Bluebells, Patronus, and Autumn Nights

Kiera thought about it as he said he only got three or four tickets. Kiera assumed he had other friends or family that he would give those tickets to. She was being selfish to want to come to all his games. Internally, she scolded herself for her selfishness. "Oh okay.." she said softly, not wanting to say anything else about his tickets. She didn't want him to think he had to give her a ticket. Quidditch was exciting though and she did want to see him play at some point. Kiera had a feeling the rules might get over looked a bit more often. It would probably make her very nervous for him. It made her stomach squeamish just thinking about him getting hurt on the Pitch.

Kiera smiled sweetly at him as he kissed her forehead. "It's kay." she said, her southern accent getting heavier. She usually fought to keep it mostly out of her voice, but as she got tired, it slipped and it was very noticeable. Some people called it cute, others called it annoying. It was just the way Kiera had grown up talking. Kiera leaned her head on James as he pulled her closer. His arms were like a snugly blanket. They soothed her mind though a voice faintly whispered that she would be paying for this tomorrow.. She smiled as he said he would never do anything to intentionally hurt her. She tilted her face up and gave him a peck on the cheek. "I know that now. I'm sorry I didn't know that before." she told him, the clear sincerity in her voice.

James looked at Kiera as she spoke and for some unapparent reason a voice of doubt and mistrust entered his head, it told James to watch out because she was trouble. James didn't listen to the voice but as most voices are it grew louder when ignored. It told him that he was gonna hurt her, that was just who he was and if he didn't hurt her then she would hurt him. James hated that feeling as though everything really was a game and everyone was either a player or simply the one getting played. Staring at Kiera, James wanted to believe that there was something there and yet he knew part of him saw nothing. She would forget this evening and you as soon as it's all over, she has a boyfriend that she wants more then you. James opened his eyes slightly not really wanting to go to sleep with that voice of nightmares talking to him.

James simply looked at the stars with Kiera in his arms. "You should see me play Quidditch this summer" James said warmly as he thought about entering the pitch after a years break. He'd practiced a bit at the school but he'd actually been encouraged to practice more during the village trips. The trainings had been very long and very exhausting but in the end James knew that they would be worth it. Come next year when he was finished with school he would be Flying for the Chudley Cannons performing daring acts that only the adults are truly trained to perform. Like a very fast circus without nets James thought with a smile, canonballs flying at you while other clowns try to knock you down. JAmes found himself drifting off into a dream about the Circe de Quidditch with James flying high and Kiera as the ring leader cracking her whip to make him go where she wanted him.

Kiera's eyes fluttered open as he told her she should come see a match this summer. Kiera smiled at James. "I would love that." she said honestly. She wanted to watch James fly without trying to compete against him like in their Chaser match. "I can't come til late July or August. My mother is getting married in June. She's the transfiguration Professor here." she said, the resentment clearly in her sleepy voice. "Then in July, I have another competition. I have to be at the gym everyday so that I can win." she told him, a smile on her face. Kiera wanted so badly to win and prove that her injury last year had not slowed her down. "If you have the time you can come. Its on television if you don't have the time." Kiera told him. She knew he would be busy with his real job and not have the time to bother with her.

A voice in Kiera's mind whispered that this was why they couldn't be together. Girls threw themselves at James, he wouldn't want a naive girlfriend still in school. He would want one of those women, who were more experienced in the ways of the world. The ones with a career who had the time to come watch him play because they weren't stuck in school. Kiera inched closer to James, she had to make this last in her memory. Kiera was sure in the morning James would change his mind about Kiera. Her eyes slowly shut. Her dreams turned to James. Kiera always had strange dreams, this time it was really crazy. Kiera was walking down a beach, hand in hand with James. They weren't doing anything but talking, only they both looked older. The corners of her mouth turned up in her sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back