Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Alder Wand 13 3/4" Essence of Dragon Heartstring
</SIZE>
<SIZE size="50">As a closest Kpop fan, Elijah could pretty much claim, that his entire music cataloge could not be matched by any witch, wizard or muggle. He had at least one song from each continent. He was pretty musically diversed. He didn't have to try that hard to be able to show that he really was a music buff. He could name almost any artist, new or old from a few lyrics or bars from a song. It was just the way he was. Elijah was slowly growing bored of studying. He missed playing his guitar. He missed being able to play without feeling like he should be doing something else. Something that would have his time being put to a much better use. This was Elijah Tine. A musician with not many ambitions apart from music. All he really wanted to do, was sing and play his guitar. Since a young age he had never really desired to do much else, and it wasn't like he was talentless. He had spent years practicing to be where he was. He spent hours upon hours listening to cds. Downloading sheet music, and just trying whatever he could. His voice came a little more naturally. It obviously wasn't the best, but then it was pretty good for a boy of 14 with a slowly breaking voice. His music was the only thing he was really good at. He didn't excel in school as much as others, and when he was put next to most Hogwarts Students he found he wasn't that good looking. He was average, where as it seemed that most Hogwarts Students had gotten a good handful of genes that allowed them to look perfect. He was ruff around the edges. He had messy hair, his nails were bitten. He had cuts on his fingers from biting and from playing. He generally looked tired and his clothes were old and generally not that well presented. It was why when most found out the Elijah was actually from a wealthy family, they generally didn't believe him. But he didn't care for the money. He just wanted fun, and just to make magic. he didn't care about the price tag. Or if he even got famous. Elijah just liked making music. Like some liked magic, Elijah was in love with music.

The Conglomerated Arts Clubs wasn't the most perfect place to come study. Sure it was comfortable and quiet, but it had many distractions. He knew he should've gone to the other one. The Academic one. But, being in this room, let him explore a side of Hogwarts he didn't quite know. Even as a fourth year he was pretty lost at times in Hogwarts. Although after spending a half hour studying, he noticed that the room, had a small stage. It wasn't huge, but now Elijah's interest was completely gone from his work. He stood up and walked up to the stage. There was no mic and he didn't have his guitar but he didn't care. He paced the stage a few times. He was alone, that he was sure. And without much warning, he broke into the chorus of the song, Written in the Stars, by the British Artist Tinie Tempah. He belted out the lyrics. Perfectly in key and lyrics correct. He didn't need a mic to be able to project his voice. Once he'd sung the short chorus through three times, Elijah stopped singing. He just stood in the middle of the stage and began to wonder what song to sing. He had one song in mind, but there was the awkwards bits, when it was less singing and more rapping. He wasn't awful at that, but, he did feel weird when saying it. However, he knew to be an singer he would have to overcome such fears. So after keeping the soft green eyes glued to the floor for at least a minute, he counted himself in and then began to sing, Champion by Chipmunk. Again a British artist. Elijah as soon as he started singing without even having any backing, was able to carry his tune well. The melody played in his head. Even if he was alone, he still preformed like he preforming in front of thousands. Moving around the stage, and doing hand gestures. He was pretty much lost in the moment unaware of a pair of eyes strictly upon him. He was just happy, singing made him that way. The happiness was clear on his face. When he finished, he had his eyes on the floor again. Spending a few minutes to regain his breath, before realising he wasn't alone.​

"And Uh...the Academic Room is this one, You'll find it as the least-academic places to be in, but at least you'll get your work done" Willow gave the first year she was leading around a grin and left them to their own devices. The Conglomerated Arts Club areas were just one of many Willow's natural places to wander around to - mainly the Cooking, Academic and more importantly the music areas. Whistling, she peered into many of the rooms and seeing what everyone was up to. Firstly, to the Cooking club - no one was in there, no surprise and she made her way to the Music area - she often felt guilty for the other clubs, the Music area was the biggest area of all the conglomerated arts, with separate rooms and booths for students to practice in, start a band and to record their own music. In another area was the instrument rooms where students can pick up any of the instruments to fiddle around with - it was a small delight for those who always wanted to try an instrument but didn't want to spend money for something that they weren't going to be passionate in.

