Bluebells, Patronus, and Autumn Nights

James Potter

Wand
16 inches Mahogony Pheonix Feather Core
James paced up and down the North Tower as he began thinking about what he was going to say to Kiera, it was 9:30 and he'd asked her to meet him here around 10. James felt a bit nervous but didn't know exactly why, perhaps it was guilt or simply the rush of doing something he knew was wrong. James wasn't really sure he cared at the moment as he pulled out his wand feeling the cold air from the Autumn wind blow by. James was wearing a sweater and some blue jeans but knew that Kiera might get cold. He also wanted to set a certain type of mood for when she arrived however he wasn't exactly sure what mood. That's when James decided he knew exactly what he was going to do. James pointed his wand all around and began releasing Bluebell flames, they were small and glowed bright blue as they warmed the area around James without making them too hot. James flicked his wand slightly as the bluebell flames began to float around without making too much light or hitting anything.

James wanted this to be perfect for some reason as he pointed his wand out again and said "Expecto Patronum!" out popped a silvery shaggy dog that James had known for quite some time. 'Siruis' as he affectionately dubbed his Patronus already knew what was expected of him as he began slowly but mystically moving in between the bluebell flames leave a silvery trail as he did so. The view was something James was sure Kiera hadn't seen many times before. Siruis would also serve as a look out in case anyone tried to interrupt there little get together. James wasn't sure if there was anything else he wanted as he looked at his watch. it was almost ten and he didn't want to appear as though he'd been caught off guard by her arrival. James walked over to the ledge of the tower and looked out into the night sky letting the cool wind brush on him as the heat of the flames kept him comfortable.

Kiera had gotten a letter from James asking her to meet him on top of the Tower at 10. She had debated whether or not she should go. Kiera was not one to cheat on her boyfriend. Especially someone as great as Alex, but the letter had just said James wanted to talk to her. Kiera thought that it must be to sort out what had happened in the library. So shortly before ten, Kiera pulled on some jeans and a fitted pink muggle sweater, which made Kiera look even thinner than normal. If that was possible.

Kiera slowly climbed the stairs to the North Tower. She was nervous about meeting with James. Their last meeting in the library had ended rather abruptly. She had thought he would have no interest in seeing her now that he knew about her boyfriend. Kiera felt better about meeting James tonight because he knew Kiera had a boyfriend. Kiera opened the door at the top of the stairs and gasped. James had lit the tower up with bluebells positioned just perfectly as they floated in the air. A silvery white dog paced back and forth between the balls of light. Kiera was speechless as she looked around at how beautifully the tower had been set up. She couldn't believe that he had gone to all this trouble for her. Kiera's wide brown eyes looked up at James. "I got your letter." she said softly, still amazed at how the tower looked. "Is this all for me?" she asked him uncertainly.

James turned around and saw Kiera as she spoked, the look on her face said it all as James smiled. Siruis barked a little, not too loud though as it widened it's movements for better security ensuring that nobody except James and Kiera would be able to see it as it moved as silent as the night itself. James walked over to Kiera as she asked him if he had planned all that just for her. James didn't want to answer that because in truth he wasn't quite sure himself. Instead he stared into her eyes as he had in the library and then before she could do or said anything, James placed a hand around her waster and the other on her chin as he leaned in and began kissing her again. This time was different however as he was more passionate and seemed to have more desire in his lips as the blue light shown off of them. Kiera's shirt seemed to radiate purple even though James was sure that wasn't the color.

After what seemed like forever James finally let Kiera's lips go but did not move to far. "I'm sorry" James said slowly in a tone that was barely a whisper "I'm sorry that I'm not sorry" James explained as he continued to stare into her eyes. "I know you have a boyfriend and that I shouldn't be kissing you" James explained "however I really can't help myself and I'm glad that I can't" James said as he kissed her again for only a brief moment this time as if testing the waters. "I don't just want to be your friend and I know you feel the same way about me" James said with a conviciton that was stronger then anything he'd ever felt. The Bluebells continued to move slowly as the wind attempted to put them out but failed miserably. "I want to be more then friends" James said as he stared into her eyes allowing them to wash over him once more as he slowly leaned in and began kissing her once more.

