Bound to happen

Aiden Mauven

OOC First Name
Pat
Sexual Orientation
Hetrosexual
Wand
Myrtle Wand 15 1/2" Core - Tail of Charmed Newt
Aiden Mauven was a happy man to say the least. Never did he think that while he resided within the walls of Hogwarts New Zealand or any school for that matter would he actually be happy but for once things were looking up for him. There were a number of things keeping him going and allowing him to enjoy the last few months that he had to spend at school. It was his last year and he was sad to say that he was beginning to find what everyone had said about ‘school being the best years of your life’ being somewhat true. Things like having Quidditch to keep him occupied, actually having a decent friend or two were some of the smaller things that kept him going. One of the bigger things that would surprise a few people would be that he was actually going to classes and not doing all that bad. Aiden wasn’t a Ravenclaw for a reason and he was just about scrapping by on the classes that he did go too – which still wasn’t all that many but still more than the past aka none! Although the one thing that Aiden would trade all that in for, the main thing that made him want to try well in class and have a smile on his face everyday was none other than his past enemy of sorts – Miriah Johnson. Anyone that knew the two, not even all that well but well enough to know how the acted around one another would find it hard to believe that they were actually dating. Aiden found it hard to believe himself sometimes but that was because he couldn’t believe how lucky he was to have someone as amazing as Miriah as his girlfriend. It hadn’t been easy but when the two had put aside their stubbornness they soon realised how right there were for each other and it had been all been great since then.

Today Aiden had decided that he needed to meet up with the other important girl in his life; his younger sister Giselle. The two had spent part of the day in Brightstone where they caught up and did a typical brother and sister things. Aiden regretted not spending as much time as possible with Giselle as he should have recently but with all the drama that had gone on in the first semester he hadn’t been thinking about much else than it. After going back to the castle Aiden said goodbye to Giselle as she ran off to meet up with one of her friends leaving Aiden to make his way back up to the castle and maybe spend the rest of the day with Miriah.

Hadan Johnson just came back from her days with her boyfriend from Brightstone. She had bought a compact camera so that she could get as many pictures of her and her friends as possible, and dropped it off in her dormroom. It was hard for her to believe that this was her last year in this school, but she was happy to say the least. Hadan was going to be a healer once she leaves the place, but ever since her holidays, she had possessed a darker aura about herself, but there was something else, she seemed less tense. Her mother was alive, so that had to count for many things, even if she was a little upset that Venita had not found her sooner or even let her know. But the explanation was there, and the mother could not be held responsible. Hadan let out a sigh, as she gazed over her outfit once more. A tight shirt, with dark blue jeans and high heeled boots. It was something simple, and her almost blonde hair had returned. She almost seemed lighter, but those ruby red eyes now had a blood thirst behind them, but she was able to hide that easily. Thanks to her good friends and family members that had taught her so much. Hadan carried the camera in her purse, and she continued to walk out of the school and toward Brightstone again. She entered the lawn, and she continued to look down at the grass as her feet stepped on it, while she walked.

The seventh year Slytherin did this not too often, but she was in deep thought. Graduation was around the corner, and she did not know what to think. She was split in half, almost down the middle. Hadan did not have a class to attend to today, but she stlll thought about studying for potions since that was what she wanted the highest score in. Then again, she might need to study on Herbology since she had heard from Jaken before he was killed that the NEWT made someone want to Avada Kedavra themselves. Hadan was worried about it, but she needed to relax a bit. However, she felt someone or something bump into her shoulder as she walked by someone, but by the time she stopped and turned around, she knew who it was. It was that idiot that was dating her sister. Hadan turned around to face him as well as stop him for the time being. Hadan looked fierce, but she was not angry. The Slytherin said, point and blank, "We need to talk." Hadan averted her eyes to the ground for a moment, before she added, "And I won't threaten you without reason." Though she thought, And if you try to run, I will make sure you enter the school in a wheelchair. Hadan had to know, at first they - as in Aiden and Miriah - hated each other, and now, they were dating? Feelings like that just don't go away. And the words said, the damage is still there.

