Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence Of Hair From The Mane Of A Unicorn
Today was Violet's sixteenth birthday. Oddly enough, despite sixteen being such a big age - she could now sing 'I Am Sixteen Going On Seventeen' from The Sound Of Music, for one - Violet most definately did not want to make a show of her birthday. She wanted a quiet affair. And if people she knew saw her, they could join her if they wanted. But if not, then that was fine too. She needed it to be relaxed, though.
Because now that she was entering OWL year, Violet was starting to feel stressed and anxious. Those two words were very ominous for Violet. For she had never been particuarly strong, especially not in the heart (although what physical strength she may have lacked she more than made up for with emotional strength), but now that she was starting to feel the stress, Violet was beginning to worry. And worry led to anxiety. And anxiety led to shortness of breath and quickening of pulse. And if that anxiety got a little too strong...
Just thinking about that nearly made her anxious. So, deciding to forget about it for the moment, Violet looked at the cake in front of her, situated neatly in a container on her blanket. It was a small chocolate cake, a chocolate brownie like cake with raspberries on and in it. Her favourite. Smiling to herself, Violet cut herself a small slice as she hummed 'Happy Birthday' to herself, and then took a bite out of the cake. "Mmm." Replacing the lid on the container, Violet looked up at the afternoon sky - she had had classes earlier in the day, and this was her first chance to get outside.
Sixteen may have been a momentous age, but seventeen would be the eventful one. And eighteen, back home.

Lucy was walking through the gardens, whistling to herself (a little off-key, of course). Back at Hogwarts, and the start of her second year was much better than the start of her first year, although she still, naturally, had doubts about whether she actually belonged there. But she was getting used to the idea and she was starting to see herself as a part of the school. She'd never really been a part of anything before.
The same went for family. Lucy only had her mother, and occaisionally her grandmother, but mostly just her mother. She had never had siblings - she had half-brothers and sisters, but she didn't know them because they were her father's children and he never really expressed much desire to have his first daughter and his other children get to know each other. So it had always been just Lucy, always keeping to herself, never opening up to others.
But in the last year, she'd been thrown in to the company of her neighbours - specifically the two elder children, Violet and Angus. They were a couple of years older than her, but they treated her like she was one of them. Especially Violet. The older girl always tried to look out for her, even if they were in different houses and years. Lucy was very grateful. It was like they were sisters, or at least cousins.
Noticing Violet herself seated in the gardens, Lucy rushed over to join her. "Hey, happy birthday!" she exclaimed. Indeed, her purpose today had been to find the Hufflepuff prefect and wish her a happy birthday. "Sweet sixteen," she added with a wink, before she pulled a gift out of her bag. "I got you a present," she explained, awkwardly, as she sank to the ground near her friend. Lucy (and her mother) had bought her a pretty muggle notebook and pen. "Just something small, thought you might like it."

Andy wandered down to the gardens simply for a stroll when she saw Violet. The closer she got she heard her hum a tune and realized it was the birthday song. Andy shook her head, one of these years she really must remember Violets birthday before the event. She would make sure to get her something at the next Brightstone weekend.
"Hey there Vi" she smiled to her as she now stood infront of her, "Happy Birthday, sorry I forgot again this year. I will remember some time I promise". She smiled at the other girl there but didn't recognise her at all.
"Hi I'm Andy"

She took off her coat and placed it on the ground beside Violet and looked about the garden it was still beautiful.
"so how was your vacation?" she asked her, wondering if Aries had mentioned the two meeting up and she had forgotten.

Aries walked quietly over to where Violet was settled on a blanket, he smiled when he saw her and though he also saw Andy sitting down beside her was glad of this. Often thinking that his girlfriend spent way too much time with him, not that he minded in the slightest but he didn't want to appear as if he monopolised all her time. He had a large pink box behind his back and when he knelt down infront of her smiled before leaning forward and kissing her gently.
"Happy 16th Birthday" he stared into her eyes and felt the old familiar feeling of being at home and of getting lost in them all at the same time. He removed the box from his back and passed it to her.
"It's not as elaborate as last years but hopefully you'll still like it".