Kiera watched as James turned around and look at her. She could see something different in his eyes but she couldn't tell what it was. Kiera grinned as the dog barked. She had never been around a Patronus this strong. Kiera was surprised when James placed his hand around her waist and pulled her closer. Kiera's skin prickled as James touched her chin. Then, his lips were on Kiera's again, soft and familiar. Kiera could feel the passion and desire in his kisses. Kiera responded by kissing him back, not even thinking about what she was doing. She was confused by his feelings behind this kiss. He hadn't even been interested in taking her to the Yule Ball, going instead with the head girl. Kiera didn't know why he wanted her so badly now.

Finally, James moved away from her, but only slightly. She could still feel his breath on her face. She listened to him with her brown eyes wide open, his eyes staring back into hers. Kiera was speechless as he spoke. He said he couldn't help it. He leaned in and kissed her again, this time more gently. Kiera didn't have the slightest idea what to do. Of course she liked James. What girl wouldn't? He was handsome, charming, and smart. Kiera's thoughts raced as his next words. He was right, she didn't want to be just friends with him, but she had Alex. Alex was perfect for her. What did James want from her if not friendship? He had told her before than he didn't want a relationship. So where did that leave her? What was she supposed to do? Kiera froze as he once again began to kiss her. She hadn't had time to say anything or do anything. Her thoughts were all jumbled up in her brain. She let him kiss her as she tried to sort everything out in her head. After all, Kiera had been attracted to James since day one.

The kissing became more intense and James' hands seemed to move on there own however James quickly pulled back and looked at Kiera. He was breathing a little heavier then normally but not enough to actually be noticed. "I brought you up here actually to show you something" James said as he released her and grabbed a large blanket from a corner. James laid the blanket out on the tower and laid down on it so that he was facing the sky. He turned towards Kiera and patted the spot next to him as he returned his attention back towards the sky. The clouds that were normally in the sky all day and night were mysteriously removed as many brilliant stars could be seen raidiating a bit bluish thanks to the warm flames that surrounded the pair. "Tonight's suppose to be a meteor shower, the largest in the past few years" James said a bit matter of factly. It was also the main reason why James chosed the North Tower rather then the Astronomy Tower as he was sure there would be a few clases.

The Ravenclaw Tower protected them from view as James looked at his watch and then back at the sky "any minute now" James muttered as Siruis returned once more from a quick patrol. The Silvery dog did not glow as bright as he did before but still had strength inside him yet, James had never kept his patronus out so long and wondered if he should cast the charm again. Suddenly James' attention was brought back to the sky as shiny little dots began moving across the sky. They remided James of a Quidditch match, seeing the players dart across the sky and the golden snitch. The Shower grew more and more as it seemed like the whole sky would be consumed. James couldn't help after a while but have his attentioned turned back towards Kiera, she truely was a sight to be seen with meteors in her eyes and the warming blue and silver glow that surrounded the pair of them.

Kiera realized that the kissing was starting to go a little too far. Her thoughts were still jumbled up as James broke away from her. His eyes were shining with something she recognized as passion. Kiera was surprised again as James announced that he actually did have something to show her. Kiera watched him carefully as he opened a blanket across the ground. Kiera didn't know how she felt about laying down next to a boy who wasn't her boyfriend. She wondered if she shouldn't bolt right now. Part of her wanted to stay though. This felt like a date to her, something that shouldn't be happening while she was with Alex. "I haven't ever seen a meteor shower." Kiera replied with a soft smile.

Kiera laid down on the ground, on the blanket James had brought. Kiera glanced over at James as he sat down. She was still confused about what was going on between her and James. Or did he forget he didn't want a girlfriend? Kiera waited patiently for the shower. Then, it came on suddenly. Kiera's eyes lit up as the stars flashed across the sky. Kiera grinned as she watched them. "Oh...wow...they are beautiful..." she murmured. Kiera watched the sky intently. She didn't see James looking at her.

