Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Ebony Wand 15" Essence of Thestral Tail Hair
Shanaos Zhefarovich the Third was very well endowed when it came to luck and riches. Shane was now successful in running his cauldron and potion shop, where he sold so many ingredients and cauldrons. He mixed potions and sold them on the side, but that was not the main goal of his shop. Shane had a lot going for him now. He recently acquired a place of his own, and his teenage rebellious years are now out of his life for good. Shane had been alone for some time, though that did not count his insane mother trying to get him to convert over to the dark side or something nuts like that. Shane was just happy that his dad was still alive, and that now he was distracting his mother enough to get him off of his back. Rayna was a Death Eater still, and it had been years and years since the fall of Voldemort, so he did not see why she had figured that following the dead Dark Lord would have done something. He did not know why. His uncle was the same way, and so was his aunt. Shane just did not understand it. Sighing, he walked into his shop, and he opened it. Shane started to work on it. The store was neat, because Shane himself was a bit of a neat freak (not to the extent of Demitris). The Zhefarovich male looked to the corner and he noticed that his vials full of potions were still there, and none were leaking. On the other side, on the shelves, were nothing more than potion ingredients such as vampire blood to unicorn hair. Shane was very good at keeping everything separated. There were books on the side as well, and finally, in the center were nothing more than cauldrons, from basic ones to complicated and advanced ones.

The last thing that Shane wanted to see right now was his mom barging into the shop, and telling him how to run it. Shane knew that if he was not doing so well, then he would not be able to afford his clothing and stocking the store every time that he was running low. He was making a good profit, and it was enough to make him satisfied. It was his dream to do something like this, and he did not want to ruin his good standing with his customers with any sort of bad record. That was why he did not join that movement that he had heard about. Shane did not see why. He was actually a lot more selfish than others would actually see, but he wanted what he wanted when he wanted. That was not very hard to understand. What drove him nuts was his mother on his back about finding a wife. Thing was, he was similar to his cousin Kalif. He did not tolerate stupidity often. He was very sarcastic, and he used to manipulate others. Shane stopped that now, but he still had that ability. Shane sighed as he looked over the counter and he started to mix a potion to pass the time.

Rubie Lefevre was in the middle of a shopping trip to gather any and all supplies that she needed for her new apartment. This was the first time she had been on her own, so she wasn't quite sure what she would need other than food and soap. Rubie was never that good at shopping for the things she needed, so she made herself a list to make sure she stayed on track. Sadly, the list had been lost for some time. So Rubie was forced to wing it. "Let's see...I have bathroom supplies, food, sheets, do I need cleaning supplies? Ugh of course I do! So I still need those. Um, make-up? Yeah I have that...OH! I need potion supplies!" Rubie might have graduated some time ago, but she still wanted to make sure that her magic skills were up to par. Especially with potions because that was never her best subjects, and potions could be really useful sometimes. Rubie glanced up ahead and noticed that there was a Potion shop ahead, ah that was just perfect! Rubie only needed to get some cleaning supplies after this, so soon her long day of shopping for house supplies would be over. Rubie didn't like shopping much. Especially when it was for boring things like towels and bottles of shampoo. But it needed to be done before she could officially move in and live comfortably. Rubie had considered looking for a roommate, but she had always done a lot better on her own. Especially when it came to living to someone else. Rubie could be a little bit OCD about where she put things and how they were arranged. Plus all of Rubie's friends had gone away to other countries with their new jobs and boyfriends. So Rubie just had to deal.

The bell attached to the shop door, dinged loudly as she opened it, probably to inform the shopkeeper that someone had come inside. Already, Rubie felt overwhelmed. There were so many different ingredients, and cauldrons that Rubie had no idea where she was going to start. There were rat tails, frogs, bugs, all sorts of gross things sitting in jars, just waiting to be thrown into a potion. The first thing Rubie needed though, was a book full of potions. That might help her decide what sorts of things she needed to buy. The shopkeeper was nowhere to be seen though, so Rubie had no idea where to begin until he or she showed up to guide her in the right direction. Rubie noticed an oddly colored jar and picked it up. "I wonder what's in he-AHH!" Rubie brought the jar closer to her face as she peered inside, hoping to see whatever it was that was inside. However, when the object inside the jaw moved suddenly, Rubie felt herself becoming surprised enough to where she accidentally let go of the jar and it felt to the ground, instantly shattering. "Oh no...AH!" Rubie stumbled backwards and bumped into a cauldron and managed to knock that over all well, it clanged loudly as it hit the floor. Rubie was normally not a very clumsy person, yet here she was making one mess after another. The owner had probably heard the entire thing and was coming to make her pay and then kick her out for being an idiot. In fact, she could hear heavy footsteps headed right this way. "Oh my gosh...I'm so sorry!" Rubie didn't even get a chance to see who it was before she began to grovel and apologize like mad. Hopefully the worst that would happen was a stern look and a payment needed for the things she had broken.

