Busy Busy

Taylor Mercer

OOC First Name
Taylor
Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the mane of a Unicorn
Taylor sat down under a huge tree and briefly closed her eyes. Everywhere was so busy, why wasnt she gifted with patience. She glanced up the crowded street. She hadnt made many friends yet and the ones she had made werent even in her house, but that was ok. People she had met were nice enough. Crossing her legs, under the shade of the tree, she decided to rest a bit before continuing with her school shopping.

The on-going scratching of heels on stone lingering around ears. Continuous remarks of beautiful clothing displayed in window upon window drizzling the spectators in awe. Handbags shuffling on arms, posed and ready of unleash the delights of labor. Women clustering around boutiques, their partners slipping off to evade the torture of being hauling in behind. Hunted by the classic line 'does my bum look big in this?'

Children weaving through the crowds, running from the boredom of shopping. Flashes of candy merged between dirtied fingers. Ice cream caked around pink chops. Worried mothers shouting desperately hoping for the reappearance of their escapes. Street urchins mumbling depressive engraved in shop crevasses for on lookers to end their suffering. Rags plummeting from bony shoulders as arms stretch out in union in hope for a measly galleon.

Descending from a yellow shop door, the wood mourning the chipped painted which had left it naked. The quirky bell sounding it's alarm as two symmetrical looking purple wedged shoes landed on the shoe patching beneath. The sudden noise exploding in her ears. While she had wondered around the somewhat unusual shop she had forgotten the sound, which blared over the town.

Hyo-rin walked through the street, looking at the animals and the funny looking witches and wizards. She felt really tired, and decided to have a rest on one of the benches. However to her utmost dismay, there was a girl, probably her age seated there already.

Hyo-rin bowed at the girl, the way the Koreans like her greeted each other, before sitting on the bench. "Hello, I'm Hyo-rin," she said with a smile.

Taylor almost got carried away in her own thoughts until a friendly voice snapped her back to reality. Watching as the girl bowed and sat down, she uncrossed her legs to give the girl more room and then replied, "Hi, I'm Taylor, nice to meet you." Unsure of how to keep the friendly conversation alive she added. "Wow its so crowded today." Staring down the street at the many frantic customers.

Hyo-rin looked up. "Oh, i think I've met you once, at the Apothecary was it?" she asked excitedly. "I'm a Gryffindor First Year, and you?" she inquired with a small. "Yes, its really crowded, filled with kids buying stuff for school, and parents buying presents for their kids," she continued.

Taylor looked closely at the other girl. "Oh yes! I have met you." Taylor laughed. "I dont usually forget people i have met. Gryffindor first year? Me too!" Taylor said excitedly. "I cant wait until school starts, how about you?"

"You're a Gryffindor too! Awesome!" Hyo-rin smiled, giving Taylor a high-5. "Me too, i'm so excited. So Taylor, did you know you were a witch?" she inquired.

Taylor smiled as she reached to give the other girl a high-five. "Yeah, i've always known, my Dad's a pure blood and my Mum is a half blood, so they were always pretty sure i was going to have magical ability, so ive grown up knowing about magic. I was made to go to a muggle school though, that was pretty tough, knowing you had magic ability but not being able to talk about it. How about you?"

"You're really lucky! My parents never told me. My mother received her letter to Hogwarts, and when she finished her education, she had to marry the crown prince of Korea. It was an arranged marriage. My grandfather had a high status in the Imperial Court," Hyo-rin explained. "After i was born, she told my dad, who's now the Emperor, about it, but they kept it a secret, even from me. And they told me everything when i got my letter. But my parents didn't tell anyone else, and no one knows. And the nation thinks their crown princess is attending some normal English Boarding School," Hyo-rin replied with a sigh.

As Taylor listening to Hyo-rin talk, her mouth slowly opened wider and wider. "Your a princess? Wow, i supose its probably best for everyone to think your attending a normal school." Taylor said thoughtfully. "A princess?" Taylor was still quite amazed that she was talking to royalty, soon realising she might be being a bit rude, she said, "So is it much responsibility for you?"

Hyo-rin laughed. She was used to various people's reactions. "Yeah, i'm the daughter of the current Emperor of Korea, Emperor Daegunju Pyeha," Hyo-rin answered coolly. "And the royal elders have planned an arranged marriage for me with an Imperial Guard with a high status," she said with a frown. "I want to be like you and you friends.." she said. "I'm planning on running away..".

