Brain Overload

Taylor Mercer

OOC First Name
Taylor
Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the mane of a Unicorn
Taylor had been working too hard in her classes and got herself in some rather stupid situations. Thinking back, her first couple of weeks at Hogwarts were boring, but they were surprising to say the least. Walking down to lake, she didnt know if she would get tired of this spot. It was simply too beautiful. Dressed in her muggle skinny leg jeans and plain grey T-shirt she plunked herself down on the lakefront, under the shade of a huge tree. She had sat here a few times before. She knew she would be back after this visit aswell.

Storm was sitting on a rock which was sticking out of the water. He had a mirror in his hand and was admiring his own reflection when he saw a young girl go and sit under a tree. She looked around 11 years old and obviously a Hogwarts student, He didn't recognize her though so he thought he'd go and see her.

Storm leapt off of his rock and landed with a splash in the water, sending small waves to the shore. He swam speedily towards the lakes front and propelled himself up and out of the water. He twisted in the air, letting his hair sends small flecks of water out. He gave a quick wave to her before landing back into the water with another loud splash.

Taylor was snapped out of her thoughts when she heard a splash. She glanced towards the noise, but only noticed ripples in the water. Her brow furrowed slightly and she sat with a bit more caution. The last thing she needed was to get drawn into the lake by the giant squid or something.

All of a sudden her questions were answered as a merman lept from the water, she flinched slightly as specks of water sent flying from his hair landed on her face. He waved and was gone. Taylor stood up with a confused look on her face and walked to the waters edge and glanced in. She couldnt see anything, but she knew for a fact she didnt imagine that. The ripples of water were still brushing against the edge of the lake.

Storm came up from the water and looked right at the girl, Their faces only a few inches from each others. He opened his mouth to say hello, But only a loud, defeaning screech came out. He covered his mouth and went under the water, gesturing for her to follow him.

Taylor blinked suddenly when she was face to face with the merman. Drawing her head back slightly, she watched as he spoke, but it came out only in a screeching sound. He invited her into the lake and Taylor didnt think she would go in. Sure it was a nice enough day, but she wasnt exactly dressed..

Storm let out a sigh and swam back to the surface. He reached his hand out to grab her leg and pull her in. He really needed someone to talk to and he could only do it underwater. Many students went in fully clothed anyway

Taylor let out a squeel at the back of her throat, she didnt even have time to open her mouth to release it as she was yanked into the water. The only thoughts that were about to go through her head is that she was fully clothed and that this lake was COLD.

As soon as the girl had entered the water Storm let go. "Hello, Sorry I couldn't speak before." He said with a smile. "If your cold I can take you to my cave, The water is warm there and there's a part where you can stand on land." He continued, hoping she'd come.

Taylor listened as the merman spoke, her eyes slowly opened to reveal his blury figure. As soon as he stopped speaking she resurfaced to catch her breath. She hadnt realised she was shaking.

A thought suddenly hit her. How was she going to communite with him? Did she just speak under the water? Or what? Ducking her head back under she nodded, her eyes (being sensitive) stung a bit at trying to keep them open. She was in the water now though, so she may as well go whereever the merman wanted to take her.

Storm smiled and took her hand, They swam down to a cave hidden by seaweed and he pushed his way in. "Why don't you just speak? Most students do." Storm said to her. "Oh and if you need air then just go up." He continued. Half of the cave was water but the other half was ground so that he could get out of the water every now and again and put his treasures at the back of the cave, hidden behind a rock wall. The cave walls were covered in different shells and other colourful sea things. The land where the girl could stand on was covered in a bouncy like substance, which was comfortable to walk or lay on.

Taylor felt her face blush a little. She looked stupid not speaking. She swam to the surface and took a glance around the cave. It was amazing, she pushed herself up onto the spongey surface, shivering slightly, but it was reasonably warmer in the cave. The water was also alot clearer, so she could see the merman better. She layed on the edge of the land and dunked her head into the water. "Im Taylor by the way. Taylor Mercer. First year Gryffindor." She thought that was the most amount of information she needed to share for an introduction. Her voice still sounded bubbly underwater, but she assumed the merman could hear her just fine.