Shane looked ahead when he heard someone enter the store and he saw a beautiful, younger girl. Shane stopped what he was doing while his eyes absorbed in her beauty. Shane was off guard, but then he wondered what a woman like her was doing in this neck of Bulgaria. He had not seen her around so she definitely was not from around here. He could tell that just by looking at her. The fact that his crazy mother was not here was definitely made things better. Shane would not want her coming in and then trying to get them married. Ever since things fell out with Hilde Lindstrom, his mom had been all over his arse trying to get him married to some girl. It was like she was doing this crap on purpose, and it was driving him nuts. His sisters were not married so why should he get married in a hurry? He was still running his business, he did not want to have someone on his arse making sure that everything was done right. Shane shook his head and he looked over to see that the girl was looking around, and he ducked out of sight for the time being. He had to make sure that other things were stocked and he would have to brew his potion. He got his ingredients and he brought them to a certain part of the store that he brewed his potions in. He got to work on one of them, knowing that everything needs to go according to plan, and if not, he could get hurt pretty bad. But he was going to get this one done just like before. He had brewed it several times in the past, and he was going to do it again. Sometimes it got repetitive but whatever.

Shane started to talk toward another ingredient that he needed and he was thinking of going to go help the girl out but she seemed like she was getting around just fine. However Shane jumped a bit when he heard something break or shatter on the floor. That made him turn and look but then he tipped the wrong ingredient in and then the explosion filled the air. The force from the potion blew back the Zhefarovich male and the only thing that cushioned his fall was a shelf full of utensils for potions and the wall. He crashed down on the floor and he managed to black out for a moment there. The pain felt like fire, and he thought that he was battered and bruised all because he managed to get a little shocked over the girl dropping something. So much for really wanting to impress her or whatever. Shane groaned and he reached up to rub his head with his eyes closed. Sighing, he wondered if he would have to get up or something. This was something that he needed to get treated to. He had no idea if he was burned or cut. Right now, all he knew was that his head really hurt. All because he managed to do something stupid. Shane tried to open his eyes but they were blurred right now while his head was killing him and affecting his vision. He closed his eyes once more and wondered if he should keep a healer nearby in case this thing happened often.

Rubie was waiting for a loud shout, or for the owner of the shop to come stomping over to see what damage she had caused. However, for long period of time there was nothing. Rubie was about to call out for some in case the guy didn't even hear the commotion of her breaking stuff within his store, but the sound of loud explosion took any words she had formed within her head and tossed them aside. "What was that?" Rubie's heart thumped against her chest loudly as she tried to gain the strength she needed to head in the direction of the explosion and see what had happened. "H-hello?" Rubie spoke so softly that one could probably hear the creaking of the floorboards better than they could hear her. When Rubie was finally at the part of the store that the explosion had occurred in she could see the damages that had been done. A shelf appeared to be damaged since piles of glass, liquid, and potion supplies lay uselessly on the floor. Rubie squeaked in surprise when she noticed a boy laying in the midst of the debris. It must have been the shop owner! The poor guy must have gotten caught in the explosion, the culprit appearing to be the potion that was currently smoking wildly in the cauldron before her.

"Sir, are you okay?!" Rubie rushed forward, not caring that she was getting goodness knows what on her shoes. He could be really hurt, and Rubie's motherly nature refused to see someone else suffer in such a way. The least she could do was make sure that he wasn't dead. He looked pretty banged up, but nothing close to death. "Are you able to stand at all? I think you need to go to St. Mungos and see a healer. I'll help you get there if you're willing to let me help you." Some people didn't want the help, so Rubie tried to make sure that having help was what they wanted. Even if he didn't, Rubie would try to talk him into getting some help. The poor guy had cuts and bruises all over the place. Her hands went to his mid back and shoulder as she attempted to try and have him grab her shoulder. If he could sit up, then this might be easier than she thought it would be. If not, Rubie would have to try apparating with him laying down on the floor, and that sounded dangerous.