Greeting a few students in the Music Room, she picked up her Violin case that she left in the room before and was about to make her way out until she heard a voice singing out in one of the rooms - the small stage area for those who wanted to feel like they were playing to an audience, the room that Willow usually almost always in. Curiously, she peered through the little window in the door and noticed a boy singing - she didn't know who he was and he seemed a few years older than her. Feeling a little stupid, she opened the door silently and slid in the room and closed the door as quietly as she could. The Boy had a voice that Willow knew her Uncle would be impressed with - he definitely wasn't new to music and boy could he project his voice. His pitch was perfect, he breathed at the right places in the songs and his rapping certainly didn't feel awkward like how other people would try. Willow smiled, he sang from his heart and she believed that's where all music should come from. She enjoyed listening to his voice and was even tapping along.
She felt the heat fill up to her cheeks - He caught her looking as soon as his performance was over. She wondered if she should clap, but decided against it - making the situation feel more awkward than it was; "Oh...don't mind me, your voice...it's amazing" Willow smiled, scratching her head in embarrassment.

When it came to music, Elijah wasn't the type that cared when others commented on his music. It was a simple thing and it was second nature to him. He knew that he was good at it. He wasn't trying to be big headed, but his music was like a persons favourite subject. So much work has been put in that there is not a doubt that it is the thing they are best at. That was Elijah with music, he worked so hard to be the best, that he could actually take compliments. For once he actually believed them. If he was told that he was good at something else, Elijah generally did not believe them. It was just because apart from music Elijah didn't think he was that good at anything. Not through a fault of his own, just that he'd spent more time dedicated to his music that almost everything else was secondary. Almost everything else had been secondary. 4th year had marked a new year for the Hufflepuff, he didn't bother with trying to explain what happened. He'd merely opened a book and read away. It didn't really matter that he did. It didn't mean that he spent his time with his guitar less focused. In fact most would claim that the opposite was true. He played with greater passion and much longer into the night. It was why Elijah always looked tired. He slept little compared to those around him. As much as he tried, the only thing he could ever think of doing was playing his guitar. It was all that occupied his mind. All that he ever wanted to think about and it was the thing he knew he could do. However, after singing in the Conglomerated Arts Room, and noticing that there was another person, his cheeks reddened a deep red colour. It was close to that found of the Gryffindor crest. He just nodded taking in what the girl was saying for some reason, he wasn't sure, but words seemed to fail him. He wasn't great with girls. Of any age. And while this girl was clearly younger than him, he couldn't help but feel nervous around her. She was pretty as well. Even from where he stood, he couldn't help but notice the blue eyes of the girl. He smiled at her, trying to figure out what to say and then he had the oddest idea. That would only work if the girl was a confident singer. He was confident in singing, but not in other ways. He took a deep breath. He hoped dearly that this girl wasn't one of these people who would hate him for singing again. Elijah hoped that she wouldn't find him big headed. Or anything like that. He just loved his music. He wasn't even going to ask her if she knew the song. he would just try it.

Counting himself in Elijah started singing. It was Need you now, By Lady Antebellum. He obviously was singing the female part and hoped that the girl would chime in with the male part. He had his arms open to her. So that she could start singing as soon as the male part came in. Even if she didn't, Elijah was still going to be singing it quietly. As the solo male part began, Elijah listened to see if she would join in or if it would just be another failed attempt at making someone else sing. He really hoped he wouldn't be waiting for a while for her to join in. It would really make the situation more awkward. But, either way, the chances were if it did go badly wrong they wouldn't ever meet again. So, it really would make little difference to either lives.​
<i>
</i>

Willow blushed profusely, the situation felt a bit awkward - especially since the boy was older than her and for some reason she felt like she was intruding in his presence. His simple nod just made Willow felt like she was a stranger in a place that was so familiar to her - was she supposed to say anything else or was that just it? She shuffled on the spot, her head bowed and staring at her feet, her grip becoming tighter around her violin case.
If it was the other way round, Willow would have appreciated an audience, even if the audience was just the one person but no body knows when it's the other way round - does this boy like to have an audience or should Willow make a quick escape?

