Bumping Into You

Min Hyo-rin

Wand
Cherry Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Wood Rose
It was a warm afternoon. People walking around the village, children running after each other playing their games. There was a warm breeze that would blow every few minutes. It's presence was pleasing and Hyo-rin had been wanting to walk around Obsidian Harbor for so long. She was wearing a pair of dark wash skinny jeans and a pink tunic. Her black hair was down cascading on her shoulders.

She decided to go get some butterbeer and she did. Walking out of the Leaky Cauldron, she began to walk around Obsidian Harbor. It was cute. All the little shops that held antiques, and candy. The Apothecary's store and the little houses and schools that she had seen on her way. Hyo-rin began to think about her friends, Zeke and Blair. She hadn't seen them for the past week. It was almost as though she had disappeared. She hoped she was okay, but then again, in times like these, you could never know.

Sam walked down the street of obsidian harbour. He noticed a girl he vaguely recongnised, he never spoke to her and she seemed alone. He shrugged and went over to talk to her. "Hey.. your in...gryffindor? Right?" he guessed. "I'm Sam. In your year." he added quickly.

Hyo-rin looked at boy for a minute, before breaking into a smile. "You're that Hufflepuff Boy aren't you? I'm Hyo-rin, pleasure to make you acquaintance," she said, bowing to him. "I hope its not too personal, where do you come from?" she inquired.

"Hyo-rin. Its a pleasure." And he bowed courtly back. "No not at all. I'm from London. But this summer I lived with my uncle..y'know...just to make things easier. Where are you from?" he asked her politely.

Hyo-rin bowed a second time and sat down. "Its rude for us Koreans if one does not bow before sitting down" she said with a smile. "I'm from Korea actually. So, did you know you were a wizard?" she asked.

"Korea. Sweet." Sam said he hadn't met anyone else from Korea yet. "Well, I kinda pressumed I was. My whhole family were wizards. Like all my uncles etc." He said simply, he never had any doubt that he wasn't. "What about yourself? Do you come from a wizarding family?" He relised this girl was very polite so he added quickly, "If its not too personal."

"You're really lucky! My parents never told me. My mother received her letter to Hogwarts, and when she finished her education, she had to marry the crown prince of korea. It was an arranged marriage. My grandfather had a high status in the Imperial Court," Hyo-rin explained. "After i was born, she told my dad, who's now the Emperor, about it, but they kept it a secret, even from me. And they told me everything when i got my letter. But my parents didn't tell anyone else, and no one knows. And the nation thinks their crown princess is attending some normal English Boarding School," Hyo-rin replied with a sigh.

"Holy Schmokes!" Sam said running his hand through his hair. He wasn't expecting this. "So you mean to tell me your the emperor of Korea's daughter?" He was stunned. "I am standing beside royality?" he said and he got down on one knee. He then stood up laughing. "I'm sorry.." he apoligised hoping it didn't offend her, because if it did it wasn't intentinal. "So were you like completely and utterly shocked then?" he asked her. Still amazed at her story. Crown Princess

Hyo-rin laughed. She was used to various people's reactions. "Yeah, i'm the daughter of the current Emperor of Korea, Emperor Daegunju Pyeha," Hyo-rin answered cooly. "And apparently you're not only standing to royalty, you're standing beside the future queen of Korea," she said, playing along. "And the royal elders have planned an arranged marriage for me with an Imperial Guard with a high status," she said with a frown. "I want to be like you and you friends.." she said. "I'm planning on running away..".

"Waoh.." was all he could mutter out. "But why woudl you want to be like me a low status idiot. When you could be you!" he said sounding quite shocked she didn't like the way things were panned out for her. "Well, I must admit that Imperial guard thing must be tough..eh?" he said. " But don't runaway, take advice from the idiot. Don't." he said remembering when he ran away for about half a day and his face was all over the place. "You'll be reported on the news. Everywhere. People in London will hear about it. You don't want to do this. Trust me..." he said quietly.

Hyo-rin sighed. "Probably. And we should switch places, you become a prince and i a commoner, it will be fun!" Hyo-rin said jokingly. "And that Imperial guard will be king when he marries me," she said. "But i'm not forced to marry him, but its compulsory for me to marry someone from the Imperial Family," she explained. "So enough about me, tell me something about you," she added.

