OOC First Name
Kiersten
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Wand
Knotted 17 Inch Sturdy Fir Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
Veronique had not really enjoyed her first day back at it with classes, but it was what it was. She was pretty sure her mother had resigned to her ever being anything that required success in academics, but it didn't stop her from getting on her case every chance she got. The Hufflepuff read the letter the owl had just dropped off for her as she poured herself some tea to accompany her breakfast. It laid out her expectations and then had a nice note from her father. She didn't know why her mother was so on her about everything, but at this point, Veronique felt there was no way she'd force her to go back to Beauxbatons or another school and just folded up the paper, sticking it in her robe pocket. As she took a sip of her tea, she noticed a face at a nearby table. She was surprised to see new faces in her classes, but that made them more memorable. She took her cup with her as she made her way over to the Gryffindor table and sat in front of the boy. "You're in fifth year, right? I remember you from class yesterday. I'm Veronique," she said, really letting her French accent shine through as she introduced herself.

Basquiat was in desperate need of a coffee as he had made his way towards the Great Hall. He had followed suit with the other Gryffindors and sat down at the same table as they. He recognized they were Gryffindors because some were in their ugly robes. He really preferred muggle fashion, if he was being truthful. Still, he had to wear them he was just sure to add his own flair to things so he could stand out. Standing out Bas was used to so when a curious girl walked up to him he felt pleased to be noticed. Bas motioned for her to sit as she spoke, internally noticing just how many French people there were in New Zealand. It was a little odd to him but it was the perks of Floo or portkeys, he supposed. "I am," he started, answering her question which wasn't really a question. "It's nice to meet you Veronique, I'm Bas." He smiled at her and whilst doing so he looked over her features, not so subtly taking in her cute face and hot body. He already loved being at Hogwarts just for the unbelievable hot people that seemed to be students here.

Veronique thought Bas was a unique name, but then she considered it might actually be a nickname. She thought he had had a longer name when attendance was taken during class, but maybe she had been mistaken. "Is Bas short for something?" she asked before taking a sip of her tea. He was cute - Veronique would be ridiculous not to notice, but she had just broken up with Marcel, or broken up with by Marcel, and she was still trying to not feel devastated. Being around the castle and her friends was helping, even just a few days into the break-up. Cute boys were also nice. "So, what brings you to Hogwarts?" she asked curiously, always curious why people transferred so late. At least she had started here, even if she went to Beauxbatons for a year. She smiled at him as she took another sip of her tea.

Basquiat nodded his head, as he was named after probably one of the most prolific Black muggle artists of all time it would be really in-depth to explain the significance of his name sake. Although Bas wasn't a painter, he felt a certain respect he had to pay just due to his name. "My name is Basquiat," he said. When she asked about his transfer, he assumed she must be incredibly good with faces to know instantly that he was a transfer or that she was part of some welcome committee. He leaned back in his seat a little, slightly impressed that she had sussed him out so quickly. "My little sister just started, it's her first year. She's was sorted into Hufflepuff. I felt like I had to watch over her," he said, it wasn't the entire truth but it was part of it and certainly the more endearing truth to a girl. He would seem sensitive, caring, loving. Things he was - when he wanted to be instead of any of his flaws. He preferred to project the positive instead of the negative which was, of course, his overwhelming loneliness at being home schooled. "What brings you to New Zealand?" he asked, pointing out her accent because it was a little strange how many french girls he had met in a country nowhere near France.

Veronique made a note of the boy's full name. It was something she had heard before but didn't know many people with the name. She also didn't know many people who would give up their friends so far into school to comfort their little sister. She was thrilled to be at a different school than her brothers. "That's so sweet. Where did you go before?" she asked curiously.

The Hufflepuff didn't like to tell the true story of why she was here - that she was obsessed with her cousin when she was younger and wanted to follow her everywhere. She was starting to question why her parents initially indulged the whims of a 10-year-old, but Veronique was decently happy at school now. "My cousin attended, and since I am the oldest, my parents kind of let me decide where I wanted to go. I did go to Beauxbatons second year, but I didn't like it as much. It's much more fun here. Too stuffy there."

Hook, line, and sinker. Basquiat smiled bashfully as Veronique said it was sweet of him to look after Zora. Now when she asked about his previous education, he thought quickly and responded, "Oh I had a private tutor." He didn't like to come off as poor though he was and he didn't like to come off as boring either though he would never admit to actually being boring. Now Bas, being that he was lying he would normally assume everyone else around him was fudging the truth a little bit but he couldn't imagine she had anything to lose by stating anything other than the truth about her attending a school in New Zealand. "That is nice," he said of her parent's giving her control over her education. Given that it was for her future he thought this was positive for her. "So what's fun here?" he asked Veronique, leaning in closer to her a little.

Veronique always wondered why parents would not have their kids attend formal schooling while learning magic. It wasn't like you remembered everything and were good at everything after graduating. What if they couldn't brew a certain potion? Or didn't have a telescope for astronomy? "Do you mean at school or in New Zealand? I guess, here, I mostly just hang out with my friends and play quidditch. Sometimes there's fun things. Oooh a couple years ago, the Wild Patch had a thing where you can send roses to people. There's been speed dating, and even a tal-," she started, but then she didn't want to explain how terrible her performance had gone to this really cute boy. "Um, a talented group that started a band!" Yeah, that seemed okay to go with. It was a weird way to say it, but maybe he would ignore that point. "What do you like to do for fun?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back