Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
pansexual
Wand
Knotted 13" Rigid Redwood Wand with Fwooper Feather Core
Norton was very excited to get patrolling, he enjoyed doing it, since it helped him feel just that little bit important. He liked being a prefect though it did a lot of good and he felt just happier being able to do it. It helped the school and it gave him something else to do. He was still of course disappointed that he couldn’t spend the time with April but he also knew it was important that they do different things too, even if it was just different school subjects. The teen was meeting up with Chante, his patrolling partner for this year, something he was quite excited by. The boy worked with her in flourish and blotts and that was usually pretty fun for him. He liked the younger girl. He was leaning on the wall outside of the prefect common room with a smile on his face, this was going to be great! The boy had a bright expression on his face and looked towards the end of the corridor, ”Chante!” the teen waved excited at her when he spotted her. Norton liked Chante she was good fun and he thought they got along well so that patrolling was never too much of an issue. It was just fun!

Chante been in a better mood these days, everything just seemed a little nicer to her. She can't pinpoint to explain her great mood, maybe it was the prefect badge she wore or the fact she was getting better at baking. The prefect badge although, nice to wear came with a lot of responsibilities and keeping up with her lessons. Chante would have to say it was the latter, definitely baking. Or a combination of the two, she won't fuss over it because both gave her reasons to smile more. Like right now, she turns the hall hearing her name being shouted by her friend, Norton. She laughed, casually waving at the hyper spirit boy. Chante swears he might have an animal spirit of a dog or crup, since they were kinda like dogs. Chante headed right to him, carrying her jean bag over her tall shoulders. "Someone ready," Chante beamed at the older boy. "Just like you showed me the way around the book store, you're gonna show me around patrolling, right? Because, my mom was prefect once here, but I don't think she ever did any patrolling," Chante shook her head, the giant woman never really mentioned it much. And if she did, most stories were about her in the Forbidden Forest with aunty, Briar. They didn't seem to take their positions at Hogwarts very serious.

Norton waved excitedly at her and kept the large smile at her as she approached. Of course he would help her out, of course he would do enough to show her what she needed to do. It wasn’t too complicated, he hadn’t actually had any bad experiences so far with any of it. He had had pretty normal, plain sailing experiences. The hufflepuff smiled at her, ”Wow! Your mum was a prefect?! And at school here?! That is so cool Chante!” the teen said to her in surprised but they began walking. ”I don’t think my mother’s school had prefects, she never mentioned it,” Norton had never really considered his parents outside of the home environment. His mother had died before those conversations about school could be had, and he was so distant from his father these days that he didn’t even want to ask. He’d be happy to just talk more easily about Chante and Chante’s mother. ”Really, it’s not that complicated, you just walk around and tell kids to not run,” Norton knew that it was just a little more work and that he had to account for it in his studying and in his working but it didn’t meant too much more than that. ”It’s a little work, but I find that the time flies when you’re with someone cool,” he said with a wide, happy grin, lightly nudging her to make it obvious that he thought her cool.

Chante nodded, her mother didn't much boast about her prefect status, which would explain why Chante knew very little at what they do in school. Come to think of it, aunty Briar was made headgirl and Chante doesn't know what that entails as well. "You think so? She was the first part-giant to attend this school, I think that's why she came back to teach," Chante shared with Norton. She thinks it was the first time she reveals anything about her family to him. They worked together and were friends, but wasn't as close as she was with Len and possibly, Leif? No, Norton was more familiar to her than Leif. Chante really needed to socialize more, being in that kitchen all the time may have negatively impacted her social life. It's why she thought Willow was popular, she seems to get on well with others her age. "What school your mom went to? I don't think my cousin's school had prefects either, or maybe they do," she casually shrugs as they walk together. Norton explained her duties and it was really not that hard to follow. But to do, that may be another story. Chante smiles, diverting her eyes elsewhere. "Ah, you've got me mistaken for my cousin and yourself," she nervously laughs. She trying to do better with her image, but cool didn't come close to describing her. "How's your friend, April? I always see you guys together. You're both on the house team, right?"

