Bored.

Blaine Thompson

Blaine walked down to the harbor looking to see is he saw anyone he could meet, of course he found no one, the place was dead, no one was in a miles distance that he could see. Of course he didn't look behind him, someone could be there and he's never know.

Skye didn't know how much longer she was going to survive so much time at home with her mother. It was so much easier to live with her father who was always on her side. Instead Skye felt outnumbered by both her sisters and her mother. It was awful and just plain annoying.

Walking through the shopping area, sadly with little money. That left out shopping and there was no music store in sight. Skye continued down the streets which were suprisingly dead and empty.

Finally she noticed that she was coming up on this one boy. Not knowing who he was or if she had ever noticed him before. Skye decided to at least have a conversation. Who knew he could be decent?

Picking up the pace a bit, Skye finally got up close enough so that the boy could hear her. "Hey" She said simply.

Blaine turned around, a little suprized anyone was around, and saw a girl standing there. "Hello, my name is Blaine." He said grinning. "And you are?" He asked.

Skye took in the boy's name looking at his face trying to remember the name and his face. "The name's Skye" Skye said introducing herself not bothering to put out her hand in the friendly matter she was taught.

This boy, Blaine, seemed about Skye's age. "So what are you up to? This place is so empty" Skye said rolling her eyes at the last part. Gosh she wish there was something exciting to do around her. Though nothing seemed available until the school started.

Blaine looked around and agreed in his mind that this was a lonely place. "Just getting out, hoping to meet some new people before the year started off so I wouldn't be alone. Of course I didn't know before I got here that this was a lonely place and no where on earth would I meet many people." He said with simplicity. He thought about home, and his family, and was glad he finally got out. He just wished the same for the rest of his siblings.

Skye listened as the boy said he wanted to meet more people. Of coarse everyone did. Make their little groups before the school year started, no one wanting to be alone. In a way just like the clicks back at her own school. Though it was still a pathetic thing that people did. Why go out looking for people. The chances you would met someone decent was rare. Sometimes it seemed almost impossible. Hence the reason Skye was lacking in the department of friends.

"Well you met me" Skye said shrugging slightly. If she hadn't been so bored and really needed to get out of the house, she might just turn around right now and leave. Instead she decided to stay, maybe talk for a bit. What harm could it do?

"I don't remembering meeting you at the unsorted meeting" Skye said "What did you skip it?" She asked thinking that how that meeting turned out it was probably a smart thing to do.

Blaine too note of the girl's rudeness, "Yes I did meet you." He commented. "You don't seem to excited to have met me, or anyone else for that matter." He said coldly. Then he tried to remember back to the meeting. "I didn't stay very long." He said remember that was when he met Kaleb and Brodie.

Skye looked around a bit wondering where everyone was. Was the other shopping center better or something. Did they have a music store? Now that thought interesting Skye, though she knew she had to meet people. Here she was with a boy who had a cold tone in his voice and she was tempted to walk away. Just chill She thought to herself.

"I'm not too much of a people person" Skye said smiling slightly. "I'm working on it" She added which was a complete lie but still maybe meeting one or two people would be a good thing for her.

"Lucky you. I stayed most of the time. People talking about basically nothing" She said rolling her eyes slightly trying to keep her tone decent towards the boy. No point making enemies now.

"So are you excited about Hogwarts?" Skye asked trying to make conversation.

Blaine stared at the girl and tried to smile to show that he wasn't completely a bad guy, but he figured he wasn't going to get anything through her. He thought about at home the only thing he did was go outside and play his guitar, it was rare his mom let him hook up the electric.

"Well, maybe I can change that." He said looking around to see of anything interesting, nope he found nothing.

"I am very excited about hogwarts, that means I don't have to be at home. The only thing I'm dreading is the fact I can't plug up my electric." He said.

Skye smiled slightly. This whole smiling thing was quite new. Sure Skye smiled just not as much as people seemed to over her. After meeting a girl named Taylor who seemed to smile and smile all the time. Much like Madison. Though at least that one girl played the drums. That was always a plus.

When the boy named Blaine said that he was excited because he didn't have to be at home, Skye nodded. That was going to be one of the best things ever. Too bad she couldn't escape her sisters. If I get into Slytherin I can Skye thought almost happily.