"Yeah, it'll be most fun!" he laughed. "So this imperial guard, he's getting a good deal eh? He becomes King and gets to marry you. That doesn't seem fair.." he said but relised she was finished discussing the subject. "Well my life is boring compared to yours.." he said sullenly. "To start from the beginning. I'm Sam Prince. Eleven years of age. I am an only child, which gets very annoying most of the time. My cousins usually come over a lot of the time but I hate them." he said taking a breath. " You see my whole family were pureblood Slytherin. Now I'm in Hufflepuff. My father isn't going to be pleased. He's kinda a cruel sneering person." he said not really caring he was telling Hyo-Rin all of this. "I've no respect for him whatsoever..But yeah my whole family is like that. I haven't told any of them yet that I am in Hufflepuff. I now live with my uncle here in New Zealand, He's not half as bad.." he smiled he was quite happy living with him. "Once I got the choice I accepted Hogwarts New Zealand straight away." he shrugged. "I also love quidditch, I actually adore it. I also play bass and--" he relised he was talking for far too long. "Sorry.." he mumbled.

"True, its so unfair! That lucky lad becomes king after he marries me," she added with a grimace. "Slytherin? Wow, maybe you should tell your father how you feel. I could help write for you a letter, and we can sign it with the Korean Imperial seal," she said with a laugh. "Don't worry, i'm used to listening to people talk. In Korea, we believe that females must be seen and not heard," she added with a sigh. 'You play the bass? Wow! Maybe you should play in the Palace, it will be a jolly good experience!" she continued with a grin.

"Thats actually not a bad idea. I mean not with the whole imperial seal. But you could help me write the letter." She seemed sensible and would be the sort who could write a letter. "That is if you want to.." he added. "Yeah I'll bring over my mates pair of drums and we can have a right 'ould bang." he sniggered. "So, are you looking forward to the change of Hogwarts then?" he asked her. He must certainly would if he were in her shoes. It all seemed quite strict.

Hyo-rin laughed. "I'll write for you the letter after this, i'll do it, mark my words," she said with a small smile. "Yes i am actually. I'm tired of the sexism in the palace, although the royal family's females are also respected," she continued. "Its the female commoners that the ones i pity," she added. "So, do they do that in your country?" she inquired.

Sam nodded, "Yeah that must suck for the commoners." When she had asked him if they did it in England he said, "No. Everyone is treated fairly." He thought about it. "Yeah, we are..." he said confirming. "I can't wait till we start quidditch." He smiled, there was a buzz about him.

Hyo-rin looked at Sam, impressed. "Wow, we Koreans have a lot to learn from the English!" she said with a chuckle. "By the way, what's Quidditch?" she inquired, thinking of the times Austin had mentioned Quidditch, and she didn't bother to ask. "Is it some exam or something or maybe a party?" she asked, rubbing her head.

"Whats quidditch?" His jaw dropped to his chest. "You can't be serious." But he relised she had only just been told she was witch after all. "Its a wizard sport. The best I might add." he smiled he wasn't going to go into too much detail. "We use brooms." he added he wanted ot see her reaction on the subject.

"I see, wow, I'd really wanna try that out!," Hyo-rin replied happily. "So have you played Quidditch before? What do you do with the brooms?" she asked.

"Yeah you should. When we get to hogwarts I'll practise with you." he smiled. "Yeah since I was like three. I adore it." he said. "Well, you fly them." he said in a matter of fact sort of way. "Theres also three different types of balls, the quaffle which is what you use to score. The bludgers, there is two. You use them to knock people of their brooms and the snitch which is super fast. You catch that and you get 150 points, so your team usually wins." he said he could have went into more detail but he wanted to keep it exciting.

"Okayy," Hyo-rin replied with a sweet smile. "Wow since you were three huh? You must be really good," Hyo-rin commented. "You fly? I see! And three balls? Wow! 150 points? Awesome!" she answered, as if Sam was like a Professor teaching her Quidditch. "Wow, cool game!" she answered. "In Korea, i played Fencing and Archery," she added.

"Nah! I usually play with my cousins. You the ones I hate." he laughed. "Yeah its pretty awesome. Fencing?" he asked he knew little about muggle sports but he did know what archery was so that was a plus.

"Well, Fencing is the art of armed combat involving cutting, stabbing, or slapping bludgeoning weapons directly manipulated by hand, rather than shot, thrown or positioned, of European origin. Examples include swords, knives, pikes, bayonets, batons, clubs, and similar weapons," Hyo-rin replied. "I'm so sorry if that was a weird explanation, i had to memorize facts of the games i play in my Sport Education Class in the palace," she added.

Sams eyes widened, one reason was the type of game the other was her explanation which was much fancier than his. Which he was slightly embarrased about. "That seems quite an interesting game you got there. Are you any good at it?" he asked her amazed at the weapons used.

Hyo-rin raised an eyebrow, "Of course i am!" she said punching Sam playfully. "Well, have you played archery or fencing before?" she asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back