OOC First Name
Mia
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Ngawaiata
Sky knew 13th December was late in the semester for a club event. but there wasa reason for it. She had been thinking of hosting a Christmas-themed event ever since she took over the club. and this was the year. it had been fun getting ready. she had charmed the room to make it feel rather cool, the windows darkened as it wasn't really Christmas when the sun was out. a winter break from the hot outside an lit a fire in the fireplace to counteract it. there was a tree in the main room with a few candles on it lit with magic and other greenery with fairy lights decorating the ceiling . The table had many small bowls of sweets and snacks on it, and there were vats of hot chocolate and mulled apple juice. in the background, christmas music was playing. She knew the conglomerated arts club had been made up of many other clubs. and sometimes it was hard to fit them all together but she was fairly sure this would be able to. there was craft and cooking, music, and defiantly the chance to expand further. plus it also drew in the ideas from a multicultural club.
she was dressed in white about the fact that today was Saint Lucia day. though she had passed on the crown of candles.
o the table, there was coloured paper with directions to make heart baskets, or cards felt and yarn to make pompom elves. or sew, knit or crochet something if people were feeling keen.
there were recipes in the kitchen for lucia bread, gingerbread and other Christmas biscuits as well as all of the decorations. in the music rooms were music for a variety christmas songs though these were not just Scandinavian but from around the world though she tried to pick ones with lyrics in English.
Once people started to settle in she looked around. "Hello Everyone. or should i say Gledelig Jul. welcome to our meeting for the semester. as you can see we are celebrating Christmas. Around the room there a a lot of activities from my home country of Norway, unlike here Christmas is cold and dark. we don't see the sun for weeks. so we do a lot inside to keep cozy and spend time with friends. Today I have decorations that you can make, and goodies to bake. songs to try. Today is also Saint lucia's day, a day where prople dress in white and many schools or clubs have a parade let by the Lucia with candles on her head and everyone in the procesison gives out saffron buns." she said gesturing to some of the buns on the table. I know this all it sounds religious. it isn't really. we have adopted a lot of customs into tradition more for that warmth of familiarity than relicion." she said. she knew she was talking a lot. but there was a lot going on. "I will let you find the things for yourself you don't need me to describe any of them. but feel free to ask questions. or if you have your own Christmas traditions, please feel free to share them too" she said. She paused and picked up her glass of mulled apple juice. "One final thing while i have you all. next semester we will be hosting a variety show. more information to come after the break. but i am telling you now so that you can start to think about acts." she said. raising her glass in the air in a cheer. "Merry Christmas Gledelig Jul" she finished before stepping out of the prime area and wandering around talking to people.

OOCOut of Character:
Come and enjoy the Christmas celebration. if your character wants to bring their own traditions that is fine. and if they don't celebrate Christmas but want to celebrate something else that is also fine. just have fun.

For Renata, Christmas meant two things - her birthday, which was on Christmas Eve, and eating. Lots and lots of eating. It was the joy of Italian grandparents, they were determined to keep you fed. Her nonna had even sent some panettone by owl when she had mentioned that her best friend was hosting a Christmas themed event, and sure, panettone didn't exactly mesh with Scandinavian traditions, but she thought she'd bring some anyway just to share the spirit. She didn't really have any ugly sweaters, so she just wore a white t-shirt and white skirt and hoped desperately nothing spilled. She waved enthusiastically at Sky as she entered the room with the plate, putting it on the back of a table as she picked up the directions for gingerbread. Renata knew she wasn't exactly artistic, but now she felt too tied to the club to actually leave it. So, she'd mostly sit back and take something of a supporting role, something she felt like she was meant to do. At least, what her mother had always told her she was best at. So, she would just help younger students cook, and when it came to the variety show, she knew she wouldn't put anything on but would just help out behind the scenes, setting up and offering moral support and the like. Quidditch and Heta Omega would be where she would focus on being more in the limelight.

Silas had been kind of negligent about attending club events this semester, but Sky had called one towards the end once he was really needing a release from studying, not that he was studying particularly hard. As he made his way into the Arts room, he admired all the decorations that were about. He listened as the club leader explained what today's activity was for, and Silas was excited to hear about the variety show that would be happening next semester. He wasn't sure he had any talents that would be suitable for such a thing, but it would definitely be enjoyable to watch. Taking advantage of the event, he decided to pick up some of the decoration materials and make his own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back