James continued looking at Kiera not knowing what he wanted. Physically he wanted to keep kissing her and perhaps do more however mentally he knew that it wasn't right for him to want her physically. James wasn't sure how he liked Kiera but knew that he enjoyed spending time with her, and he definately could talk with her for hours. James turned onto his side and stared at her as the stars continued to fall however growing more distant. The silver dog that was Sirius had shrunk a little bit so that now he looked more like a full grown puppy. His silvery mist still shown off the bluebells as James wrapped his arms around Kiera and began kissing her once more with the same intensity as before.

James wasn't sure if he wanted to push forward however decided that they had plenty of time to experiment with their feelings and that for now they could just stay in the place they were at. James knew that Kiera was only sixteen and didn't want to push her towards anything she wasn't ready for, though had to place a lot of selfcontrol in order to maintain this state of mind as he continued to kiss her. James wondered for a brief moment if Kiera was thinking about her boyfriend when she was with him. He even had a question as to wether she thought James was a better kisser or not, then he thought about it. Kiera liked James but was dating someone else, yet she was with James on top of the north tower and they weren't exactly talking about Quidditch. James parted his lips from Kiera as he looked into her eyes "I think I just saw you fly" James said with a slight smirk as he leaned in to kiss her again.

Kiera closed her eyes as the meteor shower began to die down. The warmth of the bluebells was making her sleepy, plus the fact she hadn't been able to sleep much the night before. Kiera was still confused about what she was still doing up here with James. She had been trying to sort through her thoughts during the sparkling of light. Kiera didn't know what to do. She was attracted to James and found him rather interesting, but she was attracted to Alex as well as he could always make her laugh. It didn't help the situation much that this place is where he officially wanted her to be his girl. This is sooo messed up! But James must like me if he went through all this trouble...and check out those last kisses! Kiera thought to herself. She didn't know whether to be pleased James wanted her so much or to be insulted that he ignored her about her boyfriend.

Kiera didn't struggled as James wrapped her arms around her. Kiera noticed the same passion and intensity in his kisses that had been there before. She finally relaxed as he kissed her. Kiera had given up struggling, not knowing how to get out of this tactfully. It was making it hard for her brain to think. Kiera began to wonder if James just wanted to make her a conquest. Laying down, snuggled up to him, added an element to their kissing and what it all meant. Kiera laughed softly as James said he saw her fly. She shook her head. "If you just saw me fly, you would be more amazed." she teased him, like she would Alex. As he started kissing her again, she couldn't help but wish it was Alex who was holding her this tight.

James released Kiera's lips and looked at her eyes smiling slightly "you'd be surprised at how amazed I am with nobody else but you" James said knowing that it was true. There was definately a physical and emotional attraction between the two however James wasn't sure if it was enough. Kiera reminded James of Isabella and in a way she was even better but James couldn't help but wonder if something was missing or worse interfearing. Kissing Kiera was definately fun but as long as there was that Elephant standing in between them James just couldn't go any furthur. So James simply rolled back over and laid next to her looking up at the stars. Thinking about the choices he'd made and how most of them had taken him down a path that was not always safe, Despite what people thought James was alot more mature for his age.

He'd been made to grow up and when he thought he'd found the one in Isabella, he'd been brutally crushed. Perhaps that was why he didn't move forwards with Kiera... He'd had his wild flings while traveling the road with the Canons but never really tried to get too close or commit simply because he knew that was one step closer to being betrayed. James knew he couldn't feel bad though as he was helping Kiera commit one of the ultimate betrayals to her boyfriend and yet he didn't regret it. James couldn't help but feel a bit selfish in that nature and knew that if his Aunt found out he'd done such a thing she'd probably turn him into a cockroach and squish him. "So... the stars look nice" James said trying to start conversation rather then continue with the more preferable sport that both he and Kiera had been enjoying only a few moments before.

