Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
Who Cares?
Wand
Pear Wood, Unicorn hair core, 14 inches
Sapphire had learned over the years that she and Onyx had been together, that any time she was feeling emotionally vulnerable, he was where she would go. It was easy to find him, she knew where she could find him. He was pretty much always in the same places. She tried his place, but it was empty. She almost didn't go to Jamie's; she didn't want to deal with the pretty Frenchman right now. But after the mess that had just happened, she needed her brother. Sighing heavily, Sapphire apparated to Marseille and walked to the flat. She walked up to the door, taking a deep breath before knocking. She resisted the urge to wince when Jamie was the one to answer. "I need him," she knew she looked a bit defeated and small, but she was too drained to try and hide it as well as she could have. She also didn't want to say anything else to her brothers fiancé, still unsure if she even approved of how quickly Onyx had rushed into that.

Jamie had a rare day off. Onyx was out working and Jamie was at home. He’d taken the time to tidy and dust, to air the place out. To wash and change the sheets, to get new flowers for the place and just make it more home. He knew they were thinking about moving, giving Onyx and him the chance to figure a new place out for themselves, design it and everything rather than settling just for the place that Jamie had. He heard a knock at the door and frowned. They weren’t expecting anyone, better he wasn’t expecting anyone. He went to the door and opened it, surprised when it was Sapphire at the door. She seemed a little more defeated and perhaps a little less hostile to him. ”He’s stepped out, come in, you can wait for him,” he told her. He hoped one day to win Sapphire over but it would take time. He stepped aside so she could step in, she’d see the influence of Onyx on the place, his stuff around it, pictures of his family and of them rather than just of Jamie and Jamie’s family. ”Can I get you a drink, water, tea or wine?”

Sapphire hesitated for a minute in the doorway. Did she even want to go in? She felt too vulnerable to go anywhere else. She let out a heavy sigh and walked in. She didn't bother replying, noting but not commenting on how obvious it was that Onyx lived there now. She moved to the kitchen table and fell into an open chair, ignoring Jamie and putting her head in her hands. "How long?" she asked after a few minutes, not looking to see if her brother's fiancé was anywhere near.

Jamie knew that Sapphire didn’t really like him, well, she was wary and he knew she had good reason to be given Onyx’s past but he also wished she might trust him or trust her twin’s opinion. He knew that he was just going to have to work twice as hard to sway her. He gave a little shrug, ”Not sure, but you’re free to wait as long as it takes,” he hesitated for a second as if trying to decide if he should say something like my house is your house but thought that might be a bit much. ”Are you alright? I don’t have a phone but I could try patronus messaging him?” he said though he wasn’t sure if Onyx would be in muggle or magical areas. Jamie was left looking towards Sapphire with a slightly nervous expression.

Sapphire let out a deep sigh. "Don't bother," she grumbled, not moving. She was quiet a moment before speaking again, her voice much, much softer. "He's told you everything, hasn't he?" She asked, not looking to the man. "We didn't grow up together. I raised myself. I had to fight and struggle to survive for almost twelve years before he found me." She sighed, finally looking up to Jamie, a deep sadness in her eyes. "I don't hate you. You make him happy. Happier than I've ever seen him." She sighed, laying her head on the table. "I'm tired of fighting," she shut her eyes, defeated.

Jamie didn’t confirm or deny whether Onyx had, only because she wasn’t looking at him so she wouldn’t see his reaction. He did move to the table and gave her a little smile, somewhat reassured when she said she didn’t hate him. She was tired of fighting. He sat down next to her and put a hand on her shoulder. ”I can’t begin to understand how that would’ve been for you, but it’s okay, at least around me and Onyx you don’t need to fight. If you need anything from us, we’ll always be there for you. Onyx is going to be my family and that means you will be too,” Jamie said speaking softly to her. He didn’t know if something specifically had happened or if she was just feeling lonely. He wasn’t going to steal Onyx away from her, he hoped she knew that. ”But Onyx will always be your family first and foremost and Sapphire, I’m never stand in the way of that, family is important to Onyx, you are important to him and nothing he and I become will detract from that.,”

