Breaking the news.

Sam Prince

OOC First Name
Louise
Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
Sam walked with Jenna up to the owlery of coarse getting directions from students around the school. It was their first time up there, and he was dreading every second of it. He clenched the parchment in his hand so it was a torn-in-places-creased-mess in the other hand he held his ink and quill. He looked at Jenn he couldn't even force a smile, this was the day he was dreading since last June, just like the sorting ceremony it had crept up on him slowly.

Once he managed to speak it came out quiet and groggy, "So were shall we start?"

Jenna walked to the Owlrey with Sam, in slight silence, Sam was nervous and scared, that much was obvious, and she was as well. When they reached the Owlrey, Jenna took out a piece of parchement assuming that Sam's already had been ruined from his nerves and she said, "First off Sam, you are going to remember that you are proud of being in Hufflepuff, and that this will be what's best for you." Jenna rested her hand on Sam's shoulder and gave it a gentle squeeze then put her hand back to her side and gave Sam a weak smile.

Sam smiled to her, though it wasn't his usual happy smile it was a different one. When she put her hand on her shoulder, he sighed. "Your right...your right." he said almost hopefully. "B-but where do I begin?"

Jenna smiled back at Sam, then she bit her lip and she said, "Honestly I haven't a clue, any insight on your parents might help out, I mean aside from the fact that they wanted you in Slytherin." Jenna ran her thin fingers through her hair nervously as she asked this, she hoped she wasn't hitting any buttons but she needed to know what to write for Sam, or help him write.

Sam looked down. "Thats more or less it, apart from the fact that their horrible people." Sam didn't mind telling Jenn this, she was his best friend. "But its not like they just wanted me to be in Slytherin, I needed to be in Slytherin." It sound dumb, but it was true. "You brought parchment!" Sam laughed, at the piece of parchemtn in her hand, "You know me too well."

Jenna sighed softly then she patted Sam's back and said, "It's alright Sam." Jenna dipped her quill into the black ink and she said, "We might as well start addressing the letter. Maybe everything else will come as we go." Jenna looked down at her parchment and smiled softly and said, "I told you Sam, you're easy to read." Jenna giggled lightly then put the piece of parchment on a table and waited for Sam to tell her the basics.

Sam smiled to her, she probably didn't know how much he appreaciated the fact that she was here. "Ok...Mr. & Mrs. Prince London WC2R 2LS, England, United Kingdom" he said first of all. "I hate being easy to read by the way.." he muttered under his breath but loud enough to hear.

Jenna smiled then began to write the address.

Mr. & Mrs. Prince
London, England
WC2R 2LS

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Prince,
Jenna began then turned to Sam and said, "Sorry Sam, but you are, at least to me, everyone is easy to read.. anyways, do you want it to be from you or from me?" Jenna looked down at her parchment, glad that she had brought two, so this could be the rough draft.[/color]

"Shut up you." he grinned, only Jenn could bring a smile onto his face at this time. "I think this should be from me...I'm sure they would hate it more that another Hufflepuff wrote this..." Sam sighed sadly. "So...okay we'll practise on this one and I'll write the real one." he said quickly. He thought of what he would say next. "School is great. I've made a ton of friends." he then looked at her, "Do you got that? We may aswell start of easy." He paused to think of how he would say it. "I apoligise I haven't written to you. But I have something to say..." he then waited for Jenn to catch up.

Jenna giggled and then began to write quickly. "Good, just checking Prince."
Mr. & Mrs. Prince
London, England
WC2R 2LS

Dear Mom and Dad,

School is great, I've made tons of friends. Classes have just started, and everything has been really busy, so I apologize for not writing you sooner. But I have something to say, I hope you'll understand.

Jenna looked over at Sam and said, "I decided adding some filler might make things easy, is that okay?" Jenna bit her lips softly and turned the parchment so Sam could read it clearly.

Sam paced the owlery thinking of what to say next. When Jenn had spoken he read over the letter, "Yeah, yeah thats great." he nodded. "OK..now the hard part. How about this : Things at the sorting didn't go too well...I'm in Hufflepuff. But I'm proud-" Sam shook his head. "Naw...um.." he began pacing the olwery once more. He evntually slammed his arms down in utter fstration. "What if I just tell them. I got into Hufflepuff...?" he sighed heavily. "Have you got any ideas?"

Jenna watched Sam pace frustratedly then slam his arms down and she said, "Come here Sam." Jenna put her quill down and walked over to him and gave him a friendly hug, it was utterly meaningless, or she was trying to make it seem as distant as possible for their sake, for his sake. Jenna let the hug go and took a step back and gave him a supportive smile then said, "How about, I didn't get into Slytherin, but I believe it will be best this way, I've made it into Hufflepuff, and this way I will have to earn the respect of my classmates.." Jenna trailed off, she knew it was awful but she had so many thoughts going through her mind at this moment and added apologetically, "Sorry that was awful."

Sam hugged her back, he rubbed his hand up and down her upper back quickly. Once they finished hugging, she gave hims something to say. "Woah! Thats actually really good. Write that. Write that!" he said quickly, happy with what she said. He put his arm around her shoulder, "See this is why I couldn't do it alone." he grinned at her.