Kiera thought her heart skipped a beat at James's words. Part of her wanted to believe him and just be with him, but the other part of her of her was screaming at her for betraying her boyfriend. She didn't know why James had picked now of all times to decided that he liked her. Kiera had felt a connection to James during their very first meeting in the library. Kiera's clear brown eyes warmed at his sentence. Unconsciously, Kiera's lips slipped into a pout as James moved away from her. She liked being held and made to feel special especially since it so rarely happened. That wasn't the type of relationship she had with Alex. Kiera turned her face from James and looked up at the stars, the meteor shower now over. Kiera wished she could name more of the constellations but she was bad at Astronomy.

Kiera laughed and turned back to James. "Is that really what your going to say to me?" she said the amusement in her eyes. She wasn't upset, she just found it funny. He had just been kissing her and that's what he chose to say? Amusement was written all over her face. Kiera cocked her head to the side and decided to answer his statement anyways. "The meteor shower was amazing. I've only seen one other before." she admitted. James had been clever to set up such a romantic night. It was definitely part of the reason she stayed even though she knew it was wrong. "I don't do so well in Astronomy. I prefer just to look at the stars instead of study them." she told him, still smiling.

James looked at her and smiled "I do too" James said though he wasn't looking at the stars in the sky. James couldn't help but feel in doubt about the whole situation as the bluebells began to move slightly round and round giving off a bit more warmth while cutting out the coldness from the wind. James knew that Kiera liked him but he wasn't sure if she felt the same way he did or if she was just using him as a plaything. James wouldn't be mad or even blame her, it had been him that had suggested they only remain friends with a little bit of benefits. James wondered deep down if he regretted causing all of this grieve for himself and for Kiera. James turned over onto his side and stared directly into Kiera's eyes falling deeply into them as if he were running in the deepest part of the forest.

James decided that while he was confused about the whole Jiera thing, that it should stop him from enjoying himself. James smiled at Kiera and wrapped his arms around her so that he was slightly on top of her. James then preceeded with kissing her again however they were not as intense as before. James knew that he was sending mixed signals and also knew how annoyingly frustrated that could be. James however began to grow more passionate in his kissing doing a few things that only he ever did with his tongue just to ensure that Kiera wasn't going to be thinking about anyone else, especially her boyfriend. James figured he was selfish for not wanting Kiera to be with someone that made her happy, it was just that James himself knew that he could make her happier.

Kiera flashed a grin at James before looking back up at the sky. She saw the bluebells speeding up and producing more heat. She realized it must be getting colder outside. Kiera knew what she was doing right now was wrong, very wrong. But at the same time she was having a good time. Kiera's head and emotions were all tangled up in a knot. Kiera loved Alex but she also felt a strong physical and emotion pull towards James. Kiera couldn't help but think that she was just a hook up for him, and it made her more hesitant. He had told her he only wanted to be friends. Kiera glanced towards James and saw that he was facing her, looking at her. Kiera's clear eyes held his gaze. It was intoxicating, like she was fighting a losing battle.

Kiera couldn't help but smile back at James. She didn't know how she felt inside. All she could feel right now was utter confusion. Kiera's skin prickled as James wrapped his arms around her. She snuggled in closer for warmth. Kiera couldn't help it that she was a snuggler. Then, James started kissing her again. The first few kisses were different, sweeter in a way, before growing in passion. Kiera had never been kissed this intensely before. Alex was gone from her mind for the time being, James's kisses had ensured that. Kiera couldn't think of anything else at the moment but him. She was lucky she was so in shape or she would have been breathing harder than normal.

James continued kissing Kiera feeling the heat from her and the Bluebells as a little whisp that was Siruis continued moving about still providing some cover so that nobody would interrupt James' and Kiera's evening. James removed his lips and felt the sweat on his brow, he was definately feeling hot now and decided that he wouldn't be able to continue being so close to Kiera much longer unless he did something. Without thinking James removed his sweater to reveal his bare chest, he was exactly Bulky like a muscle builder however he definately had some muscles and a sixpack from all the practices on the pitch. James realized that most girls would definately be intimidated by this type of situation expecially if they weren't experienced. It was however too late to put his sweater back on and the coolness of the Autumn night did relieve him somewhat.