Without thinking, Willow just took the closest seat and watched as the boy started to sing another song, Willow knew the song, Need you now by Lady Antebellum but the lyrics failed to come through, she wanted to join in to make the situation feel a little more at ease, but she couldn't remember the lyrics to save herself. Instead, she started singing along - quietly at first when she recognized one of the parts;</SIZE></FONT>
"It's a quarter after one, I'm all alone and I need you now.
I said I wouldn't call but I lost all control and I need you now.
And I don't know how I can do without, I just need you now."
<FONT font="Georgia"><SIZE size="50">

Her voice rang out within the small stage area, clear as a bell and almost pitch perfect. She was enjoying herself and she sure was enjoying this guy's singing - infact, it made her feel a little happier to know someone who liked to project their voice, sing out loud to the world and wouldn't have a care in the world.

There was a slight pause, before Elijah beccame aware that the girl probably didn't know all of the lyrics like he did. It was just the way most people were. He only knew most lyrics to songs, because he spent so much time listening to music. He spent all of his time listening to music. So much so, that the songs played in his head. He could listen to whatever he wanted with out the use of an ipod or a cd player. It was odd, that he could remember lyrics from songs, and entire tunes, but forgot to meet up with friends, go to classes or even in some cases eat. As a fourteen year old boy, it was difficult to forget to eat. But, he had managed on several occasions to do just that. It had never really been his intention to be so forgetful, he wrote things down so he would remember them, but tended to forget which bit of paper he had written it on, or lose it in the mess of papers that surrounded his bed. It wasn't like he could just easily sift through all the paper. Generally he needed the most important papers close by and looking for something would completely mess up whatever order he had. it wasn't like it was a clear order to most, but it was to him. It made perfect sense to him and he didn't feel the need to explain to others how it worked, so to others it was mess and choas, but Elijah knew differently. Overall, it was clear to the Hufflepuff, that the girl did like singing, she chimed in at the parts she knew, and stayed quiet when she didn't. it was a pretty easy and good thing to do. It made Elijah smile that she had. And it was clear to him, that she was a talented singer, which he wasn't surprised by, most of the people who came to an area of the school, like the one they were in had to have some form of musically talent, and the talent tended to be the singing side of things, but by the looks of the case she was holding on to, Elijah had to also assume that the girl could also play. He had never really tried to play anything other than the guitar. He could play the piano fairly well, but that was all it stretched to. Obviously since he could play the guitar, other guitar like instruments he assumed, he'd be able to play, he'd just never bothered to try, and nor would he try to anyway. He was perfectly fine with his guitar. It was all that mattered to him, and in the grand scheme of things, he was happy with the one. He focused so much on it, that he would barely have time to practice anything else. When the song was over Elijah clapped towards the younger girl. Showing that he had appreciated both that she'd sung along, and also that she was very good. He walked forward and sat down at the edge of the stage.

"You have one hell of a voice too." Elijah smiled. His music gave him confidence. "I'm Elijah. Archaic name I know. But, it's the name I was given" He didn't know why he tended to explain that his name was old. It sounded old. And he wanted to stop people from thinking that he was old and boring too. Elijah did like his name, but it did make him sound like he belonged in some old english novel. "I'm a hufflepuff, and a fourth year. It is nice to meet you." Elijah smiled at the girl, hoping all awkwardness had passed. And that there not be any more need for songs to break the silence. If the girl wanted to sing, he'd be happy to but he also didn't really mind if she didn't. Elijah was just happy to do whatever, it sure as hell beat studying. "how long have you been playing the violin and singing?"