Sapphire froze up when Jamie touched her. The rest of his words barely registered. She jumped up and back, stepping back several steps and wrapping her arms around herself. She shook her head. "Don't," her voice cracked. "Don't." She ran a hand through her hair. "I don't- I can't trust you," she shook her head stubbornly. "It took Onyx years. I tried to do better. I- I trusted Chrys. I thought- I thought if Onyx loved him, then-"

Sapphire shook her head, biting her lip. "Oliver left. Alkander left. They didn't say goodbye, I never saw them again." She could feel the tears falling, and she tried to hide it. "I'm bad luck. Aunt Myra- I never even knew I had family, not until Onyx came out of nowhere. She knew- my first- my only boyfriend, he broke up with me because he knew she was right, he told me she was right."

Sapphire shook her head, crumbling. She slid to sit on the floor, running her hands into her hair. "Onyx- he's all I have, and I almost- she was after me, and he was stupid," she sighed heavily, pulling her knees up and burying her head in her arms. "Just go away, I just want Onyx," she sighed.

Jamie pulled his hand away when she jerked out of it. He held his hands up as she spoke and then just listened and gave a little shake of his head. He thought it was rather cruel of some boy to confirm someone’s worst fears. But he knew he couldn’t make Onyx come back any faster. But he sent a message, sending his patronus on to at least let him know that Sapphire was upset and asking for him and just he should come home. ”I’ve sent for him, but he might not be quick,” he said. Jamie wasn’t sure what else to do. Sapphire wasn’t as easy for him to attempt to comfort as Onyx was. ”You don’t need to trust me, you haven’t really known me long enough and we haven’t had much chance to get to know each other yet. But whatever boy said your aunt was right was both an idiot and wrong. You are a good person, not bad luck,” Jamie wasn’t sure there was much else he could say.

Sapphire let out a strained laugh. "Right. You don't know me. I'm not good," she scoffed, shaking her head and hugging her knees to her chest. She let out a heavy sigh, her body deflating. She was just so tired of fighting all the time. She let out a long, slow breath. "You sound like Onyx, though. Going on like that." She was quiet a moment, actually turning to look at Jamie. She bit her lip, thinking.

"I... You act... differently..." she murmured. She tucked her hair behind her ear. "Chrys would have been angling to sleep together by now," she let out a dry laugh, before laying her head on her arms. "He was a d*ck," she complained, shutting her eyes again. Noel was a d*ck, too. It still stung that he'd torn into her the way he had. Maybe she and Onyx were really twins; they both attracted toxic relationships.

Jamie shook his head, "I don't know you, but I do know Onyx, and he trusts and loves you dearly, and that's enough for me to know you are good," he knew that Onyx hadn't always had the best luck with people, but he knew that he was always trying and he knew what he had done for Sapphire. He gave a little smile at her words before nodded. "Chrys by all accounts was just the worst sort of person," he agreed. He had never met the man and really never wanted to. He seemed like just terrible and Jamie knew he'd be more likely to punch him. "I am not him, and I wouldn't ever betray Onyx like that," Jamie told her, "Do you have someone like Chrys in your life right now?"

Sapphire would have rolled her eyes at Jamie, but she didn't bother turning her head to do so. She scoffed as he said he wouldn't betray Onyx. "Chrys didn't care until Onyx caught him. And I'm pretty sure he was more annoyed Onyx interrupted than he was upset that he hurt him." She did roll her eyes that time, but more for herself than anything.

She grimaced as he asked if she had her own Chrys. "It's different," she grumbled, letting out a heavy sigh. "After my first train wreck, I swore off dating. For a while I had a bit of a casual thing with a boy down the street. I almost went back on my policy, I went to see him after I graduated. But I travel for my work, Uncle James helped me get going. I mean technically I have an apartment in Paris but I stay with Uncle James over the weekends." She shook her head. "I asked him to go with me, go traveling, but he got all pissy and there was this huge fight and he stopped talking to me." She scowled.