Yet when the boy mentioned an electric guitar, Skye couldn't help but truely be happy. "Electric guitar? You play the guitar?" Skye asked. Maybe this boy wasn't too bad after all. No one that played a musical instrument couldn't be too awfully bad.

Blaine noticed a change in the girls tone when he mentioned his guitar playing. "I play around a little, nothing to get too excited over, but due to the no electrical devices I brought my acoustic." he said proudly that he had finally won her over, that she didn't think he was a horrible creature after all. He smirked "What do you play?" he asked noticing that she had an interest for music.

"Finally" Skye said glad that she found someone that played guitar. Though she tried to keep any hint of too much excitment in her voice. That was just too much to show too much excitment about anything, completely out of character.

When he asked her what she played, Skye couldn't help but wish that she had brought her guitar with her. "I play the acoustic as well" Skye said leaving out that she sings as well. Almost everyone that played a guitar sang. They just sort of fit together.

Now that Skye realized that her and the boy had something in common, she was a bit more relaxed, not as hostile though not completely friendly. "Where you ever in a band?" She wondered wanting to bring up the all too common house question but she decided to save that for later.

Blaine smiled a little. "Well, I have more of a rock sound to my playing, so acoustic doesn't fit well, but it's all I have." he said now really wishing this place suported electricity.

Blaine shook his head, "No, I never was, I play solo." He said then clarified himself. "I wish I would have though, but I knew no one around me that had any musical abilities." He thought that maybe he should mention that he wanted to be in Slytherin to see if the girl still would stand there and talk to him even though he played guitar. He knew how most people who weren't in either Slytherin or Ravenclaw, generally run when they heard.

"Pity you couldn't bring the electric." Skye said glad that she played the acostic all her life. Her sound never really moved to a rock sound. If anything she played songs that were totally out of character for her mostly pop though never going close to country. "I'd like to hear you play" She added. Now music was something that she could deal with and actually spend time doing. God how she hoped they had something involving music at hogwarts. Skye would even deal with a club.

Nodding as Blaine said he played solo. "Me too" She added thinking how she had no one to play with her other than Amanda who played the drums. That wasn't decent enough for Skye to go so low to play with her younger sister.

"So the dreaded house question. Which house are you hoping for?" Skye asked thinking that if he said Hufflepuff, she would walk off right here on the spot. Sure he played music but if this boy wanted Hufflepuff it just wasn't worth it.

Blaine was taken off guard, first a girl who wouldn't even speak to him, to a girl who wanted to hear him play. "Sure maybe sometime I can." He said running the songs through his head that would be appropriate to play on acoustic, he came to the conclusion there wasn't very many, but he'd find one.

Oh boy here it comes
he said preparing him self for the running, screaming, or the most dreaded crying. "I am hoping Slytherin." He said taking a step back so if she decided to let her anger out in other ways he wouldn't be attacked.

Skye nodded as he said that maybe she could hear him play. Running her fingers through her blonde hair, she waited to see what house he was hoping for. If he said Hufflepuff she would walk off but feel more of a loser for actually talking to one that was destined to for that house. Sure Skye spoke to Madison who would be in Hufflepuff but Madison was family so that didn't count.

Once he said Slytherin, a hint of shock passed onto her face for only a moment. Watching him step back, she held back a small laughter. What did he expect her to hit him or something. "Now if I would have met you at the meeting I might have actually found it not a complete waste of time" she said approvingly.

"Let's hope we are housemates next year" Skye said simply guessing that he would take the hint that she wasn't Slytherin as well. Though she couldn't help but wonder why he had stepped back, from previous incidents. "Most people don't take the news of Slytherin the best I take it?" Skye said not understanding why. "Though it's people like Brodie that make Slytherins look bad" Skye said her tone cold for the moment she mentioned that boy's name. He had just not gotten on her good side at that meeting.

Blaine stared at her in confusion. "So it's a waste of time now?" he asked unsure. Then he tried to figure out what she ment, if she wanted to be in slytherin as well, or thought he was insane, btu not insane enough to leave. "And you?" he asked trying not to sound like a complete idiot. "Well, most girls that don't want to be in slytherin don't' take then news of my house very well." then he heard her mention Brodie. "What's wrong with him?" he asked had made friends with the boy.

Skye noticed that Blaine was a bit confused. Oh god and I'm the blonde one she thought though maybe it was something she said or how she phased it. "No the meeting wouldn't have been a complete waste if I had met you there. I met no one decent there at all." She said hoping that her new wording helped. If not she didn't really no how else to say it.