Willow was pretty sure she was having a good time - the reason for 'pretty sure' was because; a) singing with strangers usually ended well or disastrously bad and b) she was singing with someone who had almost equal talent as herself. Willow Autumn was a child prodigy when it came to the music side of things in fact she'd probably understood the language and make up of the music language better than she did with everyday oral and written language. She blushed as the boy walked down the stage and commented on her singing skills - of course, Willow was just being modest, of course she knew she had a good voice and musical presence but like always, she never knew how to take compliments without seeming both modest (which was the route that she usually went for anyway) and seeming like she was really up herself and demanded people to know that she was the best.

She smiled at him and replied; "Nice to meet you Elijah, it's a nice name." Willow gave a small giggle and continued; "Willow Autumn, Gryffindor..first..I mean uh, Second Year" She grinned again, although she shouldn't have to explain which house she was in - it was pretty obvious with the scarlet and gold bow in her hair and the crest on her jersey. "My name? It's a bit cliched, but I like it too. I've been playing music since I was four" She shook her violin case gently in which the violin in her case rattled a bit - "But that's probably only because I found I can only connect myself with music. I'm not that great at literature and I'm no dancer or a dramatist and even though I like Art I don't think I can paint or sculpt for hours so Music was the way to go" Willow shrugged, she shouldn't have needed to explain but she did so anyway - she liked rambling when it came to Music. "How about yourself?"

If there was anything that Elijah Tine could write a book about it would be music and how he became interested in it. It wasn't like from a young age he'd shown talents. Sure he'd sung pretty well, but it had more adorable rather than a proper voice. Nowadays, he sung like he had a story to tell, and a life to lead. Elijah knew overall that it was just pretty crazy for him. He wasn't sure how often he would be singing about things that didn't matter to him, sure he could write songs with a catchy chorus, and a simple set of lyrics so that it would always be remembered. But Elijah liked listening to all forms of music, and he liked writing alternative music, that didn't necesarily follow the trend of subjects. He didn't find it necessary for him to follow all that. It didn't mean Elijah was above it, he would try to be varied in both his playing and writing. It just really depended on his mood and what he had to say. While it was clear that Elijah did have natural talents, it wasn't like he'd just gotten up one morning, picked up a guitar and by the afternoon be able to play. He'd struggled, he'd gotten bruise after bruise on his fingers, there had been cuts, and his hand had ached from the amount of playing he'd done. It was a great way to be. As much as he loved to play, and loved when he could run through song after song, he couldn't deny the excitement he'd felt in the beginning. The determindation to get better. The annoyance he had caused his parents. "Willow isn't that cliche. If you were a plant, then yeah, but unless Willows can shape shift, it's pretty." Elijah gave a small laugh as he spoke, he had the habit of laughing at his own jokes, even if they weren't necessarily funny. He just laughed anyway, he believed that it lightened any mood, if this was actually true or not, would be up to the person he was with. If they had a good sense of humour it would be fine. But, if not, it generally made things worse.

"That's cool. Music is the same for me. I can only connect with it." Elijah nodded in agreement. "Since you were 4? that's impressive." Elijah hadn't been playing for that long, but he was sure he'd practicised just as hard. "Me, well, I got my first guitar at about 6. I'd always shown an interest in music, like I loved listening to it, but I didn't have anything to play, and then I got a guitar. And I practised like crazy. I taught myself, so in every spare second I'd be playing I swear, Myles and Lucy were ready to kill me. I'd practice until three in the morning. It was pretty intense, but I new it would be worth it in the end. And it has been." Elijah always wondered if people thought Myles and Lucy were his siblings, but that wasn't really true. He didn't quite know what to call them considering he'd gone back to him parents. Or well, his parents had found him. "I'm really very good at anything else, so this has always been the thing for me. Music till the end." Elijah smiled looked to his hands. The dark, soft green eyes, following his hands as they moved down to his knees and then onto the area around him. He glanced back up at Willow. "Music is a way of speaking when you can't find the words to actually say it."