"It's hot" James tried to explain however he was still on top of her and even though he had some sweat left on him he wasn't sure if he was giving Kiera the wrong impression. "I don't expect anything to happen tonight" James said though he realized it probably sounded like some cheesy line guys use to try to get with women. James really didn't expect anything aside from what had already happened. James decided that it might be better to wait a moment as he stepped a bit away from Kiera and back onto the side of the blanket he had been on earlier. He wasn't covered in sweat however he was hot, James figured it might be best to just lay down and look at the stars some more and think about something else while they cooled off a little "I really do respect you, you know..." James said though not looking at her.

Kiera froze as James pulled his sweater over his head. She was hesitant to continue kissing him like this. Kiera had seen plenty of shirtless boys. After all, look at what the male gymnasts wore at her gym and at competitions. However, it was different in a situation like this. Kiera was basically an innocent girl. She had only had one other boyfriend besides her current one. James was extremely muscular which only frightened her more. She didn't know how to react. James could probably see the fright in Kiera's easily read eyes. She listened as he said he was hot but she thought it was probably just an excuse since he could tell it made her nervous. Kiera sighed internal relief as James back away from her. It lessened the pressure on her.

Kiera didn't know if she believed that James didn't expect anything to happen tonight. He was a good bit older than her and definitely more experienced. Kiera was glad when James just returned to laying beside her. He respected her? She thought for a long while about what he said. She wasn't sure whether she should voice her opinion or just take the easy way out. Kiera decided to go with the first option. She was a Gryffindor after all. "Do you really?" she said quietly. "Are you sure I'm not some trophy? A prize you want to collect?" she said, not looking at him. She was thinking about all the boys who just wanted to get with girls and have a one-night stand.

"Trophy!?" James said a bit more incrediously then he intended as he looked Kiera in the eyes, James felt a flash of anger as he knew this was exactly how many women in the wizarding world thought about guys especially guy's with James' background. James grabbed his sweater and put it back on while saying "I was hot, I really didn't mean anything by it!" He looked Kiera in the eyes and could see that she had been a bit freightened of James as though maybe all of this had been some sheme he'd cooked up. James even wondered if Kiera thought he might force himself on her like some rapist which seemed to only increase the anger inside of him. James didn't know what he wanted to say but did know that he wanted to get it right not just for Kiera but for all the women that thought he was just some jerkish playboy that only thought about one thing.

"I didn't invite you here for that" James said seriously. "I invited you up here because I liked you, more then as a friend and I thought you felt the same" James admitted not sure how far was going to be too far. James decided however that it might be best to just let it all out though so that there wouldn't be anymore Elephants hanging in the room. "We both know you have a boyfriend, we've known this entire time and yet we've done nothing to stop ourselves" James said staring at Kiera feeling the warmth of the flames on him again. "I'm honestly though, not sorry for anything I've done tonight and I probably won't be guilted by his feelings" James said with a bit more anger. "I do care about your feelings though, I care about you, not your body" James said as his voice lowered "but if your going to feel guilty about this and not see it for what it really is then perhaps we should call it a night" James said as he stood up, knowing that he could've very well have ended a good thing "because I'm not what the prophet describes" James added with a slight bitterness as though Kiera should've known that by now.

Kiera was taken aback as James started yelling at her. She did not like it when people yelled at her. Depending on what was being said, she usually just sucked it up, holding in all her feelings, then crying about them later when she was alone. Not when she was being attacked though. Kiera winced slightly as he forcibly put his sweater on. It was a shame since he had such a nice body. His anger frightened her but she wasn't about to back down. Kiera's chocolate eyes stared straight back at James's without letting his gaze waver. "What was I supposed to think when you tell me you only want friends? You have been telling me since day one that you didn't want a girlfriend or anything of the sort!" she fumed. Kiera had a nice temper when she was provoked.

Kiera's eyes lost a bit of their fire as he looked at her seriously. Shock flashed through them as he admitted he liked her. Where did that come from? That changed everything inside her head. She was ashamed as he brought up her boyfriend. Kiera certainly wasn't proud of what she had done to Alex. Kiera's eyes flashed with anger once more as his voice changed tone. Kiera watched him stand up as he continued to talk. She decided to skip over the part about her boyfriend. She wasn't sure what to do about Alex or how he would react when she told him about tonight. But she would tell him. Kiera rose to her feet. She tried to look directly into his eyes but she was a short girl. She was only 5 feet tall. Kiera's tone was quiet, but had hints of anger in it. She was trying to control her temper.

