Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Straight 13.5" Sturdy Mahogany Wand with Boomslang Venom Core
This semester was proving to be a lot less stressful for Dannii Merrythought. She had less classes to study for which gave her more time to space out quidditch and head girl stuff. The team had been practicing hard this year and she just knew they could win. Not to mention she had met a guy that made her feel amazing. Yep Dannii was feeling pretty happy as she took a stroll down to the gardens to relax for a bit. It took her a few minutes but Dannii finally found the tree she had Justin had hung out under the night of yule ball after they had decided to leave the party. Dannii sat down on the grass underneath the tree and leaned against the trunk closing her eyes. She hadn't realized how tired she was until now. She had left packing till last minute as usual and she was up till 3 in the morning trying to find all her things before she remembered that she was 18 and wouldn't get in trouble for using magic to pack. Maybe just a quick nap before patrol. She told herself as she began to doze off.

Justin had had the best night of his life since he had learnt Trinity died, at the Yule Ball with the Head Girl Dannii Merrythought. They had connected instantly and he had taken an interest in her. Now they were dating and it felt good to be back in the game. Dannii made Justin feel better about his life about knowing full well what had happen in the last several months. She couldn't heal every scar though, Justin still had nightmares about what Trinity's death could have been like. They haunted him, every night without fail they just hit. He couldn't take it anymore, he wanted to know if there was something for him to do that would be able to make them all go away, but it was probably out of everyone's hands. He wished at this stage that Trinity was still there, but there was no point in Justin's living in the past, it was stupid, reckless, and a waste of his time. Justin had known for a long time now that it would be his job and his purpose to live in the present and to forget about the things that had destroyed his life, even if it killed him.

Justin didn't know whether or not he should even think about telling Dannii about what was going on in his mind constantly, but he didn't exactly have the problem when he was around her. She was a distraction, and that was why Justin had grown to have feelings for her. She helped him take away the pain of his past. And this was why Justin had decided to go and see her today, because he needed her smile to help him smile at the moment. Justin hadn't exactly told her that he would be out looking for her, he was just hoping that he would be able to find her somewhere inside of the castle or even outside of the castle before she was due to start her patrols, having heard off another Prefect that today was her day to do the patrol. Justin decided that it would probably be best for him to start off outside, because she seemed to be an outside, bubbly kind of girl and he would most likely find her napping outside. Justin opened the castle doors and walked out to the Hogwarts Garden, and there, sure enough, he found exactly the girl that he had been looking for from square one, and boy was he happy to see her. Justin smiled, and approached her. "Hey Dannii!" He exclaimed, taking a seat next to her on the grassy slope.

Dannii was pleasantly dreaming away without a care in the world. She was violently jolted away from her dream world though when a very loud someone woke her up. "I swear on Merlin's shabby old pants if someone isn't dieing there will be hell to pay." She said darkly with her eyes still closed. She was only being half truthful of course. She tried to remember what she had been dreaming of, but the only thing she was sure of was that it was a good one.

The Head Girl sighed before finally sitting up and giving Justin a half smile. "Hey Justin." she added finally giving him a proper greeting before kissing him on the cheek. She knew that she had just broken up with Azerail a few months ago but after seven years of dating someone she just felt weird not being in a relationship. Justin was kind of like her safety blanket that way. "You cut your hair? It looks good." she said before running her hand through it to mess it up a little.

Dannii had never been one for long silences so before Justin could even object to her messing up his hair she began talking again. "How was Christmas? Did you get the hat I sent you?" she asked. Dannii hadn't had much notice on getting a Christmas present for Justin so she had just picked up a Ravenclaw hat from the clothing store near St. Mungos. Dannii had of course spent most of her Christmas there helping her aunt celebrate the holidays. She hadn't really been able to enjoy her time though because her ex worked at the hospital, taking care of residential patients no less. Every time she had seen him she turned into one big ball of awkward.

Justin chuckled at Dannii's response when she was woken up by Justin's hello, her choice of words amused him quite a lot. "Charming as always I see." Justin said, returning her kiss on the cheek. Justin didn't know what had come over him to even have thought about a relationship really, he had been with Trinity for quite a while, and it felt odd for him not to be with her. Things had gotten quite odd at the end of their relationship though, for he had made the mistake of causing an argument which had probably only made matters worse for her, with the tragedy that her life had seemed to have become. Justin realised that a lot of people would probably call Dannii Justin's rebound, but he really didn't give a poop what any of them thought, Dannii made him happy, and that was what mattered to him, and what should matter to everyone else.

Justin sighed as Dannii messed up his hair. "Du-" He started, before she cut him off and started talking about Christmas. She just couldn't stay on one subject, or stay silent for very long. It was something that he found cute about her, it also made him laugh. "Yes, I got the hat. It's very nice. I believe it's up in my dorm at the moment." Justin said, smiling brightly at her. "How was your Christmas?" He asked.

"Completely and utterly awkward." Dannii grumbled, "My ex works at the hospital my aunt stays at and I spend every holiday away from school with her. And of course he just had to work taking care of residential patients too." she explained. Dannii was actually pissed. Now every time she wanted to see her family, she had to see him too. Wasn't he supposed to be trying to protect her? She figured that taking care of her aunt wasn't doing a very good job staying away from her.

