Bookworms, Unite!

Vanessa Parker

Vanessa sighed happily as a breeze blew her hair around. She was sitting in the shade of an oak tree on the great lawn, reading a book. It was one she hadn't read before, and it was quite interesting. She had her usual, cheerful smile on her face. She leaned against the trunk of the oak tree.

Vanessa was wearing some jean shorts, a pink tank top and yellow flip-flops. She put her book down and took off her flip-flops and then went back to reading.

Stephanie was out for a while to enjoy the weather. She had been in the common room all day and that made her feel bored.She just done reading the "wuthering heights" and decided to go out and look for someone she could talk to. The school year was in its second term and Stephanie only new some people. She wanted to meet someone else. As she was walking she didn't noticed a twig and tripped a little, " Oh! " Careless!, she thought. She was in front of an oak tree a noticed that someone was there with a book. She smiled at the familiar girl and waved. "Hey, could I sit beside you?" she asked but didn't wait for an answer and sat beside the girl. " Uhm, What are you reading? " She asked as the wind flipped her hair and made it tangled. Stephanie combed it with her hand.

Vanessa looked up at the girl. She looked familiar. Probably from classes. "Hi," she said, with a nod saying that the girl could sit beside her. "Oh, I was just reading a Nancy Drew book... My mom read them when she was a kid and still owns them. I brought the first few with me but never read them until now." She smiled. "A very good book."

Stephanie,still hand combing her hair,smiled at girl who she saw from class, the girl was reading a Nancy Drew's book whom Steph really like. "Carolyn Keene,right?" She asked don't know if she's right though. The book was a little familiar but she hadn't read it. "I'm Stephanie by the way. I do saw you in class. You're Vanessa right?" she asked.

Vanessa nodded when the girl asked if the author was Carolyn Keene. "Yeah, I'm Vanessa," she said. "And you're Stephanie?" She had seen the girl in class a lot and heard the girl's name in Defence Against the Dark Arts when she was put under the Imperius Curse by the professor. But she might have remembered it wrong, maybe it was another student or another name.

"aha." Stephanie said leaning gently on the oak tree. "are you enjoying the weather? it's too windy for me." she asked. Stephanie didn't really like a windy atmosphere. BUt it seemes that her fellow students are appreciating the climate. "hmm. How's class?" Stephanie asked.

Vanessa nodded. "Well, it's okay," she said. "The breeze is refreshing for me. But if there's too much wind it creates a hair storm in my face." She giggled a little. "Classes are good so far. My favorite is Care of Magical Creatures... I got to ride a hippogriff. Plus, I love animals. How are classes going for you?"

Hippogriff. Stephanie pondered it. She was afraid of Hippogriffs though they seems nice she can't take the risk. Vanessa just asked Steph about her classes and she answered it with a little smile, "it got a little boring and a little interesting" she said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back