Rubbing his head once again, hoping that when he pulled his hand away from his hair, there would not be any blood. His vision was still blurry, but the voice he heard was soft, almost like a dream. That could be the blow to the head that Shanaos received too. Shanaos looked up to see a figure before his vision lined out, and the first thing that came out of his mouth was, "Whoa." Shanaos could be flirty in some ways, but this was anything but. He was actually shocked by who was looking over him, and how good looking she was. But his head was killing him, and he needed to have some sort of medical attention due to that explosion. Yeah, he owned a shop, so being blown up was not in his agenda. Not to mention how embarrassing it was. He should be an expert at these things, and should have been watching what he was doing. And he felt like he was making a fool of himself. Seriously, and she was pretty much trying to help him. He was the shop owner, he should be helping his customers, not the other way around. He could feel her hands upon his body, and he flinched a bit, either in pain or not used to physical contact.

"I haven't tried standing yet. But I think I'm the shopkeeper, and I am supposed to be helping you." Shane attempted to sit up, which seemed a lot easier said than done. Wow that potion really did a number on him. He didn't want to grab her shoulder though. She seemed a lot smaller than he was, so he used his hands to push his body up from the floor. However his left hand landed on a piece of glass, and sliced into his palm. He hissed and he looked down at the slice. Blood. He had to look away from it. "Um, I prefer not to go to Saint Mungo's. People die there, but I'm okay." Well, that was definitely an understatement. His body was in pain, he was sure that he looked like he was hit by a whomping willow. There was something about blood that made him a little uncomfortable. As long as he did not have to look at it, it will be fine. He moved his eyes to the female helping him, and he gave her a subtle smile, trying to assure her that he was fine.

Rubie wasn't sure how to react to the man's 'whoa' statement. Wass that directed towards her or the explosion that had just occurred. It wouldn't seem like something he would say to her, unless she accidentally scared him or something. "Whoa what?" Rubie almost laughed. A part of her wanted to add in how funny the situation happened to be. Rubie accidentally knocked something over, and he accidentally blew himself up. His poor shop was going to be nothing but a pile of wood if they kept this up. Once he figured out that she had broken something of his, the chances of her getting thrown out were high. Maybe if she didn't mention it, he would never have the chance to find out. it could easily be blamed on the explosion. Rubie noticed that he didn't want to grab her shoulders and assist her with trying to help him up off the ground, and decided to wrap her arms around his torso so she could help him at least sit up. He stated that he was supposed to be helping her, and Rubie blinked. Was he unaware of the fact that he was bleeding and burned in various places on his body right now?

"Normally I would agree, but right now you need some help. I know you don't want to go to the hospital, but you're bleeding! I have no idea how to heal your wounds and if they were to get infected, then you could be in some real trouble. We're going and that's that. No arguing." Rubie was usually sweet and docile when around others. But at the same time she had a tendency to be very nurturing and protective. Rubie was a Lefevre, so sweet or not, she knew when to put her foot down. This boy reminded her of her big brother in some way. He didn't want others to think that he was weak, and he had mutual hatred of health care facilities. That made Rubie want to take care of him even more. Rubie wasn't going to let this boy out of her sight until he managed to get himself healed up. Either he was going to do it himself, or they were going to search for someone who could. "I feel like I should help you clean up at as well." This whole explosion might have been her fault. It could have been the sound of something breaking that made him lose concentration like he did. But that could be delt with once this guy was all healed up and in perfect condition.

Shane flushed when she asked what he meant by when he said 'whoa'. Well, she was gorgeous, by far the prettiest of girls he had seen in ages. Much prettier than the girls he had dated a long time ago before he just gave up after his break up with Hilde Lindstrom. He fawned over her for years, and somehow it just ended after two years. Whatever, she was missing out. Shane shook his head and he said, "I shouldn't say. Just, well, nothing." He couldn't even speak it, it was so embarrassing with how he was acting around her. He felt her arms around his torso and he turned as red as blood, seeing as that kind of contact was very uncomfortable for him. He was shocked that it was happening to him like it was. That sort of contact was just too much for the Zhefarovich male. He needed to get some things so that he could tend to his wounds, but he thought that standing up would be a bit of a hassle right now. Plus he was unsure if his legs were even there. He could wiggle his toes in his shoes, and he felt reassured that his legs were still there.