"Oh my aunt wants to meet you by the way." She said after a moment of thought. Aunt Muriel always wanted to know everything about Dannii's life, and her friends. Of course a new boyfriend would have to get her seal of approval. Which wasn't very hard to get actually. Just bring her some flowers and chat to her for a bit and you were set. "I should warn you though shes a little... Immature." Dannii warned. Ever since her accident Aunt Muriel had seemed to lose a few years of her life in maturity. Okay a lot of years. She acted like a mischievous 11 year old most of the time.

Justin listened as Dannii began to explain her holidays to him. He didn't understand why people's ex's didn't get the picture. They were ex's for a reason, and Justin knew better then most that it was hard to get over someone. It was really difficult to get over someone who had once meant the world to see, but sometimes you just had to stop and realise that your time with them was over, and someone else had probably already taken your place in their lives. You just needed to stop and learn when it was time to give up, and when it was time to keep trying. "Ex's can be like that. You see, I don't really have that problem." Justin said, his face turning to stone as he finished that sentence. He didn't know what had caused him to say it, but now he wouldn't be able to talk for a while, and all he could do at the moment was sink into the ground. He didn't want to be like this. He didn't want to be seen as the person who couldn't face his past, and he didn't want to be seen as week in front of Dannii. He registered what she said about her auntie wating to meet him, but he just really didn't have a reply that would be ready for her any time soon. He couldn't bring himself to talk.

Dannii was just about to explain that he had started working in the hospital before they had broken up, so he probably wasn't trying to be near her. When he finished his sentence Dannii bit her lip awkwardly. How was she supposed to reply to that? I knew when we started dating that he wouldn't be ready to move on. she thought. I'm such an idiot. She took a deep breath and thought about how all she wanted was to be comforted when her parents had died. Dannii wrapped her arms and Justin and squeezed him tight. "I'm so sorry." she said quietly into his shoulder. "If this is all too soon for you I completely understand... Death is hard to deal with." she added thinking of the year she spent locked inside her room after parents deaths. She had refused to talk to anyone or do anything. To her it was amazing that Justin was coping as well as he was.

Justin could feel Dannii trying to comfort him, and try and get his mind off the seeminly endless darkness he'd just thrown himself into. He couldn't believe he'd said that, and a part of him wondered why he was in a relationship so soon.. or at all really. It wasn't easy to cope with what had happened to him, and it hadn't even happened all that long ago. But Justin pressed through it all, because he didn't want to seem weak in front of Dannii it all. It killed him inside a lot of the time, but there was always something about her that managed to help pull him away from the bad feelings. Justin realised that he'd need to get everything out sooner or later, and he'd rather get it all out to someone that he thought he could trust then a complete stranger. "I'm about to tell you everything that happened after I learned that she died." Justin said, looking her in the eyes and feeling all of the tears welling up inside of his eyes. "I'm sure you understand what it's like to lose somebody that you love. It's hard, and sometimes downright impossible to get over. I knew that it would be difficult to get over it, and part of me just wanted to be with her, and yes it registered that she was dead." Justin explained, biting his lip before continuing.

"One night, that part of me won.." Justin said, sighing deeply before glancing down at his arms. Silently swearing, he looked back up at Dannii. "I was lucky to wake up the next morning." He said. He didn't know how she would take this, and he didn't know if she would be able to accept it. But he had needed to tell someone. "Please don't think bad of me. I didn't know what else to do." Justin said. He couldn't have gone for help, because they just would have taken it all the wrong ways and probably had him admitted to some asylum. Justin looked up at Dannii, taking her hand in his, and staring into her eyes, the tears starting to fall. "But then I met you.. and you made me feel better.." Justin admitted.

Dannii lifted her head up when he said he wanted to tell her what happened to him those months after her death. She knew that talking about it would probably help Justin. She had never felt the need to reach out to someone. She listened as Justin talked about how all he wanted to do was be with her not really understanding what he meant until he continued talking. She stared at him her mouth hanging open until he finished talking. Different emotions welled up inside her, anger, worry, fear. No matter how bad it ever was for not once had she ever considered suicide, and here was Justin actually admitting he had tried.

After a few seconds Dannii closed her mouth and took her arms back. "Do you know what happens after you die Justin?" she asked sternly. "You don't go up to some place where all your loved ones are waiting to greet you. Its just nothingness for the rest of eternity." She said beginning to get frantic. As much as she wished that her parents were somewhere looking after her, she knew they weren't. "I've never believed anything but that about death and I never will. And I'm guessing Trinity would have never wanted that for someone she loved." she finished giving him a hard look. She had no sympathy for people who gave everything up just because they couldn't handle their own emotions.

Topic Closed

This roleplay has been found to break one of our Board Rules and as such has been closed by a member of site staff. Administrators have been alerted of this topic and you will be contacted shortly in regards to it. If you disagree with this closure you will be able to discuss it with the Administrators when they contact you.

~HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back