"I love Gryffindors, They're really nice, Unlike Slytherins." Storm said, flashing her a smile, His teeth were white and seemed to shine in the water. "I should get a water mask or something so I can talk out of water." He said, wondering if such things existed.

"A few of the Slytherins arent that bad." She said farely. It was true, she had met that boy in the library who was really nice. That other boy in the garden. Then Beau was a really nice guy. Come to think of it, all the nice Slytherin's she knew were boys. "Im sure there is a spell or something, you should ask one of the older students." Taylor said about the mask to be able to speak out of water. "Oh, i didnt catch your name." Taylor said just remembering. "Hang on." She quickly added, raising her head to take in a deep breath of air before once again returning her head under to get the answer to her question.

"I hardly see any older students, Oh, And I'm Storm, Storm Cosimo, Merman." Storm replied, although she probably already knew what he was. "Do you like my home? I travel the world alot and move from place to place but I might be here for ages." He said with a smile

Taylor nodded at his comments. "Your home is lovely." She said honestly. "So your just stopping by Hogwarts?" She asked tilting her head slightly as her blonde hair swished around her face in the water. She wriggled a bit on the surface, trying to get in a more comfortable position. Wet denim was quite annoying.

(( I fely like saying " Take your pants off, but realized how bad that sounded :p ))
"For a few years, I've been travelling for ages, And this place seems fun, I've only been here for just under a year now." Storm replied. "I have all my treasures, both human and mermaid, hidden behind that rock wall." He continued, pointing out of the water to the back of the cave.

((told you the merman is a pedo :r: and i posted that before i read this! :lol: ))

Taylor went up for air after he had spoken and once again placed her head under the water. She never thought she would come face to face with a mermaid and it seemed like the most natural thing in the world now. "Sounds great." She smiled, blinking a bit with the constant contact of water in her eyes.

((But, That's not a nice thing to say <_< ))

"So what do you do all day?" Storm asked her, He didn't really know what students did in the castle.

((Sorryy ^_^ ))

Taylor closed her eyes when she answered the question. "Nothing really, if i dont have classes im usually doing nothing. School gets boring sometimes." She said truthfully. She didnt have alot to do with her time. "What do you do when your not talking to students?" She asked, resurfacing to get some air once more, before heading back under.

"I hang out with other merfolk, or go adventuring somewhere, It varies really, What kind of classes do you do? So you have a boyfriend? Not that I want to be yours, I already love a mermaid more than any human. I was just curious, seeming as alot of you people have these 'love triangles'" Storm replied, thinking of Saphire, the most beautiful mermaid he'd ever seen.

Taylor laughed, but under the water it sounded more like a strangling noise to Taylors ears. "I have Herbology, Defence Against the Dark Arts, Flying and Potions this term." She said, counting off her subjects, pretty sure that was all of them. Taylor laughed as Storm stumbled through his sentence. "No boyfriend for me. Does this mermaid live in here?" She looked up and around the water. Taking a breath and submerging again. "And yes, love triangles are everywhere it seems." She laughed again.

Storm smiled at her and gave a laugh. "Not yet, She lives in a deep underwater castle." He replied. "But she might be here soon."

Taylor nodded, her hair bobbing elegantly in the water. "Thats good." She couldnt really think of anything to say, so she completely pulled out of the water, pulling at her denim jeans, with a slightly irritated look on her face. Sighing she stood up and began to look around the cave, tracing her finger along the walls every so often.

Storm frowned slightly. "Why do you humans weear those things?" He asked her, He'd never been told what these 'clothes' were for

Taylor heard Storm say something, but because she was above water she couldnt hear it. She knew the water was quite deep so she ran and jumped in, creating a big splash. She faced Storm with a childish grin. "Sorry i didnt hear you. What did you say?" Flicking her head back in the water sharply to get her long blonde locks out of her face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back