Brooding until the new school year

Fenton Longestine

Wand
12 1/2" ash and willow mix with thestral hair core
Fenton sat slumped into the window seat of the fourth floor bay window and looked out across the cold snow covered grounds. He would give anything to be back in Brightstone again, even for a few moments. This place was stifling and without Harrison and Aries here it was now unbearable. He had just sent a letter off to Andromeda, apologizing for his behaviour but deep down he knew he wasn't in the slightest bit sorry for his actions. The girl was plaguing him, constantly on his mind. He was crazy about her, had been ever since he had first met her and even discovering that she was a werewolf hadn't detracted from that in the slightest. She meant everything to him and yet, he meant nothing but a friend to her.

He sighed and knocked his hand against the window before looking at the book on his lap. Flipping over a few pages, he glanced down the corridor at the sound of voices and laughter. That seemed strange here but Fenton knew the laughter was most likely the result of some disgusting prank played on some unsuspecting fool. He was glad his parents had finally relented to his tranferring next year. It didn't matter that it would be his final year, he would be spending it with Aries and Andromeda. He hoped by then she would be well and truly over this boyfriend of hers, who he discovered would be finishing up this year anyhow. The way would be all clear for him, at least it would be if she for just a brief moment gave him a second glance. Another bout of laughter from down the hall, Fenton turned back to his book and tried to concentrate but found all he saw before him was her amber eyes and red hair.

If he couldn't have her, he would have to learn how to conquer his feelings for her because other wise he would only be living half a life.

It was the day, the day that she's stock and nothing to do. She walked lazy going down to the kitchens to have a snack. With a book on hand, she opened it even she's walking in the corridors. It was cold. Always cold. In this country.

While walking on the fourth floor, she noticed a fellow classmate. Sitting on the window sill, looking out. Angelica approached the boy who she didn't quite talk to, "Hey." She said cheerily as the boy isn't.

Fenton turned his head to see Angelica approach him. He had distanced himself a fair bit from his other classmates after Harrison and Aries left that now most of them didn't talk with him. He smiled at her though it never quite made it to his eyes. A superficial smile, though he was trying.
"Hey" he answered her swinging his long legs around so that there was room now for her to sit if she chose to. He closed the text book and for a brief moment was glad he didn't have to think about Andy.
"What are you up to then?"

It was a general question, he had never really talked to her before now. Probably way back in second or third year had been the last time. The laughter at the end of the corridor died away as the students moved on. Fenton turned back to look at Angelica.
"Sitting down?"

"I'm just my way down and i saw you, so, i decided to talked to you. Its been a long time since we talked." She said answering Fenton's question. Angelica was still smiling, but she can't be happy if her friend isn't happy. "What's wrong?" Angelica asked Fenton, she sat beside him and gave him a sad look.

He looked at her for a moment trying to decide whether or not to even mention the girl who haunted his every waking moment. He had tried to blame his raging hormones but there was only so much of those he could blame. Fenton sighed and slid off the window seat and chose to lean against it instead. His tall lean frame towered over Angelica, even as he slouched slightly.

"Girl trouble I guess" he gave her a lopsided grin, "I like someone and she likes me as a brother or as a friend. What's up with that huh?"
He couldn't believe he had simply blurted it out in the end and shaking his head slightly looked at her.
"Sorry shouldn't dump this on you."

Angelica was waiting for Fenton to answer, she crossed her leg and waited looking at him. As Fenton speak about a girl he likes, Angelica nodded slightly, she knows what her friend is sad about. "That's fine, that's why friends are invented." She said simply, smiling.

"Is the girl at this school or in another school?.. Or in a muggle school?" Angelica asked curiously, the girls in this institute are well known because there isn't enough girls in here, just a few. "Tell me all about it, if you want to cry, cry if you want. If you want to punch the wall, punch it. Its just simple."

Fenton looked at her as if she had lost the plot entirely, he reached out a hand and scuffed her hair playfully.
"Cry? are you mental? I don 't cry over girls" at least he hadn't yet and certainly wasn't planning on it. Did boys cry over girls? Would he cry over Andromeda?

He didn't think he could actually tell Angelica about who it was though, she would remember the werewolf incidents at the school a few years back when Professor Gould had tortured and abused her for his own gain, all in the name of education. Many of the students had thoroughly enjoyed the classes where they got to be face to face with a real werewolf, though she was always heavily guarded.

With a sigh he shook his head.
"She's at another school, in New Zealand actually. I think she went as far from me as she possibly could" this wasn't true at all, she had needed to get away ... to safety but the distance between them still pained him.

The boy just touched her hair, "Hey, the hair, please." She said pointing her pointer finger at her head where Fenton's hand is. "Why would boys don't cry over a girl?... I see many of them crying because they loved the girls." Yes, she had seen one, her dad actually was crying for her mother when she said she wanted a divorce.

Fenton then had mentioned New Zealand and she and the other's knew what school it was. "You mean she's in Hogwarts?.... Why all the boys here has girlfriend in that school?..." Angelica trailed off curiously, she hated that school, lucky, her parents divorce didn't went to the supreme court. Or she'll be in that school next year for her 7th year.

Fenton laughed as she got snooty over her hair but as tempted as he was to ruffle it again he refrained from doing so.
"I never said I loved her" it was his turn to be indignant as he pushed himself off the window seat and shoved his hands into his pockets.

"But yeah she's at Hogwarts" her next statement startled him a bit as he looked at her quizzically.
"Who has a girlfriend there?"

"Oh, yeah. Its like you don't know the happenings in this school." Angelica raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms. "I heard Hayden is dating a Hufflepuff and..." She trailed off thinking other boy students who has a girlfriend at Hogwarts, "I knew lot's but i think they all broke up... plus, you." She explained Fenton.

Fenton merely shrugged.
"I don't listen to gossip, what's the point? Anyhow a Hufflepuff? What in Merlins name is a Hufflepuff?" he frowned slightly at her as he took a step away and indicating with his head that he was going to walk a bit, he picked up his book, "you staying or coming? And FYI I'm not dating Andromeda, so we couldn't break up. What about you... who are you dating these days?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back