Closed Bonding Opportunities

Felicity Sweetwater

✨'Flick' ✨Bubblegum B*tch ✨

OOC First Name
Kris
Blood Status
Half Blood
Felicity had always had a knack for getting what she wanted, so she hadn't been overly concerned about nabbing a spot on the Ilvermorny team. All it took was a little determination and some positive thinking and she had made it no problem. Now, she was looking forward to getting her parents off her back about branching out, and hopefully the team wouldn't be a total bore. She knew some of the kids from her house, and she was looking forward to getting to knowing the others a bit better at least.

Arriving in the locker room, Flick placed her sports bag on the bench, moving immediately over to the mirror once she was changed to check out her Quidditch robes, glancing over from where she was fussing with her hair as Abigail appeared. "Oh, hey girl, how do you think I should wear my hair for practice?" Felicity asked, pulling her hair into two bunches in the mirror and tilting her head this way and that. "I was thinking pigtails. What do you think?" She glanced over her shoulder at Abigail; the older girl had been on the team longer than her, obviously, and Flick hoped they could get closer while being on the team together. "All that flying around in the wind probably plays hell on your skin too, I have some moisturizer too if you need it," Flick added, adjusting the height of her pigtails up and down in the mirror as she turned side to side, still trying to decide.

Last edited:
Abigail had pulled her hair in a tight ponytail, as she always did for practice. She had put on her Quidditch robes and was busy with her gloves, when someone suddenly spoke to her. Abigail frowned slightly. She tended to ignore most of her teammates, especially the new ones. Abigail was focused on her own success and very little else. Now, this girl was talking to her as if they were friends, simply because they were on the same team. Abigail looked at her, taking in the pink hair with a critical look. "Pigtails will make you look like a little kid." She finally said. "But I suppose that's not entirely unfitting." She added more quietly, though she still was clearly audible. She turned away from her, putting her bracelets in her bag. "I have my own moisturizer, thanks." She added coolly. She wasn't here for babysitting duty.

Felicity nearly lost her grip on one side of her parted hair when she turned to glance at Abigail, frowning at her response. "I think they're cute which is fitting, you're right," she said firmly, turning back to the mirror. She'd been hoping she could bond more with her teammates, the Quidditch team was a bit of an enigma in Felicity's eyes after all. If you were good a broom, why on earth would you wanna play something like Quidditch when you could be playing something far more popular like Quadpot. Talking to Abigail though it seemed like the answer was because no one else wanted to be around their bad attitudes.

Deciding to power through it, Felicity finished pulling her hair into two low pig tails, brushing her bangs aside as she moved to the bench where she'd left her bag and rifled through it, glancing at Abigail again. "Makes sense that you'd be prepared, I suppose," she said, reaching for her usual bright tone. Maybe Abigail just needed a little extra niceness before she'd open up. "You've been on the team a few years right? Any tips?" She asked, turning with a bounce to look at Abigail hopefully, enjoying the feeling of her pigtails moving with the motion.

Abigail rolled her eyes at the girl's retort. It wasn't even good. Abigail was serious about Quidditch, and she couldn't stand girls who weren't. She didn't know why Felicity joined the team, but her best guess was a bid at popularity, a chance to meet boys, or just because she was bored. She was not on the same level as Abigail. She snorted when the girl said it made sense she was prepared. She tightened her ponytail and shot her a sideways look. "I'm always prepared." She told her with a cool smile. Her smile widened slightly when the girl asked for any tips. She shrugged. "My only tip is to take it seriously. The team doesn't need giggling dead weight we have to pull along." She said with a shrug. "For some of us this is not just a way to pass the time." She added pointedly.

Flick hoped maybe she was onto something when Abigail smiled at her; sometimes asking people for advice was the best way to get them to like you. Abigail's advice however made it fairly clear exactly what she apparently thought of Felicity though and she bristled. "Well good thing everyone on the team made it through the same try-outs and will work hard," she said with a sniff, busying herself putting her hairbrush away in her bag. She didn't get what Abigail's issue was with her, Felicity had done nothing but been nice to her and she'd passed try-outs to get on the team just like everyone else. "Are you trying to go pro or something?" She asked, setting her bag aside and tugging the collar of her robes straight. Maybe that's why Abigail was so hostile, she'd probably need to be on a winning team to go pro, or maybe she thought Felicity was competition or something, she liked that idea a lot better.

Abigail shrugged at Felicity's words. "Obviously everyone tries their hardest at tryouts." She said offhandedly. "But the real hard work starts now, in practices." She told her, giving her a critical look before looking away. "But if you'll work hard, I'll have no complaints." She added lightly, though she wasn't sure if that was true. As annoying as it was to have people doing nothing, it would be even more annoying to be shown up by this newbie. Abigail checked her reflection in the mirror and started applying lip balm. "Yes." She said in response to Felicity's question. "Obviously." She put the lip balm away and turned to her. "You're not?" She asked, eyebrows raised.

"Obviously," Felicity repeated, frowning, but it seemed Abigail was giving her a bit of an opening so Felicity let it go for now. She had nothing to prove to her, but clearly Abigail thought Felicity wasn't up to the challenge. Maybe she could hit a few bludgers her way and see if Abigail thought she wasn't hitting hard enough. Content with that mental image, Feclity moved to put her stuff away, glancing over when Abigail confirmed she was intending to go pro. Felicity couldn't imagine deciding the rest of your life so young. She barely knew what she wanted for breakfast. "Wow, impressive," she said mildly, moving to the mirror next to Abigail to double-check her pigtails. "I dunno, I hadn't really thought about it. Quidditch isn't very popular after all," she said with a shrug, enjoying how the motion made her hair wiggle. "But I guess that means there's less competition. Probably wouldn't be that hard."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back