Bleak Street Halloween!

Maeve replaced her glass and smiling at the woman beside her made an excuse and moved on through the crowd again. She looked up and froze, the unmistakeable outfit of a death eater was standing mere feet away. It couldn't possibly be a real one? She became flustered for a moment, drink really didn't agree with her no matter how little she drank.
She turned and moved in the opposite direction now, more and more people had begun to spill out onto the street. Some of these looked as if they wore their costumes on a regular basis. She felt lightheaded all of a sudden. She needed to sit down somewhere just to catch some fresh air.

But it seemed that the air in this particular part of the world was stifling.

Mary-Jane was drinking a fire-whisky when she noticed someone talking to her. "Oh hi, I'm Mary-Jane. Oh yes, i i made it myself. And i love your costume! The wings must be really heavy." she said, laughing slightly.

Monika walked into the party with her brother, Ardian. They had promised to meet Mary-Jane there. Mary-Jane was her twin brother's girlfriend. She looked around and noticed Mary-Jain standing alone. She walked towards the girl, with Ardian following her.

"Hi Mary-Jane, you look beautiful! Sorry we're late. Ardian had to finish his work first."

doll-imageed.gif

Ardian followed his sister to the Halloween Party. Mary-Jane was going too. They entered the room and saw Mary-Jane standing alone. Following his sister approach, his grilfriend, he complimented her.

"Mary-Jane, you look gorgeous today. I always loved that costume! Guess what am i?"he asked his girlfriend.

d.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
"Gee thanks Monika, Ardian! I love both your costumes too! Erm..Monika, you're a princess, and Ardian, a prince?" Mary-Jane said, laughing. " Ardian, you actually changed your hair color!" Mary-Jane shrieked.

Mallory malkin was excited to go to Bleek Street for the Haloween party sh ehad heard about.She was dressed as a princess but she wished she would have used some of her halloween costume that she had put in display for sale at her shop.She apparated to Bleek Street and found it ready for the party.

It was perfectly decorated for teh ocassion, though Mallory realised she didnt know anyone here.She walked to a group of ladies an dintroduced herself."Hello, I am Mallory Malkin.Its nice to see you all dressed in beatiful costumes."she said taking a note of the new designs she had seen so that she could make some similar costumes for her shop."Hi Mary-Jane, ist a suprise to see you here"she said suddnely recognizing one of her friends.

19.gif

Storm had to laugh too.
"I'm also with the ministry. Just started recently actually. Department of muggle excuses, it so taxes my little grey cells but someone has got to do it!" she smiled.
She looked about her and noticed that more and more people were coming. She looked as the lady with the black wings went and sat off to the side.
'hmm really nice costume' Storm conceded, running her hand down the length of her own.
On turning she could have sworn she saw someone dressed in a death eater costume and smiled. Halloween always brought out the aspiring wanna-bes, she mused or just the plain raving lunatics.
She sighed because she knew that in the morning she would most likely have a desk full of hundreds of stupid files based on what some daft witches and wizards did tonight.
She kept her eye on the man dressed as a death eater, she knew it was a man as the very build of him in his costume told her so. Might be interesting to say hello she smiled to herself. Shame he was already talking to someone, she thought.

Maeve slowly stood up and began to wander aimlessly through the crowd again. Keeping a more vigilant watch of the people that were here. She knew that having the party here on Bleak Street was more for the benefit of Luxen's shop more than anything but she couldn't stand being here. It just felt too repressive.

'Yes, I know.' Rowena agreed looking round, seeing a lot more people had arrived. She noticed a death eater amongst them and smiled. It had been a long time since she had seen one and it made her feel back to her old self almost, when she wished she was one. 'Good costumes around indeed,'she said, not really knowing what else to say.

The time was just flying by as Luxen walked out onto a stage that appeared just for him. "I know you all are having fun!" He exclaimed trying to sound as though he enjoyed their presence. "But now it is time for the Raffle!" he said alloud knowing that most everybody had gotten their ticket. A Pumpkin flew over to him as he got ready to pull out the first winning ticket.
RULES FOR THE RAFFLE!

To give everybody a fair chance at this I'm going to be posting four numbers throughout today and tomorrow.

To win, you must have previously posted stating your arrival at the party, (This will be allowed even after this post for any 'late' showers). After I post the number, the first person to post winning, will hense be the winner. Your winning post must include four parts, (each one can just be a sentence long meaning you are required to post at least four sentences and not just 'I win') They include.