If she was going to hell she might as well do it properly. "I don't read the prophet." she said as her eyes flashed anger. "What matters to me is how you think about me. What am I suppose to think when you have this place set up like a date and invite me here then kiss me and hold me and all the while knowing I have a boyfriend so your in the clear knowing you can just have fun and don't need commitment to me. So what if I like you? That doesn't matter if your just wanting to have fun..." she ranted, almost getting off topic. It hurt her feelings that James thought she asked him that because of what some paper said about him. Her actions were based only on his words.

James listened intently as she spoke not wanting to say anything that might further upset her as he really didn't like argueing with people that he cared about. The Bluebells however had intensified and the patronus itself had taken the dog shape once more however it still remained small. James didn't know what to do or even what he wanted but knew that a part of him did want Kiera. He didn't want her to be angry at him or put her guilt over cheating with him over his head as though it had been completely his fault, however he did understand that they were both to blame. James looked at her more intently as he took a step forwards thinking about what he should say without wanting to make it sound as though he was trying to play her. It wasn't an easy task and James knew that however things had to be clear, Otherwise anything that was or may have been between the two would be erased.

"What if I said I brought you up here tonight because I wanted to be more then just friends" James said not quite his normal tone but definately not a whisper, more like something in between. "I haven't dated anyone because I didn't want to get to close since..." James voice stopped. The situation with Isabella was always a painfull subject to bring up and even in front of Kiera whom he felt as though he could talk about anything with, he found that his voice would not allow him to do so. "But I want to get close to you" James said honestly as he placed his arms around her and stared at her. "I don't want to intimidate you, or make you think that I only want one thing from you" James admitted though not quite sure if she would understand it all. "I don't want to make you mad and I especially don't want to hurt you" James said as he looked into her eyes.

Part of James wanted to kiss Kiera again but a stronger part of James told him not too, he needed something to do something else to prove that Kiera wasn't just a physical thing for him to play with and then discard. James released her and sat back down on the blanket "so why don't we just take things slow from here and just talk?" James proposed even though his heart was not fully incline to agree with his brain. It seemed like the best thing to do and James was sure that his brain was right on this. James looked up at Kiera and wondered what she was going to say or do, James wouldn't have blamed her if she declined and simply left him sitting there for the rest of the night by himself. The Silvery dog known as Siruis barked slightly like an animal wanting a bone as he moved around the bluebells again as if trying to recreate the mood.

Kiera's eyes locked with James's as she waited for his response. Kiera was never one to intentionally fight, she didn't like them one bit. However, she remained with her hands on her hips as she waited. Kiera wasn't sure what she was still doing here. Now would have been the perfect time to escape, but she didn't even think about it. The anger in her eyes slowly faded as he began to talk to her. Kiera dropped her hands from her hips and just listened to what James had to say.

Kiera noticed the difference in James's voice but she couldn't quite put her finger on it. Her heart lurched as he said he didn't want to be just friends. That was new to Kiera. Her brow furrowed as she listened to him pause. Why hadn't he wanted to get close to anyone? Kiera froze as he said he wanted to get close to her. He had put his arms around her once more, making her feel safe and secure. Did that mean he wanted to date her? Kiera's anger was completely faded. Kiera's wide eyes stared back at his. Kiera absorbed all the information he had just given her. Her body relaxed, the tension erased. Kiera nodded her head at him, to show she was listening. She couldn't figure out why James wanted her? Kiera's mind was confused once again. What should she do or say? Why did he wait until she had a boyfriend to tell her all of this?

