Cameron Kingsley

Former Minister for Magic

OOC First Name
Kait
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Cameron had been dating Marleigh for a little more than three months. He thought it was time he took her to his hometown by the beach. Depending on her feelings, he was considering taking her by his dad's house to meet his dad. With Kiera, Alex, and Katheryn back at school, he knew his dad would be feeling quite alone. Cameron was first taking Marleigh to a nice restaurant located directly on the beach.

Cameron had picked Marleigh up at her house, keeping their date a surprise. He liked to surprise people with nice things but he had told her to dress in a sundress of some type. It was still summer in the States. Cameron was wearing a pair of khaki pants with a white button down shirt. He looked nice and his shirt high lighted his tan skin. Cameron had apparated the two of them to the beach. Cameron sighed as he felt the salt breeze on his face. He could hear the roar of the ocean. He turned to his beautiful girlfriend. "Here we are darlin'. California." he said waiting to see what she would say.

The last three months had been absolutely amazing. Marleigh loved spending every ounce of free time she had with Cameron...he was just too perfect for words. She thought it was a little odd that he'd told her to dress in a sundress, but nonetheless she did. She'd spent all week picking out the perfect dress and finally with Dietrich's help she'd found it. It was mint green and beautiful and she hoped Cameron liked it.

Marleigh held on to Cameron as he apparated them to their destination. When she looked around her she saw that they were on a beach. The breeze coming from the ocean flowed over her and she felt peaceful. It was absolutely breathtaking. She looked up at Cameron and said, "Sweet heavens...it's absolutely brilliant! Oh my goodness Cam. I love it"

Cameron looked at Marleigh appreciatively. She was beautiful in a green sundress, perfect for the restaurant they were heading too. Cameron kept his hand firmly around her waist. He couldn't help but grin as she said that she loved it. "I'm glad you like it. This is where we moved after we left Georgia. My dad's house is about 15 minutes out from town." he told her. It pleased him to do things that she enjoyed. Cameron hugged his girlfriend tightly before releasing her. He kissed her gently on the lips. "You look beautiful tonight." he told her, his voice like velvet.

With the exception of New Zealand, Marleigh had never been anywhere other than the East Coast. She'd always dreamed of going to California, secretly hoping that someone would discover her music and one day she might become a big name. She kissed Cameron back enthusiastically. Grinning up at him Marleigh said, "Thanks. You're not looking so bad yourself." She tugged lightly at the front of this shirt, pulling him closer to her and kissed him again. "So what part of California are we in?"

Cameron flashed Marleigh his famous crooked grin as she said that he wasn't looking to bad. He ran his hand through his hair and puffed his chest up. "I try.." he said with a sigh. It was all just an act though. He laughed as she tugged at his shirt. Cam gave in willingly, wrapping both of his arms around her lower back. He kissed her deeply. He broke away to answer her previous question. "We are in Southern California. Not too far from LA." he told her.

Marleigh got a wild twinkle in her eye. "This is awesome! I've never been here before," she said a little over zealously, knowing how dorky she must have sounded. Pulling herself back in from her excitement she asked a bit sheepishly, "So, um, where to now?"

Cameron smiled at the girl, very pleased that she was so excited. "You like seafood right?" he said, double checking. "There is an excellent little restaurant on the beach down here that over looks the ocean. Its famous for its seafood but they do have other things that you can eat instead." he told her, moving away slightly. He took her hand in his. He began to walk towards the restaurant. He could see it's lights twinkling in the distance. A moment of silent passed. Cam decided that he might as well bring up the subject of his dad now. "Babe, how would you feel about going to my house after dinner?" he asked.

"Love it," Marleigh said with a grin. She let Cameron take her hand and lead her down to the restaurant. Then he dropped the ball. "You mean like...oh gosh, to like to where your dad lives? Oh, yeah, um sure. I'd like that," she stammered, finally getting out what she was trying to say. Thinking about it for a minute Marleigh figured that they had been together long enough for her to meet his father which had her tripping out a little bit seeing as she'd never gotten to this level with anyone else before.

((Heading to bed, but will post again in the morning!!))

Cameron was glad when she said she did like seafood. This place he was taking her was a local place and the best one in his opinion. Cameron couldn't help but grin as she stammered across her words, sounding nervous at the thought of meeting his father. Cameron's dad was a pretty cool guy. He thought Marleigh would like him. Cam gave her hand a little squeeze. "Yes, Dad's been pestering me to bring you around so I thought tonight would be a nice night since we are so close." he said explaining his thoughts. "But if you don't feel comfortable with that we don't have to go." he assured her, not wanting to make her do anything she didn't want to do.

