, I'm kind of horrible for doing this.. But on my sister's birthday, when she was due for her letter, I told her that she was an adopted muggle."He snickered. "She believed me, and started crying." Austin paused for a second. "But that's not funny of course... The funny part was that she ended up breaking every glass in the house she was so mad.. She didn't even touch anything. Then she realized it was a joke and got Kobi to beat me up... Oh! And then there was that time that my mom was convinced I was a squib, and tried to teach me a spell without having me realizing it." He thought more and more, chuckling.

Amanda laughed at everything he said, it was just too funny. " I never thought of doing that to my siblings." She said, reffering to the letter incident. That after all was a very smart idea. " Our families are just too funny." She wiped her eyes from the tears that accumulated from the laughter. The brunette pushed her hair back, " I have a scar on neck from Kevin throwing a pan at me when I was five." Amanda laughed, rubbing her stomach to stop it from hurting.

"Hm... I wonder what would happen if our families combined." Austin laughed, but then his voice hitched. Did he really just say that? In his head he hadn't thought of what that meant, necessarily, but now he thought of that. All the while he tried to laugh it off, kissing the scar. "Well.. U-Um.. That wasn't very nice.." That wasn't very nice!? What was wrong with him? He was just digging his pit of awkwardness deeper and deeper with every single word spoken to Amanda. His face was bright as a tomato, much to his distaste.

Amanda laughed, throwing her head backwards; that was funny. It would be interesting to see if the families really did combine. " I think that it would be very interesting actually, one big @$$ family that would cause havoc every single day." She smiled, kissing his forehead. " You don't have to feel uncomfortable around me. Just be yourself." She lifted his face and gave him a kiss on the lips.

Austin grinned as he usually did with the girl, and rested on her shoulder. "Well, you be yourself too okay?" It was nice to feel accepted in that way, and he was definitely going to show her that he was pleased with that statement. "Pretty girls just make me a nervous wreck, what can I say?" With that he smirked and gave her a quick, tight hug. "Anyway, my dad should be coming home from work soon enough I think." Though he was never sure. His schedule was always inconsistent.

The brunette nodded, " I'm just a nervous wreck around handsome men." She winked and kissed his forehead, which was pleasntley close to her. " Oh, I'm excited to meet him, I can't wait." Amanda gave him a huge grin. " Wait till you meet my family, you're going to loose your voice with how many there are of them." The brunette giggled, pulling her hair back.

"Yeah.. This is my first dad by the way, not my step-dad." Austin disliked his step-father, he was just too eerie and a tad creepy for his taste. As for his mom, well, he was a mother's boy. He just rarely saw her now that he was working and doing his own thing. "And I can't wait to meet all of your family.. You know why?" A smirk spread across his face and he pecked Amanda's lips. "One day they're going to be my family too."

Amanda nodded taking note of the father situation. She really liked the woman that her father was dating, she was nice and wonderful. " I love the sound of that, it gets me all excited." Amanda put her fingers through his blonde hair, it was so smooth and nice.

Austin laughed and kept his face close to the other's, humming happily. "What? The fact that I've been a dork and planned out our future?" He felt like a teenage girl admitting that, but hey, he couldn't help it. After all he had fallen head over heels for Amanda, not even thinking that he would when they first dated. He didn't trust easily, but now that was different.

Amanda gave him a sweet smile, " You thunk that I haven't planned anything out?" , she laughed softly. She'd never really been attracted to someone like this before. Austin was like a magnet, they both attracted. Amanda winked at him, Austin is the love of her life.

"Mmm... What do you have in mind for us then?" Austin laughed a little and kept her close to him, kissing her nose. He was slightly interested to hear this, after all he wanted to compare it to what he had thought up for the both of them... Plus, he was coming up with a slight career change. He didn't want to sing much anymore, it had become tedious.

The brunette smiled and looked straight into his light blue eyes, " Well I see us getting married on the beach of course. We have a nice house here in California, have a few vacation homes, kids will come later. But other than that we have a picture perfect life." Amanda gave him a quick kiss on the lips.

Austin smiled and kissed her lips one more time after that, but didn't break eye contact with her. "Hm... Beach wedding, I love that. California home, love that too... How does one or two kids sound to you? Or do you want a big family?" He could be happy with either, after all they both came from big families, that wouldn't be a problem. It would be fun and crazy. At the same time a small family could've been nice.

The brunette put her arms around Austin and kissed him back. She didn't really think much about the kid situation, but a few kids was nice. " I was hoping for maybe three or four, just enough for us to handle." She smirked at him, laughing. They both had pretty big families so they could handle anything.

"Hm... That sounds good." Austin nodded and kissed her nose, enjoying both her laughter and the closeness. This day was working out better than he expected.
But just then, footsteps were heard racing up the stairwell, and a man opened up the door. "Austin- Oh... Hello there." The man looked as if he could be an older version of Austin, and yet seemed different at the same time. He was a lot more calm for one, and also, he seemed more serious.

The brunette smiled, just looking into his eyes. She could look at them all day and still get lost in them. Amanda heard someone open the door, she immideatley took her arms off Austin and stood up. " Oh hi there, I'm Amanda, it's nice to meet you." She greeted the man that looked a lot like Austin. But he did look serious, was he going to get mad at Austin for having her up here? The brunette looked back at Austin, hoping that he wouldn't get in trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back