California Dreamin'

Sean smiled as he heard his son come into the house. He put down his newspaper and stood as he saw Cameron and his girlfriend walk into the room. He smiled warmly at the pair. "Hello you two." he said walking over to hug his son. Then he turned to the girl. Sean beamed at her. "And you my dear must be Marleigh. Its a pleasure to meet you. I'm Sean." he said, in his thick southern drawl.

She snorted at Cam's remark before she let him lead her into his father's house. Butterflies began to do a number on her stomach especially when his dad came over to greet the two of them. Marleigh's cheeks tinged pink and she smiled brightly at the man. "Yessir. That would be me. It's so nice to meet you finally," she said, thankful that here of all places her accent didn't stick out like a sore thumb.

Sean smiled kindly at Marleigh as he discovered her Southern accent. He didn't think his son had mentioned that part about the girl He beamed at her. "I see you are from the Southern states?" he asked her. "And please call me Sean. None of that sir stuff here." he said with a crooked grin, much like his son's. "Please come sit." he said motioning the pair to the sofa. "Can I get you anything?" he asked.

Cameron smiled at his dad and hugged him back. "Hey dad. Hows it going?" he said as a greeting. Cam squeezed Marleigh's hand as his dad addressed her. He smiled as his dad treated his girlfriend just like he expected. Sean was good about making his guests feel like family. Cam lead Marleigh to the couch. He sat down and put his arm around her shoulders. He shook his head at his dad's question. "Nah I'm good. Marleigh?" he asked his girlfriend.

"Yes sir...sorry, I mean Sean. I'm from a town called Taylorsville in North Carolina," Marleigh told the man with a meek grin. She let Cam lead her over to the couch where she sat down next to him, leaning into his body as he put his arm around her. "No thank you. I'm good. You have a lovely home here Sean. It's truly beautiful," Marleigh said as she looked around at the wonderfully decorated home.

Sean beamed at Marleigh. "South Carolina? Really? Fascinating. I'm sure Cam's told you we are from Georgia. If you couldn't already tell." he teased. Their accents usually gave them away. Sean smiled as she complimented the house. "Thank you, though you should see the old plantation house that I inherited from my parents. One day I'm going to fix it up. Its really beautiful there." he told her with a smile.

Cameron watched with interest as Marleigh and his father talked. It was sort of a test of their relationship to this point. This was going to move their relationship to the next level hopefully. Cameron was quite enamored by Marleigh so far in their relationship.

"It's a small little town really. Better not blink or you might miss it," Marleigh joked about her hometown. "I'll tell you when I met Cam in New Zealand and first heard him talk my jaw just about hit the ground. At least I knew then that I wasn't the only one getting odd looks for my accent," she added, giving her boyfriend a light peck on the cheek. She was definitely falling hard and fast for this one. "Oh I'll bet it's absolutely wonderful. I've always loved old plantation homes...so full of history and class."

((Aww I :wub: the banner!!! Taylor Swift song right?))

Cameron grinned as Marleigh pecked him on the cheek. He had heard all this before but it was still nice to hear it again. He had thought very similar thoughts about Marleigh's accent. It was weird how often they ended up on the same train of thought. Weird, but Cam loved it. He gave her a squeeze around the shoulders. "You know, if you like plantation homes so much, why don't I take you there for a weekend trip? The house is still fully furnished and a few people work there to make sure it stays in a nice condition." he offered. Cam knew his dad wouldn't care. Cam had always been trusted to do what he wanted. He also knew that his dad would be so in love with his sweetheart that he would be more than happy.

((Hehe!! Yuppers...I love that song ^_^ ))

Marleigh's entire face lit up. "Oh my gosh, really? I'd love that. If that's okay with your dad of course," she said brightly looking at Cam with a grin on her face. Was she ready for a weekend trip alone with her boyfriend? Of course I am...I'm ready for anything with him she thought to herself with a serene feeling washing over her.

Cameron grinned at his girlfriend as he watched her face light up. He liked surprising her. She got excited over the smallest things and it never ceased to delight him. He kissed her on the cheek. "Are you free next weekend?" he asked her, hoping that she would be.