"It is, i'm getting stressed out of my responsibility," Hyo-rin grumbled.

"I guess being a princess would be kind of tough, but i wouldnt run away. Everyone gets found, especially with your being a witch." Taylor wasnt quite sure what to say, she didnt know what it was like, she assumed it would have its downsides, but it couldnt be all bad. Taylor did have the unique ability to always see things from the other persons angle. "Everyone is different and everyone has different rules they must follow, i myself have my own. My dad is demanding i marry someone of wizard kind, i mean, i still have a choice, but its limited. It depends how you were raised and who raised you i supose. Its just something everyone has to live with."

Hyo-rin's gloom face seemed to brightened up a little. "Thanks for the great advice Taylor," she replied with a sweet smile. "So, let's talk about you. Where are you from?" Hyo-rin inquired.

Taylor smiled, glad she had said the right thing. "Well, i lived in England with my Mum and Dad, until they divorced and then my Dad moved to Australia, my Mum followed so me and my sister could still see him on a regular basis. I was six at the time of the move, at the moment im staying with my cousin in New Zealand, so its easier for me to do my shopping and stuff before i have to go to Hogwarts." Taylor finished, scratching the tip of her nose thoughtfully.

"Wow," Hyo-rin replied. "So, you have a little sister. I have one too! My little sister, Han-chang, is only 6," she said with a smile, thinking of her sister. "She's probably going to attend Hogwarts in the future too," she added. "You have a cousin? Does he or she attend Hogwarts New Zealand?" Hyo-rin asked curiously.

"I have two younger sisters, but one is only my half sister, child of my Mum and her new husband, but we never consider her anything less than a sister. My cousin, which is a he, just for the record," Taylor giggled, "is a muggle. My Mum's brother wasn't born with magical abililties. We dont entirely understand, but he never really wanted to have them anyway." Taylor smiled.

Hyo-rin nodded, listening to Taylor's every word. "I see, how interesting," she uttered with a smile. "How is it like having a stepsister?" she asked. "And do you have any pets?" Hyo-rin asked. "I have a white rabbit called Kim, and British short haired cat called Ardian," she said in a whole breath.

Taylor smiled. "Has anyone told you, your a great listener?" Taylor laughed. "Having a stepsister isnt really any different than having a sister in general, it really only comes down to she has a different Dad. Back at home in Australia, i have a cat named Merlin." Taylor somewhat forced her next smile, she missed her home back in Australia, even though she hadnt been away that long. "I would love a rabbit, ive always wanted one, but neither my Mum or Dad wont let me have one, although i managed to get my Mum to promise to get me one once ive finished Hogwarts." Taylor smiled cheekily.

Hyo-rin chuckled. "I've been told, once or twice," she uttered. "A cat called Merlin. That's such a cute name! I wonder if Merlin is a real wizard.." Hyo-rin answered with a sigh. "I bet will be learning more about Merlin in History Of Magic class," she continued. "So, how's Australia like?" she asked. "Korea's really hot and really cold in the summer, and it snows a lot,".

"Im so excited for the subjects at Hogwarts, probably tranfiguration the most, what about you?" Taylor asked. "Australia can get quite hot, but its not too bad and then Winter gets reasonably cold, but not too cold, its weather is really quite good." A smile reached Taylors face.

Hyo-rin nodded. "I see," she replied. "I'm most looking forward to Flying lessons. I can't wait to try out Quidditch!" Hyo-rin said excitedly. "And transfigurations seems cool too actually," Hyo-rin added with a twinkle in her eye.

Flying is so much fun, i remember my Dad let me try it out once, without telling my Mum." Taylor giggled. "My Mum is a bit of a worrier and didnt really want me doing it. I cant wait to properly learn though, the whole idea of Hogwarts is just so exciting." Taylor said eagerly.

"I can't wait!" Hyo-rin replied. "Yeah it is, i'm counting the days till school start! I'm uber excited!" Hyo-rin said excitedly.

"I agree. I wasnt that excited when i first got my letter, because i was expecting it, but shopping for supplies and just with it getting closer, i cant almost feel my excitment growing on me." A smile lighting Taylors features.

Hyo-rin laughed. "I almost got a stroke when my parents told me i was a witch. I thought my life was very boring, only a princess. But i was a witch, and i was never excited like that in my whole princess life," Hyo-rin explained.

"Your pretty special to be a witch princess." Taylor laughed. "Do you find it as hard as i did to keep it from everyone else?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back