"Slytherin" She said simply. Though she listened as he spoke about how most girls didn't take the news well. "I take it you've meant loads of girls then" Skye said knowing that there was more girls then guys but she hadn't expected the girls to be all over the guys yet.

Yet as he asked what was wrong with Brodie, Skye rolled her eyes. "He thinks he is so much better than everyone. I swear when I walked in with my sisters he was totally on the side of that brat named Ava, making a few stupid triplet jokes" Skye said rolling her eyes again. Now Brodie was one boy she didn't want to deal with. "I just hope he ends up with Hufflepuff" She muttered.

Blaine felt like smacking himself in the face. "Wow, I feel very stupid." He muttered. Then smiled a little when she said slytherin.
Blaine again wanted to hit himself "No, I actually haven't met many." He said when Skye mentioned the girls thing.
"Well, I haven't talked to him that much, but what I've gotten he wasn't that bad."

Skye smiled slightly. "Don't worry about it." Skye said not admitting that it was her fault by wording it oddly. Though Skye never thought anything was truly her fault. And even if she knew it was her fault she would rather die than admit that fact.

Though for some reason, Skye as glad that Blaine hadn't met too many girls. Again she wouldn't admit it. "Well I wouldn't be surprised. Our year so far seems like so many girls" Skye said thinking that there was just more competation that wasn't always a bit thing.

"I guess he just made the wrong first impression" Skye said when the topic turned right back to the twit named Brodie. Never would she even consider him up to her level. He wasn't worth the time nor would he ever be. Though she just hoped that Brodie wouldn't make his way into Slytherin. Sharing a house with that twit would be close to torture.

"So have you met anyone else?" Skye asked wondering if Blaine had met anyone worth while to get to know.

Blaine nodded still feeling like a moron. "Well, I've met like three, and that would be including you." He said. "I've also met Kaleb Styx, and then Brodie." He said barley even saying Brodie's name so maybe she wouldn't start going on about him again.

"So who all have you met?" He asked trying to keep up conversation.

Skye didn't know this boy named Kaleb though maybe she would make it her business to run into him. Hopefully he was more like Blaine and less like Brodie. "Well you may have to be a bit more social" Skye said a hint of teasing in her voice for the first time in this conversation.

"But I've only met a few people. You, this girl named Taylor, a badly dressed girl named Tanner, annoying Ava, and Brodie" She said listing off all the people she remembered. Though really she had only had real conversations with Blaine and Taylor.

Looking around a moment wondering where everyone was, she tried to forget about it. Maybe she just came at the wrong time. Thinking about what else to say next, Skye began to absentmindedly twirl a piece of her hair around her finger.

"So other than playing the guitar. What do you do for fun?" She asked trying to keep a conversation going.

Blaine chuckled a little, then that faded away when he mentioned Taylor, that wasn't a good thing if Skye was friends with her. "Which Taylor do you know?" he asked, since there may be more than just the Taylor he had heard of. He put that aside when she changed the subject back to interest.
"Well, it sounds lame, but I like reading every so offen." he said trying not to sound like a nerd.

Skye didn't know there was more than one Taylor. Tempted to ask why it mattered which Taylor it was, Skye decided to forget about it. It shouldn't matter. Maybe Blaine had heard about Taylor who seemed rather peppy for Skye's liking, but believe it or not, Skye didn't mind the company of the girl. Whether they would be best friends or not if sorted into different houses were yet to be determined. Though it was always possible.

"I think her name is Taylor Marks" Skye said not really sure. "I think at least. Not so grand with last names" Skye said shrugging a bit. Unless the last name was something important showing class or a higher level, Skye forgot the last name without a second thought.

"Reading" Skye repeated a bit surprised though she tried not to show it. "Reading's not too bad. I don't read too often unless I have to though" She added. Obviously Ravenclaw was never an option for this girl. "I'm a fan of quidditch though, as well as Tennis" She added doubting that Blaine played Tennis but maybe quidditch, possibly if he wasn't muggleborn that was.

Blaine decided to forget about the Taylor girl and move on with the subject. "Yes, I know, very boring." He said then when Skye brought up quidditch he got excited, but he didn't offen show emotion. "I love quidditch, of course I've just played with family." He said rather oddly, but it was the truth, and the only real games he played were when all of the family met together for holidays and such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back