Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
10 inch straight, slightly springy Vine with Fwooper Feather Core
ID #104456

Ember hadn't expected to start looking forward to having a baby with Morwen. She knew that they had things they needed to do, but she'd cautiously let herself start to dream. Morwen had been just... amazing. Even more so than usual. She had even started considering asking him to marry her instead, despite her protests from before. But after her doctors appointment that morning, she felt like her entire world had just crashed down on her.

She had come home, pissed and confrontational, and had stormed right out the back door. She wasn't sure where Morwen was, and she wasn't sure she even wanted to know. He was going to be so upset. Ember walked to the back porch, sunk down on the steps, and broke down. She buried her face in her hands and started sobbing, her entire gut roiling in despair. She felt like she was going to be sick. And that just broke her heart all the more.

Morwen got off work early, waving goodbye to his colleagues before he made his way to the baby boutique he passed by that morning. He looked around the store until he saw some plush toys and a hanging mobile for the crib. He went ahead, picked the elephant one and purchased them, asked the clerk to have them placed in a pretty gift bag. He just hoped that his girlfriend would like them.

He arrived home, noticing the door was already open when he let himself in. He placed the gift bag on the table. "Ember?", he called out as he took of his coat. He went about the house, looking into their room. "Em,love? You home?", asking although he knew she was. She was not in the room so he made his way to the kitchen when he saw a hunched figure out the back porch. Ember. He went out to the back porch. "Ember? What's wrong?", he softly called out. He slowly approached her, realizing she was sobbing. "Hey, what's wronng, honey?", he sat down, arm around her small frame.

Last edited:
Ember relaxed just a bit when Morwen sat with her, turning her head and burrowing into his side. She cried for a little while, inconsolable, but eventually she calmed down enough that she could speak. She was clinging to Morwen, and she didn't bother pulling away. She didn't want to see the look on his face. "Morwen- I- my appointment this morning-" Ember hiccupped, holding tighter to his shirt. "Morwen- we- we lost the baby," She forced herself to speak, her voice breaking in several different places.

Knowing he would be upset, Ember pulled back, and pulled him down into her arms instead. She tangled a hand in his hair, shutting her eyes. "Morwen, I miscarried," She whispered again, tears still streaming down her face.

Morwen just held Ember in his arms, keeping his silence as he waited for her to calm down and speak. The wait was unbearable as he had a gnawing feeling in the pit of his stomach. Things were great between them which meant there would only be a few things that would get her shaken up. Then, Ember started to talk. Her appointment. His worry grew and felt the earth fell on him at her words. He was numb and did not realize it was Ember hugging him now until he felt her hands on his hair. And just like that, his tears fell. He wrapped his arms around her torso and he gave in. He saw it coming the moment he saw her on the porch in tears but it hit him hard, so hard that he wondered if he could still function after that.

Ember kept hold of Morwen, her own tears still falling. She rocked them gently, holding him close. She started humming gently, trying not to come apart at the seems as she held her Morwen close to her. "Morie," she sighed, staying still for a long while before gently pulling back. She brushed his hair from his eyes, sniffling still herself. "I love you, Morwen..." She spoke gently, her voice breaking. Would he still love her after this? Still want her at his side? She bit her lip, unsure what the future held in store for them.

Morie felt like his world, their world had stopped. Their precious child went before they could even get a glimpse. He did not notice being pulled from the embrace until his tear-streaked eyes met hers. He sniffled at the touch of her hand. "Ember...", he whispered, his heart broke for her too. "I love you too.", he added, leaning to press his lips on hers. They were hurt and he wanted them to work through the pain. Together.

Ember sighed, reaching up to brush his hair out of his eyes. "Let's just go to bed, Morie," she offered, standing and offering out her hand. Laying down and cuddling for a few hours would probably do them both some good. "We should stay home for a few days, don't you think?" She asked.

Morie gave Ember a faint smile. He needed to be strong for her. She needed him. He stood up, wrapped an arm around her, and led them inside the house. At her suggestion, he looked down at her. "Why don't we get away?", he suggested. He thought he could call Evelyn and informed her about the crisis. "We could rent a car, go for a drive. Just you and me. What do you say?" It was a long shot, asking Ember to go somewhere but he did not want to be at home. It was too painful to be surrounded by the things that they have brought over the months in preparation for the big day.

Ember considered his words a moment, before nodding. "Sure, yeah, let's do that. Go somewhere new. Should we even pack or just go?" She asked. She thought it would be nice to just leave. She had money, they could just buy anything they needed.

Morwen felt relieved that Ember agreed to his idea. He hadn't thought past suggesting it so he did not have any idea as to the details. "You can pack a bag if you need to, love. Can you pack me one too? I'll clean up around here a bit and give Evelyn a call.", he softly said, giving her a hug. Packing was not really necessary as they could just buy the things they need once they reached somewhere.

Ember nodded, falling easily into the hug. She held him for several moments before pulling back and going upstairs to pack them a bag. She was quick, and within minutes she'd returned with one large duffle bag. "Morwen?" She called, wondering around and looking for her love.

Morwen was on the phone, finishing up a call with Evelyn when he heard Ember. He went out of the small studio. He met her in the living room, smiling as he took the bag from her. "All set. Shall we go?", he asked. Evelyn had been generous enough to lend them one of the cars they used for muggle photoshoots. He caught sight of the gift bag he just bought home making him stop short.

Ember was about to agree with Morwen, ready to get out of there, when something caught his eye. She stepped back into his line of sight, reaching up and trying to turn his face back to hers. "Morwen. Look at me. Here, I'm right here. Nothing else." She stepped closer, trying to keep his attention on her. "Where are we going? Tell me. Where are you taking us right now?" She asked.

Morwen's face was blank as he stared at the gift bag. He just froze and his eyes went unfocused until Ember came to his view. He closed his eyes and inhaled deeply. He exhaled slowly, opened them again, and gave his girlfriend a smile. He tucked her hair behind her ear. "We'll tour New Zealand. We'll eat what we want, do it and try everything. Anything and everything.", he said, a plan suddenly forming in his head as he kept his gaze on hers.

Ember kept her attention on Morie, nodding along with his plan and trying to pull him with her towards the door. "Okay, come on then, let's go." She tried to encourage him. "We have a lot to do." She gave him her best wobbly smile. "Are you ready?"

Morie was looking at Ember, not believing how brave Ember was right now. He was supposed to be the one taking care of her at this moment. He pulled her back toward him just before they got out of the door, kissing her on the lips. "Now, I'm ready.", he whispered, finally giving him a smile. He wrapped his arm around her as they made their way to the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back