Butterflies starting jumping around in Marleigh's stomach, but when Cam squeezed her hand everything melted away. If this was what he wanted the Marleigh would happily oblige and she could tell by the look on his face that this would make him happy. Grinning brightly she said, "I'd love to meet your dad." Marleigh knew that meeting the rents was usually a serious step which made her nervous and excited all at the same time. She knew in her heart that she was definitely ready to take things to the next level with Cameron and maybe this was his way of letting her know that he was ready too/

Cameron grinned at Marleigh as she said that she would love to meet his dad. "I hoped you would say that." he said giving her a quick kiss on the cheek. They had reached the restaurant stairs and Cam lead Marleigh up them. He opened the door and held it open for her to enter before them. He went to have a short conversation with the hostess before the two of them were lead to a table along the wall of glass. It had a perfect view of the sunset, ocean, and beach. Cameron flashed Marleigh a grin. "What do you think love?" he asked her.

When they were seated at a table with an absolutely breathtaking view Cameron asked her what she thought. Marleigh looked out over the Pacific Ocean and then back to the wonderful guy that she was lucky enough to call her own. "I think I love it here. And being here with you only makes it that much more perfect," she said honestly.

Cameron smiled back at his sweet girlfriend. "I'm glad. I wanted to take you somewhere you had never been before." he told her reaching across the table to hold her hand. He noticed the waiter about to come over. "Are you ready to order?" he asked her.

Marleigh nodded when Cameron asked if she was ready to order. When the waiter came over she smiled politely at him and said, "I'd like the broiled shrimp with crabcakes please and a sweet tea!" She looked to Cam when she was done to see what he would order. When the waiter had taken their menus she said sweetly, "Thank you so much for bringing me here! I can't think of any place more romantic than here on the beach and I can't think of anyone I'd rather be with!"

Cameron watched with interest as Marleigh ordered. He was pleased that she did enjoy seafood. He couldn't help but grin as she ordered a sweet tea. He loved that his girlfriend was from the South. He turned to the waiter. "I will have the Red Snapper Fancesse as well as a sweet tea." He said before handing the menu over. Cameron turned back to Marleigh as she complimented the evening once again. His chest swelled with pride. "It is all for you." he told her sweetly.

Blushing at what he said to her Marleigh looked out at the view. The sun was setting now across the Pacific casting beautiful colors across the surface of the sea. The food arrived and it was sinfully delicious. "Wow, this is really good! How'd you find this place," she asked popping another bite of her crabcakes in her mouth. She took a sip of her tea which was okay, but by her standards wasn't true sweet tea...of course very few could make sweet tea the way it was done in the South.

Cameron thanked the waiter as he brought them their food. It looked amazingly delicious. He ate it all, watching Marleigh making sure everything was to her liking. He grinned as she said it was really good. "My dad found it through one of his clients. Ever since we moved, he has brought us out her every so often." he told her with a smile. The waiter came back with the check. Cameron smoothly paid before finishing his meal.

"You know you don't always have to pay. It's not going to kill me to pay for my own stuff," she said with an appreciative smile. This was the one thing that Marleigh still hadn't gotten used to. For so long she'd been used to paying for everything all on her own, even when she was still in school. It was one of the things that she'd just pinned as a fact of life and she'd always worked hard to earn her own money.

Cameron smirked at his charming girlfriend as she said he didn't have to pay. She was very, very wrong on that subject. He did have to pay and he wanted to pay. He was making more than enough money to afford to buy her anything she wanted. Cam loved to give gifts to people he cared about. Cameron just shook his head. "Darlin' what kind of gentleman would I be if I let you pay? Not to mention I want to pay for you." he said, giving her a crooked grin.

"You're always a perfect gentleman so no need to worry about that. I'm just saying I don't mind having to pay every now and then," Marleigh said crinkling her nose up at her boyfriend and chuckling a little bit. "So does your dad know we're coming to visit?"

Cameron stood up from the table. He smiled warmly down at his girlfriend as he offered her his hand. "And I'm saying you never have to worry about paying. I want to do that for you." he told her as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. Cameron chuckled as she asked if his dad knew they were coming. "I mentioned we might stop by. Don't worry. He is going to be just as amazed by you as I am." he told her with a wink.

Marleigh smiled up at him and took his hand. When he said that his dad knew that they might be coming she felt like she was going to come out of her skin. "I hope so. How do I look? Oh man was this dress appropriate enough to wear to meet your dad? You know I'm going to strangle you for this right," Marleigh joked as she squeezed his hand nervously.

Cameron chuckled as she asked all these questions. "Don't worry babe. You look beautiful." he assured her with a kiss on her check as they left the restaurant. "You can strangle me all you want after we see my dad." he said with a wink. As soon as they were under the cover of the night, Cameron apparated them to his house. He looked up at it with all the lights on, as if expecting company. Cam squeezed Marleigh's hand. "Are you ready for this?" he asked her with a grin.

Marleigh grinned when Cam told her she looked beautiful. "Oh I'm definitely going to get my hands on you once we leave your dads," she said with a sly little smirk on her face and a wink. Cameron apparated them to what Marleigh could only assume was his fathers home. "Um, hmm," she stammered until she finally found her courage and said confidently, "Yes I am."

Cameron laughed as Marleigh said she was going to get her hands on him when they left. "I can only hope so." he said with a wink. "Come on then." he said, leading her by the hand. When they reached the door, Cam opened it and went inside. "Dad?" he asked as he headed towards the main living room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back