Orion Freecss

Model's Son // Bug Obsessed
OOC First Name
Cole
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
This time of year was perfect to hunt for an adult stick bug. This wasn't exactly where he'd find them, but he had yet to explore this portion of the grounds thoroughly. He wanted to make sure he knew every inch of the school and what his in them. What if there were weevils and beetles undiscovered on Hogwarts grounds? He could have one named after him. The Orion Beetle. Orion's Beetle - something like that. While hunting he had found a few insects and had them in his little container which had a terrarium inside it that he built himself. He looked at them, making their own echo system before looking up at someone nearby. Another lad - maybe he would help. "Hey! You busy?" If he didn't wanna help maybe Orion could scare him with the bugs.

Zion was just out for a walk, not feeling comfortable just hanging out in the dorms. He hummed softly as he walked around, just exploring and enjoying the day. He stilled however as he heard someone speak to him, so he looked over to see another boy. "Not really," He offered. "Why?"

Orion looked over the boy and hit a realization. "Aren't you in my dorm?" He asked before shaking his head. "Not important, want to help me hunt for bugs?" He asked. After all, he wasn't going to force the kid - but of course if he wasn't useful then he was going to make him fun and that would probably involve a spider or two.

Zion was quiet a moment as the boy spoke, studying him. "Oh! Orion, isn't it?" He asked, smiling softly. "Sure, I can help. What do you want me to do?" He asked, figuring just looking around at the ground wouldn't be the most helpful thing ever. "I've never gone on a bug hunt. What kind are you after?"

Orion nodded. "Yes, I'll be honest i'\m awful at names and I don't remember yours. Probably a good thing since most of the names I remember are of people who annoy me." He said honestly. "But hunts are easy if you know where you're looking. Today I'm after an adult stick bug, I want to study its habits and find out if it bites if you tick it off!" He said excitedly. "Ever seen a stick bug before?"

Zion smiled. "I'll count myself lucky you don't remember then." He offered easily. "My name is Zion Lind." He introduced himself again, folding his hands behind his back, listening easily to Orion go on. He was kind of cute going on like that. "I don't think I've seen one, but judging by the name, would it look like a little stick?" He asked, thinking it just made sense.

Orion nodded. Then he grinned large when the boy seemed to know what a stick bug was just from the name. "Smart thinking. They basically do. They're usually brown but then they have legs and antenna." He said excitedly. "If you find one before me you'd be the bug finding champion." He egged on, as if challenging the boy to be able to find one quicker than him.

Zion chuckled, and started wondering around a little bit, peeking around to see if he could find it. "So what does the bug finding champion get?" He asked, wondering if he'd find anything in the grass. He kept looking around, not really seeing anything but trying anyway.

Orion kept looking around as Zion spoke. "Well I'd probably be your friend." He said nonchalantly. After all, he didn't wanna be friends with someone who couldn't spot a bug. He kept to bushes, peeking through them carefully, but it seemed like it might be a not s fruitful day today.

Zion chuckled softly. He kept looking, pausing as he saw the bug they were looking for. Or at least, he thought it was. He reached out, picking it up gently. "Well, then I suppose it's lucky that I found one. I think." He turned, careful to keep the bug in his hand. "Is this what you're looking for?"

Orion looked at the boy when he said that he was lucky to have found one. Excitedly Orion rushed to his side. "No joke, bug hunter expert." He said with a grin looking at the boy and then back at the bug. "Has it bit you yet?" He asked, wondering if it bit at all. He wasn't sure after all, thought he assumed most bugs could bite.

Zion chuckled lightly. "No, it seems pretty docile," He offered, holding the bug out. "Do you want to hold it?" He asked, unsure why the boy liked this type of thing so much, but that was alright. Everyone was free to like what they liked, and Zion was happy to help.

Orion looked at the boy offering the bug out which he eagerly took. The bug crawled from one hand to the next and Orion watched it. "So you get to be the champion for the day. How does it feel to be such a winner?" He asked, smiling at his new friend.

Zion chuckled. "Well seeing you smile like that, it's worth it," He offered easily. "Want to tell me why you like bugs so much?" He asked, watching the bug wandering over Orions fingers. "I'll admit, it does look pretty cool," He commented, almost tempted to do a bit of research on them now- well, at least on the stick bug, anyway.

Orion thought the boys flattery of him was a little strange, but he didn't say anything. Some people just complimented other people he guessed - plus his smile was very handsome. His mother had told him so. "They're really cool. Bugs have been used in medicine and such even by muggles since the dark ages. I want to research magical insects and arachnids and find out what they can be used for. Or what they can make." He said. "Do you have a special hobby like that?" Maybe this kid was interesting like Orion thought himself.

Zion listened to Orion go on, intrigued and honestly a little impressed by the other boys passion. "That's pretty cool," He offered with an easy smile. "I don't," He replied, shaking his head. "But I could help you out if you want?" He suggested, thinking that would work, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back