Cafe Romance...Not

Valera Vyhnal

Wand
Pine 12" Core of doxy wings
Valera Vyhnal side along apparated with Astoria Snow over to one of the magical communities' little cafes that Valera just loved. Since her trouble starting had yet to calm down, Valera had to deal with the fact that she had a record. Wearing a comfortable outfit, Valera had her dark, dyed hair tied up in a ponytail and she found a seat at the table for her and Astoria to share. Valera often looked like she was one of those that did not really mind about her appearance. To her, she was some average looking girl that needed to get her attitude changed up. And in front of her was this gorgeous woman that was glowing. From what Valera did not know, Astoria was pregnant. Astoria was pregnant with Valera's niece and she did not even know about it yet. Valera always thought that her brother was the perfect person for Astoria, but she did not seem to know that. Valera had no idea how she didn't know but apparently it was not common knowledge. Valera waved over a waiter and she let Astoria get whatever she wanted, and then Valera asked for a mocha latte, before waiting the waiter off. Valera smiled over at Astoria and thought that she was one of the only friends that she actually had. Well, Valera had a few. But she rarely left the house, because usually when she did, Valera landed in a heap of trouble and there was nothing she could have done about it. Well, she could have avoided getting in trouble to begin with, but where was the fun in that?

Once the waiter returned with the drinks, she took a sip of hers and found it to be delicious, like always. Valera shrugged, "So this place isn't that bad, but it is still pretty good. Just stay away from the burgers. Half of the time they still bleed." The drinks were amazing, but she did not get how they did not understand how to make a few burgers. Sighing, she took another drink and then had that feeling that she was being stared at. Valera's purple eyes looked down at her small hands before she leaned forward and whispered, "I think someone is staring. I feel it." It was like the hair on the back of her neck was standing up. She wanted to do nothing but to pour her latte on the person staring, but it would be a waste of a latte.

Astoria didn't want to burst Valera's bubble, but she didn't really feel all that good. Her body ached, and her stomach churned with every step she took. Being pregnant stunk. The worst part was trying to hide it from everyone when she was always feeling as awful as she was. There were days when she didn't want to move much at all. Jarrett understood why and he usually let her be when she wasn't feeling her best, but no one else seemed to. Astoria honestly wasn't sure how much longer she could keep it a secret from the others. Eventually they were bound to notice. Eventually she would be the size of a whale, and there was no denying it then. But a promise was a promise, and Astoria found herself approaching a cafe alongside Valera. Once inside, they found a seat and Astoria immediately found herself wanting food. What the hell, could this child not make up it's mind? Astoria found herself instantly becoming silent once she heard Valera mention something about a bloody burger. That usually would have disgusted Astoria, but right now it actually sounded sort of good. That wasn't right. Astoria was about to ask Valera what her opinion on the soup was but then she mentioned something about feeling like she was being watched. Lifting her eyes she found the culprit and lifted her hand to point at someone behind Valera.

James had to get out of the house for awhile. His mother was driving him nuts He wasn't sure why but she seemed to feel like it was necessary for her to always be wound within James' personal life. She was always pestering James to get a good career, to get out and get married, to give her some grandchildren. Sometimes she even bothered him about his choice to move away from her. Most parents left their child alone once they moved out but it seemed like James' mother refused to ever leave him alone. Every single day she was over his house trying to fix his life up in some way. Surely she couldn't be that bored with the life she was living? Nonetheless, James needed to get out of his house and away from his mother for a couple of hours. If he didn't then he was likely to kill her before the night was up. James loved his mother dearly, but when she never let him have a moment to himself he couldn't help but become annoyed with her. Maybe if he actually did what she wanted and found himself a lady she would let him be for more than a day or two.

Sitting down at the table in a local cafe, James took a hefty sip of his coffee and glanced around. From the corner of his see he could see two very pretty ladies headed towards a table of their own. They were cute enough to have his interest, and that was saying something. One of them looked a lot older though, so he was a little less interested in her than he was the younger one. After a moment the two ladies both noticed that he was staring at them, and finally he felt like he should probably stop being a creeper and introduce himself. James stood up and grabbed his cup of coffee before he headed over to the two women. "Hey ladies!" James grinned as he approached the both of them. He took a sip of his coffee and gave them a cocky grin. Apparently the older one wasn't as impressed, because she suddenly narrowed her eyebrows. His eyes fell to the younger one.