Most of the time Aiden spent on his own he spent it thinking. He had done a lot of growing up this year, what with everything that he happened it had put everything that he had done in the past into a brand new light and he realised how much time and effort he had wasted on being a person that he just wasn’t and he was thankful for Miriah because if it wasn’t for her he wouldn’t have been able to realise just how messed up he had made his life and in contrast just how much better it was now that he had Miriah as his girlfriend – he only regretted that it took so long for everything to fall into place. Letting out a small sigh, more out of contentment than anything else, he felt something or someone bump into him. He was about to just wave it off, apologise or something and just forget about it. Normally he wouldn’t have let it go and it could have turned into a whole unnecessary fight but he just wasn’t in the mood for it today. Things had been going good for him and getting in a fight seemed like too much bother that he just wasn’t in the mood to deal with today. Raising his head, just as he was about to apologise, he stopped as he caught a glimpse of who it was.

Some people probably would have thought it hard to distinguish two identical twins from another but after making that mistake once Aiden had never mistook Hadan for Miriah and the more he thought about it the more he wondered how stupid he had been in the first place to do so. He narrowed his eyes slightly because even though Miriah and Aiden had been able to work through everything he still had his issues with Hadan – the main one being he was pretty sure she wanted to kill him. He was about to just walk on and leave it because Hadan counted as something he didn’t want to have to deal with but he wasn’t so lucky when she told him that they needed to talk. He could tell that it wouldn’t be good but he stopped and turned, maybe – just maybe – he could be wrong and Hadan was going to be civil; well one could dream right? “How generous of you.” he said as she said she wouldn’t threaten without reason. “What’s up?” he asked as he stuffed his hands in his pockets.

Hadan Johnson was for once relieved that she would not have to go all dark side on the Gryffindor, no matter how many times she hated them with a passion. She did not know a good male Gryffindor just yet, and she was not going to meet one. She met a good Gryffindor girl, Katalina wasn't it? Her teeth nibbled the inside of her bottom lip as he said that line 'How generous of you' because she wanted to lash out because she took it to be rather smart. However, she swallowed her anger and put it in the pit of her stomach. She glanced down for a moment, before she folded her arms over her chest. Her head cocked slightly to the side, and she murmured, "You really do like her don't you. Even after everything you said, calling her names after the incident. You two confuse the living hell out of me, just so you know." That was the honest to Merlin's truth, they did confuse her so much. They liked each other, and then they hated each other, and then they liked each other again? Her and Raffael never had such a dramatic life, and she was thankful for that. It wasn't like she did not love him though, because Hadan believed that she was in love with Raffael, but she just could not see herself married to anyone.

Anyone she gets close to ends up hurt or dead in the end. Why take the chance? Hadan then remembered, Venita was back and attempting to make up for lost times with her daughters, and she was a hard woman to impress. If Aiden could manage to gain the trust of the mother, then she might give him a chance later on. She said that she would not threaten without reason, and she was going to hold herself to that word. Hadan continued, "Look, I don't like you, and I am pretty sure you don't like me, but I really don't like being hit on at all. Thankfully you can tell the differences between us - now at least you can - but I have to know, why did you keep insulting Miriah the way you did when you really...supposedly liked her?" Hadan's blood red eyes searched the blue for some sort of opening, something that she could use to ensure that he wouldn't ever have to hurt her sister again. She might not have to worry about that, however, because she remembered that look in his eyes from their encounter at the Yule Ball. At least now Hadan was a lot less stressed out, and she was more rational. But she meant what she said; Aiden was not allowed in her apartment, not yet at least until she trusts him.

Aiden eyed Hadan with curiosity clear in his blue sapphires. He honestly had no idea why the Slytherin wanted to talk to him. They had been in any sort of contact since the night of the Yule Ball and Aiden had been on his best behaviour, so to speak, since that night because as far as he was concerned, all the drama that had enveloped him in his first semester was over him. All it took was for himself and Miriah to reconcile their differences and when they finally admitted they liked each other they had been dating happily since and it was everything in life just seemed to patch together after that. So if he hadn’t done anything to annoy for over 3 months now, what did she have to say to him. He could see the anger that were in her eyes so he knew it wasn’t to make amends with him, at least for the sake of Miriah. He couldn’t imagine it being too easy for Miriah, to have her sister and her boyfriend hate each other but then again, Giselle wasn’t that fond of Miriah but that was only because she was jealous of Aiden spending more time with Miriah and not enough with her. He thought the first words out of her mouth were a bit redundant but he had no squirms with admitting it to whoever asked. “Yes, I do!” he said with a sincere smile forming on his lips. He rolled his eyes as she brought up the past that he had been trying so hard to forget and what he had been trying to make up to Miriah. He had no right to say any of the things he had said in the past, even if it was out of blunt anger, it was still wrong of him. “I apologised for all of that, it was a mistake.” he told her before smirking slightly that he and Miriah seemed to confuse Hadan. Sure the drama was hell when it was happening but it was all worth it in the end.

