OOC First Name
Daphne
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Nadine had been angry ever since practice ended, and had lingered on the pitch to 'clean up while the rest of the team went to change. Instead she had hurriedly gathered the balls and put them in the crate, and then spent some time angrily pacing the grass. When she finally headed over to the changing rooms, she hoped that the rest of the team was gone already. But as she entered the changing room, she came face to face with the exact person she wanted to see the least. Orélie had gotten pretty hurt during practice, and Nadine had hoped she would have gone to the hospital wing already. But it seemed like she was still here, and Nadine stalked past her angrily, taking off her gear and throwing it onto the ground. "That was disgraceful." She snapped after a moment of silence, turning on her. "What on earth were you thinking? The whole team thinks you're childish now, you know!"

Orélie had been happy to leave Nadine to her sulk on the pitch as practice finished wrangling the team into the changing rooms but mostly keeping to herself as she got changed. Everything hurt and Orélie was still furious with how their first official practice had gone. She knew Nadine had been acting funny about having her as a co-captain, but she couldn't get over what a brat she'd been all through out practice. She'd been so lost in her thoughts fuming, Orélie had barely notice the rest of the team filtering out of the changing rooms, turning to see Nadine finally stalk in.

"Oh, decided to come in here since there's no one to whine to out on the pitch," She said, feeling her patience snap when Nadine accused her of being childish. "I'm being childish??" She said furiously, walking over to get in Nadine's face. "You're the one who can't bare the thought of sharing your stupid team with me. I'm so sorry I'm not some quidditch junkie, but Fletcher and Theodore clearly thought you needed the help," She said, poking Nadine in the shoulder and trying not to hiss when the movement jostled her hurt shoulder. "I can see why now." She added, giving Nadine a distasteful once over and feeling her lip curl. She and Nadine had had their differences in the past, but they had never fought like this. Orélie was hurting, emotionally and physically and she wanted Nadine to hurt too.

Nadine scowled at Orélie. "I was cleaning up, one of a captain's duties which I guess you're too good to do yourself." She fired back at her angrily. She inhaled sharply at Orélie's next words, her fists clenching in anger. "That's not TRUE!" She yelled, stamping her foot. "They just thought two captains were better than one, but I guess they didn't know you that well!" She shouted, barely managing not to shove Orélie back. She forbicly reminded herself that the other girl was hurt. Nadine crossed her arms in front of her angrily, glaring at Orélie. "I did everything today. It's not like you've actually been any help." She argued. "I'm starting to think Simone would've been a better choice."

Orélie rolled her yes at Nadine's petty response "Well excuse me for wanting to debrief the team and make sure everyone was alright in here after that disaster of practice," She sniped. Truth be told Orélie had mostly been silent as everyone got dressed, too busy licking her wounds to really acknowledge the team, but at least she hadn't been hiding out on the pitch ignoring everyone while she threw a tantrum like Nadine had.

She clicked her tongue at Nadine's little outburst almost laughing out of spite when Nadine stamped her foot. "Are you sure they didn't just want backup in case you threw a little fit on the pitch like you are right now?" She said, feeling a cold, calm anger take over her the more worked up Nadine got. Orélie didn't want to fight with Nadine, but she was already feeling like Nadine barely wanted her around on the team as a captain, and it hurt to find out how true that was. "You won't let me do anything," She snarled back at Nadine. "You act like you know everything about Quidditch and I'm offending you by just existing as captain, but guess what, Nadine, you're not perfect!" She shot back, grabbing her things almost blindly. "Even Simone isn't childish enough to put up with you," She scoffed. "Good luck finding anyone who is,"

Nadine scowled at Orélie's response, rolling her eyes. "Sure, I'm sure you just loved turning the team against me after that. Or were you too busy crying about the few hits you had during practice?" She added, eyeing her doubtfully. "That's part of this, you know." She added haughtily.

Truthfully, Orélie's words gave her doubt. Maybe she could ask Theodore why he had picked both of them? He was still in school... but no, she was sure she was right about the reasoning. She shouldn't let Orélie make her doubt herself. "Yes, I'm sure." She scowled. "And I won't let you do anything because you haven't earned it! You barely know what you're talking about, and you barely have an interest in Quidditch!" She added, raising her voice. "You didn't even want to JOIN last year!" She threw back at her. "And now you think you know better than me? You don't!" She was glad Orélie seemed to be grabbing her things to leave, that meant Nadine could stay here and seem like the calmer of the two, even if she also felt the urge to run out of the room. "I don't need anyone else, I can do this on my own." She added, crossing her arms. "I especially don't need you."

Orélie didn't hold back the scoff at Nadine's accusations. "Is that what you think is happening? Oh poor Nadine, everyone's against you. You don't need my help with that," She snarled, shoving her things into her bag. Her body still twinged from the pain from the bludgers, but she wasn't about to let Nadine see it if she could help. "Wow, thanks for your amazing quidditch advice," She said, straightening up to stare Nadine back down.

"You just can't stand that they didn't think you could do it alone," Orelie said stiffly, her guts twisting when Nadine confirmed how she was really feeling about all this. "It only took me a year to make captain and it took you want, four?" She sneered. Some distant part of her was screaming to stop saying these things to Nadine. But everything out of Nadine's own mouth stung, the hurt mixing with her frustration and how bull-headed and stupid Nadine had to be about everything. "Just admit that you're jealous that you're not the special quidditch star anymore and get over it," She said, turning to leave. "Fine. Have fun then," Orélie said, voice hard as she walked from the locker room. If Nadine wanted to be alone, fine. She wasn't sure where she was going, eyes burning as she walked straight ahead. It wasn't like she could go back to the room she shared with Nadine, but anywhere was better than here right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back