(you know the drill just click on box ;) )

((ya know, that's never going to cease to amaze me))

Looking up right as she stuffed a large chunk of chocolate cake in to her mouth, Violet gave an awkward wave as she saw Lucy. Managing to swallow the piece, Violet cleared her throat and gave the younger girl a small hug. Lucy was so quiet and shy, just like Violet had been, although perhaps a little more aloof. Still, Violet liked Lucy. Since they lived next door to one another, and since Lucy's mum had asked Violet - just quietly - to keep an extra eye out for Lucy, Violet had come to regard the young Ravenclaw as something like family. Her actual cousin Charlotte was attending Hogwarts New Zealand too, this year, but Charlotte would surely do fine for herself. Violet had more to worry about with Lucy. "Hey!" she said, happily. "Aw, you didn't have to get me anything," she added, a little embarassed. "Cake?" she offered, cutting Lucy a slice before she saw that Andy had come to join them. "Hey Andy! It's okay," she smiled. "Your birthday's soon too, right?" she added, remembering it was soon after her own. Remembering that Lucy was painfully shy around people she didn't know, Violet playfully nudged her Ravenclaw friend. "Andy, this is Lucy. She's my neighbour back in Brisbane and she's like family, in a way," she smiled, looking over at Lucy who seemed to be preoccupied with looking at the ground. As her boyfriend came to join her, Violet smiled even brighter. "Lucy, have you met Aries? He's a Ravenclaw sixth year. Probably heard me talking about him enough," she joked, before kissing him back. Self-consciously, Violet opened her presents from Lucy and from Aries, beaming as she saw the teddy bear that Aries had given her. "Aw, that's so cute!" she exclaimed, gently seating the bear in her lap. "Do you two want some cake? I can't eat this all myself..."

((godmodding of my own character approved, of course. ;) ))

Lucy gratefully accepted the cake and was about to ask Violet about what fifth year was like and how classes were, that is when some other people arrived. Biting her lip, Lucy looked down. She had always been painfully shy, and some mistook that for being snobbish, when really it was that Lucy was too scared to talk to people, most of the time. She was still kind of scared of talking to Angus. It had just happened that her mum had dragged her over to meet the neighbours and Violet had been exceptionally kind and gentle to her, and so they had become friends. The only other real friend Lucy had was Landon, and she hadn't had a chance to talk to him properly this year, aside from rushed greetings in class. Aside from them, Lucy barely spoke to anyone else. Sure, she was gradually becoming more outgoing and less shy, but still, around people she didn't know, Lucy froze up. "Hi," she said quietly, not taking her eyes away from the cake in her hands. She knew it wasn't a good look, but honestly, Lucy was seriously lacking in courage. Not to mention social skills.

Andy smiled at the other girl before Aries came over to join them. She looked away as he kissed Violet and gave her a present and hoped that the other musketeer wasn't going to accidentally come along as well.
"Hi Lucy, Ravenclaw right. What year are you in?" she grinned as she turned to see the gifts Violet got and gushed over the bear, "Yah my birthday is in another few days and I so want one of them"

She was also well aware that there wasn't a solitary person other than her friends who would be getting her cuddly toys, not the same as getting one from a boyfriend. She refused to think about Bruin though this was once again where her mind drifted. It was almost as if he was permanently tattooed within her and she simply couldn't get rid of him.

Aries was glad she seemed to like the bear and would have quite happily continued to kiss her but she already had company. He turned to sit beside her draping a hand around Violet's shoulders.
"Hi Lucy, hey Andy" he nodded his head at the mention of some cake instantly, "You know the way to this guys heart that's for sure".

He picked up a slice of chocolate cake and took a bite, nearly oohing and aaahing afterwards.
"Now that is delicious, is it homemade?" it didn't take him long to finish the slice, licking his lips he leaned towards her once more and kissed her cheek.
"Now I could do more of that but don't think these two would like it very much. Oh and Andy, Fenton is on his way down, just to give you the heads up".

He turned back to Violet as he licked the chocolate from his fingers.
"He's dying to meet you".

"Hah, yep, my mum made it," Violet said, nodding. "She's pretty good in the kitchen. I've tried making cakes but they've never turned out quite as good as my mums," she admitted, colouring a little but shrugging it off. "A girl can't be good at everything," she said with a wink, laughing as she did so.

She was interested as to why Andy would need a heads up to Fenton coming to join them, but she supposed they must have had a falling out or something. "Really?" she asked, tilting her head to the side, slightly. "You haven't gone telling him exaggurations now, have you?" Violet said, shaking her head, before turning to look at Andy. "Would he?" she asked, as if requiring confirmation.