She ran a hand over her face. "Frankie still pisses me off, but I'm handling it." She couldn't help the hurt that crossed her face. "While I was... at school, there was this... guy. Noel. In sixth year, he proposed to his girl. She shut him down, used all of the cliché reasons to turn him down. He approached me in seventh, we made an arrangement. I was lonely and bored without Onyx, he wanted a distraction from his ex. We spent a good bit of time together."

She sighed. "I caught feelings. But he was still hung up on his ex. I wasn't going to hang around and be his second choice, so I ended it. He argued with me for a bit, but I thought it was the end of it." Sapphire ran both hands into her hair. "I just ran into him outside my apartment. I tried to leave, he stopped me, I told him to piss off, he got mad and tore into me." She smirked a bit, though it was bitter. "I punched him in the face and left."

Jamie wasn't like that, he wouldn't treat Onyx like that. He gave a little sigh, thinking of how poorly this Chrys character had treated Onyx and as it turned out his sister too. He wouldn't understand, couldn't understand how anyone could be as cruel as that to someone they were seeing. But he bit back any comment he had, he listened as she talked about a boy she'd been seeing casually and how it had ended. Which didn't seem good. But she didn't seem to be upset about it. Jamie just listened as she went on to talk about school, about the boy there. Jamie didn't know what was in the water at that school but he was glad he'd left. "If you have an address we can go curse him together, or we can set a bludger loose in his apartment?" he suggested with a bit of a smile, "But he also sounds like just the worst sort of person, it's better he's out of your life and out of that girl's life too," Jamie said.

Sapphire let out a deep sigh, though she couldn't help but chuckle at Jamie's comment. She turned to look at him, studying him for several long moments before shutting her eyes and sighing heavily, leaning her head back against the wall. "Alright, alright. You win." She laid one leg out, but left the other up so she could prop her arm up on it. "You're not too bad. For a Quidditch player," she teased, turning to look at him.

"I figured it out, you know. Why you looked familiar. We played a game together once, you and I. I was a beater on Slytherin, back when Odette ran things, and you, pretty boy, you were the captain of the Beauxbatons team." She smirked. "Too bad you didn't stick around after your victory. Onyx actually ran out onto the field to get me when he set down; I'd been hit twice and he's always been a baby about bludger hits." She rolled her eyes, before shaking her head and sighing. "That would have been easier. It was before Chrysander, too. Things would have been simpler if you two had just run into each other back then. Back when he was still eager and innocent." She brushed her hair back. "Who knows, maybe you could've introduced me to some other pretty french boys," she complained lightly.

Jamie was pleased that he might just be making some improvements with Sapphire, he knew how deeply important his family was to Onyx and Jamie didn't want him to have to ever pick betwee them or have to get between them, so the more she liked him the better it could be. He gave her a little smile. He was surprised to hear that they'd once played against each other, the game where he'd been captain and Sapphire had been on the team. He gave a little smile, "I was pretty hung up on a girl at the time..but I'm sure one look at Onyx and I'd have been set....straight..," he'd hestiated knowing the wording was maybe a little funny. "Onyx and I were destined to meet, and there will be universe where after that game, we lingered, I met my love and you kissed some pretty french boys,"

Sapphire snorted at his words, shaking her head. "Eh. It's probably for the best. You're what, three years older?" She looked over to him. "Something tells me you wouldn't have been as receptive to the dramatic second year." She sighed, standing and glancing to the door. Onyx was apparently not coming back anytime soon. Oddly enough, she didn't feel as horrible as she had when she'd arrived. She hesitated a moment before biting her lip and looking back to the Frenchman. She was quiet, looking away and carefully unfolding her arms and holding them out slightly. It was subtle, but hopefully clear. She wanted a hug.

Jamie gave a little shrug, "Two years technically but it might've put us three years apart," he told her, he wasn't sure what it was and he didn't think now was the time to really think on it. He just shrugged, "Probably not, but I was a whiny 5th year," he said knowing that neither would've likely been right for wach other at that point, but time had made them possible. Had made them happen. Jamie was watching Sapphire and gave a little smile as she indicated she wanted a hug. Jamie was in an instant hugging her, though he was moving in a way where she could pull away and he was avoiding holding her too tightly either, keeping the hug loose and easy.