Jenna beamed at Sam and picked up the quill once more then blushed slightly at Sam's touch and her heart fluttered but she frowned and looked away from him and added what she had said into the letter.
Mr. & Mrs. Prince
London, England
WC2R 2LS

Dear Mom and Dad,

School is great, I've made tons of friends. Classes have just started, and everything has been really busy, so I apologize for not writing you sooner. But I have something to say, I hope you'll understand. I didn't get into Slytherin, but I believe it will be best this way, I've made it into Hufflepuff, and this way I will have to earn the respect of my classmates.

When Jenna had finished writing that she looked at Sam softly and said, "Anything else you think needs to be added?"

Sam watched as she wrote. It was much neater than he would ever be capable of. He read over it a couple times still unbelieving that his parents would be reading this...he couldn't imagine there faces. It hurt him too much. "Umm.....what?" he said as he heard Jenns soft voice in the air. "Oh, no, no Its fine. Perfect actually." he added quickly.

Then he thought about a few more things, "Wait...say, I know you are going to be upset about all of this. But this wasn't my desicion it was the hats and even if it was, I wouldn't have picked Slytherin." He was going to show his parents he didn't care what they though of him. There was nothing he could do now. "..and how will I finsih it off?" he asked her.

Jenna looked at Sam with surprise then she said, "Really Sam, are you sure?" Jenna was surprised that Sam would do this but she wrote it none the less.
Mr. & Mrs. Prince
London, England
WC2R 2LS

Dear Mr. & Mrs. Prince,

Dear Mom and Dad,

School is great, I've made tons of friends. Classes have just started, and everything has been really busy, so I apologize for not writing you sooner. But I have something to say, I hope you'll understand. I didn't get into Slytherin, but I believe it will be best this way, I've made it into Hufflepuff, and this way I will have to earn the respect of my classmates. I know you are going to be upset about all of this. But this wasn't my desicion it was the hats and even if it was, I wouldn't have picked Slytherin.

Sam nodded slowly. "Yes, almost definietly sure. Its the truth." he shrugged and a smile appeared on his face. It was more like his usual smile now. It was like the weight was gone. He sighed happily. "So shall I write out mine now?" he asked her and then realised. "Oh we also have to find an owl, I mean its all the way to London."

Jenna smiled at Sam and said, "Alright.." Jenna nodded her head then she said, "You can just borrow one of the school owls." Jenna grinned slightly at Sam then handed him the rough and her ink and quill so he could write it out.

Sam returned her smile. He took her rough and her ink and quill and sat down, leaning his back against the wall. He began writing the letter trying to keep his writing neater than usual:
Mr. & Mrs. Prince
London, England
WC2R 2LS

Dear Mom and Dad,

School is great, I've made tons of friends. Classes have just started, and everything has been really busy, so I apologize for not writing you sooner. But I have something to say, I hope you'll understand. I didn't get into Slytherin, but I believe it will be best this way, I've made it into Hufflepuff, and this way I will have to earn the respect of my classmates. I know you are going to be upset about all of this. But this wasn't my desicion it was the hats and even if it was, I wouldn't have picked Slytherin.
Your son,
Sam
Sam re-read and re-read the letter till he could recite it. He took a deep breath. "Lets attach this to an owl before I change my mind." he said slowly while looking for an owl that looked fit enough to fly to London and back. He spotted a large Barn Owl. "That one should do it?" he asked a tone of questioning in his voice also.

Jenna bit her lip and she said, "I think this one will do, looks sturdy." Jenna stroked the large barn owls beak then said, "You're lucky you can send your parents mail, I can't it's too far of a trip for our owls." Jenna sighed inwardly at this.

"Ok then." he said quickly and attached the letter to the owls right foot, "To: London, WC2R 2LS" He said to the bird and watched as it flew off. "Yeah that is a pity." he said slowly, although he hated being in contact with his parents he would hate not to be able to write to his uncle, Colin. "So are you going back for the holidays then, to visit and all?"

Jenna watched as the bird flew off into the distance then said, "It depends on what's happening here and back home.." Jenna shrugged her shoulders inwardly then said, "What about you?"

Sam shrugged, "Ah, I think I'll stay here. I mean Toni is staying here so thats a plus." Sam regretting mentioning her name halfway through the sentence. "Its easy for me to stay with my uncle as he lives in Queensland though I think it would be nice to stay here." he said. "Do you want to go back to the commen room? Its kinda cold up here." he asked her as a cold wind blew into the room.

Jenna scowled and sneered, "I'm going back home then, I don't want to spend Christmas with you when you're around Blondie, acting like a fool in love." Jenna nodded her head at Sam's question but anger was flowing through her and she was unable to control it so she spat, "Not with you, why don't you go find Blondie..she can warm you up, I'm going to find Scorpius." Jenna turned on her heels and clenched her hands into fists as she began to storm off in search of better company.

Sam's mouth dropped. "Jenn? What the hell?!" he ran after and grabbed her arm. They weren't shouting like this since the Hogs Head. It hurt him what she had said to him and he was almost sure it was in his eyes. He shook his head. "I won't be spending all of Christmas with her, anyways Beau will be there. There like best friends!" he said simply, though he was certain there was something else bothering her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back