Andy frowned at first but covered it up she wasn't going to let Fenton muck up her free time and time hanging out with Violet on her birthday, it seemed to be the only time she ever got to hang out with her these days.
"Aries has talked the ear off of us all vacation long, if I tried to do something it was a case of 'Oh Violet could do that no problem, you should ask her to show you' or 'Violet would have finished that in half the time it takes you' or my personal favorite was .. 'why can't you be as sweet as Vi in the mornings or any other time?'" she stuck her tongue out at Aries one of her surrogate brothers as she reached for a slice of the birthday cake.

"But I'm sure none of it was exagerration and if ... Fenton... is all in your face, blame your lover boy here".

She looked up to see a familiar and highly unwanted figure approaching.

Aries tossed a clump of grass at Andromeda before wagging a finger in her direction.
"Be careful you or I'll set Fenton on you" he teased, he squeezed Violet's shoulder gently, "I would never exagerrate, just telling it like it is. Now... what were you up to this vacation when you weren't spending it in the crook of my arm?"
He knew his teasing would embarrass her but she was well used to him by now and where she was concerned he would never change. Aries looked to where Andy was looking and nudged Violet gently.
"Here he comes, I can't wait for you to meet him" his bestfriend was heading towards them and though Fenton and Andy were still at loggerheads he hoped they would both just let it lie until they were away from Violet at least.

Fenton walked across the gardens to the tiny island of people, he could see Aries from where he was and of course he could see Andy. Wishing she wasn't there wouldn't help at all of course. He looked down at the flowers in his hand, he had picked them from some of the bushes at the beginning of the garden path as something to give to Violet considering it was her birthday. Finally he was getting to meet the girl that had won Aries over. He seriously couldn't wait to meet her because as far as Fenton and Harrison were concerned if he hadn't met Violet Aries would have been as mental about Andromeda as they were.

He had spent a lovely few hours with Trista yesterday and had come to the conclusion that he definitely had to expel whatever demons he had within him relating to Andy. Exorcise them once and for all before he lost all reason. He strolled across the garden as if he owned the place, always very confident dressed now in his school trousers and shirt with tie hanging loosely Fenton resembled any British public school boy. Breeding, elegance and confidence all rolled into one. His lithe willowy form stopped infront of them and he held out the flowers to Violet.

"Happy Birthday Violet, it's a pleasure to finally meet you"

Rolling her eyes when Andy talked about Aries over the vacation, Violet looked at her with an exasperated sigh. "So, serious over-exagguration then. I am dreadfully sorry that you had to put up with that," she said, earnestly, elbowing Aries in the side playfully. "Well, this vacation, we did the most horrific thing of playing backyard cricket...in winter. Plenty of reading and egging Angus on while he was playing muggle video games. And joined in for some. Quite a lot of fun, really," she said, looking at Lucy with a smile. Lucy had spent quite a bit of time at their place, too, and they were more than happy to have another person around close to their age. Alice was five, and adorable, but it was good to have someone closer to 14/15 to hang out with and talk about Hogwarts with. And she lived next-door, so it was easy for them to get to each others houses. Looking up, she saw the person who must be Fenton join them. "Awww, thanks!" she said, blushing a little seeing as he had gotten her some flowers. "It's a real pleasure to finally meet you too," she said, knowing what a great friend he, and Harrison for that matter, was to Aries. "Take a seat, have some cake," she said, shifting slightly to allow more room on the blanket for him.

"Second," Lucy said quietly, in response to the other girl - Andy's - question. She ate her cake, savouring the taste as much as possible, before finally looking up at the assorted group. Lucy, being as small as she was, had to admit she was a little frightened - all these people were fifth and sixth year, so much older and bigger than Lucy, a small second year. She smiled at Violet when she mentioned the holidays. "Don't forget how much better I was at Mario Kart than Angus," she giggled, looking at her friend as she remembered the holidays, Angus and Lucy were often in tough competition when it came to video games. When playing against Violet, it was all in good fun because she wasn't particuarly good, but Lucy and Angus had a real rivalry going. She never seemed to show it, but she was spirited when she wanted to be.
Precicely why she was intending on trying out for the Ravenclaw Quidditch Team. Either this year or next year.
"Hi," she said, as a new person joined them. "I'm Lucy," she almost whispered, determined to not look so standoffish. It surely wasn't a good look.

Andy laughed as Violet scolded Aries, the two just seemed perfect for one another and she knew that there had been no exagerration intended when he spoke of his girlfriend. He truly believed she was as awesome as he told everyone. He had so much faith and trust in her, she could do no wrong in his eyes and even if she were to, he would understand completely. She remembered a conversation the two had over the vacation, when Aries was pushing her on the swing at the side of the orchard. She had asked him how long did he think he and Violet would last, knowing everyone broke up. Aries had smiled at her, swatted the top of her head and said... ' till my last breath' Andy had choked up, her eyes had welled up with tears and she had hated him for it because she knew that how he said it, he believed it. He loved Violet more than anything else in the world and her happiness meant everything to him. In that moment Andy had known, everyone didn't break up they only broke up or left her.

