Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Sexual Orientation
too young to care
Wand
Straight 8 Inch Sturdy Hawthorn Wand with Thestral Tail Hair Core
For all that Hogwarts had to offer, Pearl was bored. It was almost like there was too much for her to do, too much to look at and see, and she just didn't know where to start. There were dozens of other students and though she didn't lack an ability to go speak to them, it was difficult to spot who would be good, and so many students meant that occasionally she didn't run into any. It was a little past curfew, but Pearl wasn't tired, she didn't want to be stuck in the dorm, so despite knowing that she shouldn't be out, the idea of being coped up in the common room as not of interest to her. Pearl wasn't even sure where she was anymore, high enough up but not the excessively high Ravenclaw or Astronomy area. She wasn't even really doing anything, but peaking into the rooms with doors that weren't locked.

If there were rules, then you would be sure that Mischa was going to break them. And of course, he wasn't going to pay attention to something as dumb as a curfew. Why couldn't he be out late if he wanted to? That was just dumb. He never paid much attention to when the curfew was supposed to be, sauntering along without a care in the world, hands shoved into his pockets and absolutely no rush to his step. And that was when he saw a familiar face - the girl from the feast at the start of the year who had said that her's father brother had been killed by a basilisk. Mish instantly grinned, sneaking right up behind the girl before clearing his throat. "Ya know ya ain't gonna find any basilisk's here, yeah?"

Pearl had been wondering around for a while when someone finally came across her, and of course it was someone startling her. She screamed, both actually startled by the voice and certainly playing it up a little. She clutched her chest as she turned around to see that it was someone she knew and he was already speaking. "Well, not after you made me scare it away with a scream." she retorted with a roll of her eyes at him, it was of course not the scream which would scare a great snake off, it was dead after all, it did not still exist. "What are you doing? Other than screaming young girls like myself,"

The reaction he got from the girl was much better than he had expected, though he did jump just a little at the loud scream. "Shh, a Professor or prefect is gonna hear ya if you scream like that," he did have to add a little quieter, quickly taking a glance around just in case one happened to come around the corner to bust them for being out after curfew. But then the girl asked what he was doing and the boy just shrugged his shoulder. "Nothing. I was bored so was looking fer something to do. You just happened to be nearby s'all."

Pearl rolled her eyes at him, "Well, don't scare me like that, dummy," she retorted with a slight sharp. She knew she'd been a little dramatic with her scream but she wasn't going to reign that in when it was good fun. "I'm also bored," she did admit with a little shrug. "There's nothing to do," Pearl complained still speaking rather loudly. She didn't much care about getting into trouble. "What did you used to do for fun?" she asked the boy, Misch, or something.

Mischa shrugged, "Then don't be so easy to sneak up on." This could go back and forth forever if he wanted it to. But he wasn't really interested in having some kind of argument about it, even if arguments could be fun. Sometimes. And besides, they still needed to be quiet if they didn't want to draw the ire of a Professor or a prefect. Mish really wasn't in the mood for detention. "Not this time of evening, naw," he did have to agree. They couldn't even leave their common rooms, and it was not like there was anything exciting to do there. "Quidditch. Exploring. Sometimes playing guitar. But what about you? What do ya do for fun?"

Pearl stuck out her tongue at the boy at his point, "That's impossible," she countered but she knew this would be never ending and she'd be perfectly content with that, she didn't have anything better to do and for the moment Mischa was the only person so far that was interesting. The girl was glad he wasn't doing anything specifcally and seemed as bored as she was with it. "Are you any good, at any of those things?" she asked. She didn't really have as many hobbies as that. "OH I'm a champion tennis player, but obviously can't play here," she lied.

"Nah, it's really easy. Just don't turn your back on people," he didn't think it was that hard. He never really had issues with people being able to sneak up on him. But he was mostly just saying this to tease the other girl at this point. But he did have a feeling that she was already aware of this. "Well, I think I'm pretty good at them, yeah," he usually didn't bother with things if he didn't enjoy them or if he wasn't any good at them. "Tennis?" He scrunched his nose up, "Sounds lame." How could people find any enjoyment in just hitting a bouncing ball back and forth?