Sapphire was tense for that first moment, her arms still out to the side stiffly. She didn't want to let go of her mistrust. But Jamie was warm, and something about him reminded her of Onyx. She was tense for a long moment before she let out a long sigh, her stance relaxing as the air fell out of her. She relaxed, shutting her eyes, leaning into the touch and wrapping her arms around him. "I still don't like you," she muttered half heartedly into his chest, though part of her knew neither of them would believe that anymore.

After a long moment against him, she pulled away. She squared her shoulders and held her head high, acting like she hadn't just slipped up and dropped all of her defenses. "Tell the crybaby to come and visit," she waved a hand dismissively, turning and starting for the door. "I have better things to do than hang out waiting for the brat,"

She stopped as she reached the door, turning back to look to Jamie. "Oh, before I forget, a little word of advice," she flipped her hair and half turned, a hand on her hip. "Chrys was able to capture Onyx for as long as he did because my brother has this innate need to be owned. He's been on the move his entire life. He wants a home, he wants to belong." She rolled her eyes. "He got off on being 'his kitty' and honestly, I think it upset him more that he had no one to belong to than it did that Chrys cheated."

Sapphire pointed to the ring on Jamie's hand. "You might want to put a collar on your kitten. He won't admit it, he tries to pretend he doesn't, but really, be forceful and make sure he knows he belongs to you. He'll feel better." She raised her hand and saluted Jamie before turning and sashaying out the door again.

Jamie felt her tense in his hold and then slowly she relaxed into it, and he laughed at her muttering. He sat with her, until she pulled away and then he looked at her with a little smile. He nodded, "I'll be sure to tell him," Jamie smiled and then watched as Sapphire as she began to leave, he was a little surprised by what she said, he didn't feel like it wasn't incorrect or something he hadn't noticed. He wouldn't have put it as crassly as she did, he knew that Onyx wanted to belong, wanted a family, wanted to be loved. Jamie gave a little nod, "I'll get him a ring," he said, assuring her that he would and really he would. He would get his name engraved it or something. He would do this for sure.

Onyx had been out running a few errands. He had stopped by a few different places, before making his way to the grocery store. He had a list he meant to get, but as he walked through the store a little patronus came to tell him that his sister was at the flat and in a bit of distress. Panicking, Onyx rushed through the rest of his list- he couldn't just drop what he had already gathered, he needed it for dinner- and the line was long.

He felt like it was too long by the time he rushed back to the flat, brown bags of groceries in both arms. He knocked open the door with his hip, trying to rush inside. "Sa-!" He started to call, but in his haste to get inside his feet tangled and he fell into the flat. His groceries skittered across the floor as he hit the ground. Among his groceries there were also several university pamphlets and real estate magazines, all of them decorating the floor of the flat in a colorful avalanche. He yelped as he smacked his face into the floor, whimpering as he bit his tongue during the fall.

Onyx sat up, teary eyed with a hand over his mouth, and looked around frantically. He already knew she wasn't there- she would have been dying of laughter as she dragged him to his feet. Had Jamie stepped out too? Onyx whimpered, a few tears slipping out as he tried to banish the throbbing of his tongue, his chin, and the way he'd twisted his ankle when he fell. He could tell he wasn't hurt too badly- mostly just sore and embarrassed.

Jamie had watched Sapphire leave and as she did, Jamie began a message to Onyx so that he wouldn't come rushing in. But, he wasn't quick enough as he heard Onyx run into the flat and then crash to the floor. Jamie rushed through of course, to make sure he was okay and saw Onyx already sitting up. With a careless flick of his hand the groceries began moving to the kitchen and the leaflets moving to the kitchen table. Jamie made his way over to Onyx and bent down where the man was sitting, "You okay there baby?" he noted the tears in the man's eyes but he wasn't sure if that was because he was hurt or just the shock. "I was just sending you a message there, Sapphire's okay, I managed to get her to talk to me," he told him. Clearly indicating in his tone he should've been quicker getting in touch with Onyx.