There was just so much that Valera wanted to do. Looking over at Astoria, a part of her wanted the Snow to get up and attack whoever was staring. When the hand lifted to gesture who was doing the staring, Valera looked over her shoulder and saw an older male looking their way. Valera looked back over at Astoria and she murmured, "No doubt that he will ask you out. Tell him you are dating my brother and that will solve that." Valera truly thought that no one would have been interested in her. Valera just did not find herself attractive at all. She dyed her hair brunette just so that people could take her art work seriously. Her sister was model material, her brothers were devilishly handsome. And her? She had a funny nose, her eyes were too light, she could go on about how much she hated her appearance. She also thought that she was too small. Her eyebrows were angled weird. The only person who knew about this was her diary which she kept locked up under her mattress at home. Valera let out a sigh and figured that the male would come over any moment and ask Astoria out. Valera counted it down in her head, knowing what would be inevitable.

The trouble maker sipped on her latte as the boy greeted them, and her eyes looked up to see that he was looking over at Astoria, before looking at her. Valera let out a sigh as she slowly put her cup to the table. "You might as well leave, Astoria is taken. So, your chase landed in vain." Valera waved a waiter to come over so that she could order something good. She looked over the menu before pointing out how she wanted the chicken tenders, forgetting that the stranger even existed. When her stomach needed food, everyone stopped existing. Valera looked back at Astoria for a moment, before looking back at the stranger. He was not leaving. She narrowed those eyes before she looked back at her cup of latte as she sipped it some more. It was a shame really, the boy did look kind of cute. Rough and frigid, but Valera knew that Astoria would turn him down in a heartbeat. After all, she was happy with who she had, right?

Astoria rolled her eyes softly. "I'm not going to tell people that I'm dating your brother when I'm not, Valera." Astoria had to be careful what she revealed, because one slip of the tongue and everyone would find out that she was currently pregnant with Jarrett's baby. Until the two of them sorted things out, they couldn't tell anyone. Though she was sure that if they waited too long to tell people, that pretty soon they would start to catch on. Astoria was eventually going to be the size of a planet, and once she was, it'd be hard to lie. Besides, I need to go anyways, I have a doctor's appointment to go to, so whether he came to talk to me or not, he'd out of luck. See you later, mmkay?" Astoria rarely had appointments to go to, so she hoped Valera wouldn't become suspicious by it. Astoria hated going to the doctor's, but the whole baby thing required a lot of doctor's visits. She had to get over it for the sake of her health and the health of the baby. Astoria smiled softly before she threw on a pair of sunglasses and sauntered past the boy and towards the exit of the restaurant.

James didn't like the way the younger girl almost seemed to dismiss him. It made him want to talk to her more, but at the same time it also struck a chord of anger within him. "Hmph, me want to ask out a Snow? Do I look like an idiot? Plus she's way too old for me." James smirked when he saw Astoria toss a middle finger behind her back before she left through the door. If he didn't know her dad pretty well he wouldn't have found that to be as funny. No, he came over to talk to the other one and it seemed that the brunette understood that from the start and gave them the space. "I actually came to talk to you." James muttered as he pushed some crumbs off the seat and sat himself down. He didn't care so much if she wanted him to sit down or not. He was going to do it anyways. It wasn't every day that he met a pretty girl that was around his age that didn't look like she was a complete wreck. Hopefully she gave him a few seconds to talk before she punched him. From the looks of her, she didn't take sh*t from people.

"My name is James. I had to come say hello because I think you're really cute, and I wanted the chance to meet you personally." James settled himself into the booth and signaled the waiter over to order himself a glass of juice and a sandwich. James probably wouldn't eat much of it, depending on whether or not he got the girl to talk to him a little bit. Girls were tricky. They were either into you, or they were a lot harder to impress. Usually James wound up with the latter. Girls these days were a lot stronger willed than they once used to be.