Hearing the Number.
Checking your Ticket.
Annoucing you've won.
Walking up to claim your prize!

Please note that I'll be the one to announce the prize after you've posted so please don't say you've won a certain object that you may not have. (all the prizes are really good so don't worry). The final note is, that these are the rules for the Silver Snake Raffle and not The Borgin's and Burke Raffle, she may use the same rules if she wishes but she is not obligated to do so.

This obvious but decided to post it anyways, you can only win once and Bleak Steet Shop Operators are not elligible.

"Well this should be interesting", Storm smiled to Rowena, she held up her own ticket making sure she knew the number, then tucked it back inside her dress pocket again.
"I absolutely never win at these type of things. Did that man say what they were raffling?" She looked now at the tall imposing figure on the platform waiting for him to call the first number.

Mallory heard the man announcce that they were soon going to be announcing the raffel winners.She took out her ticket and waited for the number to be called.Mostly everyone was anxious to know what the prizes were and so was Mallory.

Mallory looked at her ticket once more.She just knew that this would be a lucky evening for her.All the third dates of any month had proved lucky for her but she never tried to figure out why.She smiled, a smile she had never smiled for almost a yera now.She raised her hand in the crowd so that Luxen could see her.she thought it would be appropriate to go and claim her price.She walked up to the stage smiling and stood there waiting for the best to happen.

(I wonXXXXXX))

'Yes he did,'Rowena answered, taking her staff and pulling her ticket out bewteen the string, smirking. 'I don't really win either. My luck has failed for the past years since school,'Rowena added not wanting Storm to feel bad. there we go again. You must be going crazy!she told herself.

"Congradualation Miss. Malkin! you win!" Luxen said smiling He waved his wand, one of the Dementor's Cloaks flew down and folded itself in front of Mallory Malkin. "You win a Dementor's Cloak Worth 175 Galleons but now on sale for tonight only, 100 Galleons!" Luxen said smiling

PRIZE 1! Dementor's Cloak!
Dementor.jpg

rowena watched as the winning ticket owened by a woman was called out. the woman walked up to the stage and collected her prize which was a demonter's cloak. Rowena clapped even though no one else did. She wondered if this was the woman that owen the shop named just like her's alomst.

"Oh Thankyou very much"she said with a smile as the cloack folded into her hands.She walked back to her place from her stage smiling.Wondering what the other prices will be she stood there in the crowd feeling extraodinary.

Lila apparated into Bleek Street, she was late somewhere for the first time according to her memory which was quite good.The street was full of people dressed in different kinds of costume as Lila had expected.She saw something going on the stage and remembered the raffel ticket.She took out hers and narrowed her eyes as she saw that the winner of the first ticket was Mallory Malkin whom she had tried to invite to the party.As Mallory walked back into the crowd, Lila walked to her and said "Hello Mallory, Good to see you here"and smiled."It seems that your luck is good these days"she added.
5555.gif

((Miss Carla, please don't take offense but could you please use a smaller picture, It's taking up a Large part of the entire Forum))

Storm sighed when the ticket was called out, it wasn't hers at all.
She watched as another woman walked up and claimed her prize, a dementors cloak? Storm was relieved that she hadn't won after all, who in their right mind would consider a dementors cloak a prize.
Storm looked about remembering which street she was on and raising an eyebrow, thought it very apt after all.
She listened as Rowena mentioned about her luck being out since school. She turned and gave her a quizzical look as well.
"What makes you say that then?"

Lila couldnt help noticing that she was the only one who wasnt in a costume.According to Lila, she was dressed as the famous muggle singer Shakila but she wasnt sure if anyone in the wizarding world would be knowing her.She scanned the crowd and saw two ladies talking, one of them she recognized as a Ministry Official but the others face was a bit familiar but she couldnt recall where she had seen her.

'Umm, I don't really think i want to tell you, no offense, but it's private really. Mostly family problems though. total fell apart,'Rowena replied trying to give her an idea, but not too much information. Tom, uld kill her if his escape plan worked.

Maeve continued circulating amongst the crowd and eventually made her way back to the table. She smiled at some women that seemed engrossed in a conversation.
"Are you all alright for a drink or some food?" she asked, smiling kindly at them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back