Last edited:
Onyx nodded slowly, rubbing his sleeve over his eyes. He was about to lift up his arms, wanting to be held, but the way Jamie spoke took him by surprise. Jamie hadn't scolded Onyx before. Well, he had, but only when Onyx was feeling negative about himself. This felt different.

Onyx couldn't even contest it; he should have been home, he should have done more, he should have dropped the groceries and rushed back sooner. Tears welled up in his eyes again and he shrunk away, deflated. "I- I'm sorry- I just- dinner- I didn't mean-" he stammered, his lower lip trembling. He bit it, pushing up and walking past, trying to get away before Jamie noticed he was crying. Onyx walked out onto the balcony, pulling a chair to the edge of it and curling up. He felt a little more hidden out here. He let his hair down, hiding his face. God, even when he was trying his best he was still just worthless. He sniffled, curling in tighter on himself as his thoughts started spiraling.

Jamie was immediately thrown by Onyx's reaction, he'd expected an answer to his question, he'd expected maybe some questions about what had been bothering Sapphire, but he watched his love immediately close off and with tears that he wasn't now sure were entirely from the fall were in his eyes. But he just pushed past him and out to the balcony, which was where he went when he was upset....or in a lower mood. Jamie frowned. He decided to give him a moment, and finished putting everything away before he went out. The words had been confusing. He went outside to the balcony and noted that Onyx was crying, and was curled up. Jamie went over and got to his love's level and frowned, "Baby, what's wrong? Why are you upset? Did I say something to upset you? I didn't mean to, baby, I'm sorry," he was speaking quickly unsure what was wrong and keen to figure it out. He hated seeing his baby so upset.

-godmod approved-

Onyx was trying to pull it together, but it was hard to see directions when he started spiraling. He opened his eyes when he heard a voice. Jamie. There was a direction. His favorite. He whined softly, shifting to lean forward and burrowing into his love. He was quiet for a few moments, crying softly.

It felt like ages before he had settled a little, wrapped up in Jamie's familiar warmth, his comforting cologne. "You shouldn't be sorry," he murmured, tangling his fingers in the hem of Jamie's shirt. "You were... you were right to scold me, I- I should have been here, I should have..." he drew in a shaky breath, burrowing in closer. "I just... I want to make your favorite for dinner, if... If I had left the store right away, without the groceries, I... I wouldn't have been able to, I just... I thought..." he sighed, sniffling as the tears started falling again and hiccupping softly. "I'm such an idiot..." he bit his lip a little harder, trying to pull himself together.

Jamie was a little unnerved to see him so upset and just have him then climb into his lap, when he still did not understand why. He got himself into a better position and just held the man close. He frowned at the words and then realised what it was, "Oh baby, no," he said, he leaned in pressing little kisses to wherever he could, "Me, I was scolding me, I should've been quicker to send you a message, both when she arrived and when she left," he leaned in his head towards Onyx, "Baby no, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scold you, I wasn't, you are so perfect and you got hurt because I wasn't quick enough. I'm sorry baby," he assured him. "You're no idiot, I'm an idiot," he tried to assure him. He felt silly for having not paid attention to his wording.

Onyx shut his eyes, purring softly as Jamie peppered kisses over his skin. He sighed softly, turning to try and catch Jamie's lips with his own. "No, no mon chiot," he murmured, bringing his hands up to brush his fingers lightly over Jamie's jaw. He sighed again, sniffling softly and trying to will himself to stop crying. "I... I misunderstood, you didn't..." He let out a breathless laugh, though it choked into a soft sob at the end. He leaned forward again, hiding his face in Jamie's neck.

"Maybe we're both silly," he let his hands fall, gripping at the hems of his lovers shirt. "Just... just give me a minute, hold me? And then I'll go make dinner and we can cuddle under a blanket on the couch?" He offered, snuggling closer. "I'm sorry, Jamie," Onyx added softly, pressing a kiss to Jamie's skin. "I've just felt... on edge all day, like my own head has been out to drag me under, I... I don't know, I should've done more." He sighed, slumping more into Jamie and trying to focus on his warmth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back