"I will fight you on that matter. I refuse to go to any hospital. I can heal myself, if I knew where the potions and my wand were. Otherwise, you are acting like my mom should have if I got hurt." Shane looked at her, and he raised an eyebrow before he winced a bit in pain as he reached behind his head and felt the knot and some liquid seeping out. Not bad, but he was not about to die over this. He could make himself better eventually. Shane then remembered that he could do some wandless magic, so he held out his hand and his wand came to him with a simple summoning spell. Then he got to work with healing up his legs and some on his arms. Anywhere that had an open wound healed up and eventually, he was nothing but battered and bruised. The pain was still there, but now he did not have to worry about bleeding everywhere. "You really don't have to. Um, so, before I blew myself up and managed to argue with you, did you need something in here? I think I can still help out." Shane thought that it would still be his duty to help her out.

Rubie blinked before raising an eyebrow at him. He wasn't even going to tell her why he said what he had said? Rubie absolutely hated it when people did that, she felt like she was being left out or something. Resisting the urge to yell, Rubie breathed softly before speaking; "Dude, you can't just say 'whoa' and then not tell me what you said it for!" Rubie explained. That was like showing putting a brand new shiny toy in a child's face and then taking it away all of a sudden. Rubie wanted to know what he had said it for and one way or another, she intended to get it out of him. Of course she would wait until he was healed and his stored was cleaned up before she bothered him though. Poor guy didn't quite deserve that kind of torture just yet. Although Rubie didn't voice it, a part of her wanted to tell the shopkeeper that he reminded her of her brother, they were both stubborn as an ox, yet had a gentle way about them. Rubie had no idea how an human being could accomplish being both at the same time, so she figured that it was just one of those life mysteries she was always hearing about.

"Fine, bring it. You're already injured so it probably won't take much to put you out entirely. Come on, I just want to help you! St. Mungos isn't that bad of a place!" Rubie warned. He wouldn't dare fight her! He was already too injured to be messing around and gaining more injuries. After he managed to get a hold of some supplies he actually began to treat his own wounds. Rubie watched him curiously, as she had always thought that medicine and healing were fascinating topics. "Did you use to be a healer or something?" He knew how to deal with injuries quite well. Rubie was envious. A part of her wished that she had just buckled down and became a healer. Sadly she spent more time watching over her brother rather than taking care of her grades and future. When asked if she had needed something, Rubie flushed. Oh she did come in here for something! But what was it? "Honestly? I can't remember what I came in here for." All the commotion with the guy and the explosion he had caused, she had forgotten all about her reasons for coming into this shop to begin with. How silly she must look right now!

Shane just did not want to say what he was thinking when he had said that word. Apparently, she was not going to let him get away with it, but he was a Zhefarovich, so he was going to remain as stubborn as he can be. He was not going to budge on what he was thinking. But then again, maybe she should know that her beauty took his breath away. "Okay, so, I was saying whoa to you. It isn't every day that I see a stunning person walk in here. I am a little embarrassed." Yes, he was really embarrassed now as the color of red returned to his face without him being slapped or without the sun. Shane just did not know what else he could really say right now that could make him look better or less of a creep but it was out in the open, and she really wanted to know about it. So, Shane left that hanging there, even though he was giving in to only one of her demands. He was not going to hospital though. He could take care of himself and he was keeping it that way.

The girl really wanted to fight him or something! Shane was not a violent person, so he was not going to actually fight her. He would hurt her and he did not want to do that. She asked if he used to be a healer or something. He shook his head and replied, "No, just practice. I heal a lot of family members. But I do have a fear of hospitals, so that's why I still refuse when there's no need. I wouldn't really fight you though." Shane just did not want to fight, but he was still a little sore from the injuries. He could heal the worst of it, but he did not need to heal the rest of it. He looked over at the girl, and now she couldn't remember what it was. Shane chuckled at the realization of that, and he looked around the store before he saw literally no one. It was a slow morning anyway. "I'm not surprised. Um, I'm Shane by the way, well, Shanaos Zhefarovich the Third. What's your name?" If he knew that blowing himself would have landed himself in the area of a pretty girl, he would have done so a long time ago, even if he was hurt in the process.