Willow grinned and nodded, she knew what Elijah was talking about and felt the same way about music - it was a mode of speaking when you fail to find words and she couldn't help feel a bit embarrassed when she was the person who has been playing music longer than he has (or possibly most of the other people here in the Music room.) "You taught yourself how to play the guitar? That's impressive" She grinned; "Let me tell you, you're pretty good at playing the guitar as well. You have talent." She gave him another grin - she wasn't sure why she was grinning like a mad girl, but it felt natural and she could finally connect with someone about music on a deeper level. She thought back to her four year old self, remembering the time she madly dashed downstairs into the living room to open her birthday presents from her parents and her uncle and aunt and even max was there in the morning. Opening her presents from her parents she was given a locket - she couldn't remember where she placed her locket, but she knew it was somewhere. She couldn't believe she misplaced such a thing in the first place. She remembered the oddly shaped present her uncle and aunt gave her - the card from max. She saw her younger self ripping up the bright colorful paper and saw an leather case - inside it held a violin; just the right size and just the right length for Willow. That was her first musical instrument.

Willow snapped out of her memory and laughed; "Sorry, just remembered the time I got given my first musical instrument - fourth birthday." She laughed again out of embarrassment - but she had to clear something before she forgotten it; "And what I meant about 'you got talent' It's true - didn't mean to make it sound like you didn't have talent. Sorry, My Uncle is a music teacher back home." She shrugged and figured it was best to stop babbling. She covered her mouth - it was probably the only way for Willow to stop talking when she really had nothing to say, which is probably why Music was the best way of communication - it allowed her to speak without mumbling or talking without a purpose. Music flowed naturally within Willow's veins - she may have been one of the most intelligent people in her year group but music was and always would be her forte.

Elijah had never been that bothered that most had played longer than him. It wasn't something that actually bothered him. He had practiced harder than most. There weren't many other people that could claim to stayed up entire nights just playing away at the instrument that they played. Elijah could claim that and a lot more. He'd really pushed himself to all new extremes. He hated being without his guitar. There had been a time when he couldn't have gone without for more than an hour. Without having it by his side. During his years of primary his guitar had been the closest thing he'd had to a friend, he was the weird boy that could make things happen. And who played the guitar. Finally upon leaving school, Elijah had traveled light. His guitar being the only major thing he'd taken with him. There wasn't anything else that he had wanted to take with him. Elijah would've left all his clothes behind. But, that wasn't what he had been allowed. Elijah had reminded himself that he would need clothes. He would need clothes a lot more than he would need anything else. He wasn't going to be able to buy a whole new set of clothes. So, it had in the end been the best. "If you practice hard enough you can teach yourself to do anything." Elijah shruggedf slightly he knew if he hadn't had talent he wouldn't still be playing. It was his kind of mind set. Where if he couldn't do something well, he just gave up, it was only his music that he had ever properly stuck to. It wasn't like he had any other hobbies. Which was a true reflection on how Elijah thought himself to be. He stuck to one or two things at any one time, and right now it was his music and his classes. As a fourth year he had a lot of work to do. A lot of homework to complete and a lot of books to read over. It had been difficult to keep on top of all the work. And Elijah wasn't very good at that in the first place, so really dedicating himself towards making it good had been difficult. But he was sure it was hopefully pay off. He hadn't exactly not worked. He just wasn't very at doing most of it on time. The sound of the girls laugh brought him back.

"It's fine. Remembering when you have got your instrument is a good thing to remember. Remembering how I got mine always good." Elijah briefly thinking of it before shrugging it off. He wasn't sure if it was one that the girl would want to hear. Sure, if they became better friends then he would feel better about telling it. He did smile. "it's fine. That's cool about your uncle. My mum is an artist, as is my sister. No idea about my dad. But, Lucy was the slightly more musical one I grew up with. She hated when I practiced into the hours of the night, but she liked that I really took to it. Play me something." Elijah asked, pointing to the violin.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back