She turned to Lucy with a smile on her face.
"You must know my cousin then, Merlina. She's a Ravenclaw second year as well but she pretty much keeps to herself a lot. Always convinced she'll alienate someone the minute she opens her mouth." Andromeda turned back to Violet after both girls had mentioned Angus, "And where is that gorgeous brother of yours?"
She kept her eyes averted from Fentons when she asked and hoped that Angus would show up. A little light flirting wouldn't hurt anyone, except perhaps Fenton.

Aries pretended to be wounded and made a very exaggerated wincing sound as he held his heart.
"You try hurting me anywhere and it's this that takes the hit" he smiled at Violet kissing the top of her head again, looking at the flowers that Fenton had brought for her. He was impressed, that Fenton had even gone to the trouble until Aries looked down and saw some roots still attached. He burst out laughing, shaking his head as he looked at him.
"Which flower patch did you steal those from?" he asked, moving himself so that he was now standing up. The distance of even this much was like a bucket of water thrown on him, when he moved from her but it wasn't for long. He simply stood behind her and kneeling down again positioned himself behind her so that when he did sit down she was now snuggled up within the safety of his legs and arms. His hands stroked her arms, enjoying the scent of her hair and the feel of her skin.
"You're beautiful you know that" he whispered to her, "You're the best gift I've ever gotten".

Fenton tried not to pay attention to what Andy was saying but it was a bit difficult. She looked incredible as always and the same urge to kiss her was almost over powering. He wanted to get a grib on this, to just tell whatever he was feeling for her to get lost but knew it would do no good. He had to think of something. When she asked where Violets brother was, he fumed hoping the boy stayed well away.
"You're very welcome Violet and well.. it's not like there's a flower shop near by is it? I had to pick them from somewhere" he smiled, "it's the thought that counts right?"

Angus could smell a good chocolate cake from a mile off. He also happened to have that sibling connection, the one that would let him know where his sister was if she wanted him. It just so happened that today was Violet's birthday, and after class, she had intended to go enjoy some cake in the gardens. Angus was never one to pass up cake. So, right after his class, instead of going to do homework, Angus made his way to the gardens, to join his sister. He had seen her this morning at breakfast, briefly, but he wanted to wish her a proper happy birthday.
Seeing an assortment of people there - Violet, Lucy, Andy, Aries, and some other guy, Angus sauntered over to them and sat down next to Lucy. The second year Ravenclaw was a nice enough kid, she was more than happy to play video games and sports with him (although sometimes she could be better than him, which wasn't something Angus was too proud of), although she was a little shy.
"Oh, hey, guys," he said with a grin as he reached over for a piece of cake. "Heard there was some sort of party going on and I couldn't very well resist. Happy birthday, big sis," he said with a wink. "Mum sure knows how to make a good cake." Angus was getting quite used to calling Ruby his mum, although it was confusing having to call Pearl 'Aunty Pearl'. He wasn't sure he liked that - she was like a mother to him, too. Nevertheless, Angus was pretty happy to say that he pretty much had one big happy family, and two places he could call home outside of school. The only real problem was Antoinette.

"That brother of mine has a great knack for finding cakes. He'll be here very soon, I'm sure of it," Violet said, shaking her head slightly. Angus was terribly lazy, very much someone who moved at his own pace, but he was a lovely guy. Even if he did have a bit of a Slytherin attitude and sometimes looked out for himself more than others. He was always good to his friends and family. Except for Antoinette, but that wasn't all his fault. She was just as horrible to him as he was to her. Turning to Aries, she shook her head again, beaming all the while. "Shush. You're going to get me all embarassed, here," she joked, grinning. She really loved Aries with all her heart, and she couldn't ever imagine being without him. She knew it was strange to have found someone like Aries at fourteen, and still she was only sixteen now, but this was love, and love works in mysterious ways. "Aw, it was a lovely thought," she added to Fenton. "Thank you so much!"
Just at that moment, Angus appeared, sitting himself next to Lucy. "Well well well, speak of the devil and he shall appear. Ey bro," she drawled, in an imitation of a New Zealand accent.