Norton looked to her as she talked a little more about her mother, that she was a teacher at the school and a part-giant, ”Wow, that’s so cool for your mum. Is she the Care of Magical Creatures professor?” he asked looking at Chante, he’d always thought she was tall, but had never really questioned it. Some people were just taller than others. At the question she asked him, he chuckled lightly, ”My mother wasn’t magical, she went to muggle school, so I don’t even know if the school she went to had prefects,” Norton felt a little bad that he didn’t know that, that he hadn’t asked his mother about it when she’d been alive. He couldn’t have predicted what would happen and how it would happen preventing him from having such a discussion. He looked at the girl with a curious expression, ”Whose your cousin?” Norton was curious about it, he laughed lightly along with her but was curious. At the mention of April, Norton’s smile grew, a fondness appearing on his expression, ”She’s my girlfriend,” he clarified, he knew their relationship was still growing and developing but he was happily open about his relationship with her, of course he was. ”She’s good, we’re on the team together too yeah, she’s a seeker, I’m a beater,” the boy wasn’t sure how interested Chante would be in quidditch, perhaps she was quite interested and would know what positions they’d played but it didn’t help to say.

Chante nodded, the very one. Growing up, she was looking a little different from her parents. But, recently she starting to resemble more of her dad a little more rather than her mom. They shared the same last name, but she felt her features had changed more in favor of her dad rather than her mom. "They probably do, I feel like we may have more common with muggles than we would generally think. For instance, I'm starting to see the resemblance of muggle animals to our creatures, they're almost the same in some ways. The schools would be no different. How does your mother feel about you coming to this school?" Chante asked the boy, feeling rather comfortable asking him. Chante paused in her steps, "Well, we don't look alike, because my grandma adopted her mom while she was in school, but it's Willow Cullen? She plays for Gryffindor's team," Chante continued walking the halls casually. "That must be nice having someone close to you in the same house and team," Chante wonders what that would be like with her, though she wouldn't be on the quidditch team because the sport was never meant for her. She did try out, or she remembers trying out and it flopped. No, baking was her thing and she has grown to love it. She wonders if she'll ever meet someone that liked baking as much as her.

Norton smiled happily at Chante, listening along as the girl spoke a little about the similarities between the muggle and magical school, but the last question gave his smile a little pause. He wasn’t sure if he should just say, they had such an easy energy right now, and he knew that would ruin it. Instead he just thought about how pleased his mother would’ve been, how proud of both him and his twin she had always been. ”I think she would’ve been really proud,” he replied carefully, a little smile on his features, a soft fond smile as he thought of his mother, using the past tense and hoping that the fact he wasn’t visibly upset wouldn’t lead to more discussion on the topic. The boy nodded as the other girl continued speaking, taking about her cousin, someone that due to quidditch Norton was at the very least aware of. ”Oh yeah! I know of her, she seems cool!” the boy smiled at the mention of it being nice to have April, and he nodded. It was very nice and he didn’t feel like it was overwhelming. ”It is, and even though we do share a lot of the same spaces, we still have space to like be,” Norton thought it was good that they could spend a lot of time together and a lot of time apart. He thought it was important to not lose yourself in someone else, so independent time apart was good too. ”She’s amazing, April is the best seeker, she’s the best dancer, she’s the best,” he gushed fondly.

"That's good," Chante may have not captured the past tense in his wording, or did so and she didn't want to press him more with questions. It if was the latter, Chante would think of him brave or secretive. Something in between them, her friend seems so carefree and easy going. Aloof, but much friendlier in his ways. Chante would like to be more like that, she was starting to feel more like that. It was just taking a while to get there, her headspace was still a little messy. "Yeah, she is. She trying out for seeker next year, so you guys better watch out," Chante tease a friendly warning. Willow is an exceptional flier from what Chante saw so far of her cousin. She really inherited her aunt's ability to dash around the pitch. Chante hopes her cousin get the first line as a seeker next year, she'll probably be more interested in coming to the games by then. "I think she feels the same way about you, I bet," Chante smiles stopping by near a painting. It was quiet around these hallways, nothing was happening thus far since they've been patrolling the area. "So, have you ever had anything unusual happen to you while on prefect duties?"