Aiden was still confused as to why Hadan wanted to talk to him. He was pretty sure that she was going to have something else to add because so far what she had to say was not something worth talking to him about. It was pretty obvious that Aiden really liked Miriah, even a blind person could see that. Also, they both seemed to get over the past, things were said on both parts that were better left unsaid and they both regretted it but it wasn’t true and they knew that now. Then the last part, well that was just funny for Aiden and something he was sure Hadan wouldn’t go out of her way to admit to him. Then it came – the rest of what she had to say. Her reason for talking to him today was becoming clearer and as he listened to what he had to say he was struggling to find a way to answer it. It was obvious that he could tell the difference between Mirah and Hadan now, the first time he was just caught off guard because he didn’t know that Miriah had a twin but now he knew he was more aware about it. Although he was finding the next part hard to answer. How did you explain everything that happened before? They had spent too long fighting when they could have had what they had now. “I’m a guy.” he started off. Men were notorious for being stupid when it came to emotions so he figured that that should cover him to a certain extent. “And I didn’t realise I liked her, I suppose a part of me didn’t want to admit it and insulting her was just my way of covering everything up.” he said with a shrug. That was all he could put it down too.

Those sapphire blue eyes reminded Hadan much of Rosaline, and Hadan heard that he really liked her. Just by her cold stare into those eyes, she could see that he really did. Hadan had little choice but to believe him, because there was no lie in his eyes, or in his smile. He really did care for Miriah, even after all those nasty things were said. She could not believe that everything was forgiven and forgotten so easily. Hadan combed her hair with her fingertips and she figured that all was well. Hadan let out a soft sigh, "I guess those words were a lot easier to repair than I would have thought, but still, those words that were said - they are still there, and hard to just ignore." Hadan had a point, because if one thing stirred wrong, and they started on that again, perhaps old wounds that have not yet healed would be ripped open. Hadan wanted nothing like that to happen, because all she cared about was her sister's happiness. Hadan wanted nothing more but to make sure that Miriah received the happiness she deserved, and if that happiness was with Aiden, so be it. Hadan would not interfere with her sister's life, unless it called for it. She did not want to seem to be controlling either. Hadan was still positive that Aiden would not have been Father of the Year, but then again, she had little respect for one-night-stands. More so, a grudge against the one that she had in the past, before Chavdar came in. With a snort, Hadan replied, "Well that explains everything, because you are a guy."

Boys were not exactly smart enough to really see how a girl feels, and Hadan was told countless times that Miriah hated Aiden, but those eyes were filled with hurt at the time, not anger. Hurt would have meant that Aiden had somehow weaseled his way into her heart and settled there. Hadan just shook her head and she muttered, "Gryffindor boys, never really thinking. But I guess I would see your point, even if it has never happened to me. I wouldn't see anything wrong with admitting something like that with my counterpart, unless you were afraid of something." Hadan wondered if there was something hidden there. She would have seen why Miriah never wanted to admit it, because well, look at what had happened. Hadan shrugged and she said, "Regardless, I think I already know that so you don't have to say anything. Seeing as I know you aren't lying, I would like a favor to ask of you - on behalf of Miriah." Hadan wanted to add that part in, because it was not for her, it was for Miriah. Hadan let out a soft sigh once more and she continued, "I am leaving New Zealand as soon as graduation is over for the time being. Not sure if Raffael will come or not, but someone needs to keep an eye on Miriah. I trust that you will take care of that. But no funny business, because I will come rushing back." Hadan's lips curled into a dark smile. If she really wanted someone to look after Miriah, she could have asked Hades, but this was to see if Aiden would bother to do it. She assumed that he would. But she meant it however, she would come rushing back if she heard something that sounded displeasing to her ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back