Andy smiled when Violet said he would show up, she cast a look at Fenton much as to say ' good a decent guy at last'. She watched Aries reposition himself behind Violet and looked back at the cake in her hand. Well if a girl couldn't get a guy she got chocolate, right? With that she smiled and bit into it just as Angus came along and sat down by Lucy, also helping himself to some of the cake and greeting all of them. She looked directly at him as she smiled.

"Hey Angus, haven't see you in a while. Looking as good as ever I see. Any news?"

Fenton smiled at Violet as she thanked him again.
"I like her Aries, better hold on to that one" he winked moving slightly as Aries moved to sit behind her instead. He looked up as a boy approached, younger than himself and if he guessed he'd of said a bit younger than Andromeda as well. Surely she wouldn't be so stupid as to flirt with the kid just to get one up on him. Fenton remained standing with his hands now shoved into his trouser pockets as the cake was now well and truly eaten.

He watched as she began to talk to him and Fenton instantly wanted to pummel the guy there and then. It wasn't his fault though, the boy was only a means to an end for her surely. She couldn't seriously mean she thought he was good looking, could she? Scowling he waited for the boys reaction, ready to yank Andy out of there if the boy put any moves on.

"I have every intention of holding on to her" he winked at Fenton as he laid his head against the side of Violets. It wasn't long before Angus arrived and Aries smiled as he sat down with them, he got on pretty well with the guy which was a relief. There would have been some seriously awkward moments if neither of them could stand each other, Aries had no intention of ever not being with Violet so was just grateful that fate had thrown him a decent break. there was nothing worse than a brother who despised his sisters boyfriend and spent way too much time trying to break them up.
"Hey Angus, how's tricks?" Aries interlaced his fingers with Violet's as they sat there.He kept a close eye on Fenton who didn't look at all pleased at how Andy greeted Violet's younger brother. Hoping there wouldn't be any trouble, Aries opened up the conversation to a neutral topic.
"So what did you get your sister this year?"

"Why thank you, and you're looking quite lovely yourself," Angus replied to Andy, with a grin. Sure, he was devoted to Luna, but the boy knew a compliment when he saw one, and just because he was dating someone didn't mean he was blind - Andy was strikingly beautiful. He looked over at the boy he didn't know, who seemed to be looking at him somewhat unhappily. What did I do? he thought, taking a mouthful of cake. He was only being friendly, heck he'd only just arrived and he didn't even know the guy. Maybe that's just his face or something, he thought, shrugging it off. "What did I get Vi...well mum, dad, Alice and I all got her some clothes and stuff," he said, trying to remember. "Oh, and I got her this book she really wanted and some chocolate," he added, remembering. He turned to Violet, apologetically. Hey, he wasn't perfect. He liked to think he was a pretty good brother, though. Admittedly, it had taken quite a bit of prompting from his mum and dad for him to remember her birthday and get her presents, but he did it in the end, and that was what was important, right?

Fenton had just about had enough now. Something had to give, he couldn't be feeling these things for Andromeda when he felt something altogether different for Trista.
"Excuse us a minute" he said before leaning down and taking Andromeda's hand and hauling her to her feet.

"Not a word" he ordered, his voice held a dangerous undertone which basically warned her not to argue and not to fight him on this. He walked about 200 yards away from them with Andy in tow half dragging her along behind him as his long legs strode across the garden. He stopped and tugged her arm slightly so that she stood in front of him. Fenton looked into her amber eyes reaching up a hand and cupping her face.

"I'm getting you out of my system once and for all" he growled as he lowered his head and roughly kissed her. He waited for her to push, to shove him away, to stop him but after a few moments of kissing her, he stopped. He moved his head back and looked at her, a frown creased his brow and then he smiled.

Andy smiled at Angus quite happy to sit here and flirt if she had to though she had never really any intention of doing it before Fenton came along. She didn't have to say anything to him though as Fenton moved over to her and grabbed her hand, pulling her up to her feet and basically telling her to shut up. Andy was too stunned to say anything anyhow though she threw Aries a look of confusion as she was yanked half way across the garden. He pulled her to stand infront of him before all but growling at her that he was going to get her out of his system.

"I'll help you then" she spoke with almost the same level of determination and venom before he began to kiss her. She returned each one, equalled them and rivalled them and then stopped just when he seemed to as well. It was the strangest feeling in the world and she couldn't put her finger quite on it. She looked at him, not sure whether he got it too or not but when she saw him smile she knew he had and she began to laugh.
"That was probably the worst kiss in the world. It felt so wrong... like I was kissing a brother" she couldn't help wiping her mouth as she smiled at him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back