Kiera felt James release her from his arms. He sat down and said he just wanted to talk. Kiera was already in enough trouble with Alex as it was, talking wouldn't make a difference. Kiera nodded her head and sank down onto the blanket. She lowered her eyes to the ground as she tried to collect her thoughts. She sat like that for a few moments. Then she gazed back at James. Only one thing came to her mind. "Do you really mean that? You want to be close with me? Because you like me?" she said, not really grasping that James truly did care about her. The thought never occurred to her that she might be beautiful, she never saw that in herself.

James looked at Kiera and smiled "why wouldn't I like you?" James asked with an amused tone "Your smart and funny, athletic and beautiful" James said as he placed an arm around Kiera but did nothing more. His continued looking at Kiera as he thought about what else he wanted to say to her. "I've liked you for a while, it's just that somethings can't be forgotten" James said not quite sure what he meant by that himself. The bluebells moved slowly as Siruis had reverted back to a whisp moving in and out of the small blue orbs. James felt a yawn as he looked over at his watch, it was already past midnight yet as he looked at Kiera he felt sleepiness dissapear and desire grow. James didn't pursue anything as he was simply enjoying Kiera's company.

The night was getting darker and the stars were shining brighter. James could actually see them in Kiera's eyes and enjoyed the twinkle they made added to her own. "Next year I go back to London to play for the Canons again" James said a little matter of factly. He definately didn't know what he wanted to do about Kiera when he was out of school and she was still around especially if her boyfriend was still hanging around the corridors for her. James knew that the whole boyfriend issue was definately going to be a problem but he also had to wonder if him not being around would pose just as much of a threat or more so. James wondered what Kiera would say or think.

Kiera could hear the amusement in James's voice. She smiled, embarressed as he complimented her. The way he made it sound, she was wonderful. Kiera didn't see all that about herself. She really liked the fact that James was able to sit here and just talk to her. Her trust in him grew. He casually put an arm around her, it was more comforting than romantic. Kiera grinned at him. "Speaking of athletic, I'm competing again this summer." she told him, knowing he would know what she was talking about. James had been the one to fix her knee up at the beginning of the year. She hoped she didn't need him for that again this year. Kiera paused as he said something else. Kiera frowned slightly. "What can't be forgotten?" she asked curiously.

Kiera smiled up at the stars. It was a pleasant night outside and she wasn't the least bit chilly. James had been thinking smartly as he placed the bluebells around them. They kept her nice and warm. Kiera turned back to James as he spoke. Confusion was written in her eyes. She wasn't sure what he meant with that sentence. She knew he was graduating already. Kiera grinned at him. "Can I come see you play?" she asked him, truly interested in watching him. She had only seen him fly once.

James laid down with Kiera still in his arms the stars shimmered as James felt his eyes get a bit heavior. Kiera asked if she might be able to see James play something Isabella had never really showed true interest in. Isabella had disliked Quidditch and only watched it because of James. He knew that she probably never could or would understand the game, Kiera however would definately understand everything that was going on and could properly cheer for him. James couldn't help but smirk on the inside as he said rather casually "If you want to". James had seen some of the other player's wives and wondered how Kiera would feel sitting with them. James blushed slightly at such a thought and banished it from his mind. James decided he needed something to take his mind away if only for a moment.

"See that star up there?" James asked pointing slighty at the brightest thing in the sky besides the moon of course. "It's not really a star, it Venus" James explained as he noticed the other stars shimmering while Venus simply shined. "Many people think it's the North Star because it's so bright but it doesn't twinkle" James said as he lowered his arms slightly and closed his eyes, he enjoyed this moment here with Kiera greatly even if they weren't kissing James realised that he really did just like spending time with her and doing nothing else. James wondered if Kiera truly felt the same way or if she was really the one using him, James didn't know what he would do if he found out something like that.

Kiera smiled as James lowered them both down. She sighed as she laid there, her eyes were starting to droop. The warmth made her sleepy plus it was late anyways. However, Kiera perked up as James said she could come watch him play. Her face lit up. She hadn't ever seen a game of Professional Quidditch. She would be happy to sit on the sidelines and cheer him on. "I definitely want to." she told him, positive in her own conviction. Kiera didn't know how different professional was but she did know that they sold tickets to them. "Do you get a certain amount of tickets to each game? I've never seen a professional match." she told him, excitedly.