Valera almost begged Astoria not to leave with her eyes, but it seemed like she had a doctor's appointment. She let that sink in for a moment before she turned and said, "Wait, what doctor's appoint-" she froze when Astoria was already gone. Her eyes turned back to the guy, and to her shock, he was completely dismissing Astoria like she wasn't some hot thing. Valera was completely in shock, and one could tell by the look on her face. After all, she did not find herself pretty or anything. Her sister got all the looks. She was a model! Valera? No, she got the blonde hair which she kept dyed dark to keep her identity from Taralynn. "You didn't want to ask her out, and come and talk to me? Were you dropped on your head or something? No one just comes up to me unless I did something cool." Normally, the people that approached her were the people that were interested in her art, or just someone that caught her tagging. Luckily, she had not gotten caught the last few times she painted on the public's wall. Though the billboard thing last time, when she was caught, was pushing it a bit too far. Raising her cup to her lips, she took a mighty sip before resting it onto the table.

The guy's name was James, and around here, it was fairly common. She was not surprised. However, he came over to say hello because she was really cute. She wasn't wearing make up and she was in a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt that didn't reveal her figure at all. [color=663366]"I'm in a sweatshirt that says how I live. Eat a lot, sleep a lot. I'm Valera, by the way." </SIZE>
<SIZE size="50">In her own way, she was trying to turn the guy off from her. She wasn't into love and romance. She was definitely a diamond in the rough. But still, he was cute. Maybe she should give him a chance? "I suppose I can say you aren't bad to look at either." Yeah, her wording really sucked there. She was a tough girl. She only handled cops, never boys around her age. It was like being in front of another species.[/color]

This poor girl had no self confidence did she? They were usually either the most difficult or the most fun to mess around with, so despite the fact that he enjoyed girl with confidence, the ones without were much more interested to interrogate. "Yep. I came over here to talk to you and only to you. You need to have more confidence in yourself, miss." Although Astoria was indeed pretty, he found the girl sitting next to her to have a beauty far more unique and alluring. Astoria looked like one of the typical pretty girls, but this one had this face, and these eyes that James had never quite seen before. It drew him like a moth to a flame, and he instantly wanted to know more about this girl. Plus she seemed to be confused by his actions, which made this all the more fun to him. When a glass of water arrived for James, he drunk it down in less than three gulps and ordered another. He was a fiend when it came to ice water. Soon his juice and sandwich would arrive, but he was too thirsty to wait. When the food arrived, he didn't dare touch it until he got to know more about Valera.

"I eat and sleep a lot too. But it's nice to meet you Valera." It was true, when he actually settled down to take a break, he often became lazy and could literally sleep for an entire day if he really wanted to. James was a pretty big guy too, so he liked to eat whenever he could. It was nice to hear a girl admit that she liked to do the same things. Too many girls he knew were the type that tried to pretend like they cared about things like salad and nothing but make up. He likes girls to look nice, but it got annoying when it was all they cared about. "I know." James said with a cocky smirk. He took the compliment without a second thought. Mostly because he knew he was good looking and he wasn't about to try and be humble about it. Acting like that just wasn't in his nature and this girl was about to learn that quick.

Valera just found what was going on just so hard to believe. Valera looked down at her drink before she debated on getting up and leaving. Someone was playing a joke on her. Or maybe wanting to use her to get to Taralynn, who was a whale right now, or well, bigger than she was before. Then again, she was happy with her man. "I do have confidence in myself, just not when it comes down to socializing with those of the opposite gender that doesn't involve me punching them in the face." Since she dyed her hair black, from blonde, she had received less attention and looked more like a badass. She wanted to look like she was not the type that a man wanted to bring home to the parents. And so far, it was working, until this boy came along and didn't seem to care. She raised an eyebrow when he ordered some food and then really drowned that water. He must have been dehydrated or something. Valera debated on ordering some fries since the fries were decent around here, but she was not too sure right now. She was still shocked that some guy was in front of her. And why he was here, which shocked her.

James noted on how he slept and ate a lot too, and that it was nice to meet her. Valera raised her eyebrows in mild shock, before she smiled a bit. That was pretty cool. "So, you are one of those that can just sleep for a whole day, even if there were things to do but too lazy to do them?" That would actually impress her than hearing about how much a man can bench press. No, that was not very attractive at all. The moment that he took the compliment and didn't say that she was just saying that or that he wasn't good looking, that meant that he had a lot of confidence. Valera looked down and shook her head, before she waved the waitress over to get her a large order of fries. "Well then, you must really think highly of yourself," mused Valera, secretly hoping that he would turn himself into an ass so that she could dump the rest of her latte on him. Things like that always made her laugh when it happened to someone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back