Sean smiled at the pair. They seemed perfect together. Marleigh was as enchanting as Cameron had told him that she would be. He thought it was a great idea for the pair to go to the plantation house. It would be a nice escape. He beamed at the couple. "I think that sounds like a marvelous idea." he told them.

Marleigh looked from Cameron and then to his father. "Thank you so much Sean. I'm so excited. I'm sure I'll absolutely love it," she said with a grateful smile before looking at Cam and saying, "Actually I am off next weekend. I switched shifts with one of the girls at the restaurant so I'm all yours."

Cameron was pleased with her answer. He had something in mind that he wanted to say to her response only he felt it was better not to since his dad was in the room. It was just a bit of teasing. He grinned at his beautiful girlfriend. "It sounds like we have a weekend date then." he said cheerfully. Just then the clock chimed out. It was really getting late. He squeezed Marleigh's hand. "I suppose we need to go Dad. Its getting late and I have to work in the morning." he said regrettably.

Sean beamed at Marleigh. "Its no problem sweetheart. You are welcome to anything." he told her kindly. Sean looked at his watch. Cameron was right. It was late but he hated to see them go. He stood up. "It is late. I expect to see you two again soon, alright?" he said with a smile.

"It's a date," Marleigh said with a wink. With her hand in Cam's she too stood. They were having such a lovely time and she hated to see it end, but she knew that her boyfriend did have to be at work the following morning. She hugged Sean and said, "Thank you for having me. It's so nice to finally meet you." Slipping her arm around Cam's waist Marleigh said, "I'll make sure we come to visit again soon," she looked up to her boyfriend and asked, "You ready?"

Cameron nodded to his girlfriend. He never ceased to be amazed by her. He kissed her on the cheek before stepping away. He gave his dad a hug. "We'll be back in no time. You need to cook for Marleigh. She would be amazed at your home cookin." he said with a wink back at her. "Love you dad. See ya later." he said before wrapping his arms around Marleigh. "Lets go." he told her with an affectionate smile.

Sean hugged Marleigh. "It was nice to meet you too darlin. Come back anytime." he said warmly. He hugged his son and laughed. "I'll be delighted to cook for her. It will be just like being home." he told her, laughing again. "Love you too son. Be careful traveling." he warned Cam as he watched the pair walk back to the front door.

"I'd like that. Nothing better than home cookin'," Marleigh said as she watched the exchange between Cam and his dad. It was heart warming and she wished could be more like that with her own family. Once they were out of the house and said their final goodbyes Marleigh wrapped her arms around Cam's neck and kissed him deeply. "Thank you for bringing me tonight. Your dad is absolutely wonderful," she said resting her forehead against his chest.

Cameron said his final goodbye and walked out the door, hand in hand with Marleigh. He grinned crookedly at her as she wrapped her arms around him. Cam kissed her back, pulling her as close to him as possible. He hugged her tightly as she put her forehead on his chest. "I'm glad you liked it. Dad loved you. I could tell." he said confidently. How could anyone dislike this pretty, adorable girl?

Cheeks tinging slightly pink Marleigh lifted her head and said, "I hope so. So are we really going next weekend?" She sincerely hoped so, but if they were then she was also extremely nervous. She'd never spent an entire weekend with a male before, at least not alone.

Cameron smiled warmly down at her. He nodded his head. "I would like to. I mean if you want to..." he said slightly unsure. He hadn't ever taken a girl to the Plantation Home. Not even Caysi. Cameron hoped Marleigh wanted to go. It was a beautiful way to spend the weekend.

Marleigh looked up at Cam with a mischevious gleam in her eyes. "Like I said...I'm all your next weekend," she said playfully, kissing him again. Breaking her lock on his lips she said, "You sir need to get home and in bed."

Cameron chuckled as Marleigh told him she was all his. He liked the sound of that. She placed her lips on his. He kissed her back deeply. When they broke apart, Marleigh told him it was time to get home and sleep. He sighed. "Your right love." he told her, kissing the top of her head. "Lets head out." he said, flashing her a crooked grin. He took her by the hand before disapparating.

((Should we start a new thread?))

((Yeah...where at? Do you want to start it or do you want me to start it?))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back