Kiera cuddled up into James's arms. This was pleasant. She liked being here and talking. Kiera liked James but still in the pit of her stomach she knew this was wrong. Kiera loved Alex but he had been erased from her mind with the talk of Quidditch. It was one of Kiera's favorites. Kiera looked up at the star James was pointing at. She nodded her head. "Yes what about it?" she asked. Kiera listened to his answer with amusement on her face. "I guess I should know that shouldn't I?" she said knowing she hardly ever paid attention in Astronomy. "I like the stars. You can see them much better here than at home." she told him.

"yeah" James said a little slowly as sleep was somewhat overtaking him. "No matter where you go, they always seem to remain the same" James said thinking about how much he enjoyed watching them especially when he was traveling around the world. James enjoyed playing Quidditch but had to admit he disliked the fact that throughout most of the year he was spent traveling throughout Europe and the rest of of the world. "You should play for the Harpies when you get out of school" James said with some interest, "I have a friend on the team that might be able to help you" James said thinking about Ravyn and what she might be doing right now. James missed some of his friends from Hogwarts but did enjoy the people he met here in New Zeland.

Siruis had dissapeared and the Bluebells remained floating around though a few went a little bit more out then before as if whatever was controlling them was loosing some of their grip. James knew however that they would stay with them untill at least the morning and rather enjoyed there luxery. James looked at over at Kiera his eyes only opened slightly, he wondered how she would feel about staying with him for the rest of the night like this. James felt a bit more then confused about Kiera's feelings, at one moment she seemed to only think about him but at other times it seemed as though she were thinking about him. James was furthur frustrated because it seemed as though she wanted him to commit even though she had yet to really do anything to say that he was more and not just a break from the boyfriend.

Kiera listened to James as she closed her own eyes. She was still awake and paying attention to him but her eyes were shut. She found it interesting that the Quidditch matches were mostly the same. "Can you give those tickets to whoever you want?" she asked, thinking about herself. She wanted James to want her at his matches. She could be his own cheering section. Kiera liked to watch Quidditch even if she wasn't getting to play. Kiera opened her eyes to look at James as he said she should play for the Harpies. Kiera had heard of them. She gave James a breath-taking smile. "I would like that. It might have to wait a few years though. I want to go to the Olympics first. Its been my dream since I was three." she told him, she couldn't remember if she had ever told him what the Olympics were.

Kiera noticed that the lights seemed to be getting dimmer. She wondered why and hoped that they would still keep her warm. Kiera was fairly cold natured. Kiera flipped over in James's arms. She looked him in the eyes. "I'm sorry that I accused you of just wanted to use me as a plaything. I know better now." she said with honesty in her voice. She yawned slightly. "For what its worth, I do like you. I have since I first met you." she told him before closing her eyes. She wondered if he would respond.

"We have about three or four tickets we can give to friends, direct family get's in for free" James thought about how he was always giving a ticket to Uncle Ron and Hugo, even Rose seemed interesting in watching him play. Quidditch was dangerous amongst adults as the rules seemed to slip more and the referees tend to miss even more then the rules slip. This was because they needed the matches to be exciting so that they could sell more tickets. People seemed to like the chaos and distruction that came with Quidditch. It was also why each team had so many players, you had the 1st string and the 2nd string then you even had a 3rd string for certain players, such as Seeker and Keeper. Jame had been lucky indeed that he had been chosen as a first string Seeker but that was probably because the Canons were pretty bad and were desperate for something.

"I'm sorry I got offesive" James said a bit sullen as he looked slightly at her and kissed her forhead softly, she felt a bit cool but not cold. It was kinda the feeling one gets when they had a fan on them during a hot day, at least that's what JAmes assumed. "I like you too" James said as he wrapped his arms around Kiera tighter feeling her warmth on him. "I wouldn't do anything to hurt you, not intentionally that is" James said as his eyes opened slightly only to close again, for some desperate reason he wanted Kiera to know that. He wanted her to know that he meant everything that he said and that his feelings were and always had been truly sencere and not some trap waiting to be sprung.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back