Norton smiled at Chante some what pleased when either she didn’t pick up on his wording or was just opting to let it be ignored. He didn’t really talk about what happened with his mother, he just thought it was too heavy a topic to focus on and he could just opt to be happy and let those emotions just sit by the side. He looked to the girl as she explained that her cousin would be trying out for seeker and he nodded with a smile. ”She’ll need to watch out for my bludgers,” the prefect joked back with a wide and enthusiastic smile on his face. He of course knew that beaters tended to try to hit seekers but he didn’t always target the seeker, it was just a very common target for people in his position. He was also pretty happy that she didn’t mind his gushing about his girlfriend to her, it was just so easy for him to do, it came so easily, he thought her pretty perfect. The teen stopped at the painting that Chante had stopped at and then shook his head, ”Not really, mostly it’s just reminding kids to get to bed, or reminding couples they need to go to their respective dorms. Nothing unusual,” he wasn’t sure if he’d rather something unusual or not. It was work and he needed to focus on that. ”What would you maybe class as unusual?” he decided to ask, maybe he had seen something unusual but didn’t think of it as that unusual.[/B][/B]

Chante respectively shrugs, "I dunno, like a troll comes in through the dungeons or an infestation of doxies swarms in through an open window," Chante randomly come up with such scenarios that would probably happen more at her house than Hogwarts. But thought no less that could very much happen at Hogwarts if adults here were to slack on a random day like this and let their guards down. It would be chaos everywhere, what could possibly prepare them for that? "Don't mind me," Chante laughs, blushing some at her ridiculous train of thoughts. "I know the professors won't let something like that happen, but can you just picture it? Everyone running around crazy and the troll trying to break into the kitchen?" Chante mused, at this point, she probably would like to see it happen if safety wasn't a concern. It would make for a great story to tell her children one day. Otherwise, compare to her mother's adventures at Hogwarts, Chante been living on the dull side of life. She wished she was more out there like Willow, her cousin made it looked so easy.

Norton laughed lightly at what she said would be interesting or weird. He couldn’t help but think that either of the scenarios that she suggested would be pretty interesting but definitely dangerous. The teen smiled, ”I think if there was a troll in the dungeons, we could definitely take it,” Norton joked easily, of course that scenario was so obscure that it was unlikely to ever happen and thus wouldn’t ever need them to do anything but if it did he was sure they’d do the more sensible thing of finding a teacher who would be more equipped to deal with it. The teen nodded in agreement, it would be crazy, ”It would definitely go down in the hogwarts History books!” he returned with a little smile. ”The question would be, how do you think it got into the school?” the boy asked with a little smile, ”Do you think it just walked in the front door, or do you think it used some other manner to get into the school?” this was a hypothetical that was never going to happen, but it was to Norton a fun little mind thread to be on.

Chante quirks a curious brow, "You think so? I sort of dropped out of the SDA club to try something new this year. I like dueling, don't get me wrong, but, I don't know," she probably could have joined the Wild Patch club without leaving SDA. She made the decision to lessen her workload this year and sign up for a club that she'd enjoyed more rather than it being another task on her list. Chante hadn't garden for a while, so she took her chance by getting back into something she already loved. "My wand work is still kicking, but maybe I should take some time to practice if in case that ever happens," Chante nodded at the hypothetical scenario, then shrug spitballing at this point. "The dungeons, or the kitchen. A part of the castle we've never been before, like the supposed room of requirements. I heard it exist somewhere in the higher floors, have you ever been there? I don't think it exists, both Hogwarts can't have that room right?" Chante deliberates out loud, really jumping around with topics. She really gets to talking when there weren't many distractions happening to shut the Hufflepuff up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back