"Oh yeah, because that's just soooooo easy, I'll just walk like a crab my whole life," she retorted, since of course it was a ridiculous notion that anyone would be able to never have their back turned to people. She got the feeling he was probably winding her up a little but she didn't care, it was more interesting to argue with him than anything else she was doing. "Well, how could anyone find any excitement in a game played on brooms that moves too quickly to really see," She told him, of course she didn't disagree with him about how boring tennis was, but she was a champion (falsely) so she had to pretend to like it.

Mischa did have to snigger just a little at the image of people walking around sideways all their lives. "Well, people could still sneak up on ya like that. Unless you walk with your back pressed to the wall all ya life." Walking sideways still meant there was a behind to sneak up on. But when she tried to argue that Quidditch was boring, Mischa frowned, folding his arms. "It's way more interesting than tennis. People getting hit by bludgers and flying around at high speed and stuff. Tennis is just hitting some dumb ball back and forth over a net."

Pearl rolled her eyes, "There aren't walls everywhere," she had to admit it was fairly funny and she was more entertained by the conversation that she had been from wandering the school's corridors alone. "What's your trick?" she asked, since he obviiously seemed to think it was easy to not get startled, but didn't think her ideas were good, for the purposed of this back and forth. "No it isn't, you can barely see what's happening in quidditch they're flying so fast," Pearl countered with a roll of her eyes. "At least in tennis you can know and see everything that's happening without needing binoculars that like slow time or whatever."

Mischa just shrugged, that grin still on his face the whole time. "Well, I guess you're just gonna be stuck inside the rest of ya life." Which honestly didn't sound too bad. The only downside was that you couldn't really play Quidditch while stuck inside. "Me? I just don't get scared." Though he wouldn't really say that was a trick, he wasn't really lying. Few things actually scared him and people popping up out of nowhere was more or less natural thanks to watching his parents suddenly apparating all his life. "So? You just need the practice to tell what's going on. Understanding what's happening in tennis doesn't make it more interestin'. The sport's still boring."

Pearl rolled her eyes, "So you can't be scared sure, but you could still be startled," she said with a tone that indicted that she was very much going to make it her mission to scare this boy at some point, and she was sure she would manage it. "Oh come on, it's way more interesting to see the sport your watching rather than guess at what's happening," Pearl countered with a roll of her eyes. She didn't care about either. "Well, given that we're not going to agree, and I'm clearly right, since I play a sport and you probably don't...what are your thoughts on rugby?" that was a popular kiwi sport, she'd never played it, but perhaps instead of debating over just quidditch and tennis they could just add another sport to it.

Mischa continued to just grin and stubbornly shook his head, "Nope. I never get startled by things. I'm impossible to jump scare." He supposed it was technically true. He never got scared watching horror movies, even if his parents constantly tried to stop him from watching those sorts of movies. His mother was sure they were going to give him nightmares like he was some kind of baby. "Nothin' in the world could make tennis interestin' to watch." Not unless they brought in bludgers. Bludgers always made things more interesting. "I play a sport," he also had to interject with a huff, "I play Quidditch. And I used to play football as well." As for rugby, "I suppose it's fun to tackle people and jus' jump on 'em."

Pearl shook her head, "Hmmm, we'll see," if Pearl would actually remember to do anything and startle him would remain to be seen, but certainly a part of her was sure that she could try. "You better watch out from now on," Pearl told him with a little retort, at least trying to press it further, make him think she was considering it more than him. "Muggles find it very interesting," she retorted, she wouldn't know if this boy was a fan of muggles, but this wasn't the point of her asking really. She rolled her eyes at him. "Are you on the house team?" she didn't pay that much attention to the house team, but if he played then it had to be on a team. "I tried rugby, but I much prefer to watch it. I almost broke my arm when I played,"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back