Although Rubie wasn't all that surprised to hear that he found her to be stunning, it did surprise her that it was his reasoning for the wow he muttered earlier. Rubie came from a family with lots of pretty girls, many much prettier than she was so it felt sort of strange having someone's attention focused on her. "As cute as that is, I can't say I'm surprised. I hear it a lot, especially with the family I'm from. But uh...thanks?" Rubie could have told him that he wasn't too bad to look at himself, but that probably would have been weird. Plus she wasn't the type to shamelessly flirt. Nope, that was her brother's job. He'd snatch this boy up in a heartbeat if he had the chance. Rubie wondered if the whole reason she was so shy and motherly, was because her brother still had the tendency to act like a hopeless teenager. Oh well, Rubie didn't mind acting like a mother sometimes. She was unsure if she'd ever have kids, so at least she got to pretend with her brother from time to time. Rubie tuned out of her thoughts and let her attention avert back to the stranger who's shop she had nearly destroyed.

"Why the fear of hospitals? If you don't mind me asking? Healing is a good skill to have, especially during situations like these. I never had the chance to learn, but maybe someday when I have some spare time I'll look into it." Shane having the ability to heal himself made Rubie consider the fact that maybe one day she should do the same. Though she'd probably never be able to use it on herself because she rarely ever got hurt, if someone else needed to be healed, she could actually be useful instead of getting in the way. "Oh, you're a Zhefarovich? How interesting. Nice to meet you Shane! My name is Rubie Lefevre." The fact that he was a Zhefarovich made this a little bit more weird. Rubie wasn't entirely informed on her family's affairs, but she did know that the Lefevre's and the Zhefarovich's were pretty closely knit together. Sadly, Rubie wasn't super close with her relatives, so she barely knew any of the members from that family. Perhaps that's why she had absolutely no clue that Shane was an ally of her own family. Maybe he didn't know either.

Shane really did not want to act like a complete fool in front of a pretty, young woman. She was a breath of fresh air in the musty shop that he owned. He actually forgot what he was doing hurt for a moment there. She said that she heard it a lot from the family that she was from, and she thanked him. Well, she could take a compliment. He did not like it when girls could not just accept compliments, but he did not mind it either. Low self-esteem was something that he understood pretty well. "Well, nothing could make this more awkward unless my crazy mother came in here to see this. Thankfully, she isn't." She still gave him hell over rejecting that one pure-blood he dated for a bit. But, he just did not see a future with her. Hilde was not someone that he brought up often, since he was about sick of his mother trying to meddle in, trying to find him a lovely pure-blood lady to get fixed up with. He didn't need a wife. He just wanted a simple life. Apparently, a Zhefarovich could not have that. It was unheard of. The Zhefarovich members had to have something big going on or else face disownment or something.

Now she asked why the fear of hospitals. Shane did not mind her asking, but he was a little embarrassed to say why that is. But, what more could happen that would be worse than blowing one's self up in front of a pretty girl? "People die there. I don't want to end up just another number in the morgue." Plus, the Zhefarovich family had this tendency to not want to accept help from anyone. If one could not help themselves, then they deserve to be in pain or die. She mentioned how he was a Zhefarovich, and then she mentioned how she was a Lefevre. Rubie Lefevre. The Lefevre family had a knack for attracting the Zhefarovich family. His aunt was one. "Well, I think our family might have met once or twice," Shane joked for a moment, before he stood up on his feet. He looked around the shop some more, before deciding that it was in good enough shape. "So, how about we go off and have a coffee? I don't mind closing the shop down for an hour or a day..." He might have been a little forward, but he did not care.

Rubie wanted to point out that his injuries were so minor that he'd be in and out within minutes, but he really didn't seem like he wanted to go, so she wasn't going to press the issue. In fact he was even inviting her out for some coffee. Rubie thought about it for a moment, normally she didn't think it wise to go out with someone she had only just met. But she almost felt like she owed him. "Sure, my treat though since I'm the one that almost blew up your shop. I promise not to do anything like that while drinking coffee either." Rubie held her hand out and allowed herself to to link arms with Shane. It was sweet that he was thinking of closing his shop down for awhile to treat her to coffee, but honestly a